HuffPo poster on Tony Snow: How could such a liar not have cancer? Update: Passage deleted

posted at 4:55 pm on March 27, 2007 by Allahpundit

Because lies make the cancer grooooooow!

I admit my bias shows with these stories. I hear about Tony Snow and say to myself, well, stand up every day, lie to the American people at the behest of your dictator-esque boss and well, how could a cancer NOT grow in you. Work for Fox News, spinning the truth in to a billion knots and how can your gut not rot? I know, it’s terrible. I admit it. I don’t wish anyone harm, even Tony Snow. And I do hope he recovers or at least does what he feels is best and surrounds himself with friends and family for his journey. But in the back of my head there’s Justin Timberlake’s “What goes around, goes around, comes around, comes all the way back around, ya..”…

Now, I’ve been brutally honest above, and may have offended some, and for that I’m sorry. Again, I don’t want Tony Snow to suffer and die of cancer. But like many this morning, I had the thought.

Thanks to one of the Cornerites for spotting that. He rambles on for another 20 paragraphs or so about how we’re “having our asses handed to us” in Iraq and how Sky News is doing a crackerjack job covering it, unlike that evil Rupert Murdoch outfit that gave Tony his tumors. Um, who wants to be the one to tell him?

The Malcontent’s got a nifty thumbnail comparison of righty reaction to the news of Elizabeth Edwards’s cancer and lefty reaction to Snow’s. Frankly, given what they’re capable of, the silence is golden. Our favorite Democrat (well, your favorite; my favorite, Jane Fleming, doesn’t have a blog) has yet to weigh in on either, but her new co-blogger’s got a Pretty Vicious Rant about his high hopes for chimpeachment, so you’ll definitely check that out. No Important Action Alert issued yet; maybe he’s leaving that to Powers.

Update: What do you know, Fleming does have a blog. And it’s updated about as often as KP’s is.

Update: Treach is thinking bad thoughts. And for that he’s sorry.

Update: Hope you enjoyed the blockquote; you won’t find that passage in the HuffPo post anymore.

Comments

He rambles on for another 20 paragraphs or so about how we’re “having our asses handed to us” in Iraq and how Sky News is doing a crackerjack job covering it, unlike that evil Rupert Murdoch outfit that gave Tony his tumors. Um, who wants to break the bad news to him?

Wow that’s classic, a liberal rant from someone who doesn’t even understand his own contradictions. Murdoch is evil but Sky News isn’t.

It just goes to show you how much difference the viewer’s bias makes.

Esthier on March 27, 2007 at 5:01 PM

How does this moron explain the cause of Elizabeth Edwards’ cancer then?

“lie to the American people” – what about Bubba?? Based on the above comments, Bubba is a walking tumor.

Rick on March 27, 2007 at 5:08 PM

The left is so fond of painting the right as ‘hateful bible-thumpers’. When you call them on something like this, however, they talk about how so-and-so deserves their vitriol.

A heaping helping of hypocrisy, anyone?

dalewalt on March 27, 2007 at 5:08 PM

How is that different than saying “he brought it onto himself?” or “it’s Gaia’s scourge on Rethuglican’ts”? They always accuse us Christians of saying people with HIV/AIDs bring it upon themselves, (when it’s mostly Christians who are doing the most to combat the disease and take care of children orphaned by the disease – my own family has a charity in Africa,) but really they are the ones who think like that. I never realized just how judgemental the left was until I became a Republican. They’re the hatemongers.

foxforce91 on March 27, 2007 at 5:08 PM

At least the lefties are not burning fossil fuels…they’re powered by pure hatred!

stonemeister on March 27, 2007 at 5:09 PM

They may be sanitizing them already, but it’s pretty nasty over at the Washington Post, as LGF noted.

JammieWearingFool on March 27, 2007 at 5:14 PM

Liars get cancer, that’s what Rosie said.

Jim Treacher on March 27, 2007 at 5:15 PM

But in the back of my head there’s Justin Timberlake’s “What goes around, goes around, comes around, comes all the way back around, ya..”…”

Rarely has banality been so exquisitely intertwined with nastiness.

Alex K on March 27, 2007 at 5:17 PM

The gay lover of the author of the disgusting HuffPo column died after a Gay Pride celebration. I wonder how he’d feel if someone remarked about that tragedy “what comes around” …

BrunoMitchell on March 27, 2007 at 5:23 PM

And you’re just jealous of this Peter Feld guy.

Alex K on March 27, 2007 at 5:24 PM

I honestly wish we could just get it over, and differentiate between the reds and the blues, either by clothing/area/tattoo. That way, I know who do defend against our enemies. I am sick of the liberal garbage and their disgusting, hateful bile they spew daily. If some Islamofascist wants to saw their head off, I’ll be busy defending those decent folks. I’ve just had it with them!

rightside on March 27, 2007 at 5:29 PM

Frankly, I’m shocked that the nutroots have yet to suggest that Snow’s announcement was merely a White House ploy designed to pull focus away from the Edwards’.

Question the timing.

Up next….Cankles Hillary goes in to have a “suspicious mole” checked.

The Ugly American on March 27, 2007 at 5:32 PM

Gregor on March 27, 2007 at 5:33 PM

So I wonder what whopping lie(s) Silky Pony’s wife told to get cancer?

Does that mean that all the Hollyweird elites have been wearing pick ribbons to help find a cure for liars?….somebody help me here, I’m a little confused.

I am a cancer survivor, does that mean I don’t lie anymore?

silenced majority on March 27, 2007 at 5:33 PM

Sorry Rick.

Rick on March 27, 2007 at 5:08 PM

You beat me to it.

Gregor on March 27, 2007 at 5:34 PM

AP, just thought you might want to know that there isn’t total silence. The leading liberal blog, HuffPo, who has become famous for vicious death wishes, then removing them to hide what they’re about (admittedly it was commenters, but the content draws the audience), has been censoring again.

Remember when they just closed comments on a thread shortly after the previous incident got some MSM play?

Well the other day Ian capped a bunch of comments in a Snow thread, but something wasn’t right. Right about the same time Ian posted, I had been skimming those same comments just to see if there would be more of the usual. There wasn’t. But there were a few comments complaining about all those who were making the traditional HuffPo deathwish comments. But who were they talking about? I couldn’t find the comments. Ian luckily had capped them first, but what clearly happened is the HuffPo editors were censoring out those comments and just leaving the tolerable ones.

I find their hidden self censorship more disturbing than anything.

And that brings me to another of today’s posts at HuffPo. Not the one you’re linking to here AP, but another on Tony Snow… am I the only one that finds it odd, that one of the top stories on the site has not a single comment?

RightWinged on March 27, 2007 at 5:35 PM

Gregor on March 27, 2007 at 5:34 PM

This is definitely worth repeating over and over.

Rick on March 27, 2007 at 5:44 PM

scummington post

Drtuddle on March 27, 2007 at 5:45 PM

Rightwinged,
What they did is preempt comments, if you try to post it will tell you that they are not accepting comments to it. They are afraid of how bad the lefties will be. Aren’t they the champions of free speech?

Sven on March 27, 2007 at 5:48 PM

The left hate themselves. They hate their own Americanism, and anything that represents authority. Why? Because the authoritative figures in their lives “cast them out” and made them grow up and make their own way – or they ignored them and all of their lives they’ve been trying to regain their attention – they can’t – and they resent that. Adults don’t act any way they want to, adults make compromises in their lives and act in accordance to appropriate social norms. The left doesn’t ever do that. They don’t want to grow up because that would mean that they would have to be self-reliant and accountable for their actions. Read their posts; they’re all victims of some kind – hell – that guy on the WaPo comment board was even blaming Bush for his hatred of Republicans! They can’t control their emotions and feel they shouldn’t have to… they’re children. They think and act like children. But like children, they make lousy leaders. Give them enough rope.

foxforce91 on March 27, 2007 at 5:52 PM

foxforce91 on March 27, 2007 at 5:52 PM

Whatever you do, don’t question their patriotism.

Rick on March 27, 2007 at 6:00 PM

I apologize for my own brutal honesty. It’s terrible, I know…

Jim Treacher on March 27, 2007 at 6:04 PM

I just read some of the posts at wonkette,and along with the article by this Sh#tstain,It’s unbelievable to me how they can paint the right as “hatemongers” The things that are being written there should be widely dissiminated to the public and expose these parasites.

I’m leaving for Iraq on Saturday (REDHORSE, USAF) and these are the pukes I’m defending,of course, they dont believe that.

Maybe they think Cancer will bypass them,the way they think that terrorism only exists somewhere else!

God Bless Tony Snow and all who are suffering

Phillipg on March 27, 2007 at 6:13 PM

This doesn’t surprise me as these are the same people who think it’s ok to shit on the flag and burn an effigy of our soldiers and then whine that they are being judged.

Highrise on March 27, 2007 at 6:31 PM

Highrise on March 27, 2007 at 6:31 PM

Would these same clowns defocate on the koran? Wear a prophet cartoon t-shirt? No, that is intolerance and bigotry.

Rick on March 27, 2007 at 6:43 PM

Who’s going to do the first poll of cancer patients based on political leaning? Then we’ll see who the truth-tellers are!

icelandicfarmer on March 27, 2007 at 6:47 PM

>So how did the Grim Reaper bypass Clinton? And how did the entire crew of Air America get a pass?

In the immortal words of Iron Maiden, “Only the good die young, all the evil seem to live forever.”

Doghouse on March 27, 2007 at 6:47 PM

Thanks for serving and stay safe, phil.

Bad Candy on March 27, 2007 at 6:58 PM

Update: What do you know, Fleming does have a blog.

The smirky one actually believes
she outwits Coulter . . .ROTFLMBO

Huffpo = Pools of Mass Slime. Must be all Portland
residents that contribute.

YUK ! !

Texyank on March 27, 2007 at 7:17 PM

Go Phillip!

Thanks for taking care of business. Don’t let these idiots get you down, they are just chaff on the wind.

Stormy70 on March 27, 2007 at 7:47 PM

SCUM, SCUM and lots of more SCUM!

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on March 27, 2007 at 7:48 PM

I had some of those people on the bottom of my boot this morning after walking through the back yard.

Limerick on March 27, 2007 at 7:55 PM

First thought I had when I heard the bad news about Tony was about all the hatefilled filth that would be posted on nutroot blogs like PuffHo wishing him to suffer and die.
What is (part of) our country coming to?

“I’m leaving for Iraq on Saturday (REDHORSE, USAF)”
Prayers are going up for Tony’s healing and for phillipg and all our other troops in harm’s way for safety, protection and victory.
God bless you all–we love you and support you.
Ignore the hate-filled moonbats: they don’t speak for the silent majority of Americans who love this country, this President and our military.

Jen the Neocon on March 27, 2007 at 8:26 PM

Dishonesty causes cancer? If that punk says that to my face, I’ll tell him about my mama, the most honest person I’ve ever known. If anybody didn’t deserve to get cancer, it would be her.

I’d give him one (1) chance to take it back. Then I might do something to prove I’m not as good a person as Mom was.

The Monster on March 27, 2007 at 9:03 PM

Based on the above comments, Bubba is a walking tumor.

Uh, Rick….Well, duh.

HerrMorgenholz on March 27, 2007 at 9:33 PM

And it’s updated about as often as KP’s is.

Once a month, even if she doesn’t want to ‘eh?

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on March 27, 2007 at 9:34 PM

your dictator-esque boss

Puleeze! If you talk trash about a dictator in print or in public, you’re finished. In South America they find you with various body parts in other body parts. Saddam would put you through the meat grinder. Hitler would kidnap you and shoot you. In some countries you’d get thrown out of a plane. Bush? Heck, he’ll invite you to breakfast at the White House! Do these people listen to what comes out of their mouths. Does language, at last, have no meaning? Can I start calling the tiger in the zoo a gerbil and then take it home as a pet for my son? Can I call Richard Simmons Mike Tyson and then kick the crap out of him in order to get major street creds? If Bush is Hitler then I’m Paris Hilton.

smellthecoffee on March 27, 2007 at 10:55 PM

I’m telling you, they’ve become censoring machines over there at HuffPo (as explained earlier – RightWinged on March 27, 2007 at 5:35 PM)

It’s bad enough when they remove comments that make them look bad… it’s really sad when they’re editing actual posts.

Can bosslady pass on this information to O’Reilly so it can get some semi-MSM play?

RightWinged on March 27, 2007 at 11:39 PM

Did someone screencap that bit of asshattery?

We need to have people screencap these things the second they find em and send them to Michelle or Allah or some other person on our side, because the haters are getting smart and hiding these things quicker than before so they don’t get mainstreamed. They know that an effective airing o their hatred will sink them.

Bad Candy on March 27, 2007 at 11:41 PM

With each negative comment from the left, I imagine how a replay will impact national convention viewers. I can’t imagine who the speaker will be, but the speech is being written as we read their dismal comments. If conservatives and authentic moderates don’t throw open their windows and hit the streets running to reclaim Congress in 2008, our nation is doomed. Doomed, I tell ya. Doomed.

Gull on March 28, 2007 at 12:24 AM

On the most odious end of the specturm, the brackish, Transylvanian heart of Arianna Huffington brings us the first “Die, Tony!” post that I have been able to find.

The Malcontent

Real Transylvanian hearts are indignant :)

I know what was meant, though. She’s from Greece, was a socialist, faked being a conservative while married to a filthy rich one, then reverted to her old self.

Entelechy on March 28, 2007 at 12:35 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the “enemy at home”:

Charles Karel Bouley

I didn’t even know this shmegma existed until AP’s post…. thanks!

I am going after him with all the MOABs I cam get “offsets for”, I can’t beleive this scum is enjoying the freedom our Military is providing him……..

Anyone else want to join in, the game is a foot……………. if not, no worries, I work best alone.

AP, don’t worry, I will not “harm him”, just “expose him”, but if you decide to ban me, so be it, some things are worth fighting for…….

PinkyBigglesworth on March 28, 2007 at 1:14 AM

stonemeister on March 27, 2007 at 5:09 PM

No stone, it’s not hatred. It’s Recycled Sanctimony

gekkobear on March 28, 2007 at 1:35 AM

Grr, bad linky.
Recycled Sanctimony

gekkobear on March 28, 2007 at 1:36 AM

God Bless Tony Snow and his family.

That being said, give’em hell, Treach.

hillbillyjim on March 28, 2007 at 2:00 AM

foxforce91, you’re the winner of today’s Post of the Day! A lovely plaque carved from rare old-growth rainforest wood is on its way.

We need to have people screencap these things the second they find em

Hell yes. Like foxforce said, they can’t control their impulses. They post something hateful and stupid, and then some “adult” has to swing by later and “sanitize” the board — not out of any moral compulsion, but simply to protect the other “adults” (those with a financial interest in the site) from backlash.

saint kansas on March 28, 2007 at 5:14 AM

God Bless Tony Snow and all who are suffering

Phillipg on March 27, 2007 at 6:13 PM

Godspeed,Phillip

lizzee on March 28, 2007 at 7:16 AM

Who needs the huffington post? You can get all those hate filled comments at the washington post

Capitalist Infidel on March 28, 2007 at 8:25 AM

Capitalist Infidel on March 28, 2007 at 8:25 AM

And some of the worst ones have been taken down.

right2bright on March 28, 2007 at 8:59 AM

AP,

I followed your link to the PowersPoint “Impeach Cheney” feature It features a Photo-shopped picture of a gremlin-like Dick Cheney with the caption, “Cheney feeling much better after eating baby.”

This is really beyond the pale for Kirsten’s blog. I would have expected more class from her.

I’ve been a critic of Kirsten-mania on this blog, based simply on the fact that she is a Democratic strategist. But I’ve found a lot to respect in her personal demeanor on Fox and in her essays in her blog. So it is a shock to find this kind of peurile left-wing derangement on her blog.

I don’t think you’d ever make a similar mistake, AP, but if you did I would hope Michelle would kick your ass. Kirsten should do so to Peter Feld.

Anton on March 28, 2007 at 1:06 PM

On a related note:

Before you link to sites like “The Malcontent,” how about a content warning? In this case, it wasn’t the site content, but the featured blog-ad for a gay magazine with a seriously gay cover photo. Not the sort of thing you want on your screen at work, particularly if you’re known as the office conservative….

DNA is bursting at the seams this month. Literally.

The beautiful bulging Brian appears in a revealing 10-page feature, shot by David Vance – a sure-fire cult favourite in the making.

You get the idea.

Anton on March 28, 2007 at 1:26 PM

I posted a response over at Huffnpuff which quoted the now-deleted portions of the OP. Strangely enough, my post was also deleted.

JimC on March 28, 2007 at 11:15 PM

Just went to Huffo’s site on the cancer thing and noticed about the comment area:

“Comments for this entry are currently under maintenance but will be restored soon.”

But the piece was done in 2007. Must’ve been bad for comments to be taken completely off from public view?

Kokonut on March 3, 2010 at 11:09 AM