Video: Leo Terrell explodes about racism on H&C; ashamed of Larry Elder

posted at 12:37 pm on April 11, 2007 by Ian

Civil rights attorney and talk show host Leo Terrell exploded last night on Hannity & Colmes after radio talk show host Larry Elder accused Terrell of calling him an “Uncle Tom” on his own show. Terrell denied the charge and instead called Elder an “apologist.” Continuing, Terrell told Elder “racism is alive and well in this country” and “I have a problem with you downplaying racism.” Then came the nugget. Terrell told Elder: “as an African-American, I am ashamed of you sometimes.” That’s not racist, or anything. Right?

Comments

Two cool heads maintaining composure and civility, two not so much.
Colmes is such a tool, takes any and every opportunity to slide in a liitle BSD onto the platter.

bbz123 on April 11, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Wow, Leo and Rosie from the scream and spit school of I will outshout you and please do not confuse me with facts. Good grief.

Glynn on April 11, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Has there ever been a moment when this human has not gone thermonuclear?

allie on April 11, 2007 at 12:45 PM

Larry is absolutely correct in his analysis of liberal double standards.

Leo, take your Meds!!!!

TheFamousOne on April 11, 2007 at 12:48 PM

Why do liberals think that shouting makes their message some how more relevant, or is this just in deference to their followers who may have hearing loss from listening to rap music on their ipod© at obcene volumes?

LakeRuins on April 11, 2007 at 12:49 PM

I can’t stand listening to this O.J. simpson defending racist.

SCGOPgirl on April 11, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Reverse racism?

Kokonut on April 11, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Uh, Ian, Leo Terrell “explodes” every single time he’s on H&C. The guy throws a tantrum every time he’s on.

Bad Candy on April 11, 2007 at 12:53 PM

Roger Clinton?

SouthernDem on April 11, 2007 at 12:54 PM

Why do liberals think that shouting makes their message some how more relevant

LakeRuins on April 11, 2007 at 12:49 PM

The shouting is in lieu of profanity, which they can’t use on TV. Gotta make up for that somehow….

World B. Free on April 11, 2007 at 12:56 PM

Nice screencap of Terrell, BTW. It captures his personality perfectly.

Bad Candy on April 11, 2007 at 12:57 PM

Empirical evidence of the vast gulf between conservative, and liberal. It is worth remembering that empiricism does not hold that we have empirical knowledge automatically. Rather, for any knowledge to be properly inferred or deduced, it is to be gained ultimately from one’s sense-based experience.

k2comp on April 11, 2007 at 1:02 PM

Uh, BC, Leo Terrell “explodes” every single time he’s on any show besides his own. I’ve never seen him in a discussion where he hasn’t thrown a temper tantrum.

Chad on April 11, 2007 at 1:04 PM

Chad on April 11, 2007 at 1:04 PM

I’ve only ever seen him on H&C, so maybe he does throw his tantrums on other shows(I’m not surprised), I’m just surprised that Ian characterized it that way, given that the HA crew keep an eye on the news and pick out the good crazy on a daily basis. I thought Terrell’s ‘explosion’ would be less surprising to him.

Bad Candy on April 11, 2007 at 1:08 PM

Is this the hand of Darryl Revok?

benrand on April 11, 2007 at 1:09 PM

Why do liberals think that shouting makes their message some how more relevant…
LakeRuins on April 11, 2007 at 12:49 PM

They don’t actually think it makes the argument more relevant. It’s just that they would have a hard time in an argument getting away with just sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming “La La La La La!!! I can’t hear you!!!!”

eeyore on April 11, 2007 at 1:12 PM

Larry Elder is one of the best talk show hosts out there

Defector01 on April 11, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Man, the way he’s waving his hand in the air…you get the feeling that he just doesn’t care.

James on April 11, 2007 at 1:22 PM

I remember this turd from the OJ trial.

If Leo Terrell had been born white, he’d be a member of the Klan, as racism is hard-coded in the DNA of this piece of excrement.

Yes Terrell, racism is indeed alive and well in this country – precisely because of racists like yourself.

thirteen28 on April 11, 2007 at 1:22 PM

“Prozac, Leo, Prozac.”

The Machine on April 11, 2007 at 1:23 PM

Exactly! the Machine beat me to it, “Prozac Leo. Prozac.”

foxforce91 on April 11, 2007 at 1:27 PM

Why do liberals think that shouting makes their message some how more relevant
LakeRuins on April 11, 2007 at 12:49 PM
Because if you’re not completely outraged, you’re not paying attention. Didn’t you know that, LakeRuins?

foxforce91 on April 11, 2007 at 1:31 PM

But…but… but….

Only white people (or oero’s… if I may use that term…) can be racist right?

CrazyFool on April 11, 2007 at 1:34 PM

Pharisee.

Next time take your lithium.

Mojave Mark on April 11, 2007 at 1:36 PM

Nice that Terrell can afford such selective moral outrage when it comes to racism. “I don’t care about them, I care about these girls”.

And I heard on the radio today (sorry, no link) that one of the Rutgers players has said she’s ‘scarred for life’.

Poor girl. Maybe she should sue!

dalewalt on April 11, 2007 at 1:53 PM

Hey, I take lithium. This man clearly needs something stronger.

unamused on April 11, 2007 at 1:58 PM

A while back I don’t remember when or who, a democrat had an interview on one of the news channels. They were talking about a woman of color who was a South African with a heavy accent. So at some point in this interview this PC and caring for the minoritys Democrat calls this woman “African American”
I Call Racist!
The above statement can be found on my brand new blog “geobent
I hope HotAir doesn’t mind me hyping my new blog.

Gwillie on April 11, 2007 at 2:33 PM

Leo is comedy gold. I believe that’s why Hannity always has him on the radio and tv shows. He goes berzerk every time and looks completely foolish. I bust a gut every time.

Travis on April 11, 2007 at 2:34 PM

Hey, let’s be fair: Terrell has never been anything but an unstable psychotic airbag. Everyone knows it. Cable news shows only book him because he’s guaranteed to explode in a frothy fit of self-righteous self-importance. Great TV, man! Awesome!

Meanwhile, he’s personally perpetuating the myth of the unthinking “angry black man.” Ironic, ain’t it? Terrell is probably personally responsible for more real racism than Imus could ever imagine.

But I love Terrell – love, love, love him. He’s on my list of wonderful, wacky liberals, along with Rosie the Realist and Michael “I Ate Pittsburgh” Moore. And, of course, the Great Goracle himself.

I love all of these people, because together and collectively, they work a thousand times harder than Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter combined to keep liberalism at bay.

Someday, some smart liberal might suddenly wake up and realize that if they put a muzzle on these people … they might win more elections. I fear that day, I really do. Liberalism is dangerous, and folks like Terrell expose the danger, and keep the country in some kind of balance. People like Terrell and Michael “Dude, I ate your car” Moore kept Kerry out of the White House. How could I not love them?

I swear to God I keep looking for wires in the back of Terrell’s (and Rosie’s) head … connected to the Rovian Remote Control device … because we all know that these people do more to elect Republicans than anybody else.

Preach on, Terrell. Truth to power. Damn the white man!

Professor Blather on April 11, 2007 at 2:38 PM

“racism is alive and well in this country”

And being propagated by those who hide behind it. Leo Terrell almost seems like he doesn’t get enough racism.

Kini on April 11, 2007 at 2:42 PM

Leo thinking Hillary is just a private citizen…he cracks me up.

Terrel and Huffington, throw them a little bait and they go on a feeding frenzy. The volume goes up, and their intellect goes down.

Therefore: An increase in liberal volume is in direct inverse proporton to liberal reasoning.

A new science is born. Based in fact…or as they put it; based on an inconvienient truth.

right2bright on April 11, 2007 at 2:48 PM

That screencap is hilarious!

WisCon on April 11, 2007 at 3:30 PM

“Racism is alive and well in this country”

… because I refuse to stop playing a victim to it!

geckomon on April 11, 2007 at 4:05 PM

Gwillie reminded me of something. I once had a government class with a PC doofus (he was a pretty good teacher though, I took both his classes), at one point he was talking about something that happened in Africa, and he kept referring to the people that lived there as ‘African A-’. It happened every time! On 1984, when they are talking about Newspeak, they say that they are reducing the words in the language to reduce thinking. It has become clear to me that political correctness is literally Newspeak.

eeyore on April 11, 2007 at 1:12 PM

Didn’t Terrel actually do that once? Oh wait, I’m sorry, he hung up. He was on the Sean Hannity Show with Jesse Lee Peterson, and I guess he didn’t like what they were saying, so he hung up.

Wolfman on April 11, 2007 at 4:32 PM

“I have a problem with you downplaying racism.”

An extremely revealing comment by someone who loves to perpetuate the “victim culture” in the African-American community.

P.S. Great screencap!

asc85 on April 11, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Racism is alive because its presence is profitable for the grievance pimps. This Terrel toolbag wouldn’t have a job if we lived in a colorblind society.

spmat on April 11, 2007 at 6:19 PM

Any footage of this Laura Ingraham thing?

- The Cat

MirCat on April 11, 2007 at 7:05 PM

Oh, My God.

silenced majority on April 11, 2007 at 10:50 PM

HBO’s new series to replace the “Sorpranos”…… “Nappy Hair’d Hoes….. and their Pimps..”

PinkyBigglesworth on April 11, 2007 at 11:29 PM

Some people give other people a bad name.

Griz on April 12, 2007 at 12:32 AM

Leo Terrell is hypocrite.

georgej on April 12, 2007 at 4:38 AM

Petulant frenzy!

Parley on April 12, 2007 at 7:07 AM

k2comp on April 11, 2007 at 1:02 PM

Never taken a philosophy class have you, specifically one in Logic…

Ultimately knowledge is known through reason. We know there are no square circles by logic, not experience. We can not know any truth empirically, we know it logically. We can empirically place data into logic, but not the other way around.

Tim Burton on April 12, 2007 at 8:54 PM