My Fair Lady: Southern Style

posted at 8:16 am on March 7, 2007 by Bryan

Hillary fakes a southern accent

Download for your iPod
Watch on YouTube

Comments

Cute…”what are you, British?” Ha!

Boy do I have a pet peeve about churches that pimp out their pulpits for politicians! Especially on a Sunday morning, when the pulpit should be for preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.

debi118 on March 7, 2007 at 8:34 AM

When did Michelle learn how to act? Outstanding job to both of you.

Kahuna on March 7, 2007 at 8:40 AM

Well, I dooo declare, Michelle sounds down right suthern. I just luv ya’ll.

silenced majority on March 7, 2007 at 8:42 AM

My God! When do the Broadway tickets go on sale?

Great vent! And it also tells of the fraud that HELLary is trying to pull on ALL of us, let alone on black men and women.

Yes indeed, y’all! Welcome to the HELLARY CLINTON MINSTRAL SHOW!

Throughout the years of being victimized by the KKK (which was created by the Democrats after the Civil War), racism, Jim Crow Laws, voting denial, restricted neighborhoods, job discrimination….I WOULD THINK THAT THIS CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF STEREOTYPICAL BEHAVIOR WOULD NEVER BE TOLERATED!

Why did not Hellary recite that prayer in her NORMAL SHRILL voice?

Are the folks down in Selma so desparate for a Demorcrat to be president that they are willing to be subjected to Hellary’s ministral show antics? Are they willing to be a POLITICAL ONE NIGHT STAND?

Reckon so….

The False Dervish on March 7, 2007 at 8:51 AM

Good work, Bryan! But, you speak “Texan” like me. It’s a different twang than, say, Alabama or South Carolina.

pullingmyhairout on March 7, 2007 at 9:01 AM

Its also a bit different than we have down here in the heart of Georgia…or like my lovely bride from the Carolinas…but you are gettin thar!

Centurion68 on March 7, 2007 at 9:12 AM

Bryan’s attempt at a southern accent is admirable ; )
and Audrey bears a canny resemblance to Michelle Malkin…

Halley on March 7, 2007 at 9:17 AM

My Fair Southern Belle!

Kevin M on March 7, 2007 at 9:19 AM

The bigger fake phoney fraud story is the fact that these liberal pukes only attend church once every 4th or 6th year.

roninacreage on March 7, 2007 at 9:21 AM

Another classic Vent, great job Bryan and Michelle! Bryan don’t let Michelle choke on the Doritos.

SAM 1X on March 7, 2007 at 9:24 AM

Clever and funny!
What is with these black churches that pimp out their podiums to pandering white politicos?

Babs on March 7, 2007 at 9:37 AM

Hilarious. :)

Patrick Chester on March 7, 2007 at 9:45 AM

DAMN Y’ALL>>>>> Texas boy teaches Michelle the Belle how to tawk.(“By George W.”…heehee.)

BEST VENT EVER EVER EVER!!!!

Y’all should have warned me to empty my bladder first, because this Southern Belle just wet her bloomers howlin’.

seejanemom on March 7, 2007 at 9:50 AM

Hillary speaking from a pulpit?

Disturbing. Very disturbing. And creepy, to the point of being vile.

{shudder}

Lawrence on March 7, 2007 at 10:02 AM

“…And the Oscar goes to….

Tru2my2 on March 7, 2007 at 10:02 AM

I agree with debi118, how can any minister allow his church service to be hijacked by a politician?

dalewalt on March 7, 2007 at 10:04 AM

I lke a little Cheese with my sausage and biscuit in the morn’n

Drtuddle on March 7, 2007 at 10:09 AM

I would expect James Lipton to be contacting both of you very soon for a booking on an upcoming “In the Actor’s Studio.” I want your jobs.

conservator on March 7, 2007 at 10:10 AM

great vent, but I was glad when it was over, my puppy howled through the whole thing!

ctmom on March 7, 2007 at 10:13 AM

Why can’t a woman be more like a man? (Oh wait I wasn’t thinking about Hillary.)

Mojave Mark on March 7, 2007 at 10:13 AM

I wonder, will the accent be any different if she’s in Brooklyn at the East Flatbush Senior Center, speaking to a roomful of bubbies?

“Republicans and healthcare? Oy vey! I should live so long as to be able to describe that whole farcockteh mess!!

eeyore on March 7, 2007 at 10:23 AM

I doan feeeel in no waaays pandered too. Nice work Michelle and Bryan.

pistolero on March 7, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Lol, hilarious.

The “I” (aaaaahhh) part hit home, because in my 5 years spent in Nashville, a lot of my buddies were real country boys from Georgia, Alabama, etc. And I use to give them sh** everytime they’d say something like “aaaasscream” (meaning icecream). Of course it was payback time when I asked where they wanted me to put an empty beer bottle and they looked at me like an idiot (back up here in VT we save them for 5 cents, and everyone keeps a box in the garage for it)… “Were do you think?! In the trash idiot!”

Then of course there was the time I stayed to help Ox barback after fan fair and Chris from Alabama was hanging out for a bit and asked me “How much ya like before you’re” (only like was apparently “lack”. Even still “How much ya lack before you’re done”, made absolutely no sense to me… Evidently this is a way of asking “how long before you go home/before you’re done work”. Since I heard the word “like”, and didn’t quite understand I just said “well I’d like to go home now, but if Ox is going to throw me a chunk of his tips, I’ll stick around until we’re done”.

This left us both confused. After a few minutes everyone (the few people still around at 4am) were laughing at me because this wasn’t anything out of the ordinary to them. They did however ask the manager who was from Boston and he had no idea what they were talking about either.

Anyway, a lot of fun can be had with different accents… But Hillary was just disgusting. That crowd shouldn’t have been cheering her on, they should have booted her “sister in worship” phony accented ass out the door.

Needless to say, the video/audio of this “no ways tired” clip needs to stick around as a bit of comic relief throughout the election.

Not sure if everyone heard by the Messiah and Aunt Jemima (am I the first one to call her that? I used to call her Hillary Tubman after the “plantation” remarks last year) are headed to court the Jewish vote. The HA fellas chose not to devote an entire post to it (understandably because it’s not big “news”, but in the spirit of things, I think funny to predict what might happen). So here’s the text of an email I sent on the situation:

Subject: Oy vey!

Rumor has it that Obama has ordered a very special yarmulke for the occasion, and mixed reports that Hillary will come dressed as the Statue of Liberty, but replacing the torch with a giant menorah. Each candidate will compete to see how many dreidels they can hand out to the children of prospective Jewish voters, in exchange for pledges for votes.

RightWinged on March 7, 2007 at 10:35 AM

I don’ thank Ah’ll evuh git tard of harin’ payple makin’
fun o’ Haillaree!! ;-)

olympian2008 on March 7, 2007 at 10:50 AM

Great job. Thanks to Bryan, Michelle will now be on all the invite lists here in Nashville! I assume you guys are practicing a musical selection for the next episode?

Very creative. Keep up the good work.

realVerse on March 7, 2007 at 11:08 AM

I lived in the South for a while, but the waitress at one restaurant stumped me..

Y’aal waahhhhnt fraaahhhiiiis wiiiuuuhhhth thaaayaat?

Vanquisher on March 7, 2007 at 11:08 AM

Please post the “out-takes” on Friday’s Vent. You guys looked like you were barely holding it together doing that scene — I’m sure you have plenty of footage of you both howling in laughter.

Actually, make that “plenty of footage of all y’all howling in laughter…”

Anton on March 7, 2007 at 11:19 AM

Bryan… Are you… Are you TORTURING Michelle with hot Doritoes?!?

What’s next… Red Bull Boarding?

Mazztek on March 7, 2007 at 11:29 AM

These secular liberals only believe in that mythical church/state separation until they can pander for a few votes, and these gullible black churches are more than happy to provide. A funny vent today. We do need humor in our lives, and the best humor always has some truth.

liberty on March 7, 2007 at 11:30 AM

Greaaat vent, y’all…

ricer1 on March 7, 2007 at 11:40 AM

Practice saying, “Ewe shore got uh purdy mouf.”

Back when I was stocking shelves at the grocery store, I was stumped by a Bostonian asking where to find the pap tats. The, um, er, ah PAP TATS!

saint kansas on March 7, 2007 at 11:56 AM

Y’all know why northern boys lke to date southern girls….

they take so long to say quiiiit.

MasFutbol on March 7, 2007 at 12:05 PM

I’ve lived in Texas my whole life, but the worst I’ve got is “ya’ll.”

I went to California for a program, and everyone was in disbelief until I said “ya’ll.”

Everyone I know talks a little slower, but we watch TV and likely get most of what we say from there.

Esthier on March 7, 2007 at 12:10 PM

B: Repeat after me: Ah ain’t no ways tarred.
M: I’m not in any way fatigued.

B: Naw. y’all ain’t listenin’: Ah.
M: Eye.
B: Ah.
M: Awe?
B: Ah.
M: Ahh!
B: That’s purty good. Now ‘ain’t’

Later:
M: The Dem’crat rayeece fur Prez’det is tween rayeece bayeeturz.
B: I think she’s got it!

The Monster on March 7, 2007 at 12:18 PM

That’s “queeeut” MasF.

mikelikesit on March 7, 2007 at 12:22 PM

Heard on the street the other day”

“Jeet Yet?

No. Jew?

Mungry. Squeat.

K.”

I have no clue which region that came from.

mikelikesit on March 7, 2007 at 12:24 PM

Bravo! Bravo! Encore!!!

I betcha all y’all will be fetchin a movies contract soon…

Zorro on March 7, 2007 at 12:33 PM

This just in: Malkin causes Sharton to hemmorhage.

Good vent. Bryan call Hillary! give her a lesson or two. She doesn’t know what to do now that she has been outed.

Theworldisnotenough on March 7, 2007 at 12:36 PM

Up next:
Bryan tells Ms. Malkin:
“Frankly, Michelle, I don’t give a damn.”

CyberCipher on March 7, 2007 at 12:39 PM

So… were any members of the MAINstream Coalition present? Surely they are getting ready to file an objection to a politician abusing the tax exempt status of a Christian house of worship.

Oh, the speaker was a Democrat? Scratch that….

Dave Shay on March 7, 2007 at 12:41 PM

Why can’t a woman be more like a man?

Mojave Mark on March 7, 2007 at 10:13 AM

Careful. That’s how we ended up with Ann Coulter, ya’ know.

CyberCipher on March 7, 2007 at 12:42 PM

wasn’t it in the Hot Air production budget to jump a Dodge Charger over a creek?

liquidflorian on March 7, 2007 at 12:50 PM

I wouldn’t have thought anything could be harder on the ears than Shrillary’s normal screech, but to hear her squawking in a fake Southern accent is infinitely worse. And then there’s the shameless pandering.

ReubenJCogburn on March 7, 2007 at 12:56 PM

Good job, Bryan – ’bout time Michelle startid lernin’ to speak more krectly.

Fer yer next lesson plah-yun, here’s the advay-unced course.

thirteen28 on March 7, 2007 at 12:57 PM

Best line from the movie: “Move your bloody arse!”

So, Michelle, how in the world did you get a hold of a “The View” coffee mug, if my eyes haven’t deceived me?

kevcad on March 7, 2007 at 12:58 PM

liquidflorian on March 7, 2007 at 12:50 PM

Funding wasn’t the issue. The real question was who was going to play the role of Boss Hog. Danny DeVito was already booked for yet another drunken appearance on “The View”.

CyberCipher on March 7, 2007 at 1:02 PM

Y’all know why northern boys lke to date southern girls….

they take so long to say quiiiit.

MasFutbol on March 7, 2007 at 12:05 PM

Just remember, Southern lovin’ follows the same rules.

In order to be effective, it must be sloooow and sweeeet.

seejanemom on March 7, 2007 at 1:34 PM

Just remember, Southern lovin’ follows the same rules.

In order to be effective, it must be sloooow and sweeeet.

seejanemom

Confirmed
and yes even Western boys like southern women too ;)
Now if only i could find a nice jew with a southern accent.
I just don’t know if i could take hearing “shabbat shalom y’all” without dying laughing

Defector01 on March 7, 2007 at 1:49 PM

This is what happens when Global Warming takes effect.
You sit inside the house all day learning to speak TRAGALA

Kini on March 7, 2007 at 1:51 PM

The View mug was my prized Christmas present from Allah! Use it every mornin’!

Michelle on March 7, 2007 at 1:57 PM

This Vent sure left me at a loss …

After enduring that clip of Hillary and feeling like somebody was running a cheese grate along my spinal cord, then hearing Michelle doing a better southern accent, I wasn’t sure whether to laugh or spit.

Spurius Ligustinus on March 7, 2007 at 2:02 PM

Outstanding!

But you should have invited Mary Katherine.

Then there would have been three hams.

dinasour on March 7, 2007 at 2:07 PM

The View mug was my prized Christmas present from Allah! Use it every mornin’!

Michelle

Lessons still going on?

Defector01 on March 7, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Fuuny and entertaining!

Now try this….

The fake from new yaaahhhk, should go back to central paaahhhk.

csdeven on March 7, 2007 at 2:33 PM

Shameless race-baiting from a lily-white woman who has led a life of privilege, trying to identify herself with oppressed blacks. The sheer gall! If any Republican of similar circumstances tried to get away with that, CBS and NYT would start an investigative series showing (1) the white neighborhood he grew up in (2) the white schools he went to (3) the white firms he worked for (4) the white social circles he runs in, etc.

ELCore on March 7, 2007 at 2:49 PM

Where are the Zucker Brothers?

I see a second career for Bryan and Michelle in Hollywood as comedic performers of standard, classic movies, as well as comedic political shorts and comedic political feature length flims with the Zucker Brothers (Airplane, etc.) along with Bryan and Michelle writing the material.

William

William2006 on March 7, 2007 at 3:02 PM

ELCore on March 7, 2007 at 2:49 PM

“ELCore,”

It is not just white Republicans or conservatives. It is black conservatives, Hispanic, Chinese, Asian Indian, any Conservatives whatsoever, even if they are a Jew, a Christian, a follower of the teachings of an Indian Guru, a Sikh, a Hindu, a Mormon, a Muslim, a Ba’hai, a Buddhist, a Jain, a Zoroastrian, an atheist, whatever!

The recent elections were another reminder of this as black and other conservatives were dragged through the mud and were on the receiving end of racist attacks. Even conservative candidates who are from India, or of Indian ancestry, and other Asian-Oriental candidates, because they were conservative, were the target for racist, ethnic assaults. That’s the way of the leftist-liberal mindset, cold of heart, ruthless, vicious, and hypocritical.

If the person were a conservative, no matter their race, sex, or spiritual or religious belief, they would be an open target for leftist-liberal disdain and personal, ad hominem attacks and fabricated, biased, editorialized stories. The crime is belonging to the wrong club, Conservative, which makes one an open target for disdain and abuse.

The leftists-liberals still hold the power in the media, in the entertainment industry, and in the education system, which translates into, they have the power to get their homogenized, skewed message out, rife with racism, bigotry, arrogance, sexism, ethnic bias, and extreme prejudice, and many an uninformed US citizens will swallow it, hook, line, and sinker!

William

William2006 on March 7, 2007 at 3:14 PM

i’ve grown accostomed to her face. she nearly makes the day begin…

jummy on March 7, 2007 at 4:44 PM

I never thought Hill could top her “You know what I’m talkin’ ’bout!!!” moment, but I was oh-so-wrong.

And we can’t give a pass to Obama either…my wife and I both laufghed at their temporary accents that day.

Michelle, Hepburn has nothin’ on ya!

Malpaso on March 7, 2007 at 4:57 PM

Heard on the street the other day”

“Jeet Yet?

No. Jew?

Mungry. Squeat.

K.”

I have no clue which region that came from.
mikelikesit on March 7, 2007 at 12:24 PM

I could almost *hear* that conversation the way you wrote it. Well done. The really sick part is I had no problem translating it. Sounds like Arkansas to me. My husband grew up there and thankfully has lost the accent, but that’s just how a lot of my in-laws speak.

Laura on March 7, 2007 at 5:04 PM

No offense, Bryan…But for Michelle to get that real, pandering-to-the-south accent going, she needs to call out the boys from “Blue Collar Comedy Tour”… Jeff Foxworthy, Larry The Cable Guy and the rest of that crew of seasoned linguists will have her getting on a roll on the pulpit in no time flat. And she’ll get laughs, instead of that sheep’s flock cheer that Hillary (If elected, I’ll stay the full four years New York) Clinton got when she starting preachifyin’.

52Ranger on March 7, 2007 at 5:44 PM

Great Vent! lol…I was born and raised in Alabama yet I do not have a southern accent..I feel left out. lol

EnochCain on March 7, 2007 at 6:01 PM

The View mug was my prized Christmas present from Allah! Use it every mornin’!

Michelle on March 7, 2007 at 1:57 PM

Ok… how about an updated Hot Air mug??? hmmmmm

By the way, the video is even more funny the second time around. Thanks!

Zorro on March 7, 2007 at 6:14 PM

It all depends on which part of the Great State of Texas you are from. In my home town of El Paso, the accent is very different from where I went to college in Nacogdoches, and that is different from the Houston area where I now live. I don’t think that there is a true Texas accent, only true Texas attitude.

DAT60A3 on March 7, 2007 at 6:45 PM

…Larry The Cable Guy…

52Ranger on March 7, 2007 at 5:44 PM

I don’t care who ya’ are, now that there was funny.

CyberCipher on March 7, 2007 at 6:56 PM

I don’t think that there is a true Texas accent, only true Texas attitude.

My accent is an amalgam of the Dallas area, East Texas, and…several other places I’ve lived. And of coaching my accent away to get into broadcasting.

Bryan on March 7, 2007 at 7:05 PM

I wonder how Hilly will sound when she campaigns in Minasooda? You know; Up North, where I live.

BTW, Minnesotans do not have an accent! It’s just that the rest of the country can’t pronounce their vowels correctly.

RedinBlueCounty on March 7, 2007 at 7:42 PM

Jim Crow Laws

You can blame a lot of things on the South, but Jim Crow laws ain’t one of them. Jim Crow laws were virtually copies of vagrancy laws in the North.

Tim Burton on March 7, 2007 at 8:11 PM

Michelle that was awesome!

Tim Burton on March 7, 2007 at 8:12 PM

Bryan,

You still carry a little bit of Texas with you man…I can hear it. Nice. Michelle, nice try, but you couldn’t come close to that horrible mid western nasal twang that Hillary was butchering that speech with. I mean, when did ‘far’ become a 3 syllable word? Faaaaaaarrrrrrr. Caaaaaaaarrrrr…it was like nails on a chalkboard. Thanks for the smile guys.

austinnelly on March 7, 2007 at 8:44 PM

Michelle…

Do you think Hillary’s performance would have gone over better if she was wearing ‘black face’?

Now THAT would be a PhotoShop project………

PinkyBigglesworth on March 7, 2007 at 9:19 PM

Adding comments have been disabled for this video.

I see YouTube is doing it’s normal censorship thing on this video. Thank God for Hot Air.

Connie on March 7, 2007 at 9:52 PM

Talking with a southern accent is one of my specialties. At least that is what my friends say. ;-)

kahall on March 7, 2007 at 10:11 PM

That rocked.

- The Cat

MirCat on March 7, 2007 at 10:16 PM

Michelle sounds so much more natural doin’ Southern than Hillary it’s amazing.

Hillary sounds bad–really, really bad. She’s stiff and she screeches. She tries to say the right words with the right gestures, but it never quite gels and she always sounds contrived to me.

INC on March 7, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Hillary sounds bad–really, really bad. She’s stiff and she screeches.

Every time I hear her voice, I cringe.

Connie on March 7, 2007 at 10:44 PM

Surely if you are faking something you are trying to pass it off as genuine. Hilary is effecting a southern accent.

eminuu on March 8, 2007 at 12:01 AM

defector 101 there are lots of Jews in the South. Atlanta, Dallas, Memphis, and there’s even a few in Montgomery.

For your reading pleasure there’s even a torahfromdixie site.

kensieg on March 8, 2007 at 5:10 AM

Heard on the street the other day”
“Jeet Yet?
No. Jew?
Mungry. Squeat.
K.”
I have no clue which region that came from.

Sounds like Pittsburghese.

jtdavies on March 8, 2007 at 8:34 AM

By God! Ya’ll all need a lesson R D Mercer!

Drtuddle on March 8, 2007 at 9:27 AM

Great Vent!

The funniest part is the “spicy” Doritos bit. Since Bryan and I are from the same part of Texas and we both know the alleged hotness of those Doritos is nothing to anyone but Yankees.

ScottMcC on March 8, 2007 at 10:39 AM

Too funny.

One of my friends grew up in Georgia, but has lived here in California for many years. He says that he took an accent reduction course when he first arrived because he felt as though his accent was a liability here. (I don’t doubt it.)

Anyway, he has no noticeable accent anymore–except with a few words/phrases; he sometimes says “rat nah” instead of “right now.” When I teased him about it, he seemed a little embarrassed, but I found the accent charming.

baldilocks on March 8, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Ha!
And the Academy Award goes to…

Y’all is funny at hot air.

jimmyb on March 11, 2007 at 11:51 AM