Video: MC Rove breaks it down

posted at 12:59 am on March 29, 2007 by Allahpundit

He gots more rhymes than Henry Wax got subpoenas;
Blew the election though they call him a genius.
Frogmarch is coming if you know what I mean.
We ain’t winning again ’til 2014.

From tonight’s Radio and Television Correspondents’ Dinner. Bush killed.

Comments

Oh God!!! He can’t dance! He can’t even bounce, but he’s got great attitude. Anyone in this administration that would voluntarily share a stage with that stooge Gregory deserves great KUDOS!! Hey, Hey…go Rove! Go Rove!

sharinlite on March 29, 2007 at 1:08 AM

The man has flat feet. . . .

Texyank on March 29, 2007 at 1:09 AM

OH MY GOD
THAT WAS SCARY MAN! I”M SCARRREED!

Defector01 on March 29, 2007 at 1:09 AM

Stay up a little late and catch that truly video. Nice.

Sacrifice, Allah. Sacrifice.

Good Lt on March 29, 2007 at 1:11 AM

truly (fill in the blank with awesome modifier) video

Good Lt on March 29, 2007 at 1:12 AM

Where is President Bush’s speech Allah?

PinkyBigglesworth on March 29, 2007 at 1:24 AM

Maybe it’s just projection on my part, but I thought I saw behind Gregory’s half-smile “God, I hate that man…”

eeyore on March 29, 2007 at 1:28 AM

Terminal Caucasianity (can I say that?)

baldilocks on March 29, 2007 at 1:34 AM

Just got back from the dinner. Thanks to Erick Stakelbeck, Bryan and I were guests of our friends at CBN News.

I’m sure Bryan will weigh in on, among other things, his chat with the lovely, talented, and fellow Texan, E.D. Hill.

Anyway, the whole affair was like being caught in an episode of Surreal Life–and Rove was Flavor Flav.

Honestly, he was cringe-inducing. I’ll say more in the morning after a few winks of sleep. Maybe my negative reaction will soften. But I doubt it. I’m with Baldilocks.

Bush seemed tired, but he was game and genuinely funny (although the Cheney shooting jokes were way overdone). Brian Williams, I hate to admit, also was a hit with the audience. The guy did a good Johnny Cash impression and is a human sound machine.

These are the things the media elite prize.

The most moving part of the night for me was meeting wounded Army vet Jake Keeslar and his beautiful wife. They were also guests of CBN. He lost both his legs in an IED explosion in Rawa, Iraq last June. (Here’s CBN reporter Melissa Charbonneau’s report.) He and his wife spoke about their positive experience at Walter Reed; we also chatted with Jake about conditions in Iraq and the evolving nature of attacks on American troops.

Both Bryan and I found it rather unsettling that the inside-the-Beltway media crowd gave Bob Woodruff a standing ovation, but not the veterans in the audience. Not to take anything away from Woodruff, but how about some priorities?

Most touching moment of the night: The presentation of the David Bloom award by his three beautiful daughters–the youngest so small you could only see the tippy-top of her head. The rest of her was blocked by the lectern until Woodruff lifted her up. The award went to Steve Centanni and Olaf Wiig. Centanni profusely praised the Bush administration and the State Department, talked about the need to cover the “Palestinian side of the story” (hmmm) and made a strange remark expressing gratitude toward his fellow journalists for coordinating their efforts and NOT covering the story–apparently while negotiations for their release were ongoing.

Um, that’s the first I ever heard “coordination” explicitly referred to in reference to the case. It provides the answer to the question so many readers asked me at the time of the ordeal: Why weren’t more media outlets covering the story? It also raises more questions about who coordinated and how such an extraordinary agreement among journalists NOT to do their jobs came about…

“What liberal media?” moment of the night: The rousing applause and unabashed cheers from the crowd when Nancy Pelosi was introduced.

Blink. Blink. Blink.

Michelle on March 29, 2007 at 1:45 AM

Rove starts to look like the professor in Back to the Future with that hair.

And I’ll bet he wishes he could get there… ah, the good old future when Libyan terrorists were our only problem!

profitsbeard on March 29, 2007 at 1:45 AM

That’s it, Allah, you’ve done it now–We’re going to need more Allah rapping and we’re going to need it regularly.

Alex K on March 29, 2007 at 1:54 AM

He pulls out his celly.

now that’s funny

Opinionnation on March 29, 2007 at 1:58 AM

I watched some of this. It really was funny.

Connie on March 29, 2007 at 1:59 AM

I… that was… uh…

Jim Treacher on March 29, 2007 at 2:02 AM

I’m with Baldilocks.

See now, Michelle? Now we’ll both be in trouble. :-)

baldilocks on March 29, 2007 at 2:02 AM

Thanks M – you are a Tru gem.

Tru2my2 on March 29, 2007 at 2:12 AM

If they were looking for an emcee, they should have gotten Vocab Malone, about the only Republican Hip Hop artist I know…

Tim Burton on March 29, 2007 at 2:14 AM

But did they do scenes from a hat?

- The Cat

MirCat on March 29, 2007 at 2:18 AM

If I’d just strategerized the loss of the congress and the demoralization of the GOP, I wouldn’t be dancing.

Halley on March 29, 2007 at 2:30 AM

David Gregory almost did the “white man overbite” while trying to find the beat….

Mallard T. Drake on March 29, 2007 at 2:37 AM

“We have to win back the confidence we lost in ’06 from swing voters and ticket splitters,” said Mehlman. “The way you do that, in part, is by being a party that is less reliant on white guys and expands its support among Hispanics, among African-Americans.”

Terminal Caucasianity (can I say that?)
baldilocks on March 29, 2007 at 1:34 AM

I’m with Baldilocks.
Michelle on March 29, 2007 at 1:45 AM

Well, i’ll tell you what, maybe all us white guys should stay home next election and watch the rest of you lose in a land slide.

forged rite on March 29, 2007 at 3:03 AM

Science forbid any of the white politicians would have any sense of rythym.

I’ve never seen anyone look more like a goon. Is that the “I’m A Little Teapot” dance he starts doing about halfway through, or just some exaggerated pliers?

PaisleyCow on March 29, 2007 at 3:04 AM

The Rove thing brought a temporary smile to my face, then reality once again set in when I read the link about the GOP prospects in upcoming elections. Am I the only one here getting a little…depressed over the trends in the country? Am I the only who thinks things are becoming more, um, hopeless? I always thought good would prevail over evil, America would remain a center-right country, and we wouldn’t betray our principles and follow Europe on the road to secularism and ultra liberalism. But that seems to be exactly what’s happening, and I’m having a really hard time coming to terms with all this…

Patriot33 on March 29, 2007 at 3:17 AM

Greatest Dance Ever™.

But seriously, thanks to my buddies at THE DAMN SHOW/STANKERVISION…HOW TO DANCE LIKE A WHITE GUY

fusionaddict on March 29, 2007 at 6:22 AM

Rove showed them that he is as real as any liberal….Oh no…not that!

lynnv on March 29, 2007 at 8:00 AM

Two-faced fat heads. Come and entertain me tonite while I call you Hitler tomorrow. I don’t get it.

frreal on March 29, 2007 at 8:03 AM

HEY! Enough with the “white male” stereotypes! What are you people a bunch of anti-white bigots? I bet you think we all drive pickup trucks with gun racks and Confederate flag window stickers too! Off to rehab with the lot of you and don’t come back until you’ve all learned how to behave!

Wow – it’s fun to feign indignation – LOL! You can see how the Left became addicted to it.

TheBigOldDog on March 29, 2007 at 8:07 AM

That reminds me of something…

John on March 29, 2007 at 8:15 AM

John on March 29, 2007 at 8:15 AM

ROFLMAO! How did I miss that? “We may be vanilla but our labs are chocolate” Bwahaha!

Ok. now off to rehab with you John for distributing ant-white stereotype propaganda!

TheBigOldDog on March 29, 2007 at 8:31 AM

That was a freaking riot!!!!!!

Wonder what the Kos Kidz thought?

;0)

Lonevoice on March 29, 2007 at 8:48 AM

MirCat,

Just “Sound Effects,” with NBC’s Brian Williams and a female volunteer attempting to belch out “Battle Hymn of the Republic.”

aunursa on March 29, 2007 at 9:03 AM

Wow, Rove is about as awkward as I would expect him to be. He’s a good sport though, I respect him for that. I think 4 or 5 more drinks before he got on stage would have helped him tremendously, and you think they could have given him a few more lines instead of just expecting him to prance around for 3 minutes.

JaHerer22 on March 29, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Conservatives upset with Roves mishandling of the Dance asked Rove to step down amidst and a democrat investigation of his dancing abilities.

tomas on March 29, 2007 at 9:13 AM

Can Obama dance?

Just wondering.

JackM on March 29, 2007 at 9:48 AM

He looks like Dr. Evil trying to dance. Is that David Gregory up there with him? I’m surprised he didn’t try to push Rove off the stage.

WisCon on March 29, 2007 at 11:04 AM

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I thought that was awesome, mostly because it was soooo horrible.

But really, what would anyone expect? It would be weird if he could dance to a beat like that.

Esthier on March 29, 2007 at 11:48 AM

TheBigOldDog on March 29, 2007 at 8:31 AM

If these things were being said about any other race there would be hell to pay and the people who said it would probably be banned from this site. And it goes much further than comments on a website. It’s this type of attitude that allows affirmative action to exist. There are thousands (if not millions) of white people (especially white males) who will never know what the full potential of their lives could have been because of the oppurtinities denied them through affirmitiive action laws.

forged rite on March 29, 2007 at 12:50 PM

yes…white males are soooo oppressed…We can only hope in this society stacked against the white male that one day the dream of a white-male president can be realized.

crr6 on March 29, 2007 at 1:49 PM

crr6 on March 29, 2007 at 1:49 PM

What’s sad about liberals like you crr6, is that you’re oblivious to your own hypocrisy. You scream and scream about discrimination against non-whites, yet, for the past 35 years, the only legal discrimination has been against whites. You make sarcastic statements about rich white people, but you conveniently ignore that the majority of people living in poverty are white. I spent a big part of my childhood living on food stamps. I used to go to school an hour early on monday mornings to stand in line with a bunch of other evil, advantaged, white kids so we could get our free lunch tickets for the week. And yet , during this time (and to this day) liberals like you ignored poor white people and supported laws that discriminate against them.

forged rite on March 29, 2007 at 2:15 PM

the majority of poor americans are white yes, but blacks are grossly disproportionately poor….why do you think that is? And yes there has been AA the past 35 years, but has it caused whites as a whole to become a disadvantaged race? no. Has it provided opportunities to minorities and women who would normally not been able to get them because of systematic discrimination biases etc? yes. One could argue that whites have been “discriminated against” for the past 35 years (although this is debatable…discrimination against an affluent majority is different then against a poorer minority),but who was enslaved, and then legally discriminated against for hundreds of years before that?
And to your last point…liberals are hardly known for discriminating against any kind of poor people…white or black, liberal tax policies,welfare etrc all provide aid to the poor.

crr6 on March 29, 2007 at 2:54 PM

Mallard T. Drake on March 29, 2007 at 2:37 AM

Ha ! ! D.G. is a white man overbite.

Texyank on March 29, 2007 at 3:14 PM

forged rite on March 29, 2007 at 3:03 AM

See I knew somebody would cry. Relax it’s not that serious.

baldilocks on March 29, 2007 at 3:37 PM

See I knew somebody would cry. Relax it’s not that serious.

baldilocks on March 29, 2007 at 3:37 PM

And i knew you would respond by saying don’t take it seriously. It’s what people like you always do. So take your crying remark and shove it up your ass.

forged rite on March 29, 2007 at 4:04 PM

I can’t jump, either.

Heather Mills has better feet. (Did I say that out loud?)

kevcad on March 29, 2007 at 4:32 PM

It’s what people like you always do.

And what exactly is the description of “people lie me.”

So take your crying remark and shove it up your ass.

forged rite on March 29, 2007 at 4:04 PM

Spoken like a true Internet Bada**. Oooo, what a brave soul!!

My actual name is Juliette A. Ochieng and I’m locatated easily enough. You’re welcome to try to assist me in the endeavor you suggested. Good Luck.

baldilocks on March 29, 2007 at 4:45 PM

So take your crying remark and shove it up your ass.

= “Mommy, that crazy, bald girl is bothering meeeee….whaahhh!!!”

baldilocks on March 29, 2007 at 4:53 PM

I assumed you were a guy, but putting your full name on here wasn’t very smart. You might want to get Allah to delete it before some nut actually takes you up on your offer.

forged rite on March 29, 2007 at 5:29 PM

My full name is on the “About” page of my blog and has been for years. Thanks for your concern for my safety, however.

So, I suppose that since I’m a woman that I am allowed to tease you about crying….cool.

baldilocks on March 29, 2007 at 5:46 PM

Hmm, after watching that, maybe I’m not the whitest man in America after all.

ReubenJCogburn on March 29, 2007 at 6:01 PM

baldilocks on March 29, 2007 at 5:46 P

M

Well, after reading your about page, you sound pretty hot…..so tease me all you want.

Seriously though, you sound like a tuff chick, so i’m not going to mess with you. =)

forged rite on March 29, 2007 at 9:57 PM

Peace, love and tranquility to you. :-)

baldilocks on March 29, 2007 at 10:29 PM