A Citizen Journalist in Fallujah

On Patrol with Team Gator
Insh’allah: A Nighttime Raid with the Iraqi Army
Police Recruiting Day
Navy Corpsman in Fallujah Police Station
Marines ‘hit the jackpot’ near Fallujah

Download for your iPod

Comments

Hardly wait till tomorrow, so I will look into my crystal ball…the marines will say they want to stay and finish the job, that the Iraqi citizens want us to finish the job, that it is an honorable endeavor. How would I know? Because the Marines are patriots who are willing to die for freedom, and to give others freedom. That is what separates them from the liberals,who are afraid to fight for freedom so they would rather be shackled slaves. Out of fear they will let millions die…just ask the Cambodians.
Kudos to MM for bringing this out, but it will be rejected by the liberals…they think freedom should be given to them.

right2bright on April 11, 2007 at 10:13 AM

Thanks Michelle,

This is the good news stuff that we need so desperately to see reported from out of Iraq.

- L.

Lawrence on April 11, 2007 at 10:39 AM

Good job Michelle, now if only we could get you into Katie Couric’s chair, more people would be exposed to the truth.

Anybody interested in the Marine Corps battle in Falluja, please read “We Were One” by Patrick O’Donnell. It’s house by house, room by room, ass kickin’ action with lots of dead jihadis!

Tony737 on April 11, 2007 at 12:32 PM

I am looking forward to hearing what the Marines have to say the next couple/few days.

Thanks for this great Vent Michelle and Hot Air folks.

omegaram on April 11, 2007 at 1:35 PM

I look forward to you next reports.
If only the rest of the country could learn.
Great Vent!

Kini on April 11, 2007 at 3:39 PM

I just want to reflect for a moment on how awesome it is that one ordinary citizen with a video camera can have the opportunity to report on our military in the hottest of hot spots in the war. This has got to be unprecedented in the history of warfare.

Insert obligatory lamentation about the Dems undermining our troops here.

Anton on April 11, 2007 at 4:47 PM

I love the vents. I watch every one of them, especially the ones by Michelle. Your videos are well done and rival the network news in overall look.

BUT…

Can you please do away with the anoying loud “tock” sound affect embedded in the background base music. It reminds me of the old “click of death” sound that a zip(tm) drive makes as it’s dying.

Every time I hear it I reflexively look at my zip drive to see if the access LED is solid on.

I know the background music is a “production value” but the loud tock sound is distracting and anoying. Can you do something about it?

georgej on April 11, 2007 at 4:54 PM

Fallujah Schmallujah. I just like seeing a little shoulder…

Jaibones on April 11, 2007 at 8:51 PM

Good stuff Michelle, can’t wait to hear the words from our fighters.

This is old fashion war correspondent reporting. Well done.

Zorro on April 11, 2007 at 9:45 PM

Now, Michelle, can you please take the chair between Steve Doocey and Brian Kilmeade and put us ALL out of THEIR MISERY…and put the NEWS back into FOX NEWS???

seejanemom on April 11, 2007 at 9:49 PM

Awesome blogs. Thanfully there are those out there doing the job the MSM wont do. Too bad so many Americas are ignorant to the true situation in Iraq. Stories like those provided in the links (thanks Hot AIr( aren’t that hard to find. I guess too many are too lazy or unwilling to do the slightest bit of research on their own and would rather get fed a bunch of BS from teh MSM.

Yakko77 on April 11, 2007 at 10:38 PM

Bill Ardolino is a real stand up guy. He has been on the scene in D.C. for many years now. Through email conversations he told me that going to Iraq and embedding in a hot spot was the next logical step. He needed to see for himself and we are just lucky enough to be along for the ride.
I have to say that his pre-deployment essays were hysterical! Conditioning himself by running around D.C. in his battle gear and pack. Can you imagine what the natives thought?
I think he will be on a panel at the upcoming Milblog conf in D.C. If you don’t know about this check it out.

It is May 4-6 with the panels on the 5th. It will be simulcast (or whatever you call it) over the internet. I sat GLUED to my computer last year. This year we are going! Can’t wait, some of the biggest names in Milblog will be there including Hot Air’s own Byron Preston!

Babs on April 12, 2007 at 9:32 AM