Atomic cuteness bomb explodes over Germany; mass cases of “the snuggles” reported

posted at 2:29 pm on March 23, 2007 by Allahpundit

He debuted today at the Berlin Zoo as a bona fide ursine rock star thanks to the greens’ attempt to put him on ice. Cocklewarming:

“Knut is incredibly cute,” nine-year-old Christopher told SPIEGEL ONLINE, “I particularly like his white fur because it’s so fluffy.” His friend Selen, also aged nine, agreed and added: “But his face is really cute, too!” Selen was so taken by Knut that she even bought one of the Knut teddy bears which were on sale at the zoo.

But will they still love cute Knut as much when he’s older? “To be honest, I don’t think so,” Selen said, “but I’ll forever remember him for the way he is now.”

Women. Germany’s “Environment Minister” was there too, having purchased a full set of political-pandering offsets in advance:

Gabriel called Knut a political symbol in the climate change debate: “Hardly any animal symbolizes the consequences of climate change as clearly as the polar bear,” he said. “No ice, no polar bear.”

30+ photos at the link plus video below of the blast. I recommend protective lenswear while viewing; the flash of cuddliness is brighter than the sun. Click the image to watch.

knut-vid.jpg

Comments

Cute as he is, one day he’s gonna eat someone.
Polar Bears can’t be tamed.

That said, I’m in awe of his cuteness.

unamused on March 23, 2007 at 2:33 PM

Oh, sure, it’s cute as hell until someone gets mauled to death.

flipflop on March 23, 2007 at 2:34 PM

Polar Bear 1, Eco-Freaks 0.

Bad Candy on March 23, 2007 at 2:34 PM

Nice try at distracting us from the news coming out of DC.
Awww heck ain’t he cute!!

Okay back to ragging on congress

LakeRuins on March 23, 2007 at 2:36 PM

He’s sooooo Cute! Can we put him in control of Congress, instead?

amerpundit on March 23, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Cute as he is, one day he’s gonna eat someone.

unamused on March 23, 2007 at 2:33 PM

Depending on the eatee, this is not necessarily a bad thing.

Darksean on March 23, 2007 at 2:42 PM

The german environmentalcase minister thinks polar bears can’t swim?

Canadian Imperialist Running Dog on March 23, 2007 at 2:45 PM

I want, so badly, to feel this little evil creature’s innerds oozing between my fingers.

lorien1973 on March 23, 2007 at 2:48 PM

He’s sooooo Cute! Can we put him in control of Congress, instead?

amerpundit on March 23, 2007 at 2:41 PM

“Who the hell added $20 billion for an industrial penguin farm to the defense budget?”

Who am I kidding, Robert Byrd probably did…

Bad Candy on March 23, 2007 at 2:48 PM

Can we buy “Polar Bear Mauling” offsets?

CBarker on March 23, 2007 at 2:53 PM

WARNING!!!!

I sent that link to office members. The casualty rate is at 87%!!!

Hoodlumman on March 23, 2007 at 2:54 PM

I think AP only updates the Knut story because he knows the girls (KP) will be (even more!) attracted to him for caring about the poor, defenseless creatures.

lorien1973 on March 23, 2007 at 2:55 PM

Nobody wants to snuggle you when you’re snacking on a baby seal. I blame the liberal media.

Tanya on March 23, 2007 at 2:55 PM

Great, I’m on the Atkins diet and after watching that video I am going to have to start induction all over again.

Bill C on March 23, 2007 at 2:56 PM

Is that one of Castro’s doubles posing with Knut?

Retread on March 23, 2007 at 2:56 PM

Sure he’s cute, but he’d look even cuter wrapped around my sweetheart, keeping her warm.

dalewalt on March 23, 2007 at 3:00 PM

Is it just me or did AP grow a vagina thanks to that bear?

Darth Executor on March 23, 2007 at 3:09 PM

Shock !! … Not only has this polar bear not died from global warming….. but he doesn’t even look sick !

Maxx on March 23, 2007 at 3:10 PM

I was sickened by the display of cruelty to that bear.

After seeing Gore’s movie, I nominate the digital polar bear. Once the digitally rendered ice floes have digitally melted, those things are digitally screwed.

saint kansas on March 23, 2007 at 3:14 PM

The bear must die.

God

Allah

Mother Nature Evolution Al Gore demands it.

Professor Blather on March 23, 2007 at 3:20 PM

So if Knut is a Brown Bar-ba-loot, and the ice flows are Truffula Trees, does that make Algore The Lorax (Heed the Goracle!) or The Onceler (toxic zinc mines and no carbon offset pledge)?

More importantly, where can I get a Thneed?

xardoz on March 23, 2007 at 3:28 PM

dalewalt on March 23, 2007 at 3:00 PM

You might want to let him grow a bit before you mindlessly and selfishly slaughter him for his fur. He’s not much more than a winter hat right now.

flipflop on March 23, 2007 at 3:31 PM

John Hawkins says PETA wants it dead. Something about the “humiliation” of being rescued by humans. Or something.

BigOrangeAxe on March 23, 2007 at 3:55 PM

WARNING!!!!

I sent that link to office members. The casualty rate is at 87%!!!

Hoodlumman on March 23, 2007 at 2:54 PM

hehe

- The Cat

MirCat on March 23, 2007 at 3:59 PM

Tonight, Knut dines in Hell!

RightWinged on March 23, 2007 at 4:18 PM

LMAO!

budorob on March 23, 2007 at 4:31 PM

Oh, sure, it’s cute as hell until someone gets mauled to death.

flipflop on March 23, 2007 at 2:34 PM

Darksean almost stole my sentiments, but thankfully he commented on the other comment.

…And then it could become a beautiful sight.

steveegg on March 23, 2007 at 6:24 PM

MKH is the atomic cuteness bomb; Knut is but a highly effective daisy cutter.

saint kansas on March 23, 2007 at 6:55 PM

I’m not worried about the demise of the polar bear. I never understood the liberals obsession with saving endangered species. If a species can not adapt to current conditions, then it should go extinct. That’s how natural selection works and who are we to interfere with natural selection?

As the liberals keep insisting, natural selection produced Mankind so one would think that the liberals would support natural selection and allow the endangered species to become extinct. But no, they have to play God and try to interfere.

Do you know what would happen if the polar bears actually became extinct? Not much, except there wouldn’t be any polar bears. Other species like the brown bear would move into the polar bear’s place in the food chain. Net effect: Zero.

Hay liberals, let nature be nature and stop trying to interfere as nature has been known to wipe out anything that gets in the way of natural processes. That’s how nature works.

RedinBlueCounty on March 23, 2007 at 7:23 PM

let nature be nature

To a liberal, humans are not natural.

kmcguire on March 23, 2007 at 7:45 PM

To a liberal, humans are not natural.

kmcguire on March 23, 2007 at 7:45 PM

That’s pretty much what humans think of liberals.

Coronagold on March 23, 2007 at 9:49 PM

der bar ist CUUUUUUUTE ja!

-Wasteland Man

WastelandMan on March 23, 2007 at 10:15 PM

Knut is absolutely adorable, I am glad he made news again today. Made the day bearable with all the news out of DC.

I hope Knut leads a long, happy, and healthy life and produces more polar bears.

Mooseman

Mooseman on March 23, 2007 at 10:17 PM

I’m not worried about the demise of the polar bear.

Yeah, it’s not keeping me awake at night either.

Even if you grant the Vice Prophet everything he claims, it still gives polar bears a good 1,000 years to adapt. Animals are supposedly so in tune with nature that they can forecast earthquakes…and yet Al’s movie has some dumbass digital bear swimming around in warm water looking for ice.

P.S. My kids’ school sent home some weekly reader dealie with that “stranded” polar bear on the cover… yeah, so f#$* stranded some photographer was able to slog all his equipment out there, camp out and wait for the shot, take the pictures, pack up and walk back to his (fossil-fuel-powered) transportation. But crop crop, and instant global crisis.

saint kansas on March 24, 2007 at 5:56 AM