Video: Rosie blows the lid off the British sailor hostage crisis

posted at 2:32 pm on March 26, 2007 by Allahpundit

Nice catch by the ‘Busters here. Western intel agents tell the Blotter that the kidnapping was indeed retaliation for the American raid in Irbil that netted five big Quds Force fish in January and that Iran may be angling for a swap; Iran denies it. Iraq’s foreign minister supports the British claim that the sailors were in Iraqi waters at the time and has issued a statement attesting to that fact; Iran’s FM insists they were in Iranian waters and claims to have provided GPS coordinates to the British to prove it.

All smoke and mirrors, says our Ro. She knows where the boat was and she knows who’s behind this and it has nothing to do with the Iranian government, even though they, er, admit to having the sailors in their custody. Which brings us to what is, I believe, a milestone for “The View” — the first time she’s engaged openly on the air (but not off it) in conspiracy theorizing.

Here, I’ll save you the trouble.

Exit question: Is it time for Unstable Mabel to go?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Enough! Where’s my frakking BSG thread?

Blacklake on March 26, 2007 at 6:15 PM

Thanks angryamerican. I just sent “Barbara” this message:

Three words: Bush Derangement Syndrome. Google it.

Gee, I hope they mail me a mug or something.

saint kansas on March 26, 2007 at 6:23 PM

She flaps her gums too much for incredible amounts of publicity which means Baba Wawa will never fire her.

The only way to deflate the Great White Whale is to ignore it/her.

tormod on March 26, 2007 at 6:23 PM

She must have gotten a tonkin on her head when she was born.

- The Cat

P.S. Don’t let Mad Cow Disease happen to the ones you love.

MirCat on March 26, 2007 at 6:27 PM

Doesn’t Rosie O’Donnel have a Ph.D. in World History, with a concentration in Southeast Asian history, with several publications in print on “The Gulf Of Tonkin” incident, for which she won a New York Times best seller list first place for ten weeks award, as well as a literary and history award?

I think she also has a Military Strategy and History degree, an MD, and so on.

Yes, Rosie is among the most educated persons, and most expert in every subject, in the world.

Rosie “The Oracle” O’Donnel, wise beyond imagination, all knowing, and all merciful, all compassionate, all loving, and all knowing.

Praise be unto Rosie, great font of wisdom and knowledge!

William

William2006 on March 26, 2007 at 6:42 PM

Delusions of grandeur!

Google it!

Google it!

You can learn something from google.

Delusions of grandeur!

Google it!

William

William2006 on March 26, 2007 at 6:43 PM

Rosie is a Who’s Who on this topic.

Rick on March 26, 2007 at 6:44 PM

It all fits together…somehow.”
Slublog on March 26, 2007 at 2:47 PM

You just need a few philosophy professors talking about thermodynamics and it all seems to fit just fine. See, the less you know little of the subject the easier it is to connect the dots and see the “truth”. (who want to deal with all that pesky evidence and witnesses anyway) It’s easier to make your case as long as you don’t have to meet any academic standards (just ask Dylan Avery).

BadBrad on March 26, 2007 at 6:50 PM

Rosie. Dumbass

Google it, see how many different “Rosies” it refers you to.

Mazztek on March 26, 2007 at 6:59 PM

Rosie needs a Proctologist for her mouth…..

PinkyBigglesworth on March 26, 2007 at 7:05 PM

I can’t stand Rosie (a.k.a – the fat lesbian vampire) but i hope she stays on The View a long time. She’s a daily advertisement to vote Republican.

forged rite on March 26, 2007 at 7:08 PM

“Dumb Bomb” google THAT!

johnnyU on March 26, 2007 at 7:25 PM

… It doesn’t matter who the other side is or what they’ve done or what they would do if they beat us. They get Rosie on their side, automatically.

Bryan on March 26, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Bryan, someone should Photo-shop a tiara on her head and a sash across her bosom that reads “Miss I Hate America”

Zorro on March 26, 2007 at 8:38 PM

Barbara Walters has sold her soul.

While it’s really not that important, I think Rosie is going to get more and more extreme until she gets thrown off the show or something dramatic and negative personally happens to her. You know, like how serial killers secretly want to caught? Rosie secretly wants to be dumped from that show.

And I’m not even a psychologist!!

asc85 on March 26, 2007 at 8:39 PM

“Jenny Craig”. Google it.

HerrMorgenholz on March 26, 2007 at 2:36 PM

I love the way liguid (coffee) goes out my nose
when I saw this one. I made a hell of a mess
on the keyboard. But it was worth it. . .

Four words and I’m in tears with laughter.
Thanks HerrMorgenholz .

Texyank on March 26, 2007 at 9:28 PM

“Timing.”

“Timing!”

“Timing..”

Loved that part.

Reaps on March 26, 2007 at 9:43 PM

If I remember the Gulf of Tonkin incident, American sailors violated North Vietnam’s coastal limits, were captured by Barbary Pirates, and that started the 100 Years War, in which Koreans tortured American Pueblo Indians who had received smallpox blankets from Mad King George.

I found that on Rosie’s special Gooogle engine.

(It has an extra “o“, in honor of Oprah.)

profitsbeard on March 26, 2007 at 10:02 PM

I asked several of my neighbors what the network “ABC” meant. None of them where aware such a thing existed.

Come to think of it, neither do I.

wccawa on March 26, 2007 at 10:19 PM

By studying the Gulf of Tonkin incident is how she learned about ‘Ching Chong Ching Chong’

Limerick on March 26, 2007 at 10:20 PM

Rosie is an idiot. If she really wants to rid the U.S. of all of us nonbelievers in the world of Rosie she just needs to televise her and Michael Moore getting hot and sweaty with each other. I for one would have to leave immediately if this ever hit the screen.

dawgyear on March 26, 2007 at 10:20 PM

Cue the gravelly voiced worker-man Isuzu pick-up truck pitchman:

“Gulf of Tonkin? For Rosie it should be the Gulf of Tonka–as in a** the size of a dump truck!”

smellthecoffee on March 26, 2007 at 10:55 PM

The only thing she ever blew the lid off of was a can of Pringles. Is it time for her to go? I regret I was wrong several months ago when I predicted she would be in rehab by now and Bab’s on the O Factor trying to explain away Rosie’s breakdown. Obviously, America’s appetite for this @sshat is equalled only to her appetite for bacon grease.

thedecider on March 26, 2007 at 11:05 PM

Rosie is so fat, her belt size is the equator.

csdeven on March 26, 2007 at 11:10 PM

Rosie blows…

…Oh there was more to that title?

jjjen on March 26, 2007 at 11:54 PM

Jeez, guys! Enough with the fat jokes, already! There is plenty to criticize Rosie for without making her weight the issue. I say again, she could look like Tyra Banks, and she’s still be an idiot!

aero on March 27, 2007 at 12:07 AM

Rosie is so fat, she has her own zip code.

csdeven on March 27, 2007 at 12:30 AM

Jeez, guys! Enough with the fat jokes, already!
aero on March 27, 2007 at 12:07 AM

I agree…she was late getting to the studio today, she lost her belt but found it laying around the house. Sorry I just heard that they tie a rope around her shoulders and drag her through a tunnel when they want to clean it. Sorry, sorry I know she has a lot of influence, she influences the tide. And poor Hassleback, she has to take a train and two buses to get on Rosies good side.

right2bright on March 27, 2007 at 12:39 AM

President Johnson lied about the war, that is why we can’t trust the Democrats. Why doesn’t anyone shout it out…the reason the Vietnam war started and escalated was because of Democratic presidents.

“Gulf of Tonkin, google it”. Panel…”we did and we found out that Democratic Presidents Kennedy, than Johnson, illegaly escalated the war and deceived the nation”. Oops, never mind.

right2bright on March 27, 2007 at 12:53 AM

Britian will continue to be led around like a pig with a ring in its snout until they respond with force. There’s only one thing that Persians understand. Just ask the ancient Greeks.

Mojave Mark on March 27, 2007 at 1:32 AM

I have a dream… a dream where Rosie says something stupid and Elizabeth picks up the table and throws it into the audience. Elizabeth then gets Rosie in a headlock and snaps her neck.

GoodBoy on March 27, 2007 at 1:54 AM

Rosie. Dumbass

Google it, see how many different “Rosies” it refers you to.

Hmm Google goes at least 5+ pages of just our rosie, but on yahoo the 36th entry is of Ned Lamont with Rosie Perez.

Gwillie on March 27, 2007 at 3:04 AM

Shorten the title to just “Rosie blows”

EricPWJohnson on March 27, 2007 at 5:22 AM

I keep writing this: given the lunacy of O’Donnell and Bahar on “the View,” Barbara Walters should be viewed as a nitwit and treated as such. Don’t tell me about all the years of her being a so very respectable TV persoanlity, Walters has thrown it away. So here is a Bronx jeer for Walters.

Phil Byler on March 27, 2007 at 6:42 AM

And, they STILL wonder why we call ‘em Moonbats.

franksalterego on March 27, 2007 at 8:08 AM

Google this O’Donnell! The View – less is strictly for suburbanite frumps sitting in front of the tube all day eating potato chips and crying how hard they worked all day.
O’Donnell has truly found her audience.

lynnv on March 27, 2007 at 8:26 AM

Breaking news! Rosie O’ Piggo visits the Gaza strip and opens her mouth!

csdeven on March 27, 2007 at 9:04 AM

I have one thing to say, “VAPID LEZBO”.

Google it.

seejanemom on March 27, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Other than for comic relief, I can’t imagine why anyone who knows how to think for themselves would watch “The Phew.”

SpartRan on March 27, 2007 at 9:31 AM

“Jenny Craig”. Google it.

HerrMorgenholz on March 26, 2007 at 2:36 PM

In fact, Jenny Craig works, although it probably wouldn’t in Rosie’s case. She can’t get past her mindset, and that she doesn’t know everything.

SpartRan on March 27, 2007 at 9:41 AM

“Baghdad Baleen”?

Mazeman on March 27, 2007 at 10:48 AM

I decided to google “Rosie O’Donnell Moonbat” — got almost 79,000 hits. *snort*

lan astaslem on March 27, 2007 at 10:51 AM

Wow… I’m posting from the waiting room at the dentist’s office. The missus is in the next room having dental work, and I’m stuck in the lobby watching… THE VIEW.

My wife is so lucky.

saint kansas on March 27, 2007 at 11:02 AM

Write the advertisers of the view. Tell them you’re not going to buy their products so long as Rosie is on that show. Hit ‘em where if counts.

dougless on March 27, 2007 at 11:17 AM

“I have one thing to say: Gulf of Tonkin. Google it.”

I also have one thing to say: Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Google it.

RedinBlueCounty on March 27, 2007 at 12:02 PM

Barbara Walters just sits there like a stone while Rosie makes these idiot statements. It makes me sick.

Glynn on March 27, 2007 at 12:08 PM

Ditto!

CCRWM on March 27, 2007 at 12:56 PM

Oh I was trying to do this but couldn’t stomach The View anymore but does anyone know where to find a list of the show’s sponsors without having to sit through the View?

CCRWM on March 27, 2007 at 12:58 PM

CCRWM on March 27, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Can you stomach calling the station’s headquarters and asking them who sponsors “The View?”

William

William2006 on March 27, 2007 at 1:36 PM

CCRWM, I looked around for a sponsor list, but could not find one. I do, however, find it interesting that on The View’s official website, there are links to contact Elisabeth, Barbara and Joy, but not Rosie.

Glynn on March 27, 2007 at 1:40 PM

What’s weird is they never remember which party put us in Vietnam.
Theworldisnotenough on March 26, 2007 at 2:40 PM

The following is a rebuttal from Rosie O’Donnell, the DNC, Cindy Sheehan and the guy under the Bruckner overpass at Hunts Point named Little Dewey…

But we all know Johnson wasn’t a REAL democrat . . . Those didn’t show up until the Carter administration . . . And Nixon could have gotten us out in ’69 instead of during the reelection campaign so in reality it was all the Republicans fault! It was! It was!

The preceding was . . . Oh, never mind . . . Google THIS, you malcontented mass. Grab a bottle of cheap scotch, drive north to Hyannis and make Teddy the K your Hershey boy. It’s been too long since someone who once considered herself a comedian actually attempted to make anyone laugh.

52Ranger on March 27, 2007 at 3:31 PM

I think Rosie is one of the best arguments for the Right. The View showcases the liberal descent into madness. Soon, Rosie will become so barking mad that people will become embarassed to admit that they watch. I want Rosie to stay on until The View craters from her lunatic rants. If they have to tie her to a chair to stop her from leaving, I want her fevered face barking new conspiracy theories into the TV camera until she explains where Bush buried Jimmy Hoffa.

Tantor on March 27, 2007 at 4:16 PM

“I have one thing to say: Gulf of Tonkin. Google it.”

Hmmmmmmmmmmm…wonder if waxmen will want to impeach johnson…oops…forgot…

areseaoh on March 27, 2007 at 4:50 PM

glynn,

barbara walters sold her soul a long time ago. She is nothing but a pathetic skeleton.

Highrise on March 27, 2007 at 6:34 PM

hehe want to piss off Rosie and The View, I hear that Star Jones will be having her own talk show..if that is true, getting her ratings up with surely make them seethe.

Highrise on March 27, 2007 at 6:35 PM

“Fat butterball of hate”

Google it

Chuck on March 27, 2007 at 8:37 PM

I called got the run around and was told someone would call me back…still waiting…

CCRWM on March 28, 2007 at 7:58 PM