Greasy Joe: Republicans to blame for VTech massacre

posted at 11:15 am on April 20, 2007 by Allahpundit

Really just a variation on Michael Moore’s theme in “Bowling for Columbine”: all bad things are connected, man, even if we can’t explain how, and they’re all being caused by the people or entity you hate most. In Biden’s case it’s Republicans, in Moore’s case it’s America. In most other parts of the world it’s “Zionists.”

I don’t know what’s more delicious: the gratuitous Chavez apology, the moronic Obama-esque moral equivalence between what Imus said and mass murder, or the fact that he’s ranting about polarization at an event hosted by Al Sharpton.

Speaking at Al Sharpton’s National Action Network event in New York, Biden said President Bush, Newt Gingrich and Karl Rove are responsible for what he called “the politics of polarization.”

Biden said Republicans have created an environment that brings bad things to the United States.

“I would argue, since 1994 with the Gingrich revolution, just take a look at Iraq, Venezuela, Katrina, what’s gone down at Virginia Tech, Darfur, Imus. Take a look. This didn’t happen accidentally, all these things,” he said.

If only the Gingrich revolution were over and Democrats controlled Congress, things like Virginia Tech wouldn’t happen.

Exit question: Seriously, what’s his damage?

biden-silly2.jpg

Update:even more embarrassing.

Comments

And so it begins.

So much for the day of mourning.

Slublog on April 20, 2007 at 11:16 AM

Swine.

Enrique on April 20, 2007 at 11:18 AM

When you have nothing to contribute…you blame someone else, eh Joe. Methinks the Lady doth protest too much.

tickleddragon on April 20, 2007 at 11:18 AM

“If we do the work that we can do in this country, the work that we will do when John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk, get up out of that wheelchair and walk again.”–John Edwards

And Carl Jung nods his head solemnly…..

HerrMorgenholz on April 20, 2007 at 11:23 AM

Isn’t this hate speech?

Speakup on April 20, 2007 at 11:23 AM

In-f*king-credible that he can say that with a straight face. He then proceeds to roll in the mud of the politics of polarization by blaming every bad thing in this country on the President and the Republicans.

What the hell are all these candidates doing at Sharpton’s event anyway. Talk about a polarizing figure. I would hate to be a white, Republican Jew in that room……..

Mallard T. Drake on April 20, 2007 at 11:26 AM

If you look up “smug, arrogant @sshole” in the dictionary, there is a photo of Joe “the plagerizer” Biden.

Mallard T. Drake on April 20, 2007 at 11:29 AM

*sigh*

Why is it that Democrat complaints about polarization are always accompanied by vicious ad hominem attacks against Republicans? Complain about polarization, immolate and excoriate your political opponents… one or the other, please.

spmat on April 20, 2007 at 11:29 AM

They are making Rush Limbaugh look like a prophet. The day after VA Tech he gave a list of Democrat/Leftie talking points and they ar3e hitting everyone of them, it as if they want Limbaugh to be the political Nostradamus.

Theworldisnotenough on April 20, 2007 at 11:31 AM

Hmmm.. something strange..

Viper1 on April 20, 2007 at 11:32 AM

Stuff like this makes me realize that I may not be much of a Republican … but I suspect I’m now a lifelong anti-Democrat.

Their party has lost its soul, if it ever had one.

And out of curiosity, how is it even logically possible for just one side to be responsible for polarization?

Nevermind. I used the “l” word. My bad. Logic like this is why I abandoned that party.

Professor Blather on April 20, 2007 at 11:35 AM

Screw you Biden. Its Cho’s fault and his alone.

What did he run out of Indians and Clean Articulate Black People (TM) to talk about?

Bad Candy on April 20, 2007 at 11:35 AM

Good grief, every time I start to think Biden may be the closest thing the Dem candidates have to a voice of reason, he goes and spouts idiocy like this. Who does he think was in the White House from 1994-2000? A Republican?

Dudley Smith on April 20, 2007 at 11:36 AM

It amazes me, continually, that democrats actually get votes. Their voters must be morons.

lorien1973 on April 20, 2007 at 11:37 AM

Between Biden, Ried and Pelosi, I’m just speechless. Like the prophet Zacharias who did not believe the Angel of the Lord when he said his wife would bear a child, I am quite literally opening my mouth to speak but no words are coming out.

Somebody help me!!

CliffHanger on April 20, 2007 at 11:40 AM

I wonder who said that first?

Jaibones on April 20, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Had to get Katrina in there. Now it’s Gingrich’s fault.

vcferlita on April 20, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Brutus and Cassius would be proud of Joe.

Limerick on April 20, 2007 at 11:42 AM

C’mon America. See the dems for what they really are. A critical mass of the most devisive and utterly clueless demagogues bent on the literal destruction of this Country.

It’s time for a collective outcry and demand from the People, “Enough!”

techno_barbarian on April 20, 2007 at 11:46 AM

I’m sure I’m not the only one to see the irony of this post being above the one about Professor Librescu. Hero versus idiot.

Retread on April 20, 2007 at 11:50 AM

Again, this is why I have stopped voting for Democrats and have to make do with protest-voting for squirrels like Nader.

I mean, he throws Imus in there? Is Biden a complete moron? What, there were no insensitive comments being made by media personalities before the Gingrich revolution? There was no racism in America? Alllllrighty then. Lyndon B. Johnson will be glad to know.

Seixon on April 20, 2007 at 11:51 AM

Would anyone really run through the nation’s hardships in the 40 years prior to 1994? This is an absolute joke, and I can’t imagine one intelligent person (even my friends on the left) reading these comments and thinking, “Hmmmm, that makes sense.”

The Sandbox on April 20, 2007 at 11:55 AM

Translation: If they weren’t in power, we wouldn’t have to hate them so much.

Hey, we let the mentally handicapped serve in Congress and run for President, don’t we, Joe?

Pablo on April 20, 2007 at 11:55 AM

Smilin’ Joe Biden. One look at the guy, and you know that you better keep an eye on him and never turn your back. It’s a palpable feeling.

Matticus Finch on April 20, 2007 at 11:56 AM

I mean, he throws Imus in there? Is Biden a complete moron?

Yes. How many times has he been a favored guest on Imus’ show? Lots.

Pablo on April 20, 2007 at 11:57 AM

The only thing all those events have in common is that they are mentioned in Biden’s amazingly idiotic statement.

This is the dumbest remark I’ve heard in, well, at least two or three days…

forest on April 20, 2007 at 11:58 AM

This, the picture, above, and other odd behaviour on the part of this guy are grounds for allerting someone that he might be unstable.

Entelechy on April 20, 2007 at 12:04 PM

If I could afford to travel more I’d like to see such exotic locations as Iraq, Katrina, and Imus.

Biden’s on the same intellectual plane as Rosie: these things didn’t happen by accident (Bush did them), I don’t know who’s responsible (Bush is). I’m just sayin’ …

saint kansas on April 20, 2007 at 12:04 PM

Well, if Biden wants to play that game, I’m in.

Let’s start with Waco, which begat Oklahoma City, which begat Columbine and so on and so on……

moonsbreath on April 20, 2007 at 12:08 PM

I am so fed up with the likes of Reid and Biden, that I caved yesterday and sent a check to the RNC. That is the only way I know of countering these idiots.

bopbottle on April 20, 2007 at 12:17 PM

he’s now Senator Gomer Pyle to me

Defector01 on April 20, 2007 at 12:25 PM

Dudley Smith on April 20, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Seriously? I’ve never even been able to imagine Biden as a voice of reason — even in the democrat sense.

wytammic on April 20, 2007 at 12:25 PM

Proving once again, Liberal/Democrats will never empty their pool of Buffoons.

franksalterego on April 20, 2007 at 12:31 PM

He seems to be auditioning for the “Liberal Lion” title once Ted Kennedy decides to leave the stage.

Bradky on April 20, 2007 at 12:34 PM

Not a very clean thing to say.

profitsbeard on April 20, 2007 at 12:37 PM

The Sandbox on April 20, 2007 at 11:55 AM

Try running these comments by your friends on the left and I bet you’ll be in for quite a surprise. Lefties are what they are because they cannot think rationally for themselves. That’s why they like loud, obnoxious mouthpieces like Rosie, Sharpton, Biden and on and on.

LonelyMassRepublican on April 20, 2007 at 12:49 PM

This is a great illustration of how Democrats have embraced, in spirit, Orwellian Newspeak. “Polarization” has been stripped of any original meaning and has simply been re-tasked to serve as shorthand for “Failure to embrace modern socialist policies.”

Blacklake on April 20, 2007 at 12:53 PM

Let me understand…

Not only do the Republicans cause all the problems in the world, which visa vie translates to America deserves and is responsible for everything bad that occurs in the world, but the Republicans also are responsible for importing unspeakable ills to the homeland?

Wow, who knew that we should have elected Democrats to every office and then surely we would be safe. Just ask Senator Surreneder Reid!

Oxybeles on April 20, 2007 at 12:54 PM

Biden is an idiot. We all heard what this Cho bastard said. He was a liberal.

Just like Joe.

Dave R. on April 20, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Is this guy still around?????!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Mellen on April 20, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Dudley Smith on April 20, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Reason, logic, facts, reality – those terms are foreign to most Dems.

Rick on April 20, 2007 at 1:02 PM

Biden is a dumb-ass par excellence. The dolt needs to crawl back under the rock from which he emerged before he screws up anything else.

rplat on April 20, 2007 at 1:24 PM

I wonder who said that first?

Jaibones on April 20, 2007 at 11:41 AM

I think it was Neil Kinnock….

ScottG on April 20, 2007 at 1:28 PM

Theres a sign up ahead..

“Entering the Twilight Zone”

Viper1 on April 20, 2007 at 1:49 PM

ScottG, you beat me to it.

mymanpotsandpans on April 20, 2007 at 1:52 PM

It’s OK, Democrats are inherently racist. Why they continually get away with it confounds me. This from the Senator from Delaware.
Blame it on Republicans or Conservatives.
Perhaps, SloJoe should start eating more pork.

Kini on April 20, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Perhaps, SloJoe should start eating more pork.

Kini on April 20, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Kini, you need to head over to the “Hateful Ham” thread - lot’s of pig talk over there.

Rick on April 20, 2007 at 2:39 PM

wait… I’m confused. I thought it was Ralph Nader’s fault. The Libs make my head hurt. Is it Happy Hour yet?

lan astaslem on April 20, 2007 at 3:58 PM

. . . just take a look at Iraq, Venezuela, Katrina, what’s gone down at Virginia Tech, Darfur, Imus.

Ok, Joe. Let’s look at these.

Iraq: 80%+ of the US favored overthrowing Saddam when we went in. Congress, including most Dems, voted to allow Bush to use force. Republicans, for the most part, haven’t politicized and polarized the war. That was MoveOn and the Dems.

Venezuela: Chavez was an insane moron in the 90′s when Clinton was President. It wasn’t Clinton’s fault that Chavez is an anti-American socialist with oil who funds narco-terrorists. It’s also not Bush’s fault. But if you gotta blame America . . . .

Hurricane Katrina: I didn’t know that Bush ccaused natural disasters. Maybe you’re talking about the response by FEMA. It’s strange how well everything went in Florida and Alabama where there are a lot of poor Black Americans and two Republican governors. Maybe Nagin should have read and enacted his own disaster preparedness plan. Or maybe Congressman Jefferson (D-LA) shouldn’t have used federal resources to salvage his bribe money stored in his freezer.

Va Tech: Nobody in their right mind will blame anybody but Cho, who, by the way, put out a remarkable manifesto that sounds an awful lot like the DNC agenda.

Darfur: I don’t see any Democrats or Republicans leading on this issue. Hey Joe, if Darfur is so important, why don’t you sponsor a bill that would require the US military to bypass the UN and unilaterally go into this sovereign country?

Imus: Was a cranky old liberal who had been getting away with garbage like that for years, precisely because he was liberal. Conservatives have to be careful of what they say because it is always assumed to be implicitly racist. Obvious racism from liberals is excused.

For goodness sake Joe, weren’t you the one who said al Indians in Delaware worked at 7-11?

cmay on April 20, 2007 at 5:47 PM

I believe Slow Joe is laughed at and held in contempt on a regular basis by everyone in Washington who has any sense at all. His presidential campaign is an exercise in comedic performance art that will probably end before the primaries even begin.

WasatchMan on April 20, 2007 at 7:14 PM

Dolt comes to mind when it comes to Joe! Not only can he not get out of his own way, he just seems to get in everyone’s way. POS!

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on April 20, 2007 at 8:26 PM

Rule Number One: When ever you hear a Democrat squealing like a stuck pig, accusing the Repulicans of doing wrong, you can bet the farm that the Democrats are the one’s engaging that exact behavior.

PinkyBigglesworth on April 20, 2007 at 9:45 PM

bopbottle on April 20, 2007 at 12:17 PM

During the ’04 election, some family members and I made a deal that anytime we heard a celebrity bash Bush, (and I was not committed to voting for him yet – and at that point in time had never voted Republican in my life,) we would pledge $10 to the RNC. It got so prevalent that we were getting pretty low on cash, so we made it $5 – still – needless to say I gave a lot of $$ that year AND I voted for Bush. Then the hippie in front of me in the voting line was going off on Pres. Bush and I just checked any/every Republican candidate. And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the first time I ever voted for a Republican in all of my voting life, (since 1984). I also gave $40 to the Reagan Ranch that year as an “amends” for not voting for Reagan when I should have.

foxforce91 on April 20, 2007 at 11:36 PM

foxforce91, that’s a great story.

Unrelated, I saw the Biden (thread) picture several times today and just now realized the Pinocchio nose. How fitting.

Entelechy on April 21, 2007 at 12:23 AM

Katrina,Darfur,Imus I can see the relationship. How does Greasy Joe rationalize V-Tech within that list. I guess he’s just giving Sharptons contingency their hate fix for the price of addmission!

sonnyspats1 on April 21, 2007 at 2:47 AM

His brain cancer is back again, isn’t it?

georgej on April 21, 2007 at 2:50 AM