Video: Kentucky Fried Hillary, part deux (BUMPED by Seedub–listen to what she says)

posted at 6:46 pm on April 22, 2007 by Ian

Hillary’s southern drawl is back and it’s better than ever! Speaking at the Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network convention, Hillary told an overwhelming black crowd she’s going to “reform our government” and find all the “abuses” that happened during the Bush administration:

“We have to reform our government,” she said. “The abuses that have gone on in the last six years — I don’t think we know the half of it yet. You know, when I walk into the Oval Office in January of 2009, I’m afraid I’m going to lift up the rug and I’m going to see so much stuff under there.”

…”You know, what is it about us always having to clean up after people?” she asked. “But this is not just going to be picking up socks off the floor. This is going to be cleaning up the government.”

Here’s a southern fried clip.

If you’re actually coming back to the White House, it might be best if you brought back all that stuff you stole when you left last time.

Previous: Last time Hillary did this, we mocked her without pity or mercy.

(video source)

(bp)

PARDON THE INTERRUPTION, Ian…but it’s one thing to listen to how she says it. Can you believe what she says?

“When I walk into the Oval office in January 2009 I’m afraid I’m gonna lift up the rug and see so much stuff under there…”

MEMO TO HILLARY: When your name is “Clinton”, and you attack the ethics of the Bush administration…

DO NOT MENTION THE OVAL OFFICE CARPET.

Cripes. No wonder Gore’s thinking about getting in on this action.

(See-dubya)

Update: I forgot the hat tip. And it’s to the boss. I blame Bush.

Comments

You’re grasping on that one. Hardly what could be considered a southern accent. Her cadence was different… that’s about the only change I noticed.

nosliwelyk on April 22, 2007 at 4:51 PM

You’ve heard the way she normally talks, right? This is pander, pure and simple.

Bryan on April 22, 2007 at 5:00 PM

nosliwelyk on April 22, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Are you kidding me? “This is gonna be cleanin’ up the guv’nment.” Um… yeah.

tiekitwist on April 22, 2007 at 5:02 PM

…”You know, what is it about us always having to clean up after people?”

Are you calling that black audience nothing but janitors?

Mazztek on April 22, 2007 at 5:04 PM

No, she’s calling them the n-word. And they will sit there and yuck it up because she’s Hillary!.

Why are people not keen to her pandering? Why don’t they care?

When Rudy and McCain pander, I want to kick them in the teeth, and would if given a chance. Why don’t they slap her across the back of those ginormous thighs?

unamused on April 22, 2007 at 5:12 PM

WOW – How do Blacks let here get away with that?? Very disrespectful! Billary is not very charismatic to say the least!

iam7545 on April 22, 2007 at 5:18 PM

“….. I’m afraid I’m going to lift up the rug and I’m going to see so much stuff under there.”

Note to Hillary: Be sure to get an industrial strength container of 409 solvent to clean up the sticky stuff left by Bill.

pocomoco on April 22, 2007 at 5:18 PM

This from a woman whose husband’s staff practically ruined the WH during their exit?

bbz123 on April 22, 2007 at 5:21 PM

Not much different than ‘happy headed’

Wade on April 22, 2007 at 5:21 PM

Pandering, yes. Phony, absolutely. Liar, with out a doubt.

Zorro on April 22, 2007 at 5:24 PM

“You know, what is it about us always having to clean up after people?”

This is the story of Hillary’s life, cleaning up the messes left by Bill, like Gennifer Flowers and Monica Lewinsky.

slp on April 22, 2007 at 5:25 PM

Hmmm, so that’s where the box of billing records was stashed before they just appeared on the dining room table. Is that the same rug where the White House silver (not to mention china, computers, electrical cords, etc.) got to in January 2001?

One more slip up by Hillary and we’ll know which room it is.

Dusty on April 22, 2007 at 5:34 PM

I don’t think she quite has it down yet. Next time she should also dress like Moms Mabley.

laelaps on April 22, 2007 at 5:40 PM

She sounds more “Texan” than southern.

pullingmyhairout on April 22, 2007 at 5:47 PM

No Blacks in that event can criticize her because she has the paper to give away to the organization. I mean money.

Ouabam on April 22, 2007 at 5:48 PM

would that be the same rug Monica broke in her “presidential kneepads” on?

ctmom on April 22, 2007 at 5:51 PM

At least I got to have the last word on a piece MediaMatters did pointing out Rush’s comparison of the Dems inviting Sharpton to if the Repubs invited David Duke. They archived it now so my comment will be the last one anyone sees…

“Sharpton is a Jew hating, race baiting, hate merchant. And for the democrats to be cozying up to this scumbag is worse than shameful.

greggish / Saturday April 21, 2007 03:04:13 PM EST “

greggish on April 22, 2007 at 5:57 PM

Where did this speech take place?

tomas on April 22, 2007 at 6:13 PM

It’s criminal to force us to tolerate this political slug.

rplat on April 22, 2007 at 6:36 PM

It’s nearly criminal to force us to tolerate this political slug.

rplat on April 22, 2007 at 6:37 PM

It’s nearly criminal to force us to tolerate this political slug.

rplat on April 22, 2007 at 6:37 PM

Have you ever noticed she only sounds like this when speaking to a black audience?

So, it’s “funny and effective” if a white carpetbagger talks like a southern plantation owner to a roomfull of negros?

I see it a Freudian Slip, besides Sharpton, she’s the biggest racist in the room.

PinkyBigglesworth on April 22, 2007 at 6:38 PM

Somebody find me a liberal willing to be honest for a second.

Because I know for a fact this recurring Southerism of Hillary’s has got to be really embarrassing to the honest ones.

Seriously. If that honest liberal exists … I want to know your thoughts on this. C’mon. You know you gotta be cringing.

I mean … y’alls just knows y’all gots to be cringin’, lawdy yessuh …

Any liberal blogs crucifying her for this? I have to believe there are a couple thinking liberals out there who’ll admit how bad this is.

Another difference between conservatives and liberals: if Rudy or McCain or Romney suddenly developed a Latino accent in front of crowd in Miami, we’d rip him to shreds right out in public.

How very lame.

So will a GOP candidate be using these clips in a commercial or what?

Professor Blather on April 22, 2007 at 6:41 PM

If this is in New York it is really bad…It would assume all black people speak or want to be spoken to in this way.

tomas on April 22, 2007 at 6:49 PM

“ahm goin’ lift up that rug”………..”cleanin’ up”……. all the girls at Wellesley speak that way.

Jeff on April 22, 2007 at 6:58 PM

Short memory here…because I’m ‘ole…but didn’t she forget to clean a certain blue dress after billyboy was done….hmmmmmmmmmmmm…thinking…

mrs billy clinton…joke for the ages…

areseaoh on April 22, 2007 at 7:05 PM

Bill Clinton “Honey, you should have run this baa me first. Don’t you see the aarony? Aa and Monica left salaava, blue dress fuuzz, cigaar dust&clippings, and the ‘sticky stuff’ pocomoco referred to, under that carpet. If you reaaally want to win you must consult with me first”.

All decent Blacks and Liberals should be indignant about this ultimate authority on ‘cleaning up’.

Entelechy on April 22, 2007 at 7:15 PM

Yoshillary Sam.

- The Cat

P.S. Any clips of her attempting Arabic or Spanish?

MirCat on April 22, 2007 at 7:42 PM

I know several people from Park Ridge, IL and none of them sound like that. What a creep.

the wolf on April 22, 2007 at 8:38 PM

They Think Know You’re Stupid

LakeRuins on April 22, 2007 at 8:44 PM

They Think Know You’re Stupid

LakeRuins on April 22, 2007 at 8:45 PM

Good grief! Did she not even hear about how people made fun of her for using that fake accent last time???

Professor Blather,

I do have some black friends who are Democrats who did tell me that they were embarrassed by her accent the last time. They did feel insulted. So that made me feel better.

Rightwingsparkle on April 22, 2007 at 8:55 PM

One more thing. Say what you will about Sharpton, he isn’t stupid. I bet he was cringing inside.

Rightwingsparkle on April 22, 2007 at 8:56 PM

Only if she looks where she and S(l)ick Willie shoved their collective garbage.

steveegg on April 22, 2007 at 9:06 PM

It took place in Midtown Manhattan.

You know, last time I could forgive it because Hillary did at one time have a southern drawl. She lived in Arkansas for a long time, and if you listen to her during the 1992 election cycle, she definitely sounded like an Arkansan. It’s easy to slip back if you’re hearing it all around you.

But this was a specifically for a black audience, so that’s bad. (Oprah does the same thing, but at least she’s actually black). That Hillary says, “you know what they say about us..” is just ridiculous. Who’s the “us”?

MayBee on April 22, 2007 at 9:20 PM

Take a gander at the expression on Sharpton’s face in the screencap. Seems like even he can’t stomach her pandering.

unamused on April 22, 2007 at 9:23 PM

I was wondering who would be the first to go with the rug reference. It took a lot longer than I thought. I’m not black, but I’m from the south and I’ve lived more than half my life here. Most people I know, even Dems, find her accent pretty offensive. Evidently she thinks we’re too freaking stupid to realize that she’s putting it on, and it’s that, not the drawl itself, that’s obnoxious.

Laura on April 22, 2007 at 9:30 PM

Maybe she should watch Jeff Foxworthy.
… a cheap woman and a cheatin’ man …

But I guess she would rather be “Black” than “Redneck.”

(Of course there are “Black Rednecks” out there, too, just to confuse the issue.

naliaka on April 22, 2007 at 11:09 PM

bbz123 on April 22, 2007 at 5:21 PM

If she lifts up the rug, perhaps they will find all the “W”s that Bill’s people pried off all the keyboards in the WH, among other remnants.

Mallard T. Drake on April 22, 2007 at 11:26 PM

First she ambiguously implies that Slick Willy is an “evil man”
And of course we all remember KFClinton 1, but now she goes back and makes a comment that leaves us (and the late night shows) the opening for Clinton man juice jokes? Who are her campaign advisers?

RightWinged on April 23, 2007 at 12:00 AM

The carpet in the Oval Office was designed by President Bush’s wife for him. He is proud of it and her and often points that fact out to visitors.

I knows dat becuz all us black folks be janitors, ya’ll jus’ ax Hillary.

The Machine on April 23, 2007 at 12:21 AM

Bill Clinton “Honey, you should have run this baa me first. Don’t you see the aarony? Aa and Monica left salaava, blue dress fuuzz, cigaar dust&clippings, and the ’sticky stuff’ pocomoco referred to, under that carpet. If you reaaally want to win you must consult with me first”.

Entelechy on April 22, 2007 at 7:15 PM

Let me help you. She might find fermented rubbers, which really needs to be cleaned up.

Ouabam on April 23, 2007 at 12:44 AM

Seriously, has anyone ever seen any other politician, on either side of the aisle, who is so obviously, glaringly, undeniably, cringe-inducingly PHONEY? I mean, even if you’re a Dem, with your obligatory reality-denial blinkers over your eyes, how could you not turn beet-red in embarrassment at the utter failure of Miss Hillary’s hilarious attempts to seem sincere? For the life of me, I can’t see the Dems nominating her, as zero-brain-cell stupid as I think they are. As a politician, she’s such a transparent joke, they’d look better by nominating Borat.

I fail to be worried about this sad, pathetic female ever becoming president. There are limits to how far Americans will allow themselves to be dumb-downed.

Halley on April 23, 2007 at 12:55 AM

No, Hillary, I’m sure it’s pretty clean under there now. However, I can only imagine what Bush found under the rug back in January 2001.

Rick on April 23, 2007 at 1:25 AM

“what is it about us always having to clean up after people?”

Gotta love her. Does she really think all the Blacks in the audience were cleaning people? Can’t she see that Blacks have moved away from that long ago?

Very telling of her attitude towards Blacks.

LewWaters on April 23, 2007 at 2:09 AM

unamused on April 22, 2007 at 9:23 PM

Thst’s what I noticed. Frog-face had the most thoughtful look I’ve ever seen on his ugly mug: A combo of incredulity, surprise, annoyance, and…..fear

One word from her, and he Achieves Room Temperature within 24 hours

Janos Hunyadi on April 23, 2007 at 2:42 AM

can someone bump this for Monday morning HotAir readers? I imagine a lot of people missed this, and it’s the freshest of red meat.

RightWinged on April 23, 2007 at 4:08 AM

It will be the Trojan of the month Club card – Used

EricPWJohnson on April 23, 2007 at 5:57 AM

There are limits to how far Americans will allow themselves to be dumb-downed.

Halley on April 23, 2007 at 12:55 AM

Not so sure about that. She’s been elected twice now. You’d have thought once would have been enough.

BacaDog on April 23, 2007 at 7:24 AM

When is she going to start saying “Birfday’?

Hening on April 23, 2007 at 10:09 AM

The woman is unspeakably vulgar and remarkably shame-proof.

morganfrost on April 23, 2007 at 10:51 AM

Let’s just hope she gets nominated. Knowing that over 50% of Americans polled would NEVER vote for her, and when the pace picks up after the conventions she’s sure to get sloppier even than this.

Go Fred! Go.

Freelancer on April 23, 2007 at 12:10 PM

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, in the United States, liberal black men and black women will be able to join hands with conservative white men and white women as sisters and brothers and openly discuss matters of race and culture without some race-baiting jackass ruining everything.

And if America is to be a great nation this must become true.

saint kansas on April 23, 2007 at 12:25 PM

saint kansas, you said ‘liberal’ and ‘without race-baiting’ in the same sentence. Your dream was induced by recreational medication; wasn’t it?

- The Cat

MirCat on April 23, 2007 at 12:40 PM

Didn’t they help themselves to that rug for their new digs or was that the pool table?

naliaka on April 23, 2007 at 12:43 PM

omg.

I used to have a real southern accent, when I lived in Kentucky as a kid. Thank GOD I outgrew that nonsense.

Rick Donaldson on April 23, 2007 at 1:48 PM

When is she going to start referring to “credic reports”?

With apologies to my “friends of color”, where do they find black people stupid enough to listen to this pandering crap and not get insulted?

I guess the fact that Sharpton is in the picture answers that question…

Jaibones on April 23, 2007 at 1:49 PM

isn’t mimicking black folks raaacist ?

maybe she’ll apologize to Imus…

Claire on April 23, 2007 at 3:00 PM

(Sharpton thinking as Clinton Speaks)

We sure have this ‘Honky’ woman right where we want her.
We say JUMP, and she asks us, HOW HIGH AND HOW FAR.

pocomoco on April 23, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Excuse me? A true southern accent is quite lovely.

Rightwingsparkle on April 23, 2007 at 5:06 PM

I don’t believe that she was going for just a southern drawl. I believe she was trying to sound like she was from the hood for this audience. And they bought it! Stupid…stupid…stupid!

lynnv on April 24, 2007 at 7:28 AM

By saying to black people that there needs a “house cleaning” is she saying black people are maids and house slaves?

Tim Burton on April 24, 2007 at 8:40 PM

Excuse me? A true southern accent is quite lovely.

Rightwingsparkle on April 23, 2007 at 5:06 PM

I agree, there is nothing ignorant or wrong with a Southern Accent. I swear the South is the last place in the world that it is acceptable to make fun of a race (whites).

Tim Burton on April 24, 2007 at 8:42 PM

I have a lady business correspondent transplanted to Chicago from the south, and she has the most lovely lilt to her voice. When she’s really busy and has no time for me I call her up and tell her “just talk to me, Karen…I don’t care what you say.”

Always gets a good laugh.

Jaibones on April 24, 2007 at 11:40 PM