Video: Michelle rips Rosie, kinda sorta, on “The Big Story”

posted at 6:12 pm on March 30, 2007 by Allahpundit

She told me this afternoon she was going to be on to talk about Unstable Mabel, which I figured would mean a segment equal in explosive outraged power to a thousand Pretty Vicious Rants and Important Action Alerts. Not so; she was mellow, which tends to happen for whatever reason on Gibby’s show.

Still a nice blast, though. Just not as much TNT as usual.

She’ll be on O’Reilly tonight, too. I’m not sure what the topic is, but if it’s Rosie again I suspect we’ll see a mushroom cloud this time.

Comments

Mellow Michelle.

Rick on March 30, 2007 at 6:20 PM

MAN THE HARPOONS!

Darth Executor on March 30, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Well, I don’t watch it everyday for the freak show.

Ian on March 30, 2007 at 6:23 PM

That was pretty mild for MM.

I emailed ABC and explained that I am going to contact all the company’s who advertise on “the view”.

csdeven on March 30, 2007 at 6:24 PM

I know what happened! She’s still drinking that microwave faux coffee!

MM, stop by Starbucks and pickup a Venti House or double espresso on the way to the studio tonight. That’ll get the blood flowing!

TheBigOldDog on March 30, 2007 at 6:26 PM

That’s because John Gibson has a natural calming effect on his surroundings. John Gibson can also calm raging seas and jittery squirrels. (Why should Fred have all the meme fun?)

Michelle still got in plenty of body blows on Rosie and ABC, though.

ReubenJCogburn on March 30, 2007 at 6:27 PM

“Jumped the Shark”?
I think Rosie’s gone done and jumped the whole darn aquarium and must have landed on her head.

G-man on March 30, 2007 at 6:29 PM

I don’t think she reflects the views of a lot of women; just the off-the-deep-end ones; and *they’re* the ones who sit in the audience to watch ‘the freak show’. I predict that at the end of this season, Rosies going to ‘leave the show to pursue other artistic endeavors’.

dalewalt on March 30, 2007 at 6:29 PM

Aye matey, have ye seen the white whale??

Viper1 on March 30, 2007 at 6:32 PM

Dennis Miller hit the nail on the head at the start of his radio show today. Rosie is trying to get fired. She is probably on a fixed salary deal, the ratings of the show are up, she wants a percentage, they aren’t giving it to her, so she is trying to get fired. His show is available at the westwood one site for download, it was pretty much at the start of the show.

crosspatch on March 30, 2007 at 6:36 PM

I wonder if honestly Rosie isn’t just really, really scared and the way she has dealt with it is to convince herself that the Bogey Man doesn’t really exist, instead, it was just this President, who will be gone soon and so will the danger…. Juts a though. Of coarse, she could be just plain crazy (um, I mean mentally ill).

TheBigOldDog on March 30, 2007 at 6:36 PM

I heard , read somewhere that she ( Rosie ) should
stay right where she is to bring attention to just how
whacky these libs have become.

Any thoughts ? ? ?

Texyank on March 30, 2007 at 6:41 PM

I think the collective IQ of “The View” audience is less than 90. Although, I can’t figure out if the audience claps on cue for Rosie or if they are responding to the “Applause” sign in the studio. Either way it’s pretty scary that these people are allowed to vote, or even drive for that matter.

silenced majority on March 30, 2007 at 6:45 PM

Rosie is trying to get fired.

Maybe she should hook up with Mr. Slave from Southpark.

silenced majority on March 30, 2007 at 6:48 PM

Why is it stopping right before MM speaks? At least for me.

CrimsonFisted on March 30, 2007 at 6:49 PM

Rosie should stay on the View and be allowed to say anything that she wishes. Those offended by her 9/11 denial should be free to avoid doing business with any companies that support the broadcast with their advertising dollars.

Should the View not present a physics professor to explain that the collapse of WTC7 is consistent with and likely caused by demolition charges, then Rosie should admit either that no such professor exists or that ABC is censoring her and that her continued employment is evidence that she values her salary more than the truth.

rw on March 30, 2007 at 6:51 PM

We should boycott these companys,
ABC
Disney
ESPN
Nascar

If people would put there money where thier mouth is, we could boycott these things and she would be gone!

Ross

kara26 on March 30, 2007 at 6:57 PM

joy needs to go also

kara26 on March 30, 2007 at 6:59 PM

“Does anyone know how to git a list without actually having to suffer watching the show?

csdeven on March 30, 2007 at 6:24 PM”

I called ABC a couple of days ago, got the run around and was told somneone would call me back…still waiting. I will watch the show with the volume turned off next week and get the name of the sponsors if no one comes up with a list.

CCRWM on March 30, 2007 at 7:00 PM

Why is it stopping right before MM speaks? At least for me.

CrimsonFisted on March 30, 2007 at 6:49 PM

It stuttered several times for me, but I just left it alone until it ran through once, and the second time it ran fine.

ReubenJCogburn on March 30, 2007 at 7:02 PM

Same Same Same.

*urp*

Sorry…International Coffee give me gas.

The Ugly American on March 30, 2007 at 7:04 PM

Jumped the Shark? Hell looks like she damn well ate the shark!

redshirt on March 30, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Michelle is right on. Rosie has jumped the shark! Instead of a physicist (actually, a structural engineer might be more informative) the View needs to ask a psychiatrist to “interview” the nutty one…

Zorro on March 30, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Ran well this time. I don’t think Rosie is doing this to angle for a percentage. She is clearly delusional. She believes this stuff.

CrimsonFisted on March 30, 2007 at 7:14 PM

Rosie is catching up in the votes for jumping the shark.

F15Mech on March 30, 2007 at 7:23 PM

Look at the bottom scroll:

“Laxative-laced doughnuts” ?

!

AtomicAmish on March 30, 2007 at 7:31 PM

It’s a different audience in the 4-o’clock hour than the 7-o’clock hour (sue me; I’m a CDT John Doe). John Gibson is the bridge between the all-business Neil Cavuto and the all-politics Brit Hume and gang. O’Reilly starts off the prime-time looniness (well, you could make the case that it actually starts with Shepard “Crash” Smith).

steveegg on March 30, 2007 at 7:32 PM

If Rosie goes, the moonbats will wail about censorship and
“see what happens when you criticize the administration,” and rant about how our civil rights are being stripped away from us. Because, as we all know, it all comes back to Boooooooooooosh!

Mallard T. Drake on March 30, 2007 at 7:35 PM

Well hell, it is depressing.

Not because “Unstable Mabel” spouts crazy conspiracy nonsense on a regular basis, but because she (along with Behar) regularly receives applause, and not scorn, derision and rejection that a rational population would heap upon her for trying to foist the insane ramblings of the 9/11 truther and BDS fever swamps upon the rest of the population.

It’s a sign of just how stupid, paranoid and conspiracy-addled a good portion of this country has become recently.

Citizen Duck on March 30, 2007 at 7:36 PM

I see it this way.

Rosie is the media representive of the “nutroots”.

Michelle is the media representive of us.

I think we win.

dinasour on March 30, 2007 at 7:38 PM

OT
I want to give a shout out to Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli.
“Jump the Shark” is such a great concept.

eeyore on March 30, 2007 at 8:22 PM

I have just seen Michelle on the Factor with the Huff & Puffster.

In the opening segment O’Reilly was describing the “Tony Snow Hate Mail” from the nutroots.

I have seen the Michelle Malkin “death stare”.

Thank you. It means a lot to me.

dinasour on March 30, 2007 at 8:28 PM

Odd that after yesterday’s blog post in which she said that the British “did it on purpose”, in her conspiracy theorist rant about the hostage situation she posts this total old news fluff… Sad when you have to mask your shameful behavior… with slightly less shameful and embarassing behavior

(*BONUS* The clip even has her saying “Ching Chong”)

Now for my conspiracy theory… She’s trying to go further and further over the top, hoping to get fired because she’s in talks to get her own show. In fact I want to say I heard something a few months back, about her having offers or something… Of course as I’ve noted, she’s mainstreaming Trutherism, a “movement” that I predict will grown exponentially, not because it should, but because most Americans are idiots and/or lazy, which means they will be easily drawn in by the “questions” raised by Truthers, and not spend the time to learn that those questions are based on lies put forth by the people asking them, others have very simple answers, while others have complex answers. Anyway, I honestly think Rosie may be trying to get fired because she has some other opportunity out there. Like that episode of Seinfeld where the Mets were supposed to hire George, but he had to get fired from the Yankees, so he tried to go out in a big way. I can’t remember all of his attempts, outher than putting on Babe Ruth’s old uniform and eating strawberries in a meeting, making a mess all over the the clothes.

RightWinged on March 30, 2007 at 8:58 PM

I thought Michelle did very well. Sometimes the mellow approach is the best one. Michelle looks lovely in pink.

Glynn on March 30, 2007 at 9:04 PM

We should boycott these companys,
ABC
Disney
ESPN
Nascar

Ross

kara26 on March 30, 2007 at 6:57 PM

Not NASCAR! That’s Madness! That’s Blasphemy!

PinkyBigglesworth on March 30, 2007 at 9:22 PM

O’Donnell is a mouthpiece for Disney. Can a show, ala Bill Maher, be far behind?

pocomoco on March 30, 2007 at 9:32 PM

It could happen if people just quit watching her show

THANK YOU.

Reaps on March 30, 2007 at 10:16 PM

ABC allows Rosie to spout because that’s what the corporate leadership believes in the board room.

Rosie lied and truth died.

Mojave Mark on March 30, 2007 at 11:40 PM

CCRWM on March 30, 2007 at 7:00 PM

Ahhhhh. Turn the sound off. Good idea!

csdeven on March 31, 2007 at 12:31 AM

Rosie jumped the shark . . . .and ate it.

- The Cat

MirCat on March 31, 2007 at 12:43 AM

I think ABC leaves her on primarily for the ratings…not because they necessarily agree with what she is saying. But to “condone” what she says for ratings is shameful.

I will agree with MM that I find it disturbing that after Rosie says something, there is considerable applause in the studio audience. But I think it’s more just because they love Rosie, and will cheer for just about whatever she says. I’m not sure they believe most of the crap she’s spewing, but I could be mistaken.

I’ve said this on a few other HA boards, but I really think Rosie WANTS to be fired over something like this, and will keep pushing the envelope until she is canned.

asc85 on March 31, 2007 at 10:04 AM

Can someone give me the phone number or email address that I can contact ABC? I couldn’t find it on their website, but I did find this gem. On a mug that features the ladies of the View (although why they’d want to put Rosie on anything remotely connected to food is beyond me) there’s this warning:

California residents please be advised, as per the Prop. 65 Warning: The colored artwork or designs used on this product contains lead and/or cadmium, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm.

Nice.

bookwurm322 on March 31, 2007 at 12:11 PM

silenced majority on March 30, 2007 at 6:45 PM

Only because EH is there to raise it by half.

opusrex on March 31, 2007 at 1:06 PM

I can’t post on the PM debunk thread for some reason, so this is close enough.

I’m no physicist, but I am a structural engineer. (/toungue in cheek)

Just a little more realism to throw in the mix. The formula to check the load at which a column buckles was codified by Euler (search Euler column buckling if you like.) It goes like this:

P= (pi)^2 * E * I /(L^2)

E (Young’s modulus) is a physical constant of steel which is temperature dependant. I (moment of inertia) is a physical section property of whatever steel member is being investigated, and L is the length of the member between points which brace it from lateral translation.

Quickly: steel softens (read: E goes down) pretty quickly under heat, long before it melts, which is mentioned in the PM article. Secondly, note that the strength of the member is inversely proportion to the square of the length of the member. I promise to stop boring you soon.

The L for a column is almost invariably the distance between floors. When, say, an airplane comes in and takes out even one floor, the length is doubled, which cuts the available capacity by a factor of 4. That’s bad. Then fire drops the stiffness of the steel, and the situation becomes even worse.

The amazing thing is that the buildings stayed up at all. The WTC towers had a highly unusual structural system–tightly spaced columns at the perimeter. The architect was reportedly very afraid of heights, and preferred the narrow slot windows and relatively massive structure as he felt it would give a sense of security to the occupants.

The tubular nature of the “tree columns” that we used at the WTC gave it a unique ability to redistribute force even with the loss of a fair number of perimter load bearing elements. I believe I read that only four tall buildings in the entire US have a similar structural system.

You would, frankly, have to be a moron of sizeable proportions to select the WTC as your target if you knew anything about its structural system. Arguably, controlled demolition requres such intimate knowledge of structural behavior to have understood that the WTC’s were a poor target. I don’t care enough about the truther arguments to have ascertained what exactly they think was brought down by controlled demo, but even targeting the towers with planes was a bad idea, structurally.

The down side to all this is that a similar attack on probably most any other tall building would lead to immediate collapse or rapid progressive collapse, a la the Murrah Building.

TexasDan on March 31, 2007 at 8:37 PM