Video: Letterman’s Top 10 George W. Bush moments

posted at 11:42 am on April 24, 2007 by Allahpundit

From the White House Correspondents Dinner. I’d seen most but not all of them before. The immigration clip really captures his concentration on the issue. And number two really should have been number one.

Great to see Tony Snow back out in front of an audience, too.

Comments

Courtesy of Worldwide Pants: the same folks who brought you the classic comedy smash, Snipers Wanted!

Of course, they were just expressing their frustration with the quagmire in Iraq.

saint kansas on April 24, 2007 at 11:48 AM

Let’s compile a list of Clinton’s shining moments. Oh, wait, this site is PG-13 rated, isn’t it? Anyhow…

Funny, but just doesn’t live up to the impersonation one from last year. Good to see Tony’s back.

amerpundit on April 24, 2007 at 11:51 AM

Ol’ W, You have to give him credit, He’s at least a real person….
but until he barfs on a head of state, sleeps through a cabinet meeting, falls off an airplane ladder, or flips an intern in the back room, he no worse than the rest.

CBarker on April 24, 2007 at 11:54 AM

That was pretty good.

I thought one of the best videos at a Correspondents Dinner was the Clinton “Final Days” clip.

Slublog on April 24, 2007 at 11:55 AM

That’s our George, but at least he doesn’t screw the help.

Matticus Finch on April 24, 2007 at 11:56 AM

So…no “SNL Digital Short” this week?

Slublog on April 24, 2007 at 11:59 AM

Maybe my computer is screwing up, but I can’t tell what happens in the number 1 clip. It looks like he’s just walking, and then everybody laughs.

What am I missing?

PaisleyCow on April 24, 2007 at 12:00 PM

He’s hocking a loogie.

a4g on April 24, 2007 at 12:04 PM

PaisleyCow-

He spit.

Down here in Texas, that’s as normal as walking.

Matticus Finch on April 24, 2007 at 12:04 PM

PaisleyCow,

It looks to me like he spits something out. Maybe gum?

mikeyboss on April 24, 2007 at 12:06 PM

PaisleyCow on April 24, 2007 at 12:00 PM

He spit. Apparently, that’s hysterical.

amerpundit on April 24, 2007 at 12:08 PM

Our President is a good man. He had a hearty laugh at himself. I like seeing that.

The basketball with no air was truly funny, though.

unamused on April 24, 2007 at 12:09 PM

And number two really should have been number one.

All Letterman’s top ten lists are like that.

World B. Free on April 24, 2007 at 12:11 PM

I watched the entire thing on CSPAN. (Don’t I have an exciting life?) Did anyone else see the Rich Little act? What a disaster.
When you can’t make a room full of drunks laugh, you know your act is bad.

BacaDog on April 24, 2007 at 12:29 PM

>Let’s compile a list of Clinton’s shining moments.

“Shining.” Is that what kids are calling it these days? :)

Doghouse on April 24, 2007 at 12:29 PM

Not much of a blooper reel for being 7 years+ in the public eye.

However, he should be castigated for his performance on immigration. Neocon butt-wipe.

Valiant on April 24, 2007 at 12:29 PM

amerpundit on April 24, 2007 at 11:51 AM

While this is not Billery’s shining moments, it is just as informative. Has a great pic of the Glacier.

DCA on April 24, 2007 at 12:32 PM

My all time favorite is his infamous comment re gynocologists not being able to show their love for women.

honora on April 24, 2007 at 12:42 PM

honora on April 24, 2007 at 12:42 PM

Yes, that one, and the one about people working hard “to put food on their family.”

mikeyboss on April 24, 2007 at 12:51 PM

Or is attacked by a killer rabbit…

moc23 on April 24, 2007 at 1:14 PM

While I understand that tradition at this event is to poke fun at the President, and that the current belief of Americans is that it’s our [i]duty[/i] to constantly make fun of his gaffes, it would be refreshing to see an honest “Top Ten Bush Moments”.

That might include the “We hear you” speech, the first pitch at the NY ballgame shortly after 9/11, hugging that kid who lost a parent there, and I’m sure a host of other possibilities that might come from people with better memories than mine.

eforhan on April 24, 2007 at 1:28 PM

When you can’t make a room full of drunks laugh, you know your act is bad.

BacaDog on April 24, 2007 at 12:29 PM

Yes, BD, I watched the whole thing too. It could have been named “L’affaire Lame”. Everything about the entire event was lame. They can scrap it and no one would miss it. It used to be a ‘day of truce’ – now they can’t even have a ‘moment of truce’ any more and they’re just there smirking, while being utterly bored.

Little was the lamest I’ve ever seen him. These farts, in all high places should just gracefully retire a bit earlier. Larry King looks like the Reaper talking. Reid looks like the Reaper trying to think. Senator Byrd looks like the Reaper Walking. Back to the event – Helen Thomas seemed to be the real Reaper. Disgusting all of it.

Entelechy on April 24, 2007 at 1:33 PM

And, yes, I give the booklet on “Bushisms” to my Leftie and Rightie friends. Stitches.

Entelechy on April 24, 2007 at 1:35 PM

OK, so Liberals are smarter than the rest of us, and the President has a sense of humor and can laugh at himself.

It must really stink to hate the president for eight years. Let’s do it again for Dave (if he’s on that long).

Hening on April 24, 2007 at 3:41 PM

I would much rather support a man that doesn’t know his right hand from his left, then a man or party that spends all of its time trying to convince the public that your right hand is, in fact your left.

americaslaststand on April 24, 2007 at 4:29 PM

This is actually pretty funny.

Lawrence on April 24, 2007 at 5:29 PM

I have to admit I did laugh at the basketball thing. Of course none of that was to Letterman’s credit.

Him not showing up? Kinda like Kelly Clarkson dissing American Idol because she’s too big for it, only to have people like Andrea Bocelli on it.

- The Cat

P.S. Spitting? What, a guy acting like a guy? How unmetro of him.

MirCat on April 24, 2007 at 5:49 PM

At least Bush won’t cry “harassment”…I won’t say the same for Reid and Co.

It was pretty funny, actually. That locked door is a classic!

SouthernGent on April 24, 2007 at 7:38 PM

You know, looking at this it hit me: As much as I like most of what our President stands for, he’s… uh… pretty… goofy? Yeah, goofy is a good description. I guess I just never saw it because it was always something the liberals exploited to suit their “He’s an idiot” argument. You know what I mean.

Oh, and uh, the #1 clip should have been the #11. It wasn’t even smirk funny. I had to squint my eyes and hit rewind about 4 times before I even got a hint as to what it might be. He spit. So what?

I’m going to the bathroom to hawk a loogie right now just because I can. And I won’t laugh.

mboprey on April 24, 2007 at 7:47 PM

Good to see Tony……. the rest, heh…

PinkyBigglesworth on April 24, 2007 at 10:09 PM

Scottish terriers are tough. And wriggly.

And, through all of it, Bush did’t bite his lower lip and pout once.

For that, I’d go fishing with him.

profitsbeard on April 24, 2007 at 11:28 PM

He spit. He’s French.

Thaaaaaaaaat’s right, I said it.

Reaps on April 25, 2007 at 12:52 AM

Ouch. I hurt myself laughing. :)

Rick Donaldson on April 25, 2007 at 11:24 AM