Heart-ache: Fake dog poo drives wedge between English, Scots

posted at 1:46 pm on March 29, 2007 by Allahpundit

The Euro-drift towards criminalization of all things offensive continues apace! First they came for the fake dog shinola, and I did nothing…

A Scottish company has been slammed for inviting customers to “send a poo” to an Englishman on St George’s Day.

Edinburgh-based firm PostaPoo.com is selling plastic “realistic poo” to send to “your favourite (or least favourite) Englishman” to mark April 23.

Customers are given the choice between human or dog-style excrement, wrapped in tissue paper along with a personal message set beside the English flag.

But members of the English Democrats Party, which is campaigning for an English Parliament, questioned the stunt’s legality.

Robin Tilbrook, the [English Democrats Party's] national chairman, said: “The company’s website says they will not send this so-called ‘practical joke’ if the message is deemed threatening, racist, homophobic, or displays religious bigotry.

“It appears to me to be threatening, possibly racist and without question bigoted. It’s certainly offensive and possibly an offence.”

The site is down but the Sun has a screencap, in case you want to sample their product offerings.

Exit question: Wouldn’t more prank-playing help reduce political tensions? Imagine if, every now and then, Pelosi slipped a whoopee cushion on Bush’s chair.

Imagine it.

whoopee.jpg

Comments

FREEEEEEE-DOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!

Slublog on March 29, 2007 at 1:49 PM

Or if Bush sent a little gift to Pelosi from PostaPoo.com?

amerpundit on March 29, 2007 at 1:55 PM

Where do you stand on dog poop?

saint kansas on March 29, 2007 at 2:04 PM

Where do you stand on dog poop?

I try not to stand on dog poop – I tend to wear sandals a lot.

psrch on March 29, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Slightly off topic-I don’t care who you are…a big dog taking a dump poop is ALWAYS funny.

KelliD on March 29, 2007 at 2:16 PM

I try not to stand on dog poop – I tend to wear sandals a lot.

psrch on March 29, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Looks like dog poop, smells like dog poop, feels like dog poop, tastes like dog poop. Sure glad I didn’t step in it.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on March 29, 2007 at 2:21 PM

Where do you stand on dog poop?
I try not to stand on dog poop – I tend to wear sandals a lot.

psrch on March 29, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Kind of what I was thinking. I don’t know about SK. :)

brtex on March 29, 2007 at 2:29 PM

A real Scotsman would never pay to send poo to an Englishman. It’s not frugal.

He’d make it himself!

Trooper on March 29, 2007 at 2:34 PM

Might be a fun gag to leave some behind in one of those Minneapolis taxis. Assuming of course, you aren’t carrying any alcohol or have a guide dog. A little “CAIR” package, if you will.

shaken on March 29, 2007 at 2:34 PM

I’m Scottish, and my people are nothing if not classy…and subtle. ;)

Malpaso on March 29, 2007 at 2:35 PM

Looks like Nancy is giving Bush a prostrate exam.

Kini on March 29, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Hi Gang,

You can lookup deleted web sites on the Wayback Machine here:

This poo page was not archived since may of 2006 so it doesn’t show this lampoon but you can see the general situation.

Bookmark the link to find other, even ancient, closed web sites.

RC2 on March 29, 2007 at 2:58 PM

That’s just disgusting and outrageous! Now, if we were talking about plastic vomit…

stonemeister on March 29, 2007 at 3:47 PM

A real Scotsman would never pay to send poo to an Englishman. It’s not frugal.

He’d make it himself!

Trooper on March 29, 2007 at 2:34 PM

Ah nah, a Scotsman would have to pay to make it himself, he’d send someone else’s.

Unless George plans on wearing a powdered wig he should lose the Ben Franklin specs.

Speakup on March 29, 2007 at 3:50 PM

I don’t know what I was thinking! A real Scotsman would bet a man that so and so is sending poo in the mail and then pay so and so about 1/4 the amount of the bet to send it.

Speakup on March 29, 2007 at 3:54 PM

Get it right….”If it’s no Scottish, it’s crrrap”.

Now that England is a Muslim country, it’s even more offensive. Kind of like sending them a bottle of scotch and watching them twist in their sheets.

Hening on March 29, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Actually, first they came forcing us to wear seatbelts…
Then they forced our kids to ride in high chairs in the backseat…
Then they said smoking should be illegal…
Then they said we shouldn’t be allowed to use trans-fats…
THEN they came for our fake dog poo.

Kevin M on March 29, 2007 at 5:12 PM

KelliD on March 29, 2007 at 2:16 PM

The image is a woman, with a large dog and no bag, and the dog on a neighborhood lawn doing his business. She is frantically looking around hoping no one sees her. A little toot of the horn and a wave as you pass always brings a smile to my face.

right2bright on March 29, 2007 at 5:35 PM

Would it be less offensive if it was an American flag instead? Apparently so.

bookwurm322 on March 29, 2007 at 5:46 PM

“Send oop y’r best doggie poo!”

mojo on March 29, 2007 at 6:01 PM

Just Poop?

kahall on March 29, 2007 at 8:17 PM

I have an idea. Why not send them a toy sailor/marine next to the english flag instead?

unamused on March 29, 2007 at 9:25 PM

I try not to stand on dog poop – I tend to wear sandals a lot.

psrch on March 29, 2007 at 2:11 PM

If you walk on just about any street in Europe, and you’re bound to walk a lot, it’s almost inevitable…like NY used to be. But, heh, they are the advanced and superior elite Rosie bows to.

When they step in it, they swear a lot and really lose it. However, none would consider promoting actually doing something about it…like, just picking up after their way-too-fat apartment-dwelling adorable pets.

Entelechy on March 29, 2007 at 11:25 PM