Dean visiting world leaders to undermine Bush

posted at 5:06 pm on March 15, 2007 by Allahpundit

Probably the most irritating thing about this is how superfluous it is. No one needs to be personally informed by the American left’s minister plenipotentiary that U.S. policy will change if a Democrat’s elected. He’s announcing this purely for domestic consumption, so that the nutroots can get their rocks off imagining Dean-o urging various heads of state to run out the clock on Bush rather than cooperate with him.

It’s the sort of thing that usually involves Waffles, not Dean, and tends to happen in front of crowds, not behind closed doors, but it comes from the same not-in-my-name impulse that’s tying the Dems in knots now over their withdrawal plans. They’re looking for a way to take control of the war without “owning” it, ownership being reserved for Bush alone. Same with foreign policy: it’s not America’s, it’s his, which is why Dean can be so casual in admitting to having flouted it and Hillary can be so cavalier about the prospect of ethnic cleansing in Iraq. Why should she have to worry about that as president? That’s Bush’s mess, not America’s.

I don’t know what’s more alienating, the fact that they care so unduly what “the world” thinks of them or that disclaiming allegiance to the Chimperor is so mainstream that Ace could float a joke like this with perfect confidence that everyone would get it.

More here from the Princess. Exit question: Which “world leaders” has Dean-o been chatting with?

Comments

Heh, that post is a prime example why Ace has the best blog on the right.

Bad Candy on March 15, 2007 at 5:10 PM

What I find sickening is that this is just the latest example of the Democratic Party actively aiding the enemy. Having leaders of the opposition party go around the world advocating a different foreign policy is not just shameful and unheard of, it fulfills the promise made by Democrats to the enemy – You guys explode a few IEDs and car bombs and we’ll continue to run your “divide and conquer” campaign back in the United States.

Does anyone think there is any other motivation here? I’m dying to hear it. This is nothing but Dean saying “See, we’re doing our part terrorists, now you just keep killing innocent people and we PROMISE you a victory against the great satan, and millions of recruits that will follow such a victory. Don’t give up. We know from your captured correspondence over the years that you’re desperate and losing, but as in the past we’ll get our MSM worked up with soundbytes of “quagmire” and “Bush lied” and “Halliburton”, and as long as you can manage to put up decent numbers of dead innocents we can drag down approval for the war even further. We know the U.S. Military is kicking your ass, but we promise, just another 20 months and it will all be over. And when you can, please kill American troops, that really helps our cause.

Please, someone tell me where I’m wrong and that this isn’t what Dean and the Dems are saying to the enemy. Please tell me why these people shouldn’t be locked up for this sh**. This isn’t “free speech” folks, this is actively going against the President and the country in a time of war, actively aiding the enemy, and all for nothing but votes. I want to puke.

RightWinged on March 15, 2007 at 5:16 PM

Federal law:

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both. This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply, himself or his agent, to any foreign government or the agents thereof for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

If our elected administration was doing the job we elected them to do, Gonzales would be standing there while the FBI frog-marched Dean down the Capitol steps right now.

The Machine on March 15, 2007 at 5:18 PM

The Bush cabinet et al does not have the …malkins…to do what SHOULD be done to this traitor.

bbz123 on March 15, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Allah, gotta keep up with the times! LOL. Just kidding.

amerpundit on March 15, 2007 at 5:32 PM

Secretary: Sir(or madam), Howard Dean is on line 3.

Foreign Leader: Who?

yo on March 15, 2007 at 5:34 PM

picking up where Teddy left off…

urbancenturion on March 15, 2007 at 5:40 PM

…….tantamount to a felony.

But Nooooooooooooo, let’s hold hearings on something that is perfectly legal, and convict a person in a case where no crime was committed.

Nice.

Can I place Mr. Dean under citizens attest?

PinkyBigglesworth on March 15, 2007 at 5:46 PM

All joking aside, reading the link, it sounds as if there is some sort of Civil War going on in this country and that there is a coup planned for the POTUS…it sounds rather dangerous to me to be doing this. I am really troubled by this.

Thanks for the great link Allahpundit.

Pam on March 15, 2007 at 6:00 PM

Allah, you have a new squeeze?

Theworldisnotenough on March 15, 2007 at 6:12 PM

United Soviet Socialist Federation of Americas

Scary thought at Princess – hopefully never.

“During the Cold War, we certainly had people who didn’t like us, but they respected us,” Dean said. “Now, unfortunately, they don’t like us and they don’t respect us. And that needs to be fixed. And I consider one of my informal jobs to help fix it with like-minded world midget leaders so we do have some relationships.”

What a misguided conceipted a-s!

Down the hall a ways, he called out “It’ll be an interesting 2008!”

McAuliffe to Bryan. Indeed. And he and screamin’ Dean won’t like it.

Entelechy on March 15, 2007 at 6:14 PM

United Soviet Socialist Federation of Americas

Should not have been striken…

Entelechy on March 15, 2007 at 6:21 PM

And it s/b

What a misguided conceited ars!

Entelechy on March 15, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Dean is sediltious and why he is not shackled and in a cell is a mystery. This bum is actively advocating revolution and the overthrow of the U.S. government. This is no longer a simple two party political competition . . . it’s the beginning of extreme confllict and perhaps war.

rplat on March 15, 2007 at 6:30 PM

Classic example of the Left engaging in partisan political actions without regard to the interests of the United States. The Left is more intersted in expanding their own influence, at any and all cost, that in protecting the interests of the United States and it’s citizens.

When are the laws of the United States going to be enforced to disallow such sedition and treason? When will unity be valued above the Left’s unrelenting drive for power at any and all cost?

The Answer: After at least one, but probably two, major disasters strikes the United States and the Left is seen for what it is – self serving, weak, naive, and incapable of effective policy in a world they do not understand.

omegaram on March 15, 2007 at 6:39 PM

Looks like yet another violation of the Logan Act, which, apparently is only on the books for show.

CP on March 15, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Why waste your time reporting it? The Admin did not have the guts to prosecute a guy caught red handed stealing classified documents from the National Archive, what makes you think they’d do anything about a moonbat traitor?

TheBigOldDog on March 15, 2007 at 6:48 PM

Hope and faith mostly.

Can’t hurt.

Ringmaster on March 15, 2007 at 6:51 PM

This Admin and the majority of Republicans in general, are political cowards. They deserve everything they get. When they decide to stop laying down, I’ll stand back up.

TheBigOldDog on March 15, 2007 at 6:57 PM

I sent the white house an email today asking them to show some backbone for once in dealing with the US attorney firings.

Just did it to feel better I guess, I’m not stupid, I’ve come to realize my opinion means nothing to politicians anymore.

So what good would it do to bitch about Dean?

darwin on March 15, 2007 at 7:00 PM

Uh… we know the tune Howard Dean dances to…

DANEgerus on March 15, 2007 at 7:01 PM

Dean visiting world leaders to undermine Bush

Remedies for such things are often more readily devised than described.

Kralizec on March 15, 2007 at 7:02 PM

TheBigOldDog on March 15, 2007 at 6:57 PM

Then you and your type get what you deserve… only we all suffer because the alternative is terrifyingly thousands times worse.

RightWinged on March 15, 2007 at 7:11 PM

Sometimes people need to see the depths of Hell to realize what Heaven is… I have washed my hands of this crew, completely. The whole DoJ debacle did it for me. They are pandering cowards who don’t even have the most basic self-survival instincts…

TheBigOldDog on March 15, 2007 at 7:16 PM

I do what I can. I’m still registered as a republican, only because it looks like the Libertarian Party throws money at silly lawsuits.

Even My congressman from the NC 3rd district, Walt Jones, who’s always ben good to me, has been sellin out trying to court the “Emotional Military Souse.” vote.

I like cupcakes. I eat pie. Why? I’m out of cupcakes.

Ringmaster on March 15, 2007 at 7:20 PM

The more time Dean and the Democrats spend with the leaders of the world the more Bush and the Republicans are going to look to them like “the lesser of two evils”.

That’s not much different than Hugo Chavez and his Venezuelan experiment. In the 90′s, I wouldn’t have thought communism would have reared its ugly head again so quickly. But that it has, with Chavez, it’s a good teaching moment as others to realize they need to lengthen the poles that they wouldn’t touch communism with.

And so, too, in time, Dean will have bruises from people touching him with 11 footpoles.

I liked the bit in the story notes about Dean having made three significant contributions to the Democratic Party, all of which, in my opinion, are going to spell it’s doom. Who in the world wants to deal with significant contributors like that?

Bottom line for me, at this point anyway, is I’m not too worried about it. Deaniac made the talks public to boast abut what, exactly? That the Democrats have a plan? Great. Is it a quagmire? I bet it is a sizzling failure.

The fact that he coudn’t resist talking about means what? As with the Obey-Pelosi press conference on the resolution, it probably means that they can’t help talking without thinking and without knowing what they are talking about.

That others were polite enough to talk to him? Sure most folks will and those outside the US are a little more professional in their diplomacy because, unlike ours, it takes years to move throught he ranks to positions of power.

So, what thoughts and opinions did these folks come away with as a result of talking to Dean? I don’t know but if, for most, it isn’t something on the order of “Don’t trust this guy” I would be surprised.

Dusty on March 15, 2007 at 8:00 PM

Howard Dean is a danger to national security, not much different than terrorists. He is like the leader of the political wing of a terrorist organization. If he were Arab what would we be doing? He deserves the same treatment terrorists get, lock him up at Gitmo.

StuLongIsland on March 15, 2007 at 8:00 PM

I like cupcakes. I eat pie. Why? I’m out of cupcakes.

I go to the store and buy more cupcakes.

These cupcakes feel a little stale. Maybe they are edible yet. But the early indicators are they need to be thrown out and I need to head back to the store. If the store is out of cupcakes, I’ll have to decide if I’ll settle for pie…

TheBigOldDog on March 15, 2007 at 8:01 PM

DEA needs to run this guys prescription pad. Just saying.

Limerick on March 15, 2007 at 8:19 PM

They did the same thing during the 2004 election, remember? They visited foreign leaders telling them how things would change after Kerry got elected.

lorien1973 on March 15, 2007 at 8:41 PM

Nah, it’ll be enforced. When a Democrat is in the white house.

Farmer_Joe on March 15, 2007 at 9:28 PM

Howward Dean, it is called disloyalty bordering on the treasonous.

Phil Byler on March 15, 2007 at 10:11 PM

Looking at the photo, my exit question would be what does DNC stand for? Dean Not Credible? Despicable, No, Craven? Dean’s Neville Chamberlain? Dems Never Conquer? Somebody can do better that this.

smellthecoffee on March 15, 2007 at 11:15 PM

TheBigOldDog on March 15, 2007 at 7:16 PM

Look, I understand your feeling and I share it on probably most issues… But you’ve got some serious delusional wishful thinking going on if you think there is any recovering from a Dem White House/House/Senate… Even if they didn’t destroy everything, the media will never allow “us” back in… look what they’ve done to EVERYTHING when the Dems weren’t even in power!!! How do you intend to do a 180 with the direction of a country when the information fed to them is geared entirely at preventing that from happening. Wake up folks, lesser of two evils sucks, but suck it up we must.

RightWinged on March 15, 2007 at 11:38 PM

We for some reason have forgotten exactly what treason is..we have mixed it up with *freedom of speech*.

Crazy.

Highrise on March 16, 2007 at 4:12 AM

I am trying to build relationships with other governments in preparation for a Democratic revolutionary takeover,” Dean told me. “I want to make clear that there is an opposition in America and that we are ready to take power and that when we do, we are going to have much better relationships with them.”

There, that’s better. Now it makes sense why the Left has all that Che Guervere[sic] chic garb.

Kinda sends a chill down my spine….

JohnnyD on March 16, 2007 at 7:20 AM

Dean also said that the Bush administration’s failure to cope with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina was a turning point for the country.

And what about the failure of the governor of Louisiana and the mayor of New Orleans?

[Sound of crickets chirping and tumbleweeds rolling.]

“Now, unfortunately, they don’t like us and they don’t respect us. And that needs to be fixed. And I consider one of my informal jobs to help fix it with like-minded world leaders so we do have some relationships.”

Thanks Howard! I’m sure the world will respect us in no time at all.

Bill Ramey on March 16, 2007 at 7:30 AM

Dean visiting world leaders

World leaders sharing a laugh at Dean’s expense

RedinBlueCounty on March 16, 2007 at 6:00 PM

Sorry Dean, Stalin and Mao are dead. I think you may still get an appointment with Castro, but you may have to hurry. Oh, and Chavez is holding on line 1.

RedinBlueCounty on March 16, 2007 at 6:04 PM