Audio: Sean Penn tells Bush to take this war and “shove it”

posted at 12:32 pm on March 26, 2007 by Ian

Left-wing nut Sean Penn preached to the choir at an anti-war BDS event over the weekend. He told the Bush administration and those “who bathe in the moisture of [their] soiled and bloodstained underwear” to “shove it.”

Here’s a brief transcript (emphasis mine):

And because, in the absence of a competent or brave Congress, of a mobilized citizenry, that level of power lies in your hands, it is you who have misused it to become our country’s and our constitution’s most devastating enemy. You have broken our country and our hearts. The needless blood on your hands, and therefore, on our own, is drowning the freedom, the security, and the dream that America might have been, once healed of and awakened by, the tragedy of September 11, 2001.

But now, we are encouraged to self-censor any words that might be perceived as inflammatory – if our belief is that this war should stop today. We cower as you point fingers telling us to “support our troops.” Well, you and the smarmy pundits in your pocket, those who bathe in the moisture of your soiled and bloodstained underwear, can take that noise and shove it. We will be snowed no more. Let’s make this crystal clear. We do support our troops in our stand, while you exploit them and their families. The verdict is in. You lied, connived, and exploited your own countrymen and most of all, our troops.

“…we are encouraged to self-censor any words that might be perceived as inflammatory…” Right. You just can’t find any opposition to the war, anywhere. Sean, you’re sooo brave for speaking out.

Comments

Who cares??? This ain’t news just another washed up actor trying to get back in the limelight anyway he can. Who can forget his memorable trip to NO to “rescue” folks? Or his video tour of the peace loving nation of Iran?

LakeRuins on March 26, 2007 at 12:35 PM

Another brave political philosopher (and sometimes actor) speaks truth to power …

Gag.

thirteen28 on March 26, 2007 at 12:38 PM

ZZZZzzzzz……..

tomk59 on March 26, 2007 at 12:40 PM

Sean Penn is borderline retarded, so to make himself feel smarter he poses as a liberal, stupidly thinking being a liberal makes you look smart and educated.

He definitely is washed up. I haven’t seen a movie of his since Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

januarius on March 26, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Johnny Paycheck could not be reached for comment.

ReubenJCogburn on March 26, 2007 at 12:45 PM

He really IS Sam!

SouthernGent on March 26, 2007 at 12:47 PM

Bathe in the what?

Well, that’s certainly, um, original.

Slublog on March 26, 2007 at 12:49 PM

go back to rehab Penn

Defector01 on March 26, 2007 at 12:50 PM

Isn’t it time for him to visit Iran again? We can exchange him for the 15 Brits. Maybe we can convince the Iranians that his value is in his outspoken criticism… we want to get rid of him to keep him quiet. If Iran would understand anything, it’s trying to silence dissent, so if we paint the picture like Penn believes it is it might work. If it doesn’t fly, we can add that he may turn over important Hollywood secrets to the Revolutionary Guard.

Wineaholic on March 26, 2007 at 12:51 PM

Shanghai Surprise!

Shanghai Surprise!!.

Shanghai Surprise!!!.

(Available for 75 cents online)

profitsbeard on March 26, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Bush failed, Sean bailed!

saint kansas on March 26, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Somebody give that guy a helmet and a pudding cup…

Bad Candy on March 26, 2007 at 1:02 PM

I think Sean should get a boat and go to Iraq and rescue the kidnapped British sailors just like he SAVED ALL THOSE PEOPLE IN NOLA!

JayHaw Phrenzie on March 26, 2007 at 1:04 PM

I’m sure Sean knows all about soiled, bloody underwear….

… just ask Madonna.

Parley on March 26, 2007 at 1:10 PM

“those who bathe in the moisture of [their] soiled and bloodstained underwear”

I listened to the whole thing, so even in context I have no idea what this means. Can anyone explain this insanity?

Verbal Abuse on March 26, 2007 at 1:13 PM

No, no, no. He was mis-quoted.

He really said, “I support Alberto Gonzales.”

And ‘penn’ is spelled P-E-N-I-S.

locomotivebreath1901 on March 26, 2007 at 1:14 PM

And that’s just the lefties….

… If you are a conservative, they’re encouraged to haul you off to jail for a “hate crime” if you say anything “inflammatory”.

Parley on March 26, 2007 at 1:14 PM

Done drugs to the point of incoherency–yup–he makes me scared, but not in the way he wants

Vanquisher on March 26, 2007 at 1:16 PM

I’ve got a better idea, let’s make it an even trade. 15 liberals for the 15 British soldiers. How about, Penn, Sarandon, Sheen, both Martin and Charlie, Robbins, all 3 Ditzy Twits, Sheehan, Garofalo, Sheryl Crow, Fonda, Mike Farrell, Matt Damon, and Jessica Lange.

Capitalist Infidel on March 26, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Michael > Sean.

fusionaddict on March 26, 2007 at 1:16 PM

See, this is why you shouldn’t do drugs.

KCSteve on March 26, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Somebody needs a time out.

John on March 26, 2007 at 1:17 PM

Drugs????
This is why you shouldn’t do Madonna!

CBarker on March 26, 2007 at 1:22 PM

A walking talking reason for legalized abortion.

Wade on March 26, 2007 at 1:22 PM

That really is quite a curse, I’m gonna try to work that into everyday usage.
A waitress brings me an overcooked steak:
“You who bathe in the moisture of your soiled and bloodstained underwear, can take this meal and shove it”
The cable company, telemarketers, online trolls,…the possibilities are endless.

billy on March 26, 2007 at 1:24 PM

People Washed up actors on ludes shouldn’t drive be allowed out of rehab.”

Jeff Spicoli, class of ’82
Ridgemont High’s 25th class reunion.

SPIFF1669 on March 26, 2007 at 1:39 PM

Patriotism questioned.

CBS is still attempting to locate Penn’s Patriotism so it can be questioned. All attempts thus far to locate it have failed.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on March 26, 2007 at 1:41 PM

Verbal abuse, I don’t get it either. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Maybe he popped one too many greenies.

Matticus Finch on March 26, 2007 at 1:41 PM

Serious question here:
was he talking to conservative pudits or to blue dog democrats? i mean, technically, it’s a rhetorical question since he was addressing fellow BDS sufferers. But, just who is pointing their fingers at the lunatic fringe? I don’t see the Sean Penns and Susan Sarandons and Matt Damons cowering to anyone. Moist blood-stained underwear? Who talks like this, really? Crazy people. That’s who.

See, the key to this statement lies in the claim of ‘self censorship’; namely that the Leftist actors now find themselves marginalized by their own shrill words — and they find themselves less marketable to the political mainstream and to the marketplace of ideas.

I’m not even gonna touch his comment that ‘we support the troops in our stand’. See, there’s two kinds of troops…

stevezilla on March 26, 2007 at 1:44 PM

posted at 12:32 pm on March 26, 2007 by Ian

Ian, in the future, if you are going to link to such a revolting sight, please post a warning………

PinkyBigglesworth on March 26, 2007 at 1:50 PM

What I think Sean Penn has never and can’t realize is that every military man, woman and family hopes that the war “would end today”. Their ferverent prayer is that all hostilities would stop NOW.
The difference is that Sean and his ilk refuse to understand the result of “just stopping the war now”. The military families and fighters on the front line fully understand that the war will not stop until total victory is achieved. That is really the only difference, but it is a big one.

Babs on March 26, 2007 at 1:53 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention…

I am a PROUD NAVY MOM!

Babs on March 26, 2007 at 1:55 PM

Makes you wonder is m-donna ever washed seanpen’s undies…you know…the ‘soiled’ ones…just thinking out loud…

He must wake up ever day…look in the mirror and say…’I'm significant’…’I really am’….

areseaoh on March 26, 2007 at 1:57 PM

He’s just a washed up pinko. His movies are all bombing at the box office, and he blames Bush instead of his poseur acting skills. If I need a treatise on how to beat my spouse, then I will consult you, Penn. Until then, enjoy your mediocrity.

Stormy70 on March 26, 2007 at 1:59 PM

Sounds like someone has a ‘thing’ for soiled and bloody underwear…. Oddest damn fetish I’ve ever heard of….

See boys and girls…. this is why you shouldn’t to drugs… ever!

Does anyone give a rats ass what Sean Penn thinks?

CrazyFool on March 26, 2007 at 2:01 PM

Good point from the postings above…why was this ‘nutso’ not aborted….I’m sure his mommy is a lib freak like him…

areseaoh on March 26, 2007 at 2:01 PM

Parley on March 26, 2007 at 1:14 PM

Could you please provide one example of an conservative (or liberal) being hauled off to jail for inflammatory comments or are you just talking out your ass?

JaHerer22 on March 26, 2007 at 2:11 PM

ANSWER is a weird slogan, against the war and folds in racism. I don’t get that at all. Where’s the connection?

I love Sean Bitch Slap My Women Penn in Fast Times. But I haven’t the stomach to see any other films featuring his skid mark stained underwear. He’s way too creepy.

Kini on March 26, 2007 at 2:17 PM

JaHerer22 on March 26, 2007 at 2:11 PM

You,JaHerer22, who bathe in the moisture of your soiled and bloodstained underwear, can take that noise and shove it. We will be snowed no more.

billy on March 26, 2007 at 2:26 PM

Dude! Hear that? (hits head with shoe) THAT’S MY SKULL!

bmac on March 26, 2007 at 2:32 PM

“moisture of your soiled and bloodstained underwear”

is that some kind of new hollywood spa treatment?

SCGOPgirl on March 26, 2007 at 2:35 PM

How about the Philadelphia 5 4?

fusionaddict on March 26, 2007 at 2:35 PM

I never realized before that all it takes is including a smart hip word like “smarmy” to get the cheers from the left rolling.

greggish on March 26, 2007 at 2:47 PM

Sean Penis is a jailhouse bitch who is two scoops beyond a lobotomy.

mcgilvra on March 26, 2007 at 2:54 PM

Why is it that I do not even have to listen to the video, and I know what this idiot said? It is so predictable, they are so obvious and transparent. They are sooo stuuuupid.

right2bright on March 26, 2007 at 2:56 PM

What exactly is he saying here? Is he accusing President Bush of having raging hemorrhoids?

Obviously that’s a joke, but seriously, what is he talking about “soiled and bloodstained underwear”?

RightWinged on March 26, 2007 at 3:02 PM

Well, that settles it. You win, Sean. There is nothing that Victor Davis Hanson, Christopher Hitchens, or Mark Steyn could say that would come close to countering that eloquent argument.

Matticus Finch on March 26, 2007 at 3:25 PM

Ian, what I’d like to see is a Bonaduce Vs. Penn smack-down on respecting the Office of the President. Remember what Bonaduce did to John Conner of Loose Change? Heh.

MsUnderestimated on March 26, 2007 at 3:26 PM

What I would expect from Sean Penn, more of the same, extreme Left propaganda.

I have developed such a distate for Sean Penn that I will not even consider watching any movie with him in it. I used to be able to seperate the artist from their political views but with Sean Penn I have a wave of revulsion every time I see his face or hear his voice.

omegaram on March 26, 2007 at 3:32 PM

I loved the Code Pink link.

Hillary doesn’t agree with them; she’s just not listening. But, the President and ALL Republicans are just evil and maniacal! LMAO! This is the exact reason why I started adopting more conservative values.

budorob on March 26, 2007 at 4:12 PM

Shaddup, Spiccoli.

thebookkeeper on March 26, 2007 at 4:18 PM

JaHerer22 on March 26, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Parley said “encouraged” – JaHerer, it’s pretty obvious that the left cries “freedom of speech” when the general public doesn’t agree with their ignorant comments – just ask the Dixie Chicks (which, interestingly enough, doesn’t even apply to the general public in the first place)

Also, hate-crime legislation (or thought policing) is real, and that is a violation of freedom of speech.

Rick on March 26, 2007 at 4:18 PM

Any comment from Mr. Hand?

Malpaso on March 26, 2007 at 4:23 PM

underwear quote which I can’t bring myself to repeat

Wow, he sure has a, um, way with words. Danged near Shakespearean.

tikvah on March 26, 2007 at 4:34 PM

Any comment from Mr. Hand?

Malpaso on March 26, 2007 at 4:23 PM

“There used to be a ferry when I was a boy. Biggest thing you ever saw, lit up like a floating birthday cake.”

fusionaddict on March 26, 2007 at 5:09 PM

To quote my favorite caveman, “Yeah, I have a response. Uh, what???

PattyAnn on March 26, 2007 at 5:26 PM

omegaram on March 26, 2007 at 3:32 PM

DITTO for me. I think that is the case for MANY people after 9/11 made politics not just local but “in house”. My whole family (without any discussion) refuses to go to the theater or even rent the movies these self-important left-tards are in. I used to like Sean Penn’s movies but now the sight of him even as he’s playing someone else proves too distracting to enjoy the movie. And that pretty much applies to almost all celebs with a few exceptions like Gary Sinese, Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis, etc. For them I will gladly throw down the benjamins. As for the rest of Hollyweird I WOULDN’T HANG OUT THE WINDOW TO SEE THEM!
P.S. I just thought of something Sean could use that golden Oscar statue for. Let’s just say it ends with

the moisture of your soiled and bloodstained underwear

then rinse and repeat…

NightmareOnKStreet on March 26, 2007 at 5:56 PM

Personally I’ll never trust anyone who slept with Madonna.

- The Cat

MirCat on March 26, 2007 at 6:58 PM

Personally I’ll never trust anyone who slept with Madonna.

- The Cat

MirCat on March 26, 2007 at 6:58 PM

Wow, you aren’t going to trust many people then, are you? (Heh.) Reminds me of a joke we were telling 20 years ago:

What’s the difference between Madonna and the Statue of Liberty?
Not everybody’s been inside the Statue of Liberty.

ReubenJCogburn on March 26, 2007 at 8:39 PM

Reuben!!! I’m still laughing…

tickleddragon on March 27, 2007 at 12:51 AM