The Gathering of Eagles

posted at 2:30 am on March 19, 2007 by Bryan

Download for your iPod

Watch this episode on YouTube
Watch on iFilm

Comments

Great Vent Michelle!

Thank you for giving coverage of those supporting our nation, and whose demonstration will be discounted or ignored by the Mainstream Media (MSM).

I wish these patriots only the very best, and that their effort to express support for our government is appreciated.

omegaram on March 19, 2007 at 2:58 AM

Reports like this is the main reason I visit this site.

- The Cat

P.S. The (unitelligable) remark was “Pile” as in Gomer Pile, probably in the way that it was used in Full Metal Jacket.

P.P.S. You totally let go the fact that the one guy reads your blog. :)

P.P.P.S Telling the stories the MSM refuse to tell.

MirCat on March 19, 2007 at 3:07 AM

Awesome job! Thank you very much.

GoodBoy on March 19, 2007 at 4:02 AM

Thanks, Michelle.

bdfaith on March 19, 2007 at 4:45 AM

I linked from “The Day We Took Our Country Back — Part 2.” (Click my name; apparently I’m not allowed to leave links.)This is the dawning of the Age of the Eagle. Aquarius can kiss my sweet …

bdfaith on March 19, 2007 at 4:58 AM

Just an incredible showing. I think a lot of Americans learned the right lessons from Vietnam.

It also highlighted why you can’t worry about the MSM. No matter what we do, they will spin it negatively. All we can do is to continue to point out their dishonesty by getting the truth out. 80% of Americans think the MSM is biased. Getting 80% of Americans to agree on anything is nearly a miracle. The more dishonest they are the more people stop listening to them and the less influence they have. We saw that in spades in Lebanon.

TheBigOldDog on March 19, 2007 at 6:31 AM

The Best Vent Ever. BRAVO!!! Important work, expertly done. Just plain great.

The tears were flowing when the chant “USA USA” erupted… In the life and death struggle we call the War on Terror, these men and women, this Gathering of Eagles, understand that failure is not an option.

Thanks a million Hot Air.

Zorro on March 19, 2007 at 6:56 AM

Great work, Michelle.
My blood boils watching the “protesters” from the other side, who know full well they are helping the Islamic enemy. How has America allowed such poison in its culture?

Halley on March 19, 2007 at 6:59 AM

Well… that’s one of the reasons why America is great. We can have differing opinions. Cindy Sheehan can stand on her soap box and scream what most of us would happily spend a lifetime shouting down.

A private citizen (IMHO) can dissent all they want. However when its the MSM and Congress feeding us manure, then it’s a problem. People in leadership positions should act responsibly.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on March 19, 2007 at 7:23 AM

Thanks Michelle and the Hot Air crew for a wonderfully rousing and emotional Vent. I regret I could not be there but was in spirit. I did however catch the “other” protest on C-Span and it was very disheartening to watch and listen to their misguided (?) and uninformed opinions on the war and the state of our Union. One constant message was the need for socialism. This will apparently fix the ills of our society. They don’t seem to understand that this form of governance will curtail the very freedoms they enjoyed on Saturday.

Anyway, I wish more coverage was given to the Gathering of Eagles, for they are truly inspiring. May you keep flying high and proud and I hope one day I will join you with undying gratitude and thanks.

God Bless Our Troops in Harm’s Way – Poz

JohnnyD on March 19, 2007 at 7:24 AM

The finest thing I’ve seen all year. Press on, Eagles. To Victory.

Subsunk

Subsunk on March 19, 2007 at 7:41 AM

Great Vent MM. Thanks for helping us experience it.

csdeven on March 19, 2007 at 8:03 AM

Well done.

I know that those with the yellow signs are our fellow citizens. And I know that they are exercising their first Amendment rights.

But it does NOT excuse them from the consequences of their actions. And those consequences include extending the duration of the war by giving the enemy hope that they can hold out and ultimately prevail, just as these same people did during Vietnam. Hence, by REFUSING to support America in the war against global terrorism, they act as, and in support of, treason.

Just as they have their 1st Amendment rights, so do I.

And my expressed hope is that the leaders of this march, and certain Democrats go to prison for treason and sedition.

georgej on March 19, 2007 at 8:15 AM

I’ll echo many of the other sentiments above me, and thank MM for an excellent Vent.

I’ve always said (not that I’m the only one who says this), that the downfall of the US will not be a function of others overpowering us, it will be a function of people in our own country who subvert and undermine all that we’ve accomplished.

asc85 on March 19, 2007 at 8:37 AM

Brilliant

Mortis on March 19, 2007 at 8:43 AM

As a fun thing to do, watch it again and try to count the…

1) Che flags

2) Hamas flags

3) Hezballah flags

4) Anything with a socialist worker URL on it

Fun on a Monday!

Mortis on March 19, 2007 at 8:50 AM

The anti-war crowd was equaled if not outnumbered by the Eagles. I’ve got to tell you that it was very therapeutic hurling insults at that rag tag mob as they marched by. Beats hollering at your TV screen, anyway.

They had the usual Che Guevarra Marxists, freeze dried hippies who probably didn’t even know where they were, kollege kids w/o a klue, and jihadists in full regalia. They all seemed so angry that anyone would dare to challenge and defy them so vocally and in such large numbers. It was awesome to behold.

pistolero on March 19, 2007 at 8:53 AM

Er..uhm..ah..is that a Mao hat? ;)

Ropera on March 19, 2007 at 8:55 AM

Many thanks Michelle for the great coverage and support. I actively searched the television all day to try to find some sort of coverage and found VERY little mention anywhere, even on Fox. My friends reaction was that it must not have been that much of an event..I am glad to see she was mistaken.
My hope is that this is the first and not the last “Gathering of Eagles.”

saylorfam on March 19, 2007 at 8:56 AM

Thank you MM and crew. Might rethink what hat to wear next time.

Wade on March 19, 2007 at 9:00 AM

Fantastic Vent MM & Co. You really are getting to be a first rate news reporting source! I wish FOX would run this Vent in its entirety.

I have spent the better part of the weekend thinking about this historic event. In short, the adults have had enough of the children dressing up for the Mardi Gras parade, led by organizations that they have no clue about.

It must have been very disconcerting to be met by their Fathers, Mothers and Grandparents expressing complete disgust of their antics… U S A!!!

Babs on March 19, 2007 at 9:15 AM

Absolutely awesome. I could not be there, I had to work. Thanx MM for bringing it home.

chow on March 19, 2007 at 9:38 AM

What a contrast between clear-thinking, intelligent, and patriotic Americans and brain washed, bitter, anti-Americans. The former represents the silent majority in this great country. It would be nice if we didn’t have to deal with these fools of the left, but our resolve is great and we will always make America the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

liberty on March 19, 2007 at 9:47 AM

I finally made it to DC, through that storm, a little before 8am. What a great time! It did the heart so good to see so many counter protesters.

It’s so amazing to see now how the MSM distorts…and as Michelle points out…LIES about the numbers, et al. But it’s certainly no suprise. And that WaPo picture…

Tried to find Michelle, but it wasn’t to be…I just can’t get over the “non-coverage” the Eagles get in the media. Pathetic.

JetBoy on March 19, 2007 at 9:50 AM

EXCELLENT.

Bob's Kid on March 19, 2007 at 9:53 AM

Meanwhile, on Cspan Saturday, we all got treated to a rally of maybe 100 or so moon bats listening to more just like them at the microphone screaming stuff like down with America, we need modern socialism, more money to Haiti and Latin America, Islam is a peaceful religion, impeach Bush, illegal war, blah, blah, blah…

NRA4Freedom on March 19, 2007 at 10:11 AM

This is off topic but I felt it would provide a lot of hotair fodder for a couple of weeks…..

Today, MSNBC is doing a day long hit piece on the war in Iraq. Shameless left wing jerk-offs. Richard Engel started his negative report by presenting himself as an unbiased journalist. In the very next sentance he is offering his opinion as to what needs to be done now.

What a tool.

csdeven on March 19, 2007 at 10:11 AM

If the antiwar demonstrators support the troops, why are so many of them dressing up to look like mujahedeen?

Isn’t that the purpose of wearing the keffiyah- to show solidarity with the Muj?

Any Soldier or Marine serving in the WOT would understand the significance of wearing that garb, and know that these jerks are rooting for the enemy even while they claim to support the troops.

Why in the world would an antiwar demonstration which claims to support the troops ALLOW members to dress like mujahedeen at their rally?? Not really sending a unified message there, Moonflower.

Honestly, the lefties in this country are so damn stupid it’s breathtaking.

lauraw on March 19, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Honestly, the lefties in this country are so damn stupid it’s breathtaking.

lauraw on March 19, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups. We have people in America who not only espouse the virtues of stupidity, but have made careers out of it (Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton, et all).

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on March 19, 2007 at 10:34 AM

Incredible video ———- says it all. 40 years late, but it says it all.

God bless the Eagles.

Proudly served –
SS/USO Vietnam
1968-1969

Gull on March 19, 2007 at 10:41 AM

OMG! That is an incredible vent!

Very very well done. Thank you for bringing it to us.

Any chance you get get FOX to broadcast it?

CrazyFool on March 19, 2007 at 10:44 AM

Hey Michele… why don’t you get O’Reily to watch this?

Romeo13 on March 19, 2007 at 10:55 AM

Who came up for the name for this event?

honora on March 19, 2007 at 11:03 AM

I heard about this anti-anti-protest on the radio this morning and the crowd was described as only 20 or 30 strong. Your video shows otherwise and it seems there were enough people to at least force acknowledgment by the media. Hats off!

Next rally could be called People with Jobs Protest judging by the opposition.

MRegine on March 19, 2007 at 11:11 AM

Excellent job Michelle et al. Very moving and inspiring. Thank you.

RobertCSampson on March 19, 2007 at 11:11 AM

It’s amazing to me that my friends and acquaintances on the left deny how they treat our Veterans. They also clearly lie about supporting our troops. It was all there to see Saturday.

After witnessing these moonbats gone wild, all I could do was feel sorry for them. Uninformed lunacy. The Che tees always crack me up. I honestly think these people are too daft to realize what they’re supporting.

The Vets I met (and continue to meet) were much like the men and women MM interviewed. Classy, thoughtful and patriotic. The WP reports were typical. This is why I refuse to read my hometown papaer.

Great report MM…maybe the best ever Vent.

Malpaso on March 19, 2007 at 11:39 AM

If ours was The Gathering of Eagles, was the left The Gathering of Vultures?

allie on March 19, 2007 at 11:47 AM

WONDERFUL Vent, Michelle. SGT Fields said it well, that these kids protesting are getting BS fed to them in college by leftist professors like Ward Churchill and they are believing the lies and not bothering to check the facts they are fed. Sad. But so encouraging to see the show of unity in the Gathering of Eagles. Yes, it truely is the “Age of the Eagle”. Screw Aquarius. That dog don’t hunt no more.

As a side note, with the “Plame Game” playing out last week and the total distortion of the facts of the case, I find it amazing that any one can stand to live in the DC area. With the huge volume of, um, Bovine Feces that is obviously piling ever deeper in the halls of Congress and flowing out into the countryside, the stench in that city must be unbearable. It must make our Colorado cattle feedlots seem like rose gardens! Eeeuuuwww!

Great job, Michelle & Company! Great job, Eagles! Hooah!

Roger Brown on March 19, 2007 at 11:56 AM

Hey Michele… why don’t you get O’Reily to watch this?

Romeo13 on March 19, 2007 at 10:55 AM

Ditto this Michelle, Bryan! We can’t let the mission end with this report. We have to push the message of MSM coverup on every possible outlet. Use your connections! Tell us how we can help.

The Ritz on March 19, 2007 at 12:12 PM

Great job!
Congratulations for your huge success.

gatewaypundit on March 19, 2007 at 12:28 PM

Fantastic Job MM and Crew…..

Thanks to all who were there….

robo on March 19, 2007 at 12:34 PM

The leftists didn’t touch the Vietnam Memorial, as they have other memorials…I wonder why?

right2bright on March 19, 2007 at 12:40 PM

Great Vent!

The communists have gone a long way to capture the minds of so many young Americans but it seems that finally the rest of America is waking up. Thanks for your good work and for the Gathering of Eagles. May they continue to fly, higher and higher!

Avila Beach on March 19, 2007 at 12:49 PM

Thank you MM and Hot Air for covering the Eagles with fairness and honesty. Those patriots deserve at least that much but unfortunately they won’t get it from many (if any) MSM sources.

Yakko77 on March 19, 2007 at 12:55 PM

right2bright on March 19, 2007 at 12:40 PM

Hehe..it might be all those Vets in Biker gear.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get to go, tho I reaaaaally wanted to. But I was represented by my father, and his Rolling Thunder buddies. I’m so proud of them, and you all who went! It’s incredible the turnout…and the sheer patience that all our people showed.

Michelle, great job, a hundred times over! You are just the sort of brilliant, civic-minded, proud patriot we need to voice our outrage at the idiocy on the left. I wish I could’ve been there with you!

God Bless our Troops, our vets, YOU and this wonderful country.

tickleddragon on March 19, 2007 at 1:20 PM

Great job.

EnochCain on March 19, 2007 at 2:15 PM

Thank you for your dedicated coverage, Michelle.

Will these patriots be back next year and the next and the next? I sure hope the NEW generation of Veterans will strap on their leather in forty years and come out twice as strong.

GREAT SHOW, EAGLES!

seejanemom on March 19, 2007 at 2:25 PM

You are right. You won’t find this kind of coverage from the news outlets. Thanks guys!

Kini on March 19, 2007 at 2:47 PM

THANKS MM & HA I belive you have just shown one of the BEST VENTS ever. I am so proud of my fellow borthers and sisters who took the time to show what America is really all about. The lefty moonbats are still living back 40 years and STILL haven’t a clue. I am sure glad I fought so they could look like complete fools compared to the Eagles.

bones47 on March 19, 2007 at 4:02 PM

Everybody needs to read this. It’s one of the best articles I’ve read in a very long time:

Power to the People

Here’s the end:

Walking home, I reflected on what the antiwar movement has degenerated into — a squabbling collection of aging socialists, pro-Palestinian militants, and cowardly anarchists. The Vietnam vets — who were there just to protect our monuments and show support for the troops — had a surprising effect on the protestors. “Fight back! Fight back!” was one of the protestors’ slogans. But it was all talk. When confronted by people who actually fought and bled for their country, the protestors grew sheepish and embarrassed — I would even say humiliated.

I couldn’t help but notice that the anarchists – the supposed hardcore fringe of the movement – waited until they were safely out of range of the veterans to burn a flag. Afraid of the vets, afraid of the cops, they don’t seem to be good for much other than occasionally smashing storefront windows when there’s no one else around.

“Whose streets? Our streets!”, they chanted. Not on Saturday they weren’t.

TheBigOldDog on March 19, 2007 at 4:18 PM

Excellent story TheBigOldDog, thanks for the link.

Yakko77 on March 19, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Michelle and KP will be on O’R in a moment… this ought to be good!

Zorro on March 19, 2007 at 8:35 PM

Sanity prevailed and hopefully we’ll be able to say the same in 20-30 years.

Thank you GoE and thank you HA.

Thanks BOD – that’s a great article.

Entelechy on March 19, 2007 at 9:40 PM

Hehe..it might be all those Vets in Biker gear.

I think it had more to do with the metal detectors and cops than it did the Vets.

There were more than enough loons (on both sides) looking for a fight (me included) that it could of been ugly. I’m not sure if we got lucky, or were just smart enough not to pay for someone elses lawyer’s retirement.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on March 19, 2007 at 9:40 PM