Video: Tammy Bruce exposes far-left outlets’ hit list on everyone to their right

posted at 8:11 pm on April 17, 2007 by Ian

If you’re a center-left, centrist, center-right or conservative and you’ve uttered an opinion in public, chances are far far left loss leaders Media Matters and Air America have a dossier on you. Radio talk show host and friend of Hot Air Tammy Bruce appeared on last night’s “O’Reilly Factor” to talk about far-left outlets (*cough* Media Matters *cough*) who have a hit list on conservatives and moderate/not-so-far to the left Democrats. Tammy explained the elaborate ruse these far-left individuals use to get national news outlets to get their message out. How does Tammy know? She used to do it herself when she was president of the Los Angeles NOW chapter.

Relevance: Media Matters had a staffer whose job was to record Don Imus and listen for gaffes. He found one, alerted the media, and the rest is history. For icing on the cake, the Soros-funded group tried to convince everyone that Imus is a conservative. Imus is to Media Matters’ political right, but then again so is the entire country.

(bp)

Comments

Thanks for posting this Ian. I watched this last night. Simply amazing—like Big Brother stuff, or worse.

O’Reilly said something about he and Hannity doing a special report on this very thing. Didn’t catch it all but I am anxious to find out more.

IrishEi on April 17, 2007 at 8:19 PM

Tammy is such a cold shot to the nut roots lefties.

Mojave Mark on April 17, 2007 at 8:21 PM

OReilly just moved to the front of the line!

The Ritz on April 17, 2007 at 8:23 PM

Discover The Networks posts dossiers on liberal groups and individuals. Is there a substantive difference between the DTN dossiers and the MM and AA dossiers?

aunursa on April 17, 2007 at 8:27 PM

Good clip. I can’t even say I’m shocked.

VikingGoneWild on April 17, 2007 at 8:31 PM

I can think of one difference: The media doesn’t pay any attention to Discover the Networks, but pays a lot of attention to the Soros shock troops at Media Matters. Olbermann for one wouldn’t have a word to say with those enablers.

Bryan on April 17, 2007 at 8:32 PM

Yeah, I’m glad this got posted.

Bad Candy on April 17, 2007 at 8:37 PM

Great piece by OR. Hope it does some good!!

greenpiece on April 17, 2007 at 8:39 PM

Media Matters Tries To Deny Soros Factor

I bring it up because I can’t figure out for the life of me, their endless need to try and deny that Soros is involved with them!

Pam on April 17, 2007 at 8:39 PM

Too bad it will never make MSM. I saw it last night and figured it will get some play on the blogs, then go away.

Wade on April 17, 2007 at 8:40 PM

Then let’s make our own Dossier.

Egfrow on April 17, 2007 at 8:41 PM

These communists are doing a damn good job at stopping capitalism (aka True Freedom) inside the USA. Damn fine job! We feel guilt and hatred towards businesses and business men. Innovators and the strong realists are deemed as ememies whil degenerates are promoted as heroes. America is learning to hate the people who give us life and allow us to survive as a species off the backs of their efforts. We pluck the tallest daisys in the field because it makes the rest of the small daisy look small.

Egfrow on April 17, 2007 at 8:45 PM

We need the main man to get on this and get on it hard and often. Someone turn on the Rush “Batman” Limbaugh signal.

Wade on April 17, 2007 at 8:52 PM

Last night Tammy exposed the propaganda machine and how it works. The media in this country is completely corrupt and that should be a major concern to all Americans no matter your politics.

TheBigOldDog on April 17, 2007 at 8:54 PM

Has no one read The Fountainhead? This is a verbatim description of Elsworth Toohey’s tactics.

spmat on April 17, 2007 at 8:55 PM

I guess there is no doubt now where some members of the former KGB ended up after the Soviet Union collapsed… Media Matters, yep.

Zorro on April 17, 2007 at 8:57 PM

Wade on April 17, 2007 at 8:40 PM

I’m optimistic about this. Tammy’s got a book out on it and O’Reilly and Hannity are pursuing it. Sure the MSM will try to avoid it, but if it takes off, they will have no choice. It only took a few bloggers for Rather’s Memogate to go viral!

IrishEi on April 17, 2007 at 8:57 PM

Tammy deserves more attention. She’s powerful. One of our stars.

petefrt on April 17, 2007 at 9:02 PM

Hse mentioned that the wires are very important. Almost every paper in small town USA subscribes to a wire, usually AP for national and international news. The stupid little ditty off one writer’s laptop at AP becomes the conventional wisdom across the country. It’s horrendous. All the local papers here, no matter which they are, run AP articles every single day front page – prime space – on how bad Iraq is, how our military is either stressed, stupid or dying. Every day. It’s relentless and all AP. A pure monopoly.

naliaka on April 17, 2007 at 9:04 PM

Good clip, Ian. We need more of these rare ex-liberals on board to expose the belly.

Coronagold on April 17, 2007 at 9:30 PM

The vast Left-wing conspiracy!

stonemeister on April 17, 2007 at 9:32 PM

I know for a fact that Bruce’s assertion is true. It happened to me.

I wrote a “letter to the editor” that was published, and in the online “comments” section, a digest of earlier letters in the same and in other papers was presented as part of a personal attack upon my character and integrity. And, I’m nobody important, just a guy who can write literate letters to the editor. Yet they had a complete dossier on me.

This how the keep track of their enemies. For when the “time” is right, I suppose.

And, I found out, that if you use certain words in a rebuttal letter, like “gasbag” (for example) that rebuttal letter will be propagated to over 200 sites, having NOTHING to do with politics, from ballooning affectionados to propane gas suppliers. Call some one a “gasbag” (for example) in a personal attack in a letter to the editor of a paper with an online edition, even a little local county paper, and that personal attack will appear as a result for over 200 websites, “automagically.” Well, not magically, but automatically by spiders keying on specific words on news sites.

There are other “keywords” that be used to propate slander.

This is a tactic that is being taught at leftwing “seminars” as part of the war that Bruce is describing.

It is NOT paranoia, either.

If you read the writings of Clark Kissenger (former or current Gen. Secretary, Revolutionary Communist Party, USA, I’m not sure of his current statu) and Brian Becker (International Socialist Party, Workers of the Work, and ANSWER), they intend to destroy us. Not just “politically,” but physicaloly. Kissenger postulates executions of “reactionaries” (that includes, Michelle and the HA staff and most of the commentators posting here) when they come to power.

So, I have no doubt that moveon or media matters or even the DNC has each and every one of us in a database somewhere.

And if THAT doesn’t energize you to work even harder to make sure that the Demcrats get tossed out of power, then you’re a fool.

georgej on April 17, 2007 at 9:40 PM

“Civil War”, huh?…….. Must be a quagmire, misinformation, propaganda……. time to get out…

PinkyBigglesworth on April 17, 2007 at 10:04 PM

from wikipedia:

She is described on her website as “an openly gay, pro-choice, gun owning, pro-death penalty, voted-for-President Bush progressive feminist” and a “lifelong Democrat”[2].

How’s that for awesome?

Vincenzo on April 17, 2007 at 10:04 PM

georgej, Very interesting observations.

You’re absolutely right, it is NOT paranoia. This is a coordinated and well-financed effort that cannot get too much scrutiny.

If anyone wants info on Brian Becker and Clark Kissinger, Frontpagemag.com has it all. I use their own search engine frequently to get information which is at the top of their home page.

Buy Danish on April 17, 2007 at 10:13 PM

georgej on April 17, 2007 at 9:40 PM

Holy crap.

IrishEi on April 17, 2007 at 10:15 PM

Tammy Bruce just gave talk radio and the blogs an important mission. The lefties who prize freedom should listen the most. Their freedoms will eventually also be taken away.

spmat on April 17, 2007 at 8:55 PM

Smiles. Of course. And we know our Tooheys from far and close.

Soros is one of the most dangerous people to this country, never to be underestimated or ignored.

Entelechy on April 17, 2007 at 10:17 PM

So now the big “O” is going to expose this network that has been around since at least the 70′s. Why now Bill? Worried about your job? Better late than never. You should have been exposing them beck in the 80′s and 90′s when you was a reporter. OOPS! I forgot you worked for the liberal media the allowed these groups to have that power.

Before Rush any talk radio host that expressed conservative ideas was replace the next day with a true liberal. Thanks to Rush they could express their conservative views and not lose their jobs because the rating overpowered the desires of groups like Media Watch.

Helloyawl on April 17, 2007 at 10:49 PM

I wonder where Michelle is on that list? She has THREE strikes against her, a conservative, a woman, and a minority! GASP!

Tammy oughta just call herself a Pubbie, she’s conservative on every issue ‘cept abortion.

Check out her book “The New American Revolution”. I got it on the bookshelf right between “Unhindged” by Michelle and “Bamboozled” by Angela McGowan (GASP! Another one with three strikes against her!)

Tony737 on April 17, 2007 at 11:18 PM

TOWNHOUSE

KOS

People talk about the need for the left to work together and have a unified message in the face of a unified conservative noise machine. So a google group was created called “Townhouse”, and it included many bloggers and other representatives of the netroots as well as a large number of partisan journalists and grassroots groups. It allowed us to discuss policy, issues, tactics and coordinate as much as you can ever get a bunch of liberals to coordinate.

Dan Froomkin? 501 c Media Matters? 501 c CREW?

Topsecretk9 on April 17, 2007 at 11:51 PM

Wow. I hope this lady has body guards. I can see something like this erupting into a personal physical attack.

This is the first I’ve seen any inside liberal telling the truth about the existence and mechanics of the Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy.

Bravo. I always hoped there were liberals out there with at least some integrity.

unamused on April 17, 2007 at 11:58 PM

As I posted on Newsbusters:

Would that Bawbra Wawa had her guest host on her show. It’d make for some interesting exchanges between her, Tokyo Rosie, and Joyless Behar.

kevcad on April 18, 2007 at 12:30 AM

it’s all Bush’s fault /moonbat

Black Adam on April 18, 2007 at 1:02 AM

I love Tammy.

Is it too much to say that they are getting at perhaps the core political problem in the country – media corruption? The Pravda-esque, daily flood of leftwing talking points disguised as “news” by leftwing activists disguised as “journalists” poisons all levels of the culture and makes even a fair presentation of any matter a Sisyphusian undertaking. A glaring weakness on the Right has been the way this “dishonest swamp” (Bill’s accurate if generous term) has been given kid glove treatment and legitimacy, instead of exposed – which is what I hope Tammy is planning to do. It is no accident that Rush, year after year, spends more time trying to reveal the dishonesty and malicious hidden agenda of the MSM than on any other topic. Media corruption is central to any political problem we face, and exposés (not just debates and rants) are long overdue.

Halley on April 18, 2007 at 1:56 AM

Great Post! We need to know more about how the Left is using the Mainstream Media, and other public venues, to promote their propaganda. More Please!

Big Surprise! The Left is using the MSM to distribute their propaganda. (Hummm, where have I heard that before?)

What I was not aware of is how coordinated it was thru not only the MSM but also entertainment, and from this post, evidently other venues as well.

I would really like to know more about the subject of this post.

omegaram on April 18, 2007 at 2:00 AM

*Sigh*

I said this was a concerted strategy of the left when they attacked Ann Coulter.

I was pilloried. On this very website!

Yet a mere few days later, after Imus’s corpse is mounted on the MMFA mantel do you guys start thinking, Gosh, I wonfer if this is a strategy of the left to silence conservative pundits.

Welcome to the land of the enlightened. Better late than never. :)

JayHaw Phrenzie on April 18, 2007 at 2:16 AM

Although, I do point out Imus is no conservative, just not left enough.

JayHaw Phrenzie on April 18, 2007 at 2:33 AM

David Horowitz has been saying this for decades. He also was a far left extremist in the 60′s and he writes of the Communists and Socialists agenda in organizing protests and receiving money. Of course, David is not permitted to speak on any college campus without guards and heavy security. He and Tammy, the ones that were deeply involved in left wing politics, are the standard bearers and exposures of the left. They are the experts in the lefts political agenda, one that is set to destroy. Billy Dale still stands as a testimony to what a political weapon can do when aimed at an individual.
Carvale was a master at the tactic from a publicity point, and media matters and moveon is a master from the “behind the scenes” point, and the MSM are the pawns. Just like the students in the 60′s were pawns, and the women in the 70′s and 80′s were the pawns, and the blacks in the past 30 years are the pawns, the democrats and liberals will destroy anyone in their way, and they find plenty of pawns to move around.

right2bright on April 18, 2007 at 9:42 AM

Welcome to the land of the enlightened. Better late than never. :)

JayHaw Phrenzie on April 18, 2007 at 2:16 AM

Seriously?

Look, I for one had no problem with what Ann said, but I also realize that people here, especially people like Bryan, Allah, Ian and Michelle, can certainly think for themselves.

In fact, they were there. They heard her words and made their own opinions without having to hear anything from the Left.

No one will deny that the Left would like to be able to shut down people like Ann Coulter, but that doesn’t mean that people on the Right can’t make up their own opinions of her that happen to differ from your own.

Despite that I happen to agree with you that the whole Coulter thing was overblown, if this were my site, I would not allow you to continue posting here, as I wouldn’t allow one of my posters to be so condescending to me.

Esthier on April 18, 2007 at 10:21 AM

To return to a frequent theme back when HotAir was new and irreverent, I think she’s kind of hot…for a conservative Dem chick who likes girls.

Hey, but I like girls, too, so we have that in common.

Jaibones on April 18, 2007 at 10:26 AM

I guess the mods are made of sterner stuff.

If I get banned, I’ll delete my book mark and move on. Life is short.

But, if that happened, it would not alter the fact that I am right.

JayHaw Phrenzie on April 18, 2007 at 10:46 AM

OK. don’t take this as a troll question: what’s the difference between these left-wing goons and, say, Newsbusters?

mymanpotsandpans on April 18, 2007 at 12:29 PM

I actually think this is a “biggie”. I saw this the other night on O’Reilly (I can’t believe myself…I think he’s an airhead,but I watch the show. Maybe it’s like Playboy…I watch it for the guests. But I digress…)and thought it was exceptionally important because it is about the manipulation of the media.

What Ms. Bruce exposed was the mechanism by which public opinion is created. The idea is to create “conventional wisdom” by having similar points of view coming from “different” (but secretly in lock-step) sources at the same time. Thus, people come to believe that there is one common view on things such as…you name it…abortion, gun control, immigration. For a single person to disagree (or, more accurately, voice disagreement) becomes very difficult because he/she is left feeling alone, isolated and perhaps out of step with the rest of the “herd”.

It is a brilliant strategy, but it is one that undermines democracy. Further, in order to work, it relies on the free media foresaking its role…of informing the public…in favour of creating opinion.

We have all heard, and spoken about, how the media is collectively biased. This reveals not only the existence of the bias, but the methodology by which the bias is utilized in order to manipulate public opinion.

It is scary, subversive of deomcracy, and is something that needs to be paid a lot more attention to.

O’Reilly said that he and Hannity were “researching” this issue…I wish someone with a few more brains, such as Malkin, Steyn, Preston, Morrissey…were doing the research, but regardless this will be an important programme if they do it right.

I have been worried about this for many years. The media is the most powerful institution in any free society for two reasons: first, it is unaccountable and secondly, the media acts as a filter for all information. Only the information that it wants may get out. Even the State is subject to that control. If, as Ms. Bruce sets out, this institution operates in lock step, it is a Leviathan that threatens democracy.

Blaise on April 18, 2007 at 12:38 PM

I think that the MSM is getting almost hysterical about the power of choice. I don’t ever choose to watch MSNBC, I only choose to watch CNN to see Glenn Beck and I choose to get my info from Fox though I choose not to watch H&C. I choose to join Hot Air which is one of only two blogs I choose to participate in. I think that if one is Liberal one will choose Air America and Daily KOS. If one is Conservative one will choose Fox (because it’s balanced), Hot Air et. al. and Limbaugh et. al. So the MSM sees two things:

1) More success on the conservative side and so they rightly assume there are more people making a conservative choice and they see their power eroding.

2) They realize that the masses can’t be as easily manipulated by the strategy Bruce describes because of our freedom of choice.

Thank God we have more choices. The MSM are on the attack. We must be vigilant and support the sites we want to get our info from.

CCRWM on April 18, 2007 at 1:09 PM

Oh no, condescending view points….call the brown shirts!

omnipotent on April 18, 2007 at 1:34 PM

I guess the mods are made of sterner stuff.

If I get banned, I’ll delete my book mark and move on. Life is short.

But, if that happened, it would not alter the fact that I am right.

JayHaw Phrenzie on April 18, 2007 at 10:46 AM

Yes, they certainly are. Personally I just don’t understand why you’d be such a dick to them.

Esthier on April 18, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Blaise has it right – scary scary stuff

Coastian on April 18, 2007 at 2:27 PM

You freaking Hypocrites. This is the corner stone of conservatism, cry, whine like little babies and blame the liberal mainstream media or MSM. The damn MSM is a hypnotic chant that conservatives repeat over and over at nauseam. How pathetic. If you believe it with out really looking at the facts you are stupid. Don’t you think conservatives do the same thing?

Is this any surprise? THAN O’Reilly, Loofah boy, admits HE and Hannity are working on their own list. ha ha ha ha ha.

Look BOTH sides use propaganda, but Imus was pure public bi-partisan outrage, sponsors folding and the networks doing what they do, making money. IT WAS THE PUBLIC, YOU KNOW THE PEOPLE! In the end its a nation of people not idiot drones that believe any lie either side said. How may times has Bill O’Reilly called to boycott a product. He called for a GQ magazine boycott because they called Keith Olbermann man of the year. Now that is petty.

Bottom line, people where pissed, no sponsors no Imus show. DONE DEAL. To make a conspiracy out of it is crazy. We all agree (at least lip service wise) that it was the wrong thing to say to the wrong group.

YES there are groups with agendas, for example the RNC and GOP. Is it not unusually that “talking-points”, slogans and all manner of sound bites make it into every (R) representatives speech, Fox news and echoed by Rush and Hannity. The same exact phrase, “cut-N-run”, slow bleed or what ever subterfuge or deception they want to present to take the heat off their Boys.

I agree about the crazy PC thought police garbage, but don’t be a doofus hypocrite. Any party that is 100% in Lock-Step like the GOP, all voting in blocks with NO descent is suspicious. It disingenuous and intellectually dishonest to blame the liberals. If you can’t wrap your little brain around we are a nation of people of all kinds and this is a issue with the nation, people, society. Making politics out of it is wrong and shows you to be prejudice and narrow minded bigots.

Politics is the last and only place that you can let your ignorant bigot freak flag fly, as long as its framed in CODE, Liberals or Democrats. If you are that prejudiced, partisan politically, it is a clue that you are also likely to be a RACIST or SEXIST or both.

LOOK AT MOTIVE. SHE IS SELLING A BOOK ON A CONSERVATIVE SHOW? Now you want to buy it. Apparently she is getting revenge and is bitter. Listen to her. Its about HER. If Osama Bin Laden wrote a book and said Democrats and Liberals sucked you would buy the hard back version. Its all about hating the other side and feeding your ignorance with more stereotypes and bigotry.

gmcjetpilot on April 18, 2007 at 2:38 PM

Esthier on April 18, 2007 at 2:07 PM

I could go into detail as to why I think that I am doing my part to keep the debate open. I could also point out that standing true to ones principles in the face of opposition is a sign of good character.

But, the main reason that you should be happy that I post my opinions on this matter is that it gives you a chance to kiss the staff’s collective arses. You clearly relish this opportunity, run with it!

Make no mistake, I respect the HA staff and I think this is the best poitcial site in the web bar none, but I WILL NOT SQUELCH MY VIEWS JUST TO FIT IN.

JayHaw Phrenzie on April 18, 2007 at 3:54 PM

Today pilots are indignant again.

Entelechy on April 18, 2007 at 4:00 PM

Re: gmcjetpilot

I’m afraid you are wrong. Take the Virginia Tech tragedy. Is the media reporting that guns are illegal on VT so it shows that anti-gun laws fail? No. They are reporting that Virginia has loose gun laws so this was able to happen. It’s called a liberal slant and it’s all over the MSM. Compare the treatment that the Duke lacrosse players received and the treatment of OJ Simpson or Tookie Williams. Compare the treatment given to Obama vs. Mit. Do you know who I mean when I say “Mit”? That should prove my point.

On Imus:
The outrage over the comments, that no one noticed until this “hit” was placed on him, that caused his sponsors to pull out, not the comments themselves.

On The List:
O’Reilly and Hannity are working on a story about this left wing conspiracy. They are not working on their own list of reporters to call. They are in the media themselves. Why would they need a list? They are the list!!!

ArcherB on April 18, 2007 at 4:01 PM

gmcjetpilot on April 18, 2007 at 2:38 PM

If you want to TRY to insult us…you have to make it shorter…who do you think is going to read your long winded vulgar rant?

CCRWM on April 18, 2007 at 4:01 PM

Righty-o, CCRWM. gmcjetpilot, adults don’t lecture other adults.

mymanpotsandpans on April 18, 2007 at 4:15 PM

The Cotillion **hearts** TAMMY!!!!

seejanemom on April 18, 2007 at 4:38 PM

JayHaw Phrenzie on April 18, 2007 at 3:54 PM

I already said that I agree with your position that the Coulter thing was not that big. That’s not exactly butt-kissing 101.

I just think you’re needlessly being rude in your opinion. Integrity doesn’t necesitate an attitude.

Esthier on April 18, 2007 at 5:26 PM

I think over the past few years it has really changed from a simple bias into an actual strategy to manipulate politics and culture. Probably as a response to failing ratings and circulation – in contrast to blogs and radio.

Look at the hysterical editorial the MSM bombards us with about VTECH literally saying the second amendment needs to be tossed out. Meanwhile everyone who is actually informed already knows it was a gunfree zone, the deranged perpetrator was handled with liberal kid gloves, and authorities wasted time investigating a victims boyfriend soley because he had registered legal guns.

Resolute on April 18, 2007 at 8:15 PM

I still think she’s kinda hawt.

Jaibones on April 18, 2007 at 9:09 PM