Video: Peyton Manning, child mentor

posted at 9:03 am on March 26, 2007 by Allahpundit

Sandler fans will detect more than a passing resemblance here to the dodgeball scene in “Billy Madison.” No matter. The comic potential of grown men bouncing heavy projectiles off small children’s heads and torsos is evergreen, inexhaustible.

I say again: it’s time for SNL to drop the “Live” and stick to stuff like this.

Comments

Funny stuff. Peyton is multi-talented. Something tells me the NFL and the United Way won’t have a sense of humor, though.

liberty on March 26, 2007 at 9:18 AM

That’s awesome!

MT on March 26, 2007 at 9:25 AM

Hahahaha ROFL :)

djohn669 on March 26, 2007 at 9:35 AM

Oh, good. Glad he’s on late-night weekend television now. I think that’s the ONLY television timeframe he wasn’t everywhere….

Darksean on March 26, 2007 at 9:46 AM

Yeah, it’s slightly funny…but his image could be better served and the comedy better written. IMHO.

tormod on March 26, 2007 at 9:52 AM

Must be a guy thing.

Connie on March 26, 2007 at 9:53 AM

Oh my goodness! Stay in the port-o-let.Thats creative.We were subjected to laying on our backs kicking our arms and legs while repeating”I’m a dying roach” for 15 min.Funny.

spazzmomma on March 26, 2007 at 9:58 AM

Hilarious!

WisCon on March 26, 2007 at 10:10 AM

ROFLMAO – As a die-hard Pats fan, my respect for Peyton as a person increased dramatically this year.

TheBigOldDog on March 26, 2007 at 10:10 AM

Peyton is great.

Anybody watching MadTV? I turned over to them a few years ago when SNL started getting less funny and more bitter in their politics. What they need is a clean sweep and some brand new talent.

budorob on March 26, 2007 at 10:15 AM

I don’t think cussing in front of kids is very funny, but it did make me laugh at times.

tomas on March 26, 2007 at 10:42 AM

tomas on March 26, 2007 at 10:42 AM

He didn’t actually swear in front of the kids. There were either edits where there were no kids around or they beeped unnecessarily.

Lighten up people, this is funny stuff. Looks like there are a few bitter Chicago Bears fans commenting on this site.

mattshu on March 26, 2007 at 11:48 AM

Comedic gold.

PRCalDude on March 26, 2007 at 11:53 AM

I saw it “live” Saturday night as I wanted to see Carrie Underwood…I thought it would have been funnier if he had been bouncing the ball off of “radical muslims”.

SouthernGent on March 26, 2007 at 12:23 PM

I love Peyton in his commercials and I knew he wouldn’t be a letdown on SNL. I kinda wish he’d come out with a silly movie. I think he’d do a good job.

But how about his dancing scene? OMG, that was hilarious!

CookeyD on March 26, 2007 at 12:32 PM

I watched this live and thought it was, like everything else on SNL, not funny. Almost every one in the NFL is a thug, making Peyton out to be one to try to get some laughs is just lazy skit writing. A real shame too cause Peyton obviously can deliver lines. He needs a movie Opportunity.

America1st on March 26, 2007 at 1:06 PM

I watched this and then the painfully unfunny “300″ sketch. This was far superior – very funny stuff.

Slublog on March 26, 2007 at 1:10 PM

The best video of grown men vs. kids sports would, in my opinion, is Doug Heffernan (Kevin James) on King of Queens, helping coach Deacon’s son’s football team

(the slowmo at about 1:30 is priceless)

RightWinged on March 26, 2007 at 2:58 PM

:~) That was awesome! I heart Peyton.

tikvah on March 26, 2007 at 4:18 PM