Video: Evan Coyne Maloney on “Indoctrinate U”

posted at 10:42 pm on March 18, 2007 by Allahpundit

His cable company failed him tonight; luckily, HA is here to pick up the slack. Veteran right-wing blog readers will remember him for playing a memorable prank on clueless anti-war protesters and conducting some amateur anthropology research on Inauguration Day 2005. Since then he’s been working on a full-length documentary about the liberal hivemind on college campuses. It was scheduled for release last fall but pushed back to this spring, occasioning this appearance on “Hannity’s America” to talk it up.

A high-rez trailer is available at the film’s newly launched website. The punkish soundtrack and footage of him being escorted out of buildings by uncomfortable authority figures makes him look like a conservative Michael Moore. Minus about 450 pounds. Click the image to watch.

indoctrinateu.jpg

Comments

I remember this back when I was a member of ProtestWarrior.com ….well when ProtestWarrior was still up and running anyway.

EnochCain on March 18, 2007 at 10:48 PM

This is why I thank God for sites like this one. With all of the leftist propaganda and intolerance for anything else on (and off) our campuses, every voice of dissent is most welcome.

hillbillyjim on March 18, 2007 at 11:35 PM

‘Bout time. Wondered wtf happened to this..

Just a shame that he could only it promo’d on Hannity’s America

Reaps on March 19, 2007 at 12:15 AM

In a previous thread, I was trying to get to this point…

billy on March 18, 2007 at 12:41 AM
I agree, billy, this thread has even brouht a tear to my eye when I saw, and read the mulitple links…….

Simple question, billy……

What is your defenition of what an “American” is?

I am really curious to know your point of reference, that’s all, not trying to slam you, just, ” after all your education, how do you see yourself, as a citizen of the United States Of America”, what is your view point?

After reading many of your posts, some of them very humours, I would really like to know………..

Nonfactor……. you can join in, too…..

PinkyBigglesworth on March 18, 2007 at 1:43 AM

billy, if you are reading this, please, let me apologize, in front of everyone, that I may have been quick on the draw, but this thread is what I am getting at.

When view points are given, and I don’t have a reference, I try to be fair to say, “what are you talking about”?

Some statements on this blog, just blow my mind, and I want to ask, “Where the heck did you hear that?”

Now it is on film….

If anyone wants to know… “What is my defenition of what an “American” is?”, I will start by saying, it is not what is being taught in our school system, en total…..

Again, billy, my apologies…..

PinkyBigglesworth on March 19, 2007 at 12:15 AM

Theres nothing more close minded and intolerant than an open minded tolerant liberal.

lorien1973 on March 19, 2007 at 12:15 AM

I’ve heard John McWhorter speaking on this subject before. He and others make so much sense. The comment about every special interest group having their own “center” and how campuses are so segregated speaks to the stultifying hypocrisy of “inclusion speech” and tolerance when it comes from those who, in their own arrogant and self-righteous proclamations, stand on their soap boxes and preach tolerance to rest of us.

thedecider on March 19, 2007 at 12:16 AM

Penn and Teller did an episode on Colleges and covered a whole gamut of things to be concerned about. I watch all of their episodes and dismiss much of their content because I’m a closed minded fairy tale believer but this is one of the episodes I have on Tivo for ever.
Penn and Teller on College

TBinSTL on March 19, 2007 at 12:41 AM

And I want that Reductio Ad Absurdum logo on a sticker. Then I can go to uni this Wednesday and plonk them on top of all the Socialist Alliance flyers flooding the campus.

Reaps on March 19, 2007 at 12:52 AM

Click here and sing up in support, and in order to help show the film in more places. Also, propagate by letting your acquaintances and relatives know.

Entelechy on March 19, 2007 at 12:58 AM

Sadly, I think we’re to the point where the university as it was once known, is irredeemable.
Sad but unfortunately true.
PinkyBigglesworth on March 19, 2007 at 12:15 AM

I like to mix it up on right-center blogs, the leftie ones are just pointless.
Try typing “You know, I quite like Dick Cheney” on firedoglake.com and see what happens.
300 btw, was awesome.

billy on March 19, 2007 at 1:14 AM

300 btw, was awesome.

billy on March 19, 2007 at 1:14 AM

Glad you liked it, so did I, again, I apologize,your thoughts and insights are always welcome….. as are everyone’s….

PinkyBigglesworth on March 19, 2007 at 1:26 AM

PinkyBigglesworth on March 19, 2007 at 1:26 AM
No reason to apologize, when we disagree, we disagree. There is far more open and frank discussion on this side of the internets than on the left.
Groupthink is a bad thing. Agreed?

billy on March 19, 2007 at 1:34 AM

Agreed………

PinkyBigglesworth on March 19, 2007 at 1:41 AM

Ooops.. Agreed……..

PinkyBigglesworth on March 19, 2007 at 1:43 AM

Saturday morning the missus and I watched (on C-SPAN) David Horowitz debate Cary Nelson, president of the American Association of University Professors.

Here’s how the AAUP’s website described it:

AAUP president Cary Nelson debated right-wing activist David Horowitz March 4 as part of a conference organized by Students for Academic Freedom, a conservative group that is affiliated with Horowitz.

Horowitz has been the impetus behind bills, introduced in many state legislatures, that seek to impose legislative oversight of [state-funded and state-run] colleges and universities because of a presumed liberal bias in higher education. The debate highlighted Horowitz’s tendency to sweeping generalizations. In response to Horowitz’s arguments that professors should limit their teaching to areas of expertise as defined by their doctoral research, Nelson pointed out that many professors develop multiple areas of expertise. He used himself as an example, as he teaches poetry but has written five books on the Spanish civil war and five on the politics of higher education.

Nelson also strove to clarify AAUP policy on academic freedom, which has often been misrepresented by Horowitz. Horowitz’s published work is characterized by sloppy research and factual inaccuracies; for example, while he relies heavily on anecdotes about students who have experienced liberal bias, many of these have been demonstrated to be false.

First, I approached this with an open mind. But c’mon: In Nelson’s opening statement he did the standard “establish my liberal cred” thing (as if the aging hippie look didn’t cover that); he relayed an anecdote about how he met Rick Santorum and considered giving him his raging cold germs.

And Horowitz gave example after example, as did actual students profiled in his book who attended; Nelson’s response to a young woman who relayed her story was “if in fact,” “as you claim,” “if what you’re alleging,” etc.

The Spanish Civil War crap above was Nelson’s response to a prof using her social work class to slag Bush nonstop. Just because she was hired on her social work background doesn’t mean she doesn’t have other interests, see.

Academia is clearly the liberal Alamo, the last enclave of pure liberalism, and they’ll fight any attempt to corrupt it with reality. Money quote from Horowitz: “You deal with your fantasies of what conservatives are, rather than the conservatives themselves.”

Depressing.

saint kansas on March 19, 2007 at 6:36 AM

Looks like an excellent documentary. It’s a problem that needs to be pointed out, and addressed.

Personally, I would like to see conservatives storm the gates of the university as potential faculty. Not as conservative faculty, but as good faculty with open minds who just happen to be conservative.

Slublog on March 19, 2007 at 8:57 AM

You go Evan! I know Evan has been working on this film for a couple of years now. I wish him (and the film) the best.

Babs on March 19, 2007 at 9:31 AM

I once taught English at a major metropolitan university as an adjunct lecturer. This was in the mid 1980s when it seemed, to me, that the “academy” (in the larger sense of the term) was being used as an incubator to produce little lefties. We couldn’t get through a faculty meeting without someone mentioning the word “Reagan” (no matter what the context) and getting a lot of forced belly laughs, groans, and eye-rolls. Kinda like in Young Frankenstein: whenever Frau Blucher’s name is mentioned, the horses outside whinny.

I didn’t consider myself a conservative at that time, but I got weary of that shite.

Gottafang on March 19, 2007 at 9:50 AM

makes him look like a conservative Michael Moore. Minus about 450 pounds.

I disagree. Michael Moore is a shameless liar and a scumbag. I have never seen this guys stuff before, but he IS telling it like it is.

csdeven on March 19, 2007 at 9:54 AM

Anyone know where I can download Brainwashing 101 and Brainwashing 201? All of the links I found on google are now defunct.

Darth Executor on March 19, 2007 at 10:10 AM

Yeah, I’d like to see more of this, it looks awesome, and this is the first time I’ve heard anything about it. And from what I’ve seen, its dead on.

I hope this thing gets a major distribution, I think it could take off in theaters, documentaries are getting more attention because of Gore and the Fatass from Flint, I just don’t want it to end up getting played on an obscure weekend slot on FNC and dying on the vine.

Bad Candy on March 19, 2007 at 10:32 AM

exquisitely sensitive

LOL!

WriterMom on March 19, 2007 at 11:12 AM

What campus profs don’t understand is that the smarter kids – the ones with critical thinking skills who aren’t subject to their brainwashing (i.e. the conservatives) – are learning by force how to intellectually combat them and destroy their arguments. The profs are teaching them their arguments, their tactics, exposing their (the left’s) true point of view and that can be used against them in the future when needed. In a way, if kids are forced to play their game, then they can use their own game against them in the future.

foxforce91 on March 19, 2007 at 11:42 AM

Darth Executor on March 19, 2007 at 10:10 AM

I have been following Evan for years. He’s a great guy. He used to have the videos for downloading on his his website, http://www.brain-terminal.com. I loved the man in the street interview he did with Michael Moore.

Glynn on March 19, 2007 at 12:17 PM

I’m no vet, so thanks for the background info. If I weren’t married, I’d have a serious crush on him.

Esthier on March 19, 2007 at 12:51 PM