Video: Rosie melts down on “The View”

posted at 4:28 pm on March 29, 2007 by Allahpundit

I’m not exaggerating when I say that this is the video against which all future Rosie clips will be compared. Never has so much useful idiocy about so many subjects been compressed into so little time.

It’s her finest hour.

To the best of my knowledge this is the first time she’s used the show to advance Trutherism, which would seem to present a bit of a quandary for the resident “serious journalist.” Will she continue to lend her prestige to too-nutty-for-the-nutroots anti-Americanism? Or is it time to cut Big Mama loose and preserve whatever shred of credibility the show still has left?

Update: Treacher channels the Bard of Melting Skyscrapers.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

oh fer gawds sake…give!

Tru2my2 on March 30, 2007 at 1:23 AM

Hasselbeck needs to get a hold of the Popular Mechanics article on 9/11 and shove it in Rosie’s face and make her read it….

About WTC 7 from P.M

WTC 7 Collapse
CLAIM: Seven hours after the two towers fell, the 47-story WTC 7 collapsed. According to 911review.org: “The video clearly shows that it was not a collapse subsequent to a fire, but rather a controlled demolition: amongst the Internet investigators, the jury is in on this one.”

FACT: Many conspiracy theorists point to FEMA’s preliminary report, which said there was relatively light damage to WTC 7 prior to its collapse. With the benefit of more time and resources, NIST researchers now support the working hypothesis that WTC 7 was far more compromised by falling debris than the FEMA report indicated. “The most important thing we found was that there was, in fact, physical damage to the south face of building 7,” NIST’s Sunder tells PM. “On about a third of the face to the center and to the bottom–approximately 10 stories–about 25 percent of the depth of the building was scooped out.” NIST also discovered previously undocumented damage to WTC 7′s upper stories and its southwest corner.

NIST investigators believe a combination of intense fire and severe structural damage contributed to the collapse, though assigning the exact proportion requires more research. But NIST’s analysis suggests the fall of WTC 7 was an example of “progressive collapse,” a process in which the failure of parts of a structure ultimately creates strains that cause the entire building to come down. Videos of the fall of WTC 7 show cracks, or “kinks,” in the building’s facade just before the two penthouses disappeared into the structure, one after the other. The entire building fell in on itself, with the slumping east side of the structure pulling down the west side in a diagonal collapse.

According to NIST, there was one primary reason for the building’s failure: In an unusual design, the columns near the visible kinks were carrying exceptionally large loads, roughly 2000 sq. ft. of floor area for each floor. “What our preliminary analysis has shown is that if you take out just one column on one of the lower floors,” Sunder notes, “it could cause a vertical progression of collapse so that the entire section comes down.”

There are two other possible contributing factors still under investigation: First, trusses on the fifth and seventh floors were designed to transfer loads from one set of columns to another. With columns on the south face apparently damaged, high stresses would likely have been communicated to columns on the building’s other faces, thereby exceeding their load-bearing capacities.

Second, a fifth-floor fire burned for up to 7 hours. “There was no firefighting in WTC 7,” Sunder says. Investigators believe the fire was fed by tanks of diesel fuel that many tenants used to run emergency generators. Most tanks throughout the building were fairly small, but a generator on the fifth floor was connected to a large tank in the basement via a pressurized line. Says Sunder: “Our current working hypothesis is that this pressurized line was supplying fuel [to the fire] for a long period of time.”

WTC 7 might have withstood the physical damage it received, or the fire that burned for hours, but those combined factors–along with the building’s unusual construction–were enough to set off the chain-reaction collapse.

mlong on March 30, 2007 at 1:32 AM

Eat At The Y !

SilverStar830 on March 30, 2007 at 1:36 AM

This daily episodic noncognitive heave by Rosie is relatively simple to elucidate.
Rosie isn’t Betty, she’s Fred!

Speakup on March 30, 2007 at 1:46 AM

I don’t actually have soiled or bloodstained underwear, and yes I think that’s disgusting.
RightWinged on March 30, 2007 at 12:58 AM

LOL. I can’t imagine anyone questioned that, but thanks for the clarification.

Sean Penn, and the rest of the crowd, are actually fairly good actors.
billy on March 30, 2007 at 1:03 AM

Perhaps they are, but I still won’t go see their movies. For me, there’s a line entertainers cannot cross. Once I know anything about their political views, I do not view them as serious actors. To me, an actor is someone who can take on any role; any character; and be completely believable. Once you know the person on a personal level, their talent is diminished and all you know is the personal. The facade is forever gone. This, to me, is the mistake Hollywood activists make. They remove their ability to be actor-chameleons once they start telling you their political beliefs, the characters they try to portray ultimately become tainted.

thedecider on March 30, 2007 at 1:52 AM

“Fire never melted steel in the history of mankind.”

Uh, how does that fat cow think we melt steel in our foundries and steel mills?

infidel4life on March 29, 2007 at 11:41 PM

“infidel,”

Maybe she thinks it works by magic!

Maybe she thinks the Easter Bunny did it.

Perhaps it is evolution.

Or, perhaps it just does not bend at all. Maybe it is really just a conspiracy perpetrated by George W. Bush and everyone else is just a sucker for George’s diabolical plan.

William

William2006 on March 30, 2007 at 3:09 AM

Rosie looks like the bowel movement I just flushed down the toielt, ….. sounded like her too……..

PinkyBigglesworth on March 30, 2007 at 3:18 AM

The biggest threat to democracy in 200 years? Can someone elighten me as to what happened in the early 19th century in America that threatened democracy because I don’t have a clue.

aengus on March 29, 2007 at 9:20 PM

She has no idea either, it’s all just part of her verbal dysentery.

Let’s see, threats to democracy in 1807… She’s no doubt referring to Robert Fulton starting the first commercial steamboat service in the world–imagine the effect that had on “global warming”! /moonbat off

ReubenJCogburn on March 30, 2007 at 4:17 AM

Oh God… I waited until I had an empty stomach to watch this.

Check out Joy Behar’s face (like I said, empty stomach) at the beginning: it’s the perfect “I’m Bill Clinton and don’t you dare question my integrity and I’m gonna say this one more time and I want you to listen” face. I.e., if you expose my lies I will kill you. The face Chris Wallace still has nightmares about.

saint kansas on March 30, 2007 at 4:47 AM

“Fire never melted steel in the history of mankind.”

Uh, how does that fat cow think we melt steel in our foundries and steel mills?

Whoa, hold on Professor Brainiac. Are you questioning Dr. Rosie?

The history of steel. Google it.

saint kansas on March 30, 2007 at 4:55 AM

Okay, all of that stuff in the beginning was pretty bad… but dude… “the first time in history steel was melted by fire.”

She honestly operates on a lower level than most children I know.

Mark Jaquith on March 30, 2007 at 5:08 AM

If you play the video backwards at half-speed you will hear Rosie clearly say:

Gaia willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural… fluids.

Stephen M on March 30, 2007 at 5:14 AM

Does the stupid feedback form at The View’s website work for anyone?

I’m really pissed about this. I want every one of these stupid rants etched into a lead plate and hung around Barbara Walters’ neck, since she at least wishes to go out with some sort of integrity. I think.

So WTC7 was an inside job. Indisputable, right? So who did it? “I don’t know.”

Yes, the probing mind of the modern journalist. Who took down WTC7? I don’t know. Why? I don’t know. How’d they do it? I don’t know. Listen, I just know it happened, OK?

saint kansas on March 30, 2007 at 6:31 AM

I want to refuse to watch movies by these types, but their numbers are constantly growing in Hollywood, and there wouldn’t be much available for me to watch if I took a real stand and cut out movies with every whacked out lib.

RightWinged on March 30, 2007 at 1:06 AM

Ah feel yore pain, man. If we worried too much about the politics of everyone who provides us with a good or service, pretty soon we’d end up running around in the woods in loincloths eating roots and berries. So as long as they’re on the screen and doing work I enjoy, I tend to give them a pass. I once read somewhere, for example, that Sarah Polley describes herself first as an “activist,” which can’t be good. But she’s absolutely adorable in No Such Thing, one of my favorite movies.

For George Clooney, however, I make an exception. I’ll never watch one of his movies again. But that’s not because he’s a flaming liberal; it’s because he’s an unconscionable pr!ck. You have to be a real jerk to make fun of someone having Alzheimer’s, and when he did that to Charlton Heston it really pissed me off.

p.v. cornelius on March 30, 2007 at 6:35 AM

p.v. cornelius on March 30, 2007 at 6:35 AM

I should clarify one thing… as I said, I’d like to be able to boycott movies that star these libs, but then I’d be left with nothing to watch. I should make clear that in a way, I actually do boycott them… For starters, I almost never go to the movie theater because it’s just ridiculously expensive… I can wait 4 or 5 months the same movies on DVD on eBay for the same price if not cheaper than a ticket. Beyond that, I won’t buy DVDs with these people (generally). I mean, it’s at the point where I’m pissed at myself for owning Crash because Ludacris is in it, but I’m sorry, it’s a really cool movie. But out of the rest of my collection, there isn’t really anything starring one of these outspoken libs in Hollywood, with the exception of Blow which stars Johnny Depp. The next closest I’d say would be Vanilla Sky (Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz), or 12 Monkeys (Brad Pitt). But it pisses me off that I won’t allow myself to buy classics like the Shawshank Redemption (Tim Robbins), etc.

RightWinged on March 30, 2007 at 6:50 AM

I couldn’t get the stupid View feedback forms to work, so I wrote to Clorox instead, since they sponsor the page.

The feedback forms at ABC’s website keep returning an error, so I clicked here instead.

Why is Clorox buying Rosie O’Donnell airtime to spread her “9/11 was an inside job” accusations?

I hated doing that, but I just don’t have to money to buy the sort of free speech this woman has. Grrrr…

saint kansas on March 30, 2007 at 7:08 AM

Believe me, Brian Frons, the head of this ABC Division has, yes, I am embarrassed, ruined ABC Daytime soaps with his decisions regarding actors, storylines, etc. The View also falls under his direction and I’m telling you, the man only sees ratings even if people are only watching to see this train wreck. I stopped watching when she came on in September because I hated the way she treated other people. I’ve only watched clips on youtube and now hotair. O’Reilly said last night their ratings are down by 500,000 since January, but ratings are still up compared to before she came. The only way I see her going is if the ratings do drop lower than when she came or if she decides to leave on her own. As of now, she has a platform for her wacko views and I think Barbara has lost control of the show from what I’ve read even though she supposedly owns part of it. Rosie got rid of Barbara’s producer, Bill Geddie, who used to sit in the front of the audience and interact with the ladies. In September, her own personal producer sat behind him I’m told and Rosie would direct questions to her and ignore him. He’s no longer sits there so Barbara seems a little powerless sorry to say.

deedledee on March 30, 2007 at 7:34 AM

“The View”….Mickey Mouse club for libs starring Rosie as Goofy!

Golfer_75093 on March 30, 2007 at 8:17 AM

So the Rosie Show is back on the air? Who were the three guests and why was she berating one of them?

zerodamage on March 30, 2007 at 8:23 AM

Damn http://www.saveelizabeth.com‘s gone! Hope they don’t mean ELIZ NJ!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on March 30, 2007 at 8:38 AM

RightWinged said

It’s easy to hear “there was no plane debris found at the Pentagon” and think “whoa!”, and take it at face value because why would someone so blatantly lie when they could get busted if they were? In fact that is a total lie, but do you think the average person is going out to google that. And even if they do, they’re mainly going to find more truther sites due to the type of keywords they’d be searching.

I just googled Rosie and Truther to see who was talking about it, and even when the original post was scathing a depressing number of threads degenerated pretty quickly into “hey, she’s got a point. Fire doesn’t melt steel!” SouthPark is right, 25% of Americans really are idiots.

Quisp on March 30, 2007 at 8:48 AM

I know that Sun Tzu says, “Know your enemy, better than you know yourself”… but Rosie isn’t anyone. She’s a LOUDMOUTHED, clueless, idiot who’s been reading a whole lot of conspiracy theories on the internet, and believes it. A few days ago, an article posted on the FR explained about folks like this. “Why Bad Beliefs Don’t Die” — basically attributing such things to “survival”. Perhaps, but even so, it is difficult to convince someone who has gotten a notion into their head, albeit, a WRONG notion, to change their thinking.

So, my question is, why do we listen or care what she has to say? Why do we become her audience when she is like this? In fact, why do we give any actor, whose main job is to ACT or ENTERTAIN an audience at all? Ignore them and they will eventually go away and shut the hell up.

Rick Donaldson on March 30, 2007 at 9:07 AM

It took fire melting steel to make the large spoon she uses to shovel sour cream and butter into her cakehole.

I mean, that is dumb not to know that heat can possibly change the form of steel, even for a woman, or “woman”.

Has she ever seen those movies where they make swords and stuff, maybe wondered why the blacksmith heats up the horseshoe, has she watched that American Chopper show?

For the love of God she is a dumbass.

benrand on March 30, 2007 at 9:09 AM

When Rosie melted did she turn semi-solid, like a block of lard, or did she turn into a greasy puddle like you have after frying bacon?

Booo on March 30, 2007 at 9:15 AM

Time to nuke the whole US experiment from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

Jeff G on March 29, 2007 at 6:06 PM

I prefer, “This is Bishop. I’m afraid I have some bad news.” Hudson, “That’s a switch.”

This prefectly describes news coming out of DC now.

VikingGoneWild on March 30, 2007 at 9:28 AM

Rosie forgot to mention that WTC7 housed, amoung other things,the Secret Service and FBI. I suppose they were the real targets of this “Explosion”. She might want to have one of them on the view to see how they enjoyed their time on that island sifting through the rubble on those conveyor belts for the least bit of body parts or momentos for grief stricken family members.

driller on March 30, 2007 at 10:14 AM

She’s just saying what lefties think. Yes, this is what most of the people left of center actually think and they shouldn’t even try to deny it. Watch; she’ll get a high profile seat at the DNC.

foxforce91 on March 30, 2007 at 10:32 AM

This clip of Rosie is a festival of ignorance. I got quite a chuckle out of the part where Rosie says that Sep 11 was the first time that fire ever melted steel. These are the people who think they’re smarter than us. We’re fighting chimps.

Thank goodness that the ignorance and irrationality of the Left is showcased on national TV for all the world to see. These Truther theories are the cutting edge of lefty thought. Rosie now joins Michael Moore as one of the leading thinkers of the Left. Now that she is making a fool of herself and the Left on the View, we should pin the tail on the donkey. We should now torture the lefties by making them defend Rosie’s views. The more nonsense Rosie spouts, the more we can marginalize the Left as a collection of kooks and radicals.

Tantor on March 30, 2007 at 11:03 AM

Rosie is a perfect example of why the Islamic supremacists believe they will win. I rest my case.

shaken on March 30, 2007 at 11:16 AM

rosie the pig is what she is…a lib dem…they all think and talk like that…she can’t be any thing else but a lib dem…what was Popeye’s famous quote…’I am what….’

areseaoh on March 30, 2007 at 11:19 AM

I can’t press play either.

I have only one question: how many people who watch this crap actually fall for her stupidity?

Sadly – I think the answer is far too many.

I still can’t stop laughing over Rosie explaining structural thermodynamics. Remember the good old days, where you used to actually have SOME knowledge of a subject … before you’d publicly offer your opinion?

Professor Blather on March 30, 2007 at 11:33 AM

Sorry if it’s been mentioned – I’m too sick of this crap to even read through the comments – but did you catch Danny Bonaduce on Scarborough last night?

I’m not exactly his biggest fan … or wasn’t until last night …. but he actually said, and I quote: “If we can find a rope big enough to hold her, she should be strung up for treason.”

Oh. Hell. Yeah. I actually cheered. And that from a Hollywood type.

I really do want to know: where exactly do we draw the line for treason and sedition? Does that line no longer exist? Apparently not.

Professor Blather on March 30, 2007 at 11:37 AM

………..

For the love of God she is a dumbass.

benrand on March 30, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Thanks. I really needed a good laugh, and that did it!

Professor Blather on March 30, 2007 at 11:42 AM

Perhaps she could also talk to the family of Special Agent Craig Miller, who died in the collapse of WTC 7.

dorkafork on March 30, 2007 at 11:47 AM

I feel like I just got hit with the Wookie Defense…

Look at the monkey! Look at the silly monkey!

Aaaaah![head explodes]

PaisleyCow on March 30, 2007 at 11:48 AM

Babs successfully reigned in two beasts today- Big Rosie and Cow-man Manheim.

Valiant on March 30, 2007 at 11:48 AM

Debbie, who would be on your preferred list to be the conservative on the [Dismal] View? Aside from you, Mary Matalin is the only one I can think of presently.

DannoJyd on March 29, 2007 at 6:31 PM

OMG, Can you imagine. Rosie’s head would explode from the close proximity to Darth Cheney. Mary Matalin would wipe the floor with Rosie and do it with a lovely smile. Ahhh…nice dream.

KelliD on March 30, 2007 at 11:53 AM

The only time I watch the O’Donnell troll is on Hot Air clips. Every time I hear this obnoxious, ignorant, stupid troll it gives me new reason to remember who gave it airtime: Barbara Walters.

Since I do not watch the View or anything with Walters in it, knowing who the commercial sponsors of these shows are would be a good thing. Inquiring minds want to know who not to buy from.

Perhaps Hot Air will include a list of sponsors every time they post something containing the O’Donnell troll or Walters.

omegaram on March 30, 2007 at 12:47 PM

DannoJyd on March 29, 2007 at 6:31 PM

MICHELLE! Although she’d have to undergo a labotomy to level the playing field with those nimwits.

silenced majority on March 30, 2007 at 1:10 PM

omegaram on March 30, 2007 at 12:47 PM

I was searching high and low this morning for information on advertisers on The View but couldn’t find anything online. It’d be great to boycott their advertisers, but I’d have to actually watch the show to find out who they are.

flipflop on March 30, 2007 at 1:12 PM

The chair she sits in WISHES it could be burned by “foyah” so that it could melt and not have to go through it’s life trying to support that rotund beast lardbutt.

benrand on March 30, 2007 at 2:09 PM

She can eat her own weight in “stupid”.

crushliberalism on March 30, 2007 at 2:45 PM

Damian P. on March 30, 2007 at 2:49 PM

popular mechanics

is part of the military-industrial complex

head researcher was chertoff’s nephew

google it

Damian P. on March 30, 2007 at 2:49 PM

I got in to a battle with some Truther over this once… He kept pulling out that Chertoff’s nephew crap, and I demanded he show me any evidence for this, that wasn’t just a baseless allegation made by Alex Jones, and I dug as much as I could on my own. Ben Chertoff is not related to Michael Chertoff, or at least not to their knowledge (meaning they’d be distant relatives who are unaware of it, but that’s even unlikely).

That’s another one of the allegations that you read, and in a pile of thousands of others, the average reader things these “questions need to be answered”, even thought it’s total BS to begin with.

RightWinged on March 30, 2007 at 3:02 PM

Rightwinged, i gave up movies 5 years 1 month 14 days ago

mymanpotsandpans on March 30, 2007 at 3:30 PM

Oh my! Do we blame the Department of Education and the NEA for this?

doginblack on March 30, 2007 at 3:47 PM

Nominations for the conservative
counterweight to Rosie on The View?

Well, the perfect choice would be
Barbara Olson, but she’s no longer
available.

Is Bay Buchanan doing anything?

Rev Snow on March 30, 2007 at 10:14 PM

I watched an episode of south park this week and it is clear that rosie is shoving food up her butt. judging by the turkey that martha stewart got up her butt, and the amount of crap that comes out of rosie’s mouth, rosie must be able to take a whole side of beef!

csdeven on March 31, 2007 at 1:12 AM

The little blond ought to cut her losses and get as far away from the other moon bat brain drained liberal fools sitting there with her as possible. Who would watch such lying anti America trash on TV. If that’s “entertainment”, then my TV is going into the garbage can.

NRA4Freedom on March 31, 2007 at 2:21 PM

csdeven on March 31, 2007 at 1:12 AM

That was just SO bad, and I’m lovin it! Extra points given for relevancy.

DannoJyd on March 31, 2007 at 2:31 PM

Nominations for the conservative
counterweight to Rosie on The View?

Well, the perfect choice would be
Barbara Olson, but she’s no longer
available.

Is Bay Buchanan doing anything?

Rev Snow on March 30, 2007 at 10:14 PM

I have thought this so many times, but never posted it. I miss Barbara very much. She was not only lovely to behold, she was brillant and could slice and dice a liberal, all the way smiling in that charming Barbara way.

Glynn on March 31, 2007 at 6:42 PM

Here’s the Popular Mechanics smack down of Rosie:

Tantor on March 31, 2007 at 8:11 PM

All those hags clapping in agreement with that hag. Stygian Witches.

Poor Elizabeth. They will probably eat her if she runs.

Black Adam on April 1, 2007 at 4:19 AM

One thing that seems perfectly clear to me is that after you get the truthers to admit that the debris from WTC 1 hit WTC 7 with the force of a volcanic eruption, they then have to explain how the pre-rigged explosives in WTC 7 survived those forces. Even if you could shield the explosives, how do you shield the wires that connect the explosives? If one percent of the wires were damaged, the controlled demolition would fail.

This seems to be the same mentality that fuels the global warming craze. They start with an assumed reason for the event and then set out to make the facts fit their predisposed conclusion. For crying out loud! I have a high school education with a couple years of community college and I can figure this out. When did such a large segment of society become unable to think ratinally? Is it the public school system?

csdeven on April 1, 2007 at 12:17 PM

OT: Are we able/allowed to embed YouTube videos here in the comments area?

I think it’s possible, but no way to know for sure without testing it.

In order to avoid potentially breaking a current thread, I’ve gone into the archives to find an old thread where there are no recent comments to place my test comment.

MattSkosh on August 17, 2007 at 11:38 PM

MattSkosh on August 17, 2007 at 11:38 PM

First test:

MattSkosh on August 17, 2007 at 11:40 PM

MattSkosh on August 17, 2007 at 11:40 PM

Hmm. Didn’t work at all. Not even showing fragments of the embed code. Oh well!

MattSkosh on August 17, 2007 at 11:41 PM

Second test:

MattSkosh on August 17, 2007 at 11:44 PM

MattSkosh on August 17, 2007 at 11:44 PM

Again it didn’t work, nor even come close apparently.

It seems that linking to them is all that we readers can do. That’s good enough, I guess.

MattSkosh on August 17, 2007 at 11:48 PM