Video: “Fight for Me”

posted at 1:54 pm on April 20, 2007 by Allahpundit

From the band Citizen Reign. The sentiment is welcome but I confess I’m not a fan of power ballads, which too often lapse into cheesiness. The trick in writing a salute to the troops, I think, is to embrace the extremes: either go the Beccy Cole route or go the full Stuck Mojo. Walk the middle ground and you’re apt to step in a puddle of schmaltz.

They’ve got their heads screwed on straight, though. No mean feat given what they do for a living.

Comments

Hey y’all. I hope this is not off topic here. I live in Nevada so I sent Senator Reid a little note.

Mr. Reid, Your saying that the war is lost shows that you put politics above the lives of troops in the field. At least Benedict Arnold was a war hero before he became a traitor. You are a traitor at heart and you never even wore the uniform. You are doing to our troops today exactly what Tokyo Rose did to our troops during WWII. Like her, you say that the war is lost and there is no point in going further. She was wrong, as are you in this case, and we went on to defeat fascism and imperialism at a cost of hundreds of thousands of U.S. lives. She worked for the enemy Japan, you work for me and I find your words appalling. Instead of treating the global war against radical Islam as a political game you need to treat it for the deadly reality that it is. Either support your country’s troops or resign from the Senate. Iraq is just one front in a vast global war and if you cannot grasp the reality of the situation then step aside so that those who do may lead.

Thanks to the troops, they “get it.” Nice song too.

Mojave Mark on April 20, 2007 at 2:00 PM

I was ok until the picture of the soldier holding the dying iraqi child in a blanket close to his face. I cry at that one every time.

I don’t know why the pictures of soldiers in grief gets me when almost nothing else does.

Great video.

unamused on April 20, 2007 at 2:10 PM

AP… nice tribute to our armed forces.

Mark… nice smack-down of Reid. I hope he gets many more of these letters.

Wake up citizens of Nevada.

CliffHanger on April 20, 2007 at 2:14 PM

unamused on April 20, 2007 at 2:10 PM

Me either, but it still gets me too. I imagine it affects those who have feelings.

Great song, great video.

rightside on April 20, 2007 at 2:22 PM

I like the tune!

Dittos on the Smack Down Mark!

More of this needs to be seen.

Kini on April 20, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Anyone up for a parody of the whole support-our-troops-by-singing-cheesy-cliche-ridden-power-ballads genre should check out this video.

It’s a little bit offensive, but a whole lot hilarious.

JaHerer22 on April 20, 2007 at 2:24 PM

Sometimes you can just go around the schmaltz. It’s well done and well produced, I like it. Arlington struck a nerve.
No, it’s not Mojo, but everybody can have a slower day than others.

CBarker on April 20, 2007 at 2:31 PM

I like this group and video A LOT! In this business, it takes balls to say these things they say so well.

While I’m here, just for Allah, a ‘power Ballad’

james hooker on April 20, 2007 at 2:37 PM

JaHerer22, that’s milk through your nose funny!!!!!

CBarker on April 20, 2007 at 2:39 PM

Yeah, this one steers way clear of the cheese if you ask me.
Read the lyrics. The song and video both are accurate, moving, and honorable in my opinion.

unamused on April 20, 2007 at 3:26 PM

While I’m here, just for Allah, a ‘power Ballad’

james hooker on April 20, 2007 at 2:37 PM

Dangit james!!

That one was waaaaay sappy, but it got me too. I had to stop watching. One good cry is enough for a Friday.

unamused on April 20, 2007 at 3:28 PM

I am a big fan of the power ballad and I think this is great. I like them a lot too. Wonder if they’ll ever be played on anything besides Hot Air & You Tube? James is right it does take a lot of balls to say what they said instead of that crap by those “friends in the music industry & hollywood” say.

Catie96706 on April 20, 2007 at 3:32 PM

I REALLY like it!
Since I’m on the ‘autistic spectrum’ I don’t cry much.
I get the chills.
I was chilled all over with this one.
Great Job.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 20, 2007 at 4:25 PM

Geez Alla, you are one tough critic. I thought it was pretty damn good. Our soldiers bring what that area needs the most:SANITY!

auspatriotman on April 20, 2007 at 4:38 PM

Thanks guys.

james hooker on April 20, 2007 at 5:17 PM

That was good, thanks Allah. And that Beccy Cole piece is solid gold.

James, the video is no longer there…

Zorro on April 20, 2007 at 8:17 PM

Mojave Mark on April 20, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Fantastic. The Reaper needed a verbal spanking. If only he’ll get the meaning.

Entelechy on April 21, 2007 at 12:06 AM

Jed Babbin in Human Events rips Traitor Harry a new one.

georgej on April 21, 2007 at 2:20 AM

I just have to keep posting these…..

As you watch, if you choose, I think a message to the Vegas Board of “Come Spend All Your Money Stupid Tourist Board” might be replaced by, “Until Hennry Reid is Recalled, Your City Can Dry Up In the Desert and you can all Fu”k Yourselves for electing a Traitor”, sounds like a better slogan than the last………..

For..”SAM“..

“Faces of the Fallen….”

“We will meet again…”

God Bless America…”

Harry Reid and the Democrat Party, you can go straight to Hell..

You voted to send our military to win, then for politcal reasons, you changed your minds……….

Let this put you to sleep tonight, “Last Goodbye..”

The United States have been attacked since 1978, we finally engaged the enemy in 2003 after the 9/11 attacks, we identified them, tracked them, started to kill them, and you Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Ted Kennedy, et al, for political purpose, pulled the rug out of the United States Of America…………….. Sleep well knowing this will NEVER be forgotten…….

“I am an American Soldier..”

“Jihad This”

PinkyBigglesworth on April 21, 2007 at 3:02 AM

Harry and Richard… Coincidence?

The Monster on April 21, 2007 at 1:21 PM

Awesome, awesome video! Well done Citizen Reign!

More! More!