Video: Anti-war troop supporters bid Stryker Brigade a fond adieu

posted at 8:48 am on March 7, 2007 by Allahpundit

Ace had this last night but the boss wrote about it today in her weekly column so it’s worth posting here. The scene: the Port of Tacoma, 12:30 a.m. Monday morning. The players: local police and a few dozen protesters objecting to the shipment of Stryker vehicles from Fort Lewis to Iraq. The word of choice: “Douchebag.”

It’s as boring as any protest except for 45 seconds or so that being about 20% of the way in.

Comments

Losers.

I think they should just stop sending cops to these “protests” and let nature run it’s course.

Speed bumps.

reaganaut on March 7, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Amen, reganaut.

DoctorDentons on March 7, 2007 at 9:11 AM

They’re democrats. It’s expected.

roninacreage on March 7, 2007 at 9:13 AM

The only “Douchebags” I see here are the ones spewing and chanting.

Viper1 on March 7, 2007 at 9:14 AM

And where would the other side be? I’d bet anyone dollars to doughnuts that if anyone showed up for the other side and busted a few heads this kind of crap would stop real quick.

And whether anyone thinks that’s a good way to go or not, you can bet that’s where it’s heading.

tomk59 on March 7, 2007 at 9:18 AM

20 mike mike straight up in the air. Gee where did everyone go?

Limerick on March 7, 2007 at 9:19 AM

“Fight the War at home!”

Shooowee! I agree with a peace protestor!

Thats a good Idea! Lets round up here at home all the seditious traitors sabotaging our war effort and hang them.

Then we continue the fight overseas and Win this thing!

…or is that not what they meant?

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on March 7, 2007 at 9:20 AM

This is who the democrats are relying upon to win the race. These are the videos that need to be shown at every election campaign drive.
This is the democratic party.

right2bright on March 7, 2007 at 9:33 AM

Same kind of idiots that spit on a kid in the 1970s, who was wearing an ROTC uniform – in High School, and then called him a Baby Killer.

I detest these ignorant birdbrains

Rick Donaldson on March 7, 2007 at 9:46 AM

I do think that the “march” in D.C. coming up will be an interesting event.

Babs on March 7, 2007 at 9:48 AM

Poor Wally.

Dusty on March 7, 2007 at 9:49 AM

Wally is on his way to a soccer stadium to be beheaded.
At least that’s how their allies deal with that behavior.

God bless our troops for bringing freedoms to people that will at least cherish it, and the police for keeping those retro-hipsters away from our troops.

Hening on March 7, 2007 at 9:57 AM

In the 60′s I was in the “peace” movement. I thought I was marching to bring the troops home. I lost several close drafted high school buddies in that war. I left the the movement when it crossed over to spitting and calling the troops names. Looking back over the sands of time, I understand now I was not a rational thinker despite thinking I was “so” intelligent and above those who went to “Nam”. (maybe it was all the joints) I was childish and wrong then and these people are childish and wrong now.

Grayzel on March 7, 2007 at 10:06 AM

I’ve seen these yahoos when I lived nearby. The stench … and w/no job all the time in the world to TAKE A SHOWER!!

I understand there’s a local story running about how they’re upset that these load-ups are taking place now at 4AM. Gotta pop speed to make that demonstration – and the local lacky media won’t even show up anymore.

warriorlawyer on March 7, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Wally is on his way to a soccer stadium to be beheaded.

Even worse than that! Wally will be deloused and showered…poor guy.

However, thinking about these scumbags being crushed under large rocks in a stadium does make Sharia a bit more appealing.

TugboatPhil on March 7, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Thanks for being so honest, Grayzel.

I’d like to see these punks go to Iraq and protest against the islamic terrorists who blow up car bombs in front markets and schools. Or go to Israel and “talk” Hamas outta blowin’ up a bus full of women and children. Why didn’t the “human shields” chain themselvs up to the ancient Bhuddah statues in Afghanistan so that the taliban wouldn’t destroy them? Oh, right, ’cause they would have *anyway*! Big, brave protestors.

Tony737 on March 7, 2007 at 10:21 AM

They need to be allowed to retaliate with tear gas.

PRCalDude on March 7, 2007 at 11:23 AM

But… But… Aren’t they supposed to be SUPPORTING the Troops?

Mazztek on March 7, 2007 at 11:23 AM

this type of anti-war protester falls into two categories:

1. Burned out Hippies trying to reclaim their youth.
2. Young people who have no “Goals” other than “Fight the power” (Ignoring any question of right or wrong.)

Jones Zemkophill on March 7, 2007 at 11:44 AM

I am so glad that whoever taped this event decided to share their idiocy with the rest of the world.

The only way to respond to these cretins is with mockery. I dare say that AP, Bryan, and MM would agree that this is the appropriate forum for Ann Coulteresque gibs and digs….

Two things good that come out of the posting of this video is we get to see the hippies for who they really are and we get to shovel scorn on them for the troops to see. Most non-moonbat Americans cannot afford to protest for a living. We have jobs. In the Vietnam era there was no instantaneous way for the masses to let the troops know how they feel about them and their mission. With the intertubes we do.

Bill C on March 7, 2007 at 11:55 AM

The face of the Democratic Party, ladies and gentlemen. Scum.

ReubenJCogburn on March 7, 2007 at 12:38 PM

I Don’t Have To Listen
I Don’t Have To Hear
I don’t Have To See
We’re Non Violent …
Where’s Waldo?

Kini on March 7, 2007 at 12:53 PM

Funniest thing since learning a reporter name can be called Stoned Phillips

Really, this is an Oprah moment!

Where’s my bong!

Kini on March 7, 2007 at 12:55 PM

OMG…they killed Wally!

pjaromin on March 7, 2007 at 1:09 PM

why do liberals always think the troops have to be ‘protected’ and ‘helped’ and ‘treated’ like idiot kids?

Defector01 on March 7, 2007 at 2:05 PM

No they don’t HAVE to go, they WANT to go. BIG difference! Our Soldiers have what this pukes don’t HONOR COURAGE DUTY PRIDE and LOVE of our COUNTRY and everything for which she stands for. Thats something that these people have no concept of and never will. GOD BLESS OUR SOLDIERS! and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SACIFICES!!

ChrisIansNana on March 7, 2007 at 2:10 PM

I like the road bumps idea myself

ChrisIansNana on March 7, 2007 at 2:11 PM

They should volunteer to offer themselves up as human shields in Iraq. Maybe that will make the terrorists think twice.

SWLiP on March 7, 2007 at 2:17 PM

They send you into a war with inadequate equipment

The Stryker is one of the best MODERN fighting vehicles in the world, and these people think it’s inadequate? Let me tell you, I WISH I had today’s modern equipment, like the Stryker, back in th 80′s when I was serving.

We didn’t have body armor in those days, we had flack vests that wouldn’t protect much. We didn’t have armored HUMVEE’s then, I drove a Chevy pickup truck as I was part of the forward deployment team for our company; 8th Avn Bn, later to become 55th TAMC, in Germany. Strykers didn’t exist in those days, nor did digital communications (I used a PRC77 radio backpack), satellite aided navigation (I used a map and compass), “up-armor” kits (we called that a tank), or the modern tents with air conditioning (we used WWII era GP Mediums or civil war era shelter halves and air conditioning was was when we left the flaps open), Cell phones, DVD players, PS2′s, or any other electronic entertainment equipment you find in US military bases all around the world today.

The modern US military is the best equipped, best trained, most highly motivated fighting force in the world and the low body counts in both Iraq and Afghanistan prove that beyond any doubt.

These fools need to spend a few months in boot camp and AIT so they understand just what the military provides the modern combat soldier. But I doubt that any would be willing to even spend a day, let alone a couple of months, living the life of someone they pretend to support.

RedinBlueCounty on March 7, 2007 at 2:25 PM

Redin Blue County,man you bring back some memories. I remember the Vietnam era flak jackets with the plastic plates,and all the rest of the stuff you mentioned above. During my time in the Corps, I saw a lot of evolution in training and equipment, but it is funny to be reminded of the differences between then and now. Compared to the stuff they have now we seem kind of primitive back then, didn’t we?No point in explaining such things to the likes of the Tacoma gang, though.

tomk59 on March 7, 2007 at 2:59 PM

“Do not go” “Do not listen to your commanding officers.”

Please note the following statutes in the US code:

18 USC 1381, Enticing desertion and harboring deserters.

And also 18 USC 2387, which reads:

(a) Whoever, with intent to interfere with, impair, or influence the loyalty, morale, or discipline of the military or naval forces of the United States:

(1) advises, counsels, urges, or in any manner causes or attempts to cause insubordination, disloyalty, mutiny, or refusal of duty by any member of the military or naval forces of the United States; or

(2) distributes or attempts to distribute any written or printed matter which advises, counsels, or urges insubordination, disloyalty, mutiny, or refusal of duty by any member of the military or naval forces of the United States –

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

These people are committing at least 2 federal felonies. They should be arrested and prosecuted. This video is enough to convict them all by itself.

IMHO, “Wally” did not get what he deserved, because at most, he’ll be charged with disturbing the peace or something similar which are misdemeanors. He and the other protesters ought to go down for violating 18 USC 1381 and 2387.

It is my hope, when these traitors attack the Wall with spray paint, those that survive the beating they will get from the Eagles, that is, are arrested (unlike last month) and charged under criminal trespass charges.

A big difference from last month is that the Capitol Police may take their orders from Pelosi and Reid who support these traitors for political gain, but the Capitol Police do not have jurisdiction over the Wall, so P and T won’t be issuing orders to the police to let the vandals desecrate the monument.

At some point, ladies and gentlemen, America is going to have to confront such people. This isn’t dissent. John Dickinson was a dissenter. Desmond T. Doss, Jr. was a dissenter. This isn’t an exercise of free speech. Vandalizing monuments and attempting to prevent the military from deploying is not free speech. It is an attempt to actively sabotage a war that the United States is engaged in. It is giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

We let these people get away with treason during Vietnam, especially Jane Fonda. They think they are now entitled to repeat this behavior now and at any time in the future. They need to be disabused of the notion that “free speech” includes attempting to sabotage the war effort and defiling monuments.

It is time for them, their leaders, and the New York Times and Washington Post to face prosecution for their behavior.

There is precedent for this, BTW.

“When a nation is at war many thing which might be said in time of peace are such a hindrance to its efforts that their utterance will not be endured so long as men fight and no court could regard them as protected by any Constitutional right.” [Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Schenk v. US, 249 US 47, 52 (1919)]

georgej on March 7, 2007 at 3:38 PM

We are non violent, but sarge is a douchebag?

Think they got it backwards.

quax1 on March 7, 2007 at 8:09 PM

tomk59 on March 7, 2007 at 2:59 PM

Yea, it does seem that way. I remember that some of the MRE’s we ate were four years old! I hope the troops today don’t have to eat anything that is four years old, that scared the hell out of me! “I’m not eating this, it’s four years old! Ok, you’re on guard duty tonight!” Oh, the joy’s of REFORGER.

RedinBlueCounty on March 7, 2007 at 9:18 PM

They even sound like zombies..

Reaps on March 8, 2007 at 4:59 AM