Video: Chimpy McBushitler’s torture robot

posted at 6:00 pm on April 22, 2007 by Ian

Reader Tasty Beverage sent in this review, saying all that needs to be said about this Robert Smigel cartoon that aired on Saturday Night Live:

You guys need to get a hold of a TiVo of the Robert Smigel animated short from the April 21 episode of Saturday Night Live. Bush and Cheney have a robot at Gitmo that electrifies the genitals and urinates on the poor, innocent inmates, and also flushes korans down the toilet in front of those same poor, innocent inmates, because see, the Geneva conventions only apply to human soldiers, not robots, so this is how the evil Chimpy McBushitler and his sidekick Cheney can get away with this behavior at Gitmo, which of course is actually happening in real life.

Al Qaeda would be proud. This cartoon looks like something right out of the Manchester manual.

Who wants to bet the liberal blogs are ecstatic over this?

(bp)

Comments

I will never watch that show again, no more attention to the traitors in our midst.

bbz123 on April 22, 2007 at 6:15 PM

Pffittt.

Carvin Guitar Man on April 22, 2007 at 6:21 PM

That works on so many levels.

It’s pretty sad that that Iranian cartoon (where the peanut-men are trying to build a nuclear power plant to power their giant lightbulb) is more sophisticated. I’m sure Ahmadinejad will put this in heavy rotation on Iranian TV.

On the plus side, I bought myself a pen tablet and Toon Boom Studio so I’d be ready for 2008.

saint kansas on April 22, 2007 at 6:22 PM

bbz123 on April 22, 2007 at 6:15 PM

Me neither. But not cause of it’s politics. Cuz it sucks. I like my liberal propaganda to at least be funny, dammit. Call me in a decade when they go through another funny period. It hasn’t been this lame in a long time. I can’t believe I find myself wishing for Norm McDonald.

Professor Blather on April 22, 2007 at 6:34 PM

Based on that…

If robots do not violate the Geneva Convention, why don’t we send in some of these to Gitmo…

Hey, It will get correct 2 problems at once.

No one is being “detained” at Gitmo any longer.

Liberals can not complain because the US did not kill them some robot did.

Frankly that sounds like a win/win in my book.

Oh wait their is a flaw in my plan that SNL did not mention, nevermind.

F15Mech on April 22, 2007 at 6:37 PM

Was that a cartoon or a Michael Moore documentary? It’s hard to tell the difference.

stonemeister on April 22, 2007 at 6:40 PM

Maybe I saw this video in a completely different light than you guys. It looked like, to me, they were mocking the assertions that America takes part in torture.

I could be wrong about the true intention, but it really felt like they were making fun of your average kos-kid.

DeathtotheSwiss on April 22, 2007 at 6:41 PM

Geneva Conventions also only apply to legal soldiers, which the occupants of Club Gitmo are not.

Also, also the urination on the Koran was a blatant lie from said occupants of Club Gitmo. And if anyone can flush a large-ish book down a toilet, it would have been on YouTube ages ago.

Neo on April 22, 2007 at 6:46 PM

I say we send in these guys to kill the terrorists and fight global whatever…………..

PinkyBigglesworth on April 22, 2007 at 6:57 PM

How do you flush a book down the toilet anyway?

btw, this is good:

Darth Executor on April 22, 2007 at 7:04 PM

How do you flush a book down the toilet anyway?

Darth Executor on April 22, 2007 at 7:04 PM

Libs only read comic books.

- The Cat

P.S. Anyword on the roits and fatwas against SNL. I mean they depicted koran flushings.

P.P.S. They missed making it a fem bot. I mean being torchered by a female is super humiliating to them.

P.P.P.S. I’ll never trust a religion that doesn’t like women. (next line self cencored)

MirCat on April 22, 2007 at 7:56 PM

It never ceases to amaze me that Gitmo bothers libs more than the jihadis. More than 12 year olds hacking off heads. More than terrorists blowing up innocent people at markets. More than terrorits blowing up our soliders, whoa re our brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, neighbors, and friends. I can’t even be friends with liberals anymore. I have no respoect for their intellectual dishonesty and the depth of their cowardice.

JustTruth101 on April 22, 2007 at 9:35 PM

Smigel is an arrogant ass who, absent this administration, would be totally lost for anything that the left would find humorous.

drjohn on April 22, 2007 at 9:39 PM

The accusation about a Qur’an being flushed down a toilet being false is not respected by liberals.

But notice that Smigel has all kids of balls when insulting Bush and Cheney but none to dare offend Muslims and actually show the Qur’an in the toilet.

It’s pretty gutsy to insult only those you know will not respond.

drjohn on April 22, 2007 at 9:43 PM

If only….

Robots to fight Musbots.

Sounds about equal.

A pity the cartoonist wasn’t breakfasting at the Windows on the World restaurant one beautiful autumn morning, say September, 11, 2001, around 8:44 a.m.

Then we wouldn’t have to see these suicidally-stupid drivel fests.

*~@):~{>

profitsbeard on April 22, 2007 at 10:33 PM

That works on so many levels.

saint kansas on April 22, 2007 at 6:22 PM

That’s the spirit. Hit these clowns with their own medicine– ridicule. It’s the only language they speak.

Bill C on April 22, 2007 at 10:38 PM

The animation was quite good. Although I can’t imagine Hanna Barbara would approve. The Rabbi bit got a smile from me, but the rest was… rather disturbing, actually.

The audience didn’t seem to find it all that funny either..

Reaps on April 22, 2007 at 10:39 PM

I

bbz123 on April 22, 2007 at 6:15 PM

Me neither. But not cause of it’s politics. Cuz it sucks.
Professor Blather

Ditto and Ditto and the last time I watched SNL was just as the whole cast was changing. It has become the worse anti-american, Lefty production over the years.

auspatriotman on April 22, 2007 at 11:14 PM

DeathtotheSwiss on April 22, 2007 at 6:41 PM

I can tell you for a fact that’s not the intent of this cartoon. As nice as it would be to think the producers of this cartoon were making the clever satirical point, it isn’t.

I’ve worked in the entertainment industry and can confirm that 99% of everyone working as an “entertainer” is your average KosKid.

ScottMcC on April 23, 2007 at 12:21 AM

So like did Lauren Michaels actually pay for this bilge? Ha! Now thats funny he’s gettin ripped off. Ha Ha. Purely political couldn’t even consider it satire.

sonnyspats1 on April 23, 2007 at 4:01 AM

Its hard to imagine that SNL was, at one time, funny.

Sinner on April 23, 2007 at 9:52 AM

That’s why, at the beginning of every Smigel cartoon, Michaels is seen yelling “Come back here with my shew.”

drjohn on April 23, 2007 at 10:54 AM

Does this robot steal prescription drugs for fuel?

James on April 23, 2007 at 1:32 PM

Aww you guys are overreacting. All the robot does is tear Cheney’s heart out of his chest. It happens in cartoons all the time.

boru on April 23, 2007 at 5:23 PM