Video: Ware attacks Lieberman for saying “soldier[s] [are] more confident walking the streets of Baghdad”

posted at 11:43 pm on March 29, 2007 by Ian

CNN’s Michael Ware pronounced Al-Qaeda and other militias are “laying low” to get the “shape” of the surge. Or maybe we’re just, you know, winning? Maybe? Anyway, I wonder how Ware, a CNN reporter, would know about terrorist tactics?

Comments

Michael Ware is also on record stating that a Westerner would not exceed 20 minutes on the streets of Bagdad without coming under fire. Makes one wonder, how he has managed his four years over there..??..! Not really though…….They dont go after him as he is nothing but a propagandist tool for them…!

HadaAbeche on March 29, 2007 at 11:47 PM

So, is Ware a traveling editorialist or a reporter?

Because the guy certainly seems…outspoken about his views.

Plus he’s got crazy eyes. Not saying that’s relevant, but it should be stated.

Slublog on March 29, 2007 at 11:47 PM

OT, but good round up of last nights Southpark, 24/Hillary spoof….hillarious.

jp on March 29, 2007 at 11:52 PM

Slublog, do not underestimate the eyes. We could fill a thread, and more, just on this topic and the psychology and ‘illness’ (in this case zealotry) behind it. You’re very observant.

Entelechy on March 29, 2007 at 11:53 PM

So, is Ware a traveling editorialist or a reporter?

Embeditorialist? That’s got a nice scathing ring to it…

mojowire on March 29, 2007 at 11:54 PM

Plus he’s got crazy eyes. Not saying that’s relevant, but it should be stated.

Slublog on March 29, 2007 at 11:47 PM

Thanks Slu, we all thought it but you came forward and said it.
How can we possibly acheive our goals in Iraq with men like this shaping public opinion?
Remember, he’s speaking to that portion of the public which actually watches the news.
Given that the rest of our population is simply tuned out, what, as Trotsky onced asked, is to be done?

billy on March 29, 2007 at 11:55 PM

Why doe we give a rat’s a** what this guy has to say?

d1carter on March 29, 2007 at 11:57 PM

Boy, proof that the Joos have lost their seat on the diversity bus. Liebs has got zero absolute moral authority.

smellthecoffee on March 30, 2007 at 12:00 AM

OT, but good round up of last nights Southpark, 24/Hillary spoof….hillarious.

jp on March 29, 2007 at 11:52 PM

Really? I thought the whole episode was a hand job for hillary. The point of the episode, that everyone hates america and you are a racist if you want to profile people, wasn’t very well received by me. Russian bad guys for an english invasion. may as well have been neo-nazis.

Hillary was kinda likeable, except for her huge ass.

And I =still= don’t understand the global warming episode with the lice. I didn’t get the point of that episode at all.

lorien1973 on March 30, 2007 at 12:02 AM

Oh crikey! The Conspiracy Hunter, just yesterday on this very blog, was noted for taking St John to task that Baghdad was not safe. I seem to recall him telling us that General Petraeus travels with armed Humvees. Today, we seem to get a slightly different story. Is this CNN or the Associated Press? Or Reuters? With all the waffling, who can tell? One thing is certain, The Conspiracy Hunter has no freakin’ idea what he’s talking about.

thedecider on March 30, 2007 at 12:03 AM

Thanks Slu, we all thought it but you came forward and said it.

Heh. Always happy to be of assistance.

But man, just look at those wacked-out orbs. Wasn’t there an episode of “How I Met Your Mother” that dealt with crazy eyes?

Slublog on March 30, 2007 at 12:10 AM

Um…because my wife loves that show.

Er…yeah…

Slublog on March 30, 2007 at 12:10 AM

Really? I thought the whole episode was a hand job for hillary
lorien1973 on March 30, 2007 at 12:02 AM

I thought the Southern accent was a nice little dig.

billy on March 30, 2007 at 12:12 AM

Is that what it was? Celebrity voices are so bad anyways, i had no idea what they were doing.

lorien1973 on March 30, 2007 at 12:13 AM

thedecider on March 30, 2007 at 12:03 AM

Xactly. And this evening Murtha was on streaming BS, and (of course) no one was trotted out to contradict him. CNN’s bias would be comical if not so dangerous.

db on March 30, 2007 at 12:16 AM

Ware looks like he’s been living in the caves with the jihadists.

Rick on March 30, 2007 at 12:20 AM

Baghdad hasn’t been safe3 since 1700 B.C.

This is news?

Tell it to Hammurabi.

profitsbeard on March 30, 2007 at 12:21 AM

Plus he’s got crazy eyes. Not saying that’s relevant, but it should be stated.

Slublog on March 29, 2007 at 11:47 PM

Maybe he and Jennifer Wilbanks could hook up when he gets back stateside…

Bad Candy on March 30, 2007 at 12:30 AM

db on March 30, 2007 at 12:16 AM

As I’ve repeatedly observed, when we’re in the “Situation Room”, the situation seems to be that we need to discredit the military, the Bush administration, and all things Republican or conservative. Indeed, the “Situation Room” observes absolute cluelessness and does not allow for dissent or opposing points of view.

thedecider on March 30, 2007 at 12:34 AM

Ware looks like a wild-eyed undertaker

Captain America on March 30, 2007 at 12:47 AM

Is the view that good from the bar at the al-Rashid hotel inside the Green Zone, or does Ware have fantastically good eyes?

Misha I on March 30, 2007 at 12:50 AM

OK this Ware is wearing on my nerves – he is showing signs of the Katrina jackasses.

I’d like to meet him on my next trip – although I haven’t spent much time in the Green Zone…

Reality my ass – I think he needs his nose smacked back into shape…

reaganaut on March 30, 2007 at 12:51 AM

He looks like he is getting a prostate exam…an unexpected one.

EnochCain on March 30, 2007 at 1:02 AM

He needs to push himself away from the hotel bar and provide some real news. I’d like to hear commentary from someone other than the waitress who’s obviously brought him one to many Cape Cods.

thedecider on March 30, 2007 at 1:17 AM

He looks like he is getting a prostate exam…an unexpected one.

EnochCain on March 30, 2007 at 1:02 AM

Good one. Ware is so obviously On Drugs in some of his reports that it’s kinda funny in a wierd sick way. Sometimes he nay-says his CNN overlords, and Displeasure is expressed by Wolfie and the other blathering syncophantic LeftTurds at that Waste Disposal Site of a network

So ‘Bette Davis Eyes’ Ware is a Mixed Blessing, rendering unto the viewership a very uneven view of events…..

Janos Hunyadi on March 30, 2007 at 1:41 AM

I’ve heard Ware get some props (from H Hewitt, I think) for at least not being one of the Hotel Barfly correspondents, who depend on fixers and stringers, and actually getting out of the Green Zone. It does seem he’s been doing a lot of…uh…caffeine – yea, that’s it – caffeine, to be able to keep up the pace.

eeyore on March 30, 2007 at 2:34 AM

Janos Hunyadi on March 30, 2007 at 1:41 AM

Ok, so your description of him was way better than mine.

EnochCain on March 30, 2007 at 3:08 AM

How far out of the Green Zone did he do his research?

Hey, psst, 20bucks for a story, and bring me back a bagel and a smear.

Kini on March 30, 2007 at 3:16 AM

I am becoming convinced that Ware is somehow invested with our enemies at some level. I believe that he is willingly carrying their water.

The story he tells is generally at odds with Roggio and others and is always negative. It is at odds with what Michelle and Bryan have reported.

For example, he is reporting the early successes of the surge in the most favorable light for Al Qaeda and JAM. For example: Rounding up over 400 terrorists, disrupting their IED and chemical weapons factories, having the locals rat out the terrorists, especially Al Qaeda in Baghdad and Anbar forcing them to move out BECOMES they’re just laying low until they see how the surge is going.

The question is why he is lying.

georgej on March 30, 2007 at 3:54 AM

That little puke Ware can blow it out his ear, or the orifice of his choice. Typical CNN crap.

rplat on March 30, 2007 at 7:47 AM

Laying low? Gee, could the fact that the Dems are telling our enemies when we are leaving have anything to do with that?

WisCon on March 30, 2007 at 8:45 AM

ya know, if you throw a jaunty beret on his head and give hime a few medals, he could be the new Baghdad Bob.

just sayin’

stevezilla on March 30, 2007 at 8:45 AM

Whenever I see this guy, I start smelling Peter Arnett. And it’s not a pleasant oder.

Malpaso on March 30, 2007 at 9:25 AM

The point of the [South Park] episode, that everyone hates america and you are a racist if you want to profile people, wasn’t very well received by me.
lorien1973 on March 30, 2007 at 12:02 AM

No, no, no–the point they were making with the profiling business was really to make fun of Hollywood being afraid to portray terrorist characters as Muslim or Middle Eastern, as they most likely would be in real life. The stupidity of the terrorists being Russians paid by the British was a jab at that PCism.

As for it being a hand job for Hillary, I beg to differ on that as well. I felt she was portrayed quite negatively–sort of a “nothing” character. She put on a fake Southern accent for the benefit of her audience, she contributed absolutely nothing in the crisis, and she was apparently oblivious enough to have a nuke you-know-where without realizing it. They also pointed out that she and Bill have a fake marriage. None of the characters wanted to get near her, and no one was concerned about saving her. That’s not a flattering portrayal at all, in my opinion.

Sorry for the OT conversation.

aero on March 30, 2007 at 9:44 AM

I wonder when was the last time ware left his hotel in the green zone…

BadBrad on March 30, 2007 at 10:14 AM

Ware attacks Liebermann? That’s your headline? I just watched the clip and he doesn’t attack anyone.

The headline to this post is grossly inaccuate. What is this – The HuffPo?

Enrique on March 30, 2007 at 10:55 AM

Michael Ware has embedded with the insurgents, played their propaganda tapes and has more sympathy for the insurgents than our forces.

He even has the Muslim face hair so that he can gain credibility with the terrorists he loves to cover.

He should have had his press credentials canceled along time ago and thrown out of Iraq for aiding and abedding the enemy.

ScottyDog on March 30, 2007 at 11:11 AM

Just let this dildo out onto the streets of Baghdad at night to make the streets safer. He either turns into the Wolfman or a vampire, and I’m betting vampire. Dude looks seriously wired, or maybe he’s just been reprogrammed by the terrorists.

RW Wacko on March 30, 2007 at 11:20 AM

I wonder when was the last time ware left his hotel in the green zone…

BadBrad on March 30, 2007 at 10:14 AM

When he embedded himself with the islamists.

Rick on March 30, 2007 at 11:40 AM

aero, I’m a huge South Park fan, and you’re right in your analysis.

Bad Candy on March 30, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Sorry for the OT conversation.

aero on March 30, 2007 at 9:44 AM

Hmm!! You made me think about this some more. I will watch the re-run over the weekend and see if I get any of these impressions as a second go around.

Now, can you explain the global warming episode to me? LOL

lorien1973 on March 30, 2007 at 1:19 PM

I’m really bugged that I’m not getting the sarcasm of south park anymore :( Usually I get the point, but the last 2 episodes, maybe I’m not paying attention or something. Ugh.

lorien1973 on March 30, 2007 at 1:20 PM

Now, can you explain the global warming episode to me? LOL

lorien1973 on March 30, 2007 at 1:19 PM

Okay, I’ll give it a shot. ;-) The lice episode was not as good or as deep as other episodes, in my opinion. I thought it was a throw-away, really. But IF it was a commentary on global warming (and I’m not totally sure that it was–it had more of a flavor of mocking eco-alarmism in general to me), I think the point was that external forces caused the disaster of the lice’s world, and neither the alarmist nor the skeptics could have done anything to stop it–the “world” did it, not the lice. The “world” didn’t even notice the lice existed until someone pointed them out, and the “world” would have happily and healthily gone on, with or without the lice population on it. The alarmist’s survival to go to “another world” and live happily ever after with the crabs was just simple irony and crude humor. (Perhaps a jab at Travolta-types who think we need to build dome cities on the moon and other planets to survive when we ruin this one?) The eco statement there might be that, since no one tries to clean that “world,” their ecosystem is in fact safer for them.

aero on March 30, 2007 at 2:20 PM

Y’know, what’s funny about South Park (among many things) is that liberals can watch it and come away with the idea that it reinforces their worldview. And so can conservatives. For a long time I wasn’t sure which was “real,” or which was more true–if either. But over time, I’ve become certain that SP’s overall leaning is libertarian and mostly conservative, which is nothing less than stunning. I expected that I’d determine an overall liberal leaning when I set out to analyze it, but I think the libertarian/conservatism is really undeniable in too many episodes. It’s stealthy, but it’s there. The Team America movie clinched it for me.

aero on March 30, 2007 at 2:32 PM