Video: Michelle talks Coulter and Maher on O’Reilly; Update: Video: Ann Coulter responds on H&C

posted at 9:27 pm on March 5, 2007 by Allahpundit

We’re all Coulter-ed out by now, I hope, but duty calls for the boss so she had a last go at it tonight with O’R and KP. There’s not much here about Ann that’s not in her post, but it’s worth watching anyway for the shots at Maher and the near outbreak of hostilities towards the end between our two fair heroines. An MM/Coulter war would be a headache, but an MM/KP war? Heart-ache.

I meant to splice in Kirsten’s goofy touchscreen intro but forgot. Next week, it’s on!

Update (Ian): Video: Coulter says “faggot” meant “wuss”

Ann Coulter appeared on Hannity & Colmes tonight, her first television presence since making her infamous “faggot” remark at CPAC last week. Coulter said she used “faggot” in the context of “wuss” and added it was a “schoolyard taunt” and a “sophomoric” joke. Hannity brought up all the names Ann has been called over the years. One of the left’s favorites seems to be “Man Coulter.” Haha, get it?

Democrat Pat Caddell, certainly not a “Fox News liberal”, thought Ann was joking. To be honest, I don’t think Ann’s remark was anti-gay, I really don’t. I do think the remark was hurtful and shouldn’t have been used, though. The panel brought up words Democrats have used in the past, including Senator Dick Durbin’s infamous comparison of the US military’s treatment to detainees at Gitmo to Nazis, Soviet gulags and Cambodia’s Pol Pot.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Coulter and Maher on O’Reilly

Yeah, good luck getting to sleep everyone after AP put that image in our minds. (/shudders)

RightWinged on March 5, 2007 at 9:29 PM

Didn’t mean to be hostile (I had just finished paying her a compliment). Just meant that KP needs to be picking her fight with CPAC organizers, not me.

Michelle on March 5, 2007 at 9:37 PM

Just watched Ann Coulter on H&C. Of course, Hannity thinks Coulter is the greatest.

By the way MM…you didn’t seem hostile to me at the end of the piece. It seemed you were just kidding around with her, as it seems obvious (at least to me) from her appearances on “The Vent” a few months ago that you two are good friends.

asc85 on March 5, 2007 at 9:40 PM

Dude, the look on KP’s face as the camera returned to her that last time (that is, before she hastily threw a smile on) was 100% eat shite and die. Heart-ache, indeed.

spmat on March 5, 2007 at 9:42 PM

KIRSTEN POWERS! MICHELLE MALKIN! IN A STEEL CAGE!!!

Savage on March 5, 2007 at 9:47 PM

Exit question: What’s worse: John Kerry calling our troops dumb or Ann Coulter’s use of “faggot.” I’m not sure myself.

your kidding right, whats worse? seriously this is no contest. especially when the military is something Kerry has some power over.

jp on March 5, 2007 at 9:48 PM

Sorry, meant to add /sarcasm to that. I didn’t edit my update well before I added it.

Ian on March 5, 2007 at 9:51 PM

Yes, but when you see the H & C long segments with Ann Coulter defending herself, and Hannity and Pat Caddel siding with her, 3 to 1…

Entelechy on March 5, 2007 at 9:51 PM

KIRSTEN POWERS! MICHELLE MALKIN! IN A STEEL CAGE!!!

I’ll put the popcorn in the microwave while we wait for Amanda Marcotte to explain how that quote proves MM and KP are just sex objects pandering to f**king right-wing patriarchal godbags.

Meanwhile, I’ll put $20 on KP. Saw her at CPAC and I’d say she’s 5 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier than Michelle, who is a bantamweight.

I know, I know: “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.” But the odds still favor the bigger dog.

Not that either is a “dog” in that sense of the word.

Ali-Bubba on March 5, 2007 at 9:54 PM

I love Michelle, but Ann is number one in my book.

Ann was right on the money and as always, the reaction proves her point is correct.

JayHaw Phrenzie on March 5, 2007 at 9:58 PM

Ann’s biggest problem wasn’t her choice of words, it was her choice of venue. She is known for trying to get a rise out of people. It tends to sell books and gets her invited on talk shows. In this case, she was missed the mark. She knew that it would get a strong reaction from the “I’m always a victim” left. It seems that the whole conference is ignored except for her comments. That is unfortunate.

DAT60A3 on March 5, 2007 at 9:59 PM

Ann doesn’t have a problem.

TheBigOldDog on March 5, 2007 at 10:01 PM

Michelle, you’re right. How much clearer could you have made it, even using the fact that Conservatives bring kids to the CPAC, and they shouldn’t need to be exposed to that language.

Ali-Bubba, I don’t know. Remember that Hotair episode with Michelle and the angry German boy? I think Michelle is like a plane tug. They look smaller, but they can taxi a 747, like its nobody’s business.

amerpundit on March 5, 2007 at 10:03 PM

“I’m not the one to pick a fight with”

welcome to the party pal….

EricPWJohnson on March 5, 2007 at 10:03 PM

The best, most effective way to shut Ann Coulter up is to stop talking about Ann Coulter. She said what she said to get a rise out of people and surprise… It worked. Ann is no Reagan conservative. She’s an egomaniacal snake oil salesman of a Rove Neocon, if that much. Michelle is absolutely right. That was is a major liability to our side.

John on March 5, 2007 at 10:04 PM

Coulter. Pwned. By Alan Colmes.

Still love Michelle’s little comment at the end there…

JetBoy on March 5, 2007 at 10:07 PM

Just meant that KP needs to be picking her fight with CPAC organizers, not me.

Michelle on March 5, 2007 at 9:37 PM

KP and Michelle were terrific (as usual) in their semi-regular Monday night appearance on the Factor.

BTW, I agree with Kirsten, and in fact, I posted a comment containing similar remarks (to hers) here on HotAir in one of the many “Fagg*t-gate” threads. (Bryan’s “Problem with Ann” thread, if I remember right.) The people that handed Annie the microphone must share part of the blame.

I am astonished at the heated debate amongst HotAir’s participants surrounding this incident. It seems that many conservatives have an unreasoning (unhinged?) fear of Political Correctness. They seem to think that if ANYONE criticizes a fellow conservative for undisciplined or rude behavior, that this is somehow proves that the “whistle-blower” is a RINO (or worse).

Okay — all of you Coulter fans are now free to get your jollies by calling me some name that’s worse than “fagg*t”.
It’s okay. I’ll get MY jollies by reading your comments. (BTW, there’s not a one of ya’ that frightens me in the least.) Hmmm. Perhaps it is my misfortune that Annie has already penned a book entitled “Treason.” Maybe I could have made dishonorable mention in her book (for criticizing her).

CyberCipher on March 5, 2007 at 10:08 PM

Ian on March 5, 2007 at 9:51 PM

You definitely had me worried before you clarified about the sarcasm. I would recommend re-updating the original post to mention your sarcasm there, because for a minute my jaw hit the ground wondering if you were serious.

tiekitwist on March 5, 2007 at 10:11 PM

Michelle has made Anns point. Feign outrage at being politically incorrect. Anyone remember the Greys Anatomy dustup? That was the joke. It was about everyone running for rehab when they do something un-PC. Anns bashers need to get over it and learn to get a joke. PC will be the death of us.

roninacreage on March 5, 2007 at 10:11 PM

Still Love You Ann!!!

TheFamousOne on March 5, 2007 at 10:12 PM

PC will be the death of us.

roninacreage on March 5, 2007 at 10:11 PM

Not being decent human beings will be the death of us…and being decent is not PC…

JetBoy on March 5, 2007 at 10:15 PM

Michelle on March 5, 2007 at 9:37 PM

Lol, wow! I hadn’t watched the clip yet until just a minute ago (I hope my first comment wasn’t confusing to anyone, and was simply a sophomoric joke based on the image of “Coulter and Maher on O’Reilly”).

Now that I’ve watched the clip though, that was crazy at the end. But I got what you were saying Michelle.

But earlier Michelle, I have to take issue with the whole complaint about how Coulter’s comment overshadowed all the good that happened at CPAC in the media coverage. Does anyone honestly think any of the “good” things were going to be reported anyway? The only mentions of CPAC at all were that there was a conservative forum where all the top GOP presidential candidates spoke, but McCain didn’t… and even that wasn’t “big” news that anyone paid attention to.

Plus, if it wasn’t this, the media would have been busy trying to come up with a new “scandal” to attack Bush with (you know the usual bogus story that get’s hyped for a few days, until it’s debunked. Then they ignore it, don’t issue corrections and start another one)

RightWinged on March 5, 2007 at 10:15 PM

Michelle on March 5, 2007 at 9:37 PM

Did KP respond off mic? I hope there are no hard feelings there.

I did not bother to watch Ann, H&C is not on my favorites list. But I’m a Michelle fan and am looking forward to the next episode of “It’s out there” and any other program she appears on.

As for Allah’s exit question, it has to be John F. Kerry, he holds elected office and therefore “represents” his state. So when he throws out a slur he speaks for his state whether they approve or not.

Zorro on March 5, 2007 at 10:17 PM

Ann exposes hypocrisy.
She did it with the Jersey Girls and she does it again with this outrage.
I think she handled herself very well.
And yes, Alan, she answered your n-word question.

wryteacher on March 5, 2007 at 10:17 PM

Daaaaaamn…I think I peed a little when MM made her quip there at the end…

starflyer on March 5, 2007 at 10:20 PM

Michelle has made Anns point. Feign outrage at being politically incorrect.

I’m not feigning. And it’s not “political incorrectness” that is the problem. It’s political stupidity.

Michelle on March 5, 2007 at 10:21 PM

Thank you Michelle, and the HotAir bloggers, for standing up and saying the right thing.

I know it’s not easy with all the flack you all are getting from many.

“Political stupidity” is exactly what it was. There was/is nothing to gain by remarks such as Coulter made. Nothing.

JetBoy on March 5, 2007 at 10:25 PM

CPAC’s over promotion of itself is another thing – personally as a midwest organizer – we tend to ignore conventions in DC and the East – especially full of elites calling themselves grassroots – to us in the end – everyone has one vote.

Hint – thats not where the Republicans are either and haven’t been for 20 years

Its not like the news outlets were giving continuous feeds and live coverages of the events – they are there for the controverys’.

CPAC is important – calling itself the premier event smacks of eletism you get 6,000 Republicans in a room during a primary everyone will come to speak, raise serious cash Coulter will speak.

EricPWJohnson on March 5, 2007 at 10:26 PM

Well it always seems you (a collective you) fight the bloodiest with friends/family. So no biggie.

- The Cat

MirCat on March 5, 2007 at 10:27 PM

The troops are not dumb. I grew up as an army brat, so I know that the troops are smart, hardworking, conservative, and patriotic. They are the best Americans around. So when Kerry says the troops are dumb, he is speaking like an ignorant liberal.

Ann Coulter was joking, pushing the PC boundaries, and making the point that homophobic liberals would call Silky Pony a “faggot” if they were to describe his character. Look at his hair video. The troops are not dumb; they are truly smart. John Edwards loves his hair, so Ann Coulter, if taunting, does have a point. She used the term she did because liberals would forbid it.

I agree; she handled herself very well.

januarius on March 5, 2007 at 10:28 PM

Holy massive post burst!

anyway, my last comment was in responce to . .

Michelle on March 5, 2007 at 9:37 PM

MirCat on March 5, 2007 at 10:29 PM

In wrestling entertainment, there are faces, heels, and mixtures of the two. The faces are the good guys. They’re civil and polite, play by the rules, and project themselves as role models for young fans. They’re boring. The heels are the bad guys. They lie, cheat and steal. They keep things interesting. As pleasant it is to see genuine competition between faces, every once in a while, its nice to see someone get hit in the face with a steel chair.

Savage on March 5, 2007 at 10:29 PM

It’s political stupidity.

No, it was “semantic Totalitarianism” on display in it’s full glory over a joke that used a word that is a well known schoolyard taunt that has nothing to do with slurring gays. Thank God somebody has the courage to fight it or pretty soon the only ones who will be free to speak will be the people who make the rules.

TheBigOldDog on March 5, 2007 at 10:29 PM

I don’t think Ann Coulter’s comments do much harm, but it’s depressing for me to watch some right-wingers twist themselves into knots defending her self-serving bad taste. I prefer Ann Coulter to Bill Maher, but that’s damning with faint praise. Couldn’t they have found a better speaker?

sandberg on March 5, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Why is it that only conservatives have to answer for things like this? Face it – the media never holds liberal hate-mongers to this level of scrutiny. The bias is overwhelming at times, and this is one of them. I completely get what Ann was saying. Ann is very bright, and her humor is sometimes a bit over the heads of some. People didn’t get her joke and assumed she called Breck girl a f*ggot.

Mr O asking the difference between Ann and Bill Maher? Give me a break. Ann is a well-researched author and columnist. Maher is a hack former comedian with an opinion – albeit a constantly incorrect one.

Then Michelle and KP. Uh…what was that? KP thinks Ann has a long history of throwing word bombs and, you know, if you’ve read her stuff, she does. I can say that even knowing that I’m probably the biggest Coulter fan here (from what I’ve seen in other comments). I really don’t believe KP was trying to pick a fight with anyone.

thedecider on March 5, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Meow.

The Ugly American on March 5, 2007 at 10:32 PM

Just meant that KP needs to be picking her fight with CPAC organizers, not me.

Michelle on March 5, 2007 at 9:37 PM

Spot on Michelle………

Next time, try it with the “Southern Drawl” Mrs. Clinton tried down south….

“You aint going to be pickin’ a fight with me, aint ya?”

Yeah, that works!

PinkyBigglesworth on March 5, 2007 at 10:36 PM

Has O’Reilly’s body language chick weighed in yet?
Does she think Ann is hiding her intention to enter rehab this weekend?

Stephen M on March 5, 2007 at 10:38 PM

When do we start bashing Ann for what she might say? Are there any thought police out there? I feel that slippery slope coming ahead. Apparently verbal crosshairs are only allowed on white hetero male Christains. Everything else is a protected species. Chris Rock will be the last comic standing. Jokes by anyone else is verbotten!

roninacreage on March 5, 2007 at 10:41 PM

What she said was outrageous. That is the whole point. Perhaps it is was venue inapropriate, but once again people are so quick to condemn her they aren’t even following her point. It was neither an attack on John Edwards nor an attack on gays. It was an assault on political correctness, which is the whole point of her joking about having to go into rehab. The reaction absoutly proves her point.

Do we forget that Johnathan Swift proposed eating children in order to make a political point? Today we aren’t allowed to say anything offensive, even when the point we are making is against the cultural censorship that we arent allow to offend anybody!

Resolute on March 5, 2007 at 10:42 PM

RESOLUTE GETS IT!!!!! Thank You!!!!!!

roninacreage on March 5, 2007 at 10:44 PM

roninacreage on March 5, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Resolute on March 5, 2007 at 10:42 PM

Yeah – I’m not feeling the outrage either.

thedecider on March 5, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Fact is, people had a knee jerk reaction to a word and everything else went out the window. And why did people have that reation? Because people, either consciencly or sub-consciencly, think Edwards acts (be it steriotipical) gay.

- The Cat

MirCat on March 5, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Perhaps it is was venue inapropriate

Lil’ bit?

Jim Treacher on March 5, 2007 at 10:46 PM

It’s political stupidity.

So true Michelle. What better way to kill the momentum of a largely successful weekend than have all the focus shifted to a stupid remark.

As if the MSM was gonna let this one slide…

Malpaso on March 5, 2007 at 10:46 PM

What some are doing here is what the left did to Trent Lott when he joked about Strom Thurmond. Throw him under the bus.

roninacreage on March 5, 2007 at 10:47 PM

She plays you guys for suckers and you can’t get enough of it. Keep it up.

Allahpundit on March 5, 2007 at 10:48 PM

Poor KP “…but he (Maher) is a comedian” – all comedy is based on truth.

Entelechy on March 5, 2007 at 10:48 PM

Who gives a rat’s ass what Dems have said in the past? You set a standard and you live by it, case closed. This “But look at all the names Coulter has been called” and “Look at what Durbin said” is a load of crap and it’s an embarrassment to even play that angle. Hannity does it often and it’s his main weakness in my opinion. His second weakness is his redundancy and whiny voice on radio, but that’s another story. I actually like the guy but when he pulls this crap, I change the dial.

Just remember, this post is from somebody who didn’t really care one way or another about what Coulter said. Just don’t try to save face this way, just tell whomever to piss off if they don’t like it.

Metro on March 5, 2007 at 10:48 PM

roninacreage on March 5, 2007 at 10:47 PM

So you’re saying we’re goin’ Greyhound?

thedecider on March 5, 2007 at 10:49 PM

It’s political stupidity.

Michelle on March 5, 2007 at 10:21 PM

We must send the message to Hannity. He persists in being stupid. Not as smart as I thought.

Entelechy on March 5, 2007 at 10:52 PM

Or decider, if you prefer, “postal”.

roninacreage on March 5, 2007 at 10:53 PM

The problem I have is you should only be offended if you thought she was really attacking gays in some way. Well if you think that then you didn’t actually get the point. You are just obssessed with one forbidden and politically incorrect word.

Resolute on March 5, 2007 at 10:54 PM

I know you meant this in a dead serious way, but it has two strangely funny sentences, for this thread:

She plays you guys for suckers and you can’t get enough of it. Keep it up.

Entelechy on March 5, 2007 at 10:56 PM

We won’t have to worry about Ann for much longer. When the Fairness Doctrine goes into effect, she will be blacklisted from all TV and print media. The same way Michelle has been with YouTube. That’s the only way to control this offensive speech.

roninacreage on March 5, 2007 at 10:57 PM

She plays you guys for suckers and you can’t get enough of it. Keep it up.
Allahpundit on March 5, 2007 at 10:48 PM

Ah contraire, I analyzed exactly what she said and what the logical point she is making is. The people running around like thier pants are on fire screaming to condmen her are the suckers who sell her books.

Resolute on March 5, 2007 at 10:58 PM

She plays you guys for suckers and you can’t get enough of it. Keep it up.

That’s very condescending. I’m deeply offended. I demand you check yourself into the nearest political re-education center. While there, get a new moniker as your current one could be considered offensive to millions of devote Muslims.

TheBigOldDog on March 5, 2007 at 10:58 PM

Tisk Tisk for altering the exit question Allah. Your last statement was pretty striking there. Not sure of what’s worse – Kerry’s joke or Ann’s?

lorien1973 on March 5, 2007 at 11:00 PM

Entelechy on March 5, 2007 at 10:52 PM

You know, I’ve started having the same feeling about Sean. There are moments when he’s so spot-on politically, then there are times when I guess it’s just a slow news day and he seems to be chasing his tail. I wonder if he’s not at a point in his career where he’s perhaps just pandering to the choir of the constantly outraged. There really is an audience out there that can be fed a steady stream of talking points (right or left) and their attention will be held…indefinitely as they feel the outrage. Then there are others (you, apparently, are one) who begin to look around and see the cups of kool-aid sitting about and realize this guy is full of crap. That’s where I am with Sean Hannity.

thedecider on March 5, 2007 at 11:00 PM

Is suckers a gay slur? Hate speech? hmmmmm?

roninacreage on March 5, 2007 at 11:01 PM

Man Coulter. lol.

cmon, give the left some credit, they come up with some good ones occasionally.

triple on March 5, 2007 at 11:03 PM

thedecider, I gave up watching H & C regularly a long time ago. They both annoy me, except that Allen annoys me more. Tonight I checked in, while hotairing, because of this controversy.

I’m sure ratings have much to do with it. It woulb be a much better show if both would just be themselves. Colmes used to make sense now and then and I used to think him to be polite and a reasonable leftie. Lately he’ll argue that the Earth is flat, if a conservative would say that it’s round. The show has become boring from all sides.

On an aside, I like Pat Caddel and would like to have dinner with him. He seems to be so sane and knowledgeable.

Entelechy on March 5, 2007 at 11:06 PM

He was until he was attacked by Lefties as some event. Ever since then he’s become a mindless shill.

TheBigOldDog on March 5, 2007 at 11:08 PM

It’s not a matter of you’re right or I’m right when it comes to Coulter’s comment…it’s a matter of what’s right.

And that comment of Ann’s was not right. (in every sense of the word “right”)

JetBoy on March 5, 2007 at 11:12 PM

Nah, that would be me. Michelle, you are great, don’t get me wrong, but I think especially after that clip of Ann explaining it, (which is just as I suspected the first time I saw her speech) you may have helped prove her point. The “word” police are going a little overboard.

Ann can light a fire under the conservative base, and once they’re awake, Michelle will have their attention, Ann should be one of your allies.

jjjen on March 5, 2007 at 11:14 PM

How many times does one really need to beat a dead horse before the horse has learned its lesson?

GT on March 5, 2007 at 11:24 PM

Go Ann go! The middle school students I teach would call this whole thing totally gay. (gay meaning “rubbish”)

Mojave Mark on March 5, 2007 at 11:34 PM

GT on March 5, 2007 at 11:24 PM

Yep.

I agree that her remarks were stupid and deserve condemnation, but this story has been dragged out to excess and at this point “beating a dead horse” is a perfect description of the debate.

CyberCipher made a spot-on comment above about excessive fear of PC among conservatives, but on the other side of the debate there seems to be an excessive fear of not showing enough outrage. There’s got to be a middle ground between those extremes.

Condemn the remark and then move on already. Geez.

thirteen28 on March 5, 2007 at 11:35 PM

JetBoy, we got it!

Entelechy on March 5, 2007 at 11:38 PM

Not that either is a “dog” in that sense of the word.

Ali-Bubba on March 5, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Yeah, but don’t forget Michelle’s a southpaw and that gives a lot of orthodox fighters trouble. She’s got a puncher’s chance.

Oh, wouldn’t that be ironic, a right-winger like Michelle KO’ing a liberal with a big left hook?

thirteen28 on March 5, 2007 at 11:40 PM

The bottom line is that she should have been more thoughtful. She knew beforehand, and everyone else could have told her beforehand, that if she insinuated, even jokingly, that Edwards was a “faggot,” that was what CPAC 2007 was going to be remembered for. This is a political event, not a comedy club, and people need to keep the humor relatively light and consider both their audience and where they are aiming their jokes.

I’m tired of people excusing it by the standard “bu bu but, the left is worse!” Yeah, we already know their worse. So what? She put self-promotion ahead of promoting the positions of CPAC. That sucks.

tommy1 on March 5, 2007 at 11:41 PM

I thought we weren’t supposed to go after Coulter’s looks.

Jim Treacher on March 5, 2007 at 11:49 PM

When O’Reilly says:

Whew! I don’t wanna get in the middle of this.

I don’t believe him.

tommy1 on March 5, 2007 at 11:51 PM

Am I the only one here that thinks Ann’s justification of using “faggot” in the school-yard taunt sense doesn’t get her off the hook?

She should now be criticized for her immaturity.
I mean, who here really believes that political debate should use the same tactics as kiddies on the playground?

As for Maher, why does KP get into this pseudo-defense of Maher based on the type of show he does (preaching to the crowd on HBO as opposed to preaching to the crowd at CPAC)? Is it too hard to simply call them both buffoons and say their rhetoric isn’t welcome? No, I guess that’s something adults would do.

bert169 on March 5, 2007 at 11:51 PM

Michelle on March 5, 2007 at 9:37 PM

I happened to catch O’R, and was wondering if maybe things had gotten a little tense there at the end of the segment. Seriously, what would AP do?? Heart-ache indeed.

Rick on March 6, 2007 at 12:00 AM

She plays you guys for suckers and you can’t get enough of it. Keep it up.

Allahpundit on March 5, 2007 at 10:48 PM

Oh Allah… you just call us all suckers…. now your going to have to go to rehab.

Maxx on March 6, 2007 at 12:06 AM

Oh Allah… you just call us all suckers….

Maxx on March 6, 2007 at 12:06 AM

The word is sucka’ — and as for AllahPundit,
I pity da’ po’ foo’.

CyberCipher on March 6, 2007 at 12:16 AM

Resolute on March 5, 2007 at 10:42 PM

Political Correctness has gone unopposed for so long that the American mind is now biased against free speech. I honestly fear for the First Amendment. Ann is trying to fight the good fight. Stabbing her in the back is so much easier than lending support in what might be, at this point, be an unwinnable battle.

Maxx on March 6, 2007 at 12:28 AM

I’ve watch Coulter’s 28+ minute speech and Q-A session several times. IMO, it’s vintage Coulter. While the f-word (in any context) has never been on my fav list, I thought her reference to rehab as a liberal reaction to everything NOT politically correct as funny! In all honesty, I was more “shocked” hearing MM (whom I respect highly) refer to McCain as John “screw you” McCain in her interview with Sean Hannity. And I’m not even a McCain fan ….

Gull on March 6, 2007 at 12:32 AM

the world is indeed becoming a strange place. the words fagggot and raghead were 2 words i often used to descibe 2 groups of people who i dislike. but since becoming a mm fan i am becoming more tolerant—–weird. my son was here tonight an exmarine and a major ann coulter fan and we almost got mad at each other. MM is prettier any day of the week.

bootheel on March 6, 2007 at 12:39 AM

First, I don’t totally believe that Coulter’s comment was totally about the PC issue.
I think she was also alluding to his somewhat effeminate carriage/behavior(?) (I’m just going on stuff I’ve read about him.)
Second, someone made a comment about the Caddell guy. I don’t know about having dinner with him (Is he buying?), but he seemed to be the only one in that segment who was level-headed and not with their panties in a bunch.
Funny thing about H&C: The more I watch, the less I like both of them!

RedCrow on March 6, 2007 at 12:46 AM

Ann is trying to fight the good fight.

Maxx on March 6, 2007 at 12:28 AM

Ann Coulter is undisciplined and self-indulgent — and THAT makes her WEAK. She is unworthy of the fray.

Go ahead. Call me PC.
If you come back, and I will taunt you AGAIN (you silly englishman).

CyberCipher on March 6, 2007 at 12:51 AM

In the video, Michelle used Reagan as her example of how a leader should speak, and she’s right, Reagan was the best. But does anyone remember how the left portrayed Reagan after he coined the phrase “The Evil Empire.” Reagan was denounced as a hater and a warmonger, and the left ran around with their hair on fire, trying to cry him down.

But of course, the left doesn’t really care if anyone is offended, that’s just their excuse to silence you. And it has gone dangerously too far, they want “rehab” for everyone that’s not on the left. We need to get back to the First Amendment, and tell the perpetually offended to take a time out. That will require boldness, like what Ann did.

Maxx on March 6, 2007 at 12:58 AM

CyberCipher on March 6, 2007 at 12:51 AM

CyberCipher, it’s late here and I got to work tomorrow, so I’m going to bed. But you can write something nasty about me if you wish, and I’ll catch up with you tomorrow. How’s that?

And I’m not an Englishman by the way, I’m an American.

Maxx on March 6, 2007 at 1:11 AM

On her Web site, Coulter has accused John Edward’s campaign manager of being a terrorist supporter. She’s completely indefensible at this point.

Bob Owens on March 6, 2007 at 1:12 AM

Is it possible to condemn Coulter’s “faggot” joke and condemn the condemning of Coulter’s “faggot” joke at the same time? If there’s a way, I’m taking it!

Yes, I agree with you Michelle. She shouldn’t have ended her speech with such a lame and lousy joke that left a bad taste in everyone’s mouth. But I also think getting upset like this over the use of a single word that wasn’t even used in it’s proper context is worth condemning. If the word “faggot” overshadowed the rest of Ann’s speech, it’s not because she said it, it’s because we keep condemning it over and over and over.

Joshua P. Allem on March 6, 2007 at 1:13 AM

it’s late here and I got to work tomorrow, so I’m going to bed.

Maxx on March 6, 2007 at 1:11 AM

Good night John-boy. Good night Mary-Ellen.

And I’m not an Englishman by the way, I’m an American.

Maxx on March 6, 2007 at 1:11 AM

Not a Monty Python fan I guess. Oh well.

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

CyberCipher on March 6, 2007 at 1:24 AM

That will require boldness, like what Ann did.

No, that will require boldness, like what Reagan did.

sandberg on March 6, 2007 at 1:33 AM

The Ann Coulter appearance on Hannity & Colmes can be summed up as “Friendship over Principle”. Sean gave Coulter a free pass on her unhinged comment at CPAC. This was exactly the kid gloves interview that Ann was looking for to start the process of rehabilitating herself.

If Ann Coulter had the guts to appear on the Hugh Hewitt radio show Hugh would slap her around the block a few times over her stupid comments at CPAC 2007 and other unhinged moments.

In this case I agree with Reagan conservatives Bill Bennett, Laura Ingraham, Hugh Hewitt, Michelle Malkin and many others who have rightfully criticized Ann Coulter for this latest ‘bomg throwing’ incident.

Coulter friend, Jon Caldara of 850am KOA, revealed tonight on his show that Ann does have gay friends. I guess that will explode the heads of all the Coulterbots making their anti-gay rants over at Free Republic.

olympian2008 on March 6, 2007 at 1:53 AM

This should be obvious to anyone who has heard her ever speak on the subject; which of course is what makes this whole thing silly.

- The Cat

MirCat on March 6, 2007 at 2:41 AM

She plays you guys for suckers and you can’t get enough of it. Keep it up.

Very funny. If I am right, you play the same game.

Ouabam on March 6, 2007 at 2:58 AM

She should just kiss Madonna to prove that she is not gay.

More, I read her speech. She did not call the wuss a faggot. She only made a conditional statement.

Ouabam on March 6, 2007 at 3:04 AM

Great, now Bill O’Reilly who absolutely detests Ann Coulter is brought into the fray.

For O’Reilly to compare Bill Maher to Ann Coulter is so far fetched but it fits the ever Political Correct Bill O’Reilly. O”Reilly will never cover the great people like Duncan Hunter and others at CPAC but he does cover all the DNC events begging Hillary or John Kerry to come on his program.

O’Reilly actually provides cover the likes of Bill Maher and it makes me sick. Every week is a one hour Bush Bashing session. He calls terrorists freedom fighters and wishes the president and vice president were both dead. Talk about moral equivalence.

That is where Conservatives make the mistake of appeasing the left and the MSM. The only time they ever cover conservative events if somebody like Ann makes headlines.

Once again, I will remind you folks that the thought police are gunning for the Christian conservatives and need to read the legislation now before Congress, H.R. 254 . If they get their way, Ann would be charged with a crime for saying Faggot and all the people that were “offended” would get their pound of flesh.

“The newest threat is being prepared by U.S. Rep. John Conyers, the head of the House Judiciary Committee, whose work is being called “The Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2007”

“Truth is not allowed as evidence in hate crimes trials. … A homosexual can claim emotional damage from hearing Scripture that describes his lifestyle as an abomination. He can press charges against the pastor or broadcaster who merely reads the Bible in public. The ‘hater’ can be fined thousands of dollars and even imprisoned!” Marcavage said.”

This is what Ann was sounding the alarm about rehab centers for violators of hate speech laws.

ScottyDog on March 6, 2007 at 3:06 AM

One of many examples of Ann Coulter unhinged – (from late in 2005)

When she was on the Mike Rosen show to promote the paperback version of her “How to Talk to a Liberal, If You Must” she made outrageous comments calling for the impeachment of President Bush, 3 times in 20 minutes. Her last comment before departing the interview
was that her next book was going to be titled “Impeach Bush”. She wasn’t joking. This was during the Harriet Miers selection process.

In the same interview Mike also asked her about her statement that the US military should “frag” (kill) john murtha, a member of Congress. Mike gave her multiple opportunities to take back those words, but she proudly said “I’m glad the word is getting out, and that “I stand by those words”. You could hear Mike just throw his hands in the air over the radio.

I’m sure if Ann had to explain away these unhinged comments… it’ll just end up being another joke. That’s her MO. Make a stupid statement and claim it was just a harmless joke.

olympian2008 on March 6, 2007 at 3:27 AM

Would the joke have been funny if Dennis “King of Obscurity” Miller had delivered it? In obscure I mean apparently the reference was lost to all those who are gnashing their teeth over what Ann said. Context people. Context.

She plays you guys for suckers and you can’t get enough of it. Keep it up.

Allahpundit on March 5, 2007 at 10:48 PM

Keep what up? A difference in opinion? Please clarify.

As for those who are “suckered” in by Ann, the joke was her tar baby and the seething got stuck (of course referencing Uncle Remus for the PC police).

geckomon on March 6, 2007 at 3:34 AM