Video: Foreign policy da way it oughta be

posted at 7:01 pm on March 16, 2007 by Allahpundit

Who’s stupider — Blitzer for thinking that Donald Trump sharing his pensees on the war is some big “get”, Drudge for teasing this shinola at the top of the page, or me for blogging it? Let’s go with me. That’s usually the safe answer.

I’ll link the full video later when CNN posts it. It’s actually great television, not only for the humor value in watching Wolf hang on his every word but for the sheer spectacle of a man with an orange rodent on his head smugly reciting one crushingly banal, simplistic platitude after another. The highlight is his grand gesture to wounded troops with his take on Condi Rice, which veers off the cliff into self-parody, a close second.

Here’s a selection of choice soundbites.

Update: Actually, I don’t know. Isn’t his mock outrage at gender discrimination in the Iraqi-strongman selection process the most ridiculous part? It’s so hard to choose!

Comments

I didn’t have a lot of respect for Trump before hearing this, it is now in the negative realm of the toilet with him. Only a matter of time till he and that fat dame will be kissing and making up.

bbz123 on March 16, 2007 at 7:16 PM

Trumps an idiot….

If we had gone into Iraq during DS 1 we would NOT be having the probs there now. We had more support then than now.

I do agree about Condi though…

Romeo13 on March 16, 2007 at 7:22 PM

WTF!? Why is he on there? Seriously? And what’s with the “New Developments” at the bottom of the screen? How is this a new development? This guy means absolutely nothing! Further, he’s said all of this before, but not as an expert being interviewed by Wolf “So poor and so black” Blitzer. Even if it was Nancy Pelosi, it’s not a “new development”, because it’s not “new”.

Bravo CNN, you’ve managed to top a female anchor trashing her sister in law to a coworker while she’s on the pot with her microphone still on, overtop of a speech by the president. This is CNN.

RightWinged on March 16, 2007 at 7:22 PM

I think The Donald’s just trying to get back on Rosie’s good side.

Blaise on March 16, 2007 at 7:25 PM

Easy Friday test – Blitzer.

Entelechy on March 16, 2007 at 7:26 PM

Trump still pushing his WWE event, I see. Trump is good at getting buzz. Curious – does he mention the WWE event at some point? If so; that’s the entire angle for being there.

lorien1973 on March 16, 2007 at 7:38 PM

Yup, he sure does.

Allahpundit on March 16, 2007 at 7:39 PM

This coming from a rich dolt that fights like a two year old with Rosie O’Donut. Sorry Donald, you’re fair entertainment but otherwise you’re an idiot/

rplat on March 16, 2007 at 7:44 PM

I think lorien1973 hit it. Anything to keep his name out there.

vcferlita on March 16, 2007 at 7:45 PM

I think The Donald’s just trying to get back on Rosie’s good side.

I’ll take the bait…

“Where is her good side?”

Coyote D. on March 16, 2007 at 7:54 PM

What can I say . .he’s corporate and managment all in one.

– The Cat

MirCat on March 16, 2007 at 8:13 PM

I think The Donald’s just trying to get back on Rosie’s good side.
I’ll take the bait…

“Where is her good side?”

Coyote D. on March 16, 2007 at 7:54 PM

A sphere has no sides.

– The Cat

MirCat on March 16, 2007 at 8:14 PM

Did he pimp his WWF gig?

Alden Pyle on March 16, 2007 at 8:23 PM

That Donald Trump knows how to run casinos and make money off them does not mean he has a clue with respect to national security, foreign policy and defense matters. The fact is that Trump does not have a clue about such matters. So don’t pay him any attention when he tries to talk about them.

Phil Byler on March 16, 2007 at 8:43 PM

I let returning injured Iraqi soldiers come to the premises.

And let me tell you Wolfe. Mar Lago is the classiest club these Iraqi soldiers have ever been to. It’s first-class and first rate all the way, at the fabulous Palm Beach every Monday-twice! so far- they really learn the art of the deal, unlike that state department broad who doesn’t know anything…
This is CNN, the most trusted name in news….

billy on March 16, 2007 at 8:53 PM

Excuse my language please! I try not to use these words, but the Donald needs to STFU. I guess the Rosie feud was losing awareness and he needed to kick it up a notch.

SCGOPgirl on March 16, 2007 at 9:06 PM

Yup, he sure does.

Allahpundit on March 16, 2007 at 7:39 PM

You should really add that to this blog entry to underscore the point. That this is about Trump getting mass TV coverage for his WWE event. What better way to get on CNN than to bash bush.

lorien1973 on March 16, 2007 at 9:23 PM

A sphere has no sides.

– The Cat

MirCat on March 16, 2007 at 8:14 PM

Touche

Coyote D. on March 16, 2007 at 9:31 PM

We went to war with a country a second time to finish the regime and this proves it was done great the first time?

Resolute on March 16, 2007 at 9:50 PM

Thanks for blogging this. No one watched it on CNN.

Valiant on March 16, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Trump’s opinions on these matters is as relevant as those of pretty boys who read off of a teleprompter while smiling into a camera. It’s also apparent that the information he receives is limited to the network news and the NY Times.

eagles5 on March 17, 2007 at 12:27 AM

Trump is NBC’s lefty boy….he gets out in the media based on his wealth and thinks he knows what’s best for all of us.
The Marxists at NBC squeeze tight….and Trump does their leftist bidding…to keep his crappy show on the air. Pathetic.

lynnv on March 17, 2007 at 8:25 AM

“How do they get out? How do they get out? They get out, that’s how they get out!” Heh.

aengus on March 17, 2007 at 8:30 AM

In the late 70’s Col Charles Beckwith was tasked with putting the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (1st SFOD-D). 1st SFOD-D is commonly known by the name Delta Force. In the early stages the Col. went and visited many places to see how they were trained and organized, GSG9, SAS etc. One of the places the Col entourage went was Kellogg’s, maker of many different cereals. While there the Col. made the statement “Men we’re not making corn flakes.” Well Donald, the fine soldiers, marines, airmen and sailors aren’t buying and selling real estate. And oh yeah, Rosie, they’re not making a movie or doing stand up either. Bottom line; don’t talk like you’re an expert on things you have no clue about. And Rosie there’s a little course at Camp Mackall NC called SERE-C. It might give you a clue about torture, doubt it, but it will help you lose weight.

SPIFF1669 on March 17, 2007 at 9:27 AM

Donald Trump? Giving advice?

The guy who keeps getting married, divorced, remarried and divorced wants to give advice on running a war?

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Here’s a guy who’s been bankrupt twice, and everyone thinks he’s financial genius.

I’ve never been bankrupt.

Wander on March 17, 2007 at 12:04 PM