15:01: Sanjaya to attend White House Correspondents Dinner

posted at 6:03 pm on April 20, 2007 by Allahpundit

I guess they wanted to make sure Rich Little’s not the only underwhelming act in the room.

Actually, given all the abuse Little has taken lately from the nutroots for being a “safe,” apolitical alternative to Colbert’s bomb-throwing last year, I’ve got a theory that he’s going to cross everyone up and come out swinging at Bush. Why wouldn’t he? He’s been off the map for years. If he unloads on the Chimperor, he’ll be an instant left-wing hearthrob. It’s not like he doesn’t have it in him.

We’ll see Saturday night. In the meantime, here’s a little late Friday afternoon video for you. The second clip is the highlight, but you won’t get the joke unless you watch a good 60 to 90 seconds of the first.

Just think, someday that poor girl’s going to look back and realize she reacted to Sanjaya the way girls of the early ’60s reacted to the Beatles.

And she’ll hate herself for it.

Comments

I have no idea what you are even talking about.

/so glad I don’t watch TV

(it is on TV, right?)

Bob's Kid on April 20, 2007 at 6:09 PM

Who is she?

Ropera on April 20, 2007 at 6:11 PM

The perfect duo to team up – she to ride on his coat tails…go figure how low she’s sunk.

Entelechy on April 20, 2007 at 6:12 PM

WTF? who cares?

shooter on April 20, 2007 at 6:12 PM

…and how nutty girls in the former Eastern bloc reacted to Michael Jackson – they fainted during his recitals…I’d say “this guy can dance, and that’s about all” and they’d reply “he is the greatest, he’s our hero, bla, bla, bla”

Entelechy on April 20, 2007 at 6:14 PM

why cant we get some real news about all the real hate crimes?
All the Christians being murdered around the world!!!

shooter on April 20, 2007 at 6:15 PM

why cant we get some real news about all the real hate crimes?
All the Christians being murdered around the world!!!

Looks like you’ve already got it. Why do you need me to give it to you again?

I don’t like when people tell me what I should and shouldn’t be writing about. If you don’t like this post, don’t read it. Simple as that.

Allahpundit on April 20, 2007 at 6:18 PM

One of those days…ideas flowing after Logout.

Little to impersonate, and not insult, the President.

I believe Little is conservative and always was. Someone sumitted a list on this blog, with conservative actors and ‘stars’, and I recall his name on it. He’s one of my favorite Canadians.

I’ve seen him in Vegas once, and in San Diego, right after the 2004 election. Stitches for 2 hours straight. He didn’t spare the Left, nor the Right, but I think Kerry felt it the hardest. Losers always do. It’s just life.

Entelechy on April 20, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Akroyd makes a showing, the man who has been married to Donna Dixon for 24 years. Pretty amazing.

bbz123 on April 20, 2007 at 6:26 PM

You need an AP bot for times like this.

spmat on April 20, 2007 at 6:28 PM

It makes me want to cry, too.

AtomicAmish on April 20, 2007 at 6:30 PM

How many times did AP vote for Sanjaya? That’s the question on everyone’s mind.

lorien1973 on April 20, 2007 at 6:32 PM

How many times did AP vote for Sanjaya? That’s the question on everyone’s mind.

lorien1973 on April 20, 2007 at 6:32 PM

Well, this doesn’t prove anything one way or another, but, the week that AP is extremely busy with his excellent coverage of the VT massacre (I swear the HA staff couldn’t have gotten more than a combined total of 4 hours of sleep during those three days) is the week that Sanjaya gets kicked off.

AP and his speed dial could quite possibly have been keeping poor Sanjaya in the running.

JadeNYU on April 20, 2007 at 6:44 PM

Fans in High Places?
American Popularity Idol, what a joke

Kini on April 20, 2007 at 6:46 PM

That shot of Ackroyd is priceless.

Sanjaya’s eyebrows are just. plain. creepy.

infidel4life on April 20, 2007 at 6:56 PM

why cant we get some real news about all the real hate crimes?
All the Christians being murdered around the world!!!

And I was about to criticize AP for not posting enough about Sanjaya. He’s a major news story, but AP has barely posted about him at all even though he’s found time for numerous Iraq War posts that none of us care about.

frankj on April 20, 2007 at 6:57 PM

Allahpundit on April 20, 2007 at 6:18 PM

I don’t like when you tell people that you don’t like when they tell you…I just lost my train of thought.

I’ll be back.

John from WuzzaDem on April 20, 2007 at 7:11 PM

Its just a glorified excuse to invite Sanjaya’s very bouncy sister…

Bad Candy on April 20, 2007 at 7:22 PM

Anyone else think of Keith Olbermann when you see this kids eyebrows?

Bad Candy on April 20, 2007 at 7:24 PM

I kind of feel sorry for the kid…sure he sucks but these preteen girls kept voting and keeping him in and now he is a national joke.

EnochCain on April 20, 2007 at 7:32 PM

Ha! I can whine about it without even reading it!

FASCIST!

Pablo on April 20, 2007 at 7:37 PM

I wonder what he did with the money… you know, the money his mother gave him for singing lessons…

Zorro on April 20, 2007 at 8:00 PM

I have never heard of this Sanjaya before, but she seems to have a pretty face.

JayHaw Phrenzie on April 20, 2007 at 8:04 PM

I have never heard of this Sanjaya before, but she seems to have a pretty face.

JayHaw Phrenzie on April 20, 2007 at 8:04 PM

You should see her sister…

Bad Candy on April 20, 2007 at 8:05 PM

I think he’s a nice kid. I too feel sorry for him being a national joke. Maybe he can just laugh with everyone else. Hopefully.

wytammic on April 20, 2007 at 8:16 PM

Who the hell is this geek?

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on April 20, 2007 at 8:27 PM

An advantage to spending weeks on end on a platform in the Gulf of Mexico; first I didn’t know who Sanjaya was and second, I thought it was a picture of a girl.

DAT60A3 on April 20, 2007 at 9:23 PM

Chimperor

Love it.

Valiant on April 20, 2007 at 10:55 PM

why cant we get some real news about all the real hate crimes?
All the Christians being murdered around the world!!!

shooter on April 20, 2007 at 6:15 PM

A person doesn’t come to HotAir just for the hard news. You have to have some comedy in with the drama.

- The Cat

MirCat on April 20, 2007 at 11:28 PM

Holy crap. I didn’t realize he was that bad. Oh, and can the contestants stop throwing up their fingers to show people what number to call? No wonder I stopped watching that damn show. It’s not any fun after they find the “good” people anyways.

Seixon on April 22, 2007 at 2:54 PM