Gathering of Eagles photo essay; Update: Fox News interviews Kristinn Taylor about GoE

posted at 10:43 am on March 19, 2007 by Bryan

Michelle and I spent Saturday morning among patriots and moonbats. Here are a few of the things we saw.

cindysThe Cindys, Sheehan and McKinney.

truthTrue dat.

yellowYellow is the color of cowardice.

vigilVigil at the wall.

hoaxThe first interview in today’s show, Dan, was a NYC firefighter at the WTC on 9-11. He has had 7 surgeries to correct medical problems that began during the three weeks he spent digging through the rubble, finding his friends and comrades killed that day. Understandably, he’s not a fan of signs like this one.

terroristsOf course not. The “anti-war” protestors know deep down that the terrorists would kill them. Or they’re on the terrorists’ side.

hehHeh.

flagsGathering of Eagles main area.

lloydmarcusSinger Lloyd Marcus. As we were approaching the stage, the CD that was supposed to provide his background track started skipping. So he sang it a capella. He’s the singer at the end of today’s show.

libertarianThat guy with the cardboard sign…is he from the CATO Institute?

their flagsIf it’s not Che, it’s flags of other countries. Go read this to hear what some of the peace-loving anti-war types think of our flag.

workers worldCommunist handing out a Spanish print of Workers World newspaper–a Communist rag.

riiiightThese people wouldn’t know the truth if it bit them on the backside.

Update (AP): Here’s head Freeper and GoE organizer Kristinn Taylor on FNC this morning. The boss is mentioned.

Michelle says Taylor’s right to complain about Fox’s coverage:

Megyn Kendall pointed out that they did cover the protest/counterprotest. But it was superficial and concentrated mostly on the anti-war freaks. I regret to say that Kristinn was absolutely right: It was a missed opportunity for Fox.

Comments

Great work, Bryan! Thanks for you and Michelle, who can show those of us in the rest of the country both the heartache and the great patriots we have! You guys do a wonderful job!

Vanceone on March 19, 2007 at 10:50 AM

Cool pics! I’ve gotta go through them all, I’m glad that our side came out strong. Hopefully we’ll start to get better at assembling counterprotests. We don’t really have a strong demonstration culture on the right.

Bad Candy on March 19, 2007 at 11:12 AM

More Gitmo breaking news:

Waleed Mohammed Bin Attash said to admit role in Guantanamo hearing

Brace for the “torture” rhetoric.

Matticus Finch on March 19, 2007 at 11:16 AM

BTW, he admits to participating in the USS Cole attack.

Matticus Finch on March 19, 2007 at 11:17 AM

I’m glad to see photographic evidence of the GoE as the story is at best a footnote in the MSM. Their stories on the four year anniversary of the Iraqi invasion speak about slanted polls (do I favor war?) and aged protestors, but never mention true grassroots movements that support our troops AND support victory.

BohicaTwentyTwo on March 19, 2007 at 11:20 AM

Great pictures and wonderful coverage of the event.

I especially liked the vigil at the wall picture. I went to the wall a while back, as a Junior in high school actually (1983)..the memory still brings tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat.

Pulchritudinous Patriot on March 19, 2007 at 11:44 AM

Amazing… I watched Fox and they had NO significant coverage of the larger event… they bought into the Anti War script as well….

Wow…. spin.. spin… spin…

Romeo13 on March 19, 2007 at 11:49 AM

“But it was superficial and concentrated mostly on the anti-war freaks. I regret to say that Kristinn was absolutely right: It was a missed opportunity for Fox.”

There is a good reason for that. GoE was a real grass roots operation. Unless the reporters at Fox had been on the blogs following it ahead of time, they would have never known. The ANSWER protest had a professional PR agency working for it, Fenton Communications, who got the word out to all the news media and organized all their various client freak groups.

The Fox crews probably had no idea what was really going on and are only going to get an idea of the scope of it afterwards. Lets hope they NOW report on the scale of what went on.

crosspatch on March 19, 2007 at 11:51 AM

Reporters are not supposed to take handouts from PR agencies, political groups or parties and report it without any critical investigation. That’s journalistic malpractice and unfortunately, the norm. Why? Because they only report what fits their ideological agendas? Because they are lazy? Because they are incompetent? Whatever the answer, it’s unacceptable.

TheBigOldDog on March 19, 2007 at 12:05 PM

I went to counter A.N.S.W.E.R. her in Seattle yesterday. We did get in the news eventhou we were not has many

Gwillie on March 19, 2007 at 12:30 PM

I loved “Anti-Americ… uh, anti-war folks…”

Farmer_Joe on March 19, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Thanks, Bryan, for being there and for the pics. I linked from “The Day We Took Our Country Back — Part 2.” This is the dawning of The Age Of The Eagle. Aquarius can kiss my sweet middle-aged …

bdfaith on March 19, 2007 at 12:53 PM

That guy with the cardboard sign…is he from the CATO Institute?

I call a foul for gratuitous CATO-bashing!

marykatharine on March 19, 2007 at 12:55 PM

I call a foul for gratuitous CATO-bashing!

Hehehe. Just a little joke.

Bryan on March 19, 2007 at 12:57 PM

That guy with the cardboard sign…is he from the CATO Institute?

— Bryan (caption under 10th photo)

Why the snarky comment about CATO? Is that suppose to be a joke? CATO is a very fine organization. Here is their Mission Statement, and they live up to it !!

Cato’s Mission

The Cato Institute seeks to broaden the parameters of public policy debate to allow consideration of the traditional American principles of limited government, individual liberty, free markets and peace. Toward that goal, the Institute strives to achieve greater involvement of the intelligent, concerned lay public in questions of policy and the proper role of government.

Maxx on March 19, 2007 at 1:01 PM

Ohhhh.. sooo… this IS the Vast Right Wing Conspiricy!!!

Wonderin where it was…

Romeo13 on March 19, 2007 at 1:03 PM

It’s just a joke, Maxx, that’s all. Keep your knickers in a wad over it and you’ll just look silly.

Bryan on March 19, 2007 at 1:08 PM

It’s tough to express how much the GoE effort meant to those of us here in Iraq watching it. It feels really good to know the Vietnam Vets and the rest of you have got our backs.

THANK-YOU!!

LT Jason Nichols
MNF-I, Baghdad

Jason on March 19, 2007 at 1:09 PM

“No offense but that’s a lame excuse. You show up and look around and you do what reporters are supposed to do, investigate. That’s why the send Reporters.”

Just sayin that if that reporter had no idea about the GoE, the only thing the reporter could know about it was what was seen at the location the reporter was in. I might guess that the reporter couldn’t see ALL of the GoE and might have had no idea of the scope of it at the time. This would be true if there were several groups of Eagles at different locations. Sort of like the blind man touching an elephant.

Having said that, I would expect that Fox would know *today* what was going on and I would expect their reporting to change as the scope of it becomes obvious to them.

Also, just a tip for future such gatherings … crowd estimates are often made by how much space the demonstrators take up. One trick the ani-war crowd uses is to stand apart from each other with plenty of space around each person. I have seen pictures of demonstrations in San Francisco where there is a good 3 or 4 feet of space around each individual protester. They spread out so the group takes up more space and it makes the crowd estimates larger.

crosspatch on March 19, 2007 at 1:11 PM

I had a blast! It was great to see soo many Eagles. The other side didn’t have a clue what they were in for and spent the better part just taking photos of us in sheer amazement that people actually came to squelch their non-sense! Next, time I think I’ll find some audio equipment to have closer to the front lines. I do have one question…about 3/4′s of the way through the parade of cowards with there appropiatly colored signs there was a guy taking notes as he looked at us? What was up with that nut job?

KineticJustice on March 19, 2007 at 1:12 PM

Bryan on March 19, 2007 at 1:08 PM

OK…. I see that now. I was still writing my comment at the time you posted yours (just above mine and only 4 minutes apart). Next question, why the snarky comment about me?

Maxx on March 19, 2007 at 1:22 PM

Maxx, cuz you were asking for it.

Bad Candy on March 19, 2007 at 1:53 PM

I gotta be me.

Maxx on March 19, 2007 at 1:56 PM

Nice work Bryan and Michelle and the GOE rocks ! Its so refreshing to see the LEFT get hooted down for a change. May it become the norm.

Maxx on March 19, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Thanks Maxx. At one point we were slated to go to SXSW this past weekend, but when the GoE started developing Michelle made the call to support and attend that instead. It was exactly the right choice. We wouldn’t have missed the GoE for the world.

Bryan on March 19, 2007 at 2:11 PM

we need to clone krystinn taylor. if there were a hundred of him, the radical left would be well in hand by now.

jummy on March 19, 2007 at 2:30 PM

Megyn Kendall pointed out that they did cover the protest/counterprotest.

Megyn, you’re easy on the eyes and everything, but you just lied through your teeth.

I watched FOX news an the majority of the coverage was on the Anti-American protest.

You have to remember Megyn, we are watching…….. and this just will… not……. do!

Excellent job Michelle and Bryan!

PinkyBigglesworth on March 19, 2007 at 3:18 PM

Outstanding work Bryan and Michelle! It was great to see you at the Gathering of Eagles and even greater to get a photo taken.

I think the FREAKS were surprised. Normally, they don’t get any counter-protestors, or if they do, it’s just one or 2 and they can shout them down, but not this time.

This time, thanks to all the VETERANS and BIKERS and FAMILIES from around the country, the Moonbats know that there IS the patriotic side that wants to win in Iraq and doesn’t undermine our Troops or their efforts.

My favorite sign was, “They never protest the terrorists”.

flagwaver on March 19, 2007 at 5:18 PM

Bryan on March 19, 2007 at 2:11 PM

MM must be from the CATO Institute. This is why she is the boss. Good decisions.

Wade on March 19, 2007 at 6:50 PM

Our ‘intellectuals’, the blame America first crowd.

Entelechy on March 19, 2007 at 7:11 PM

Thank you so much. I was stuck in a motel all weekend with the communist news network and USA Today, which I would not even wrap fish in, and saw nothing but mama moonbat encouraging people to not pay their taxes (c-span, i think). BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! It brought tears to my eyes….oh g-d, please let her be the first to try to set a precedent….THANK YOU, EAGLES. My dad came home terminally ill from Viet Nam, and if I hadn’t just broken a leg I’d have been up there, bodily if necessary, against that wall to protect it from the vermin. My sainted Mama thanks you, as well.

thebookkeeper on March 19, 2007 at 8:05 PM

Cindy should support our troops her own son.

There fixed that for ya!

urbancenturion on March 20, 2007 at 1:18 AM

(apologies for ripping off someone else’s style, I succumbed to temptation)

urbancenturion on March 20, 2007 at 1:18 AM