Video: “What We Call the News”

posted at 9:34 am on March 29, 2007 by Allahpundit

This debuted at the RTVC dinner last night. Bryan didn’t care for it, neither did Greg Pollowitz. It’s not the best thing they’ve ever done, but the Britney joke alone is worth the price of admission.

Comments

Eh, not their best work, it’s alright.
I did laugh out loud at the Britney reference though.

Laura02420 on March 29, 2007 at 9:41 AM

That was actually pretty funny. My favorite part was where all the cable pundits were clubbing each other over the head. Not their best ever, but not all that bad either.

John on March 29, 2007 at 9:43 AM

OT: anyone see Southpark last night? Those guys better hope Hillary doesn’t become President, If I were them I would get any money I could away from the IRS hands after 08.

jp on March 29, 2007 at 9:45 AM

Meh, it was ok. Catchy, with some funny bits.

austinnelly on March 29, 2007 at 9:46 AM

The song is amusing, but the editing of the faces looks sloppy and rushed.

elpresidente on March 29, 2007 at 9:47 AM

Putty-tat.
Heh.

harrison on March 29, 2007 at 9:49 AM

More jab, less jib!

saint kansas on March 29, 2007 at 10:12 AM

Catchy or not, its accurate.

Back when we had 3 TV stations in most cities, there was plenty of real news to fill up 3 15 minute news casts every night.

Now most of us have access to about a dozen news stations, each of which needs to fill up 24 hours of programming.

Labamigo on March 29, 2007 at 10:13 AM

I love Jib Jab. Who else out there has the balls to make fun of Britney Spears? These guys don’t care who they piss off!

Ann Coulter, take note!

saint kansas on March 29, 2007 at 10:33 AM

Yes, the media culture runs our lives 24/7 and has just the wierdness guranteed to get and keep your attention until something else specifically tailored to your unique wierdness comes to the attention of the broadcaster/journalist/station (see anna nicole simpson).

Too bad they can’t make teaching/educating as interesting as brittany spears’ kitty because we’d have genius’ all over the world and no excuse to harm yourself or others except “contact sports”.

tormod on March 29, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Lame. I just found the whole, “Life was better when we told you what to pay attention to” annoying beyond belief.

Clark1 on March 29, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Oh, yeah, and as far as the big three goes:

Labamigo on March 29, 2007 at 10:13 AM

I was lucky enough to live in Indpls, In. Where there was a fourth, independant TV station, run by Sarkes-Tarzian(sp?)
from Bloomington. The big three shovelled the left side of the news at us every day and a great deal of indoctrination took place while there was no opposing viewpoint. Never forget that the leftists have had control of our viewing habits from the beginning of the television era. They have an almost insurmountable head start.

tormod on March 29, 2007 at 10:52 AM

News flash. “They” are still telling you what to pay attention to.

Considering Fox itself seems to pride itself on leaning to the right these days, I find it pretty friggin’ patronising that they shovel Anna-Nicole Smith in my face every day.

“Hard news? For Conservatives? Pffshht, give them more Jerry Springer rejects..”

Reaps on March 29, 2007 at 11:06 AM

It was decent, but they musta got most of their actors from Canada…

Bad Candy on March 29, 2007 at 11:14 AM

I thought it was hilarious. 90% of what passes for “news” these days is complete junk and actually important, interesting stuff is hardly mentioned. Basically, except for political coverage and an occasional cultural piece, I couldn’t care less about the “news”.

Jared White on March 29, 2007 at 11:28 AM

meow

KelliD on March 29, 2007 at 11:44 AM

I thought it was great. Best work or not, the message was spot on. What passes for “news” these days is ridiculous.

flipflop on March 29, 2007 at 12:32 PM

it’s the playin-it-safein’est play-it-safe humor out there.

it’s so technically adept, i wanted to see how they did it, but their registration is broken.

jummy on March 29, 2007 at 12:36 PM

I like it.

JinxMcHue on March 29, 2007 at 12:57 PM

I especially dispise Greta “The Ghoul” Susteran.

She FEEDS off the National Enquirer-type stories:

Jean Benet, Aruba chick, Duke LaCrosse, Anna Nicole, etc.

omnipotent on March 29, 2007 at 1:00 PM

I am very proud and relieved to say that I am one of the 4% who hasn’t seen Brit’s putty tat! They make a good point, can you imagine an outsider…looking on at what’s on our news? Embarrassing!

jjjen on March 29, 2007 at 1:12 PM

SPOT ON – and that’s the cat’s meow!

Kini on March 29, 2007 at 1:59 PM

I liked it.

The Ugly American on March 29, 2007 at 2:01 PM

Not funny. Not funny. Not funny.

greggish on March 29, 2007 at 2:44 PM

Ya gotta admit. . They do call that crap “The News”

Texyank on March 29, 2007 at 3:19 PM

How come they were all Canadian?

Iblis on March 29, 2007 at 6:41 PM

Their best was in 2004 – however, there’s a huge kernel of truth in this one, as there always is in humor. The reality of this one is sad, though, and not at all good for a healthy society for the long run.

And for half of our country these “news gurus” are waaaay too Nazi, and as Rosie and hers said, in bed with the administration.

Entelechy on March 29, 2007 at 11:05 PM

“Bryan didn’t care for it, neither did Greg Pollowitz.”

Good. I thought I lost my sense of humor when I heard this.

Kevin M on March 30, 2007 at 9:20 AM