Shock: Bill Maher says something disgusting about Cheney

posted at 1:04 pm on March 3, 2007 by Allahpundit

He’s the libertarian libertine version of Coulter: shameless, repulsive, but minus the ambiguity about whether he really means what he says. And as always, his bottom-feeding audience hoots and claps at the pinch of every verbal loaf. Hitchens, who should have known better than to appear on his show last year, at least had the proper response to that.

Exit question one: will Cheney embarrass himself by trying to turn this into a fundraising gimmick? Exit question two: given the left’s (appropriate) outrage at Coulter’s attempt to question Edwards’s masculinity, should we expect their snickering about the size of her adam’s apple to stop anytime soon?

Update: Andrew Levy on Coulter. Watch the comments fly!

Update: Ace notes another difference between Maher and Coulter.

Comments

Maher: But I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn’t be dying needlessly tomorrow. (applause)

Scarborough: If someone on this panel said that they wished that Dick Cheney had been blown up, and you didn’t say…

Frank: I think he did.

Scarborough: Okay. Did you say…

Maher: No, no. I quoted that.

Frank: You don’t believe that?

Maher: I’m just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That’s a fact.

Wake up, HBO: one of your hosts said the world would be a safer place if the Vice President of the United States of America had been assassinated.

That’s far worse than Maher’s crack about the 9/11 “Warriors” on Politically Incorrect – for which he was rightfully canned. Some people never learn.

SpartRan on March 3, 2007 at 1:14 PM

The fundraising gimmick on Breck girl’s site it far tackier than anything Coulter said.

infidel on March 3, 2007 at 1:17 PM

Maher seems to project an aire of self righteous indignation over just about anything that is not left wing, liberal, and he does so with a very strong sense of being right all the time, and everyone who does not think like him is an idiot.

I never understood why any conservative would ever accept an invitation to his program. Every conservative is cut off by the others, by Maher, and by the audience. Every conservative is mocked and ridiculed.

Furthermore, on Maher’s program, Maher and his other left-wing, liberal, fifth column, bash the US, bash Bush, bash Cheney, bash religion, bash Christian panelists and audience, they always bring up some little known news item or information that is often false to begin with, but which the conservative has no answer for, and often the conservative responds as if the information is true without ever checking it out first.

Maher oozes hatred, disdain, and the most sinister mood. He is too much for me to watch, for he is among the most arrogant, mean spirited, hate filled persons I’ve ever had the misfortune to see or hear.

Rosie O’Donnel, Bill Maher, Cindy Sheehan, Michael Moore, and others, are all cut from the same clothe. They are full of hatred and disdain, they stick their noses in the air like they are smelling the stench of a room filled with passed gas, perhaps their own, behaving in a condescending, rude manner to others.

They deserve one another.

William

William2006 on March 3, 2007 at 1:32 PM

Grrr, must defend Coulter! Why is AP a liberal? GRRRRR!

Jim Treacher on March 3, 2007 at 1:34 PM

Let HBO know what you think, and demand that they take action: http://www.hbo.com/corpinfo/faq/realtimefaq.shtml

SpartRan on March 3, 2007 at 1:34 PM

“A lack of moral clarity is why an Israeli journalist compared a kippah to a prison. It is why people living in free societies cannot distinguish between religious fundamentalists in democratic states and religious terrorists in fundamentalist states. It is why people living in free societies can come to see their fellow citizens as their enemies, and foreign dictators as their friends.” —Natan Sharanksy’s “The Case for Democracy”

jp on March 3, 2007 at 1:36 PM

every time I see that tasteless, tactless, disgusting pic of that jackass bill dressed as the “croc hunter” I want to slam his head into that brick wall behind him. Repeatedly.

Mazztek on March 3, 2007 at 1:39 PM

Can someone find the clip of where Maher was outraged over the Saddam hanging?

jp on March 3, 2007 at 1:40 PM

Grrr, must defend Coulter! Why is AP a liberal? GRRRRR!
Jim Treacher on March 3, 2007 at 1:34 PM

damn frustrating, isn’t it?

shooter on March 3, 2007 at 1:41 PM

So why not post a petition on here and send it Ann Coulter, if we’re sincere then why not be proactive?

mimi on March 3, 2007 at 1:45 PM

I can’t take the feigned outrage from the left when pretty much every day we’re subjected to nonsense like this.

That campaign pitch by Edwards is stunningly shameless.

JammieWearingFool on March 3, 2007 at 1:49 PM

damn frustrating, isn’t it?

Must… draw comparisons… to lefty nutbags… GRRRRRR!!!

Jim Treacher on March 3, 2007 at 1:53 PM

I don’t know why. I really can’t explain it, but Ann Coulter just does not get my dander up like Bill Maher does. She should, but she doesn’t.

I think what I am feeling is almost shadenfreude-ish in nature. Coulter is a walking talking long-legged blonde package of revenge for all the years we’ve had to put up with political tripe from the left side of the aisle.

I mean, come on…many of the people on the right decrying her now are the same idiots that sacrificed Trent Lott on the altar of political correctness for toasting an old guy at a birthday party. At what cost civility? I think conservatives should exercise civility in the same measure that liberals do.

gryphon202 on March 3, 2007 at 1:54 PM

Levy is going waaaay overboard in this one. Because a few Republicans embrace Coulter we deserve to lose every election for eternity…. to a party full of hate filled bigots? Riiiiight.

Here’s a question for you though… I’ve heard the term “retard” used in a derogatory way at least twice on Red Eye (it doesn’t offend me, but when you hear it on TV it’s very obvious because it’s not common). Now whether you believe gays are born that way or not (I don’t believe they are, though I’m sure you do like most of my conservative compromising friends here have). No matter how strongly you may believe they are born that way, you can’t prove that 100%. However we KNOW that retarded people are born that way and can’t help it. Are you outraged at your colleagues for calling eachother or referring to themselves as “retards”?

I could go on, but I’ll leave it there for now.

RightWinged on March 3, 2007 at 1:58 PM

Is Levy honestly happy that we lost the last election? Does he think that the democrats in congress symbolize poetic justice? Is he rooting for the dems to maintain control in 2008? That doesn’t sound very conservative to me. Ladies and gentlemen, the conservative movement of The United States of America is dead as a doornail.

gryphon202 on March 3, 2007 at 2:02 PM

I’ve heard the term “retard” used in a derogatory way at least twice on Red Eye

Well, it’s like black people using the N-word: They get to say it to each other.

Jim Treacher on March 3, 2007 at 2:07 PM

ANDREW LEVY KILLED CONSERVATISM!!!

Jim Treacher on March 3, 2007 at 2:08 PM

MY GOD, is that picture of Maher on the front page real?

It looks like somebody’s re-animated corpse.

Jones Zemkophill on March 3, 2007 at 2:12 PM

I think the US Secret Service needs to be involved, not HBO.
I don’t care what policy the heads of state are involved in or how many lives would be spared if they were dead, you don’t joke about how their death would further your agenda. This deserves a late-night visit by government agents.

unamused on March 3, 2007 at 2:13 PM

I think the US Secret Service needs to be involved, not HBO.

And then next week’s show is all about how the government is trying to crush his free speech. It’s like Whack-A-Mole.

Jim Treacher on March 3, 2007 at 2:17 PM

MY GOD, is that picture of Maher on the front page real?

He dressed like the Crocodile Hunter with a sting ray stabbed to him for Halloween…..the guy is a sick nutjob.

jp on March 3, 2007 at 2:19 PM

Jim Treacher on March 3, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Well that is a pretty funny joke Treach (honestly, but it doesn’t at all address my very real point (though admittedly, it’s not your job to answer for Levy).

I repeat – RightWinged on March 3, 2007 at 1:58 PM

RightWinged on March 3, 2007 at 2:25 PM

All of this outrage leaves me worn out. And outraged.

Remember when people said idiotic things and people would just roll their eyes and think “Damn, what a moron.”

Well, I guess I’d better get over to Liardogfake and see if I can find something to piss me off. If I’m not back in a week or so, would someone wake up?

Oh, and whatever you do, be respectful of the astute professionalism of the Boston Police. THERE MIGHT BE CHILDREN READING!

Pablo on March 3, 2007 at 2:27 PM

I think the US Secret Service needs to be involved, not HBO.
unamused on March 3, 2007 at 2:13 PM

If that walking, talking piece of human excrement (Bill Maher) would have said that when Komrade Klinton’s regime was in power, the Secret Service would have hauled him off the stage even before a commercial break. Hell, they were having people hauled off trying to ask that lady’s man a question! The Secret Service should get involved.

Hate consumes these people, they now live on the “dark side” as Obi-Wan would say…

Zorro on March 3, 2007 at 2:28 PM

MY GOD, is that picture of Maher on the front page real?

I suspect that that is the reason that HBO does not broadcast his show in HD.

I’d cancel my HBO over this, except that I canceled it last week because there wasn’t ever anything on worth watching.

rw on March 3, 2007 at 2:29 PM

I want to cancel HBO now, but Rome isn’t finished and soon the Finale of Sopranos starts…

jp on March 3, 2007 at 2:31 PM

the pinch of every verbal loaf

For.The.Win.

liquidflorian on March 3, 2007 at 2:50 PM

I guess that I, too, am having a lot of problem understanding why everyone on our side of the fence wants to get their noses so far out of joint over Ann Coulter.

Good grief, people! The woman was telling you a joke. If you think it was in poor taste, fine. But if we’re going to have to be so totally PC that we can’t find some humor in the almost obssessively feminine care that Pretty Pony takes with his hair, I better go find a new wing of a new political movement to inhabit.

We’re letting the left dictate our reactions again, and that is getting way old.

jefferson101 on March 3, 2007 at 2:50 PM

Ann Coulter – “…you have to go into rehab if you say the word ‘faggot,’”
Andy Levy – “If you say the word faggot, I will Disenfranchise your skinny ass.”

Chuckling on 23 graves (which Levy ignores).

Barney Frank: They said the bomb was wasted. (laughter and applause)
Maher: That’s a funny joke.

Stephen M on March 3, 2007 at 2:52 PM

Well that is a pretty funny joke Treach

That’s m’job!

but it doesn’t at all address my very real point

Which show are you watching?

Jim Treacher on March 3, 2007 at 2:54 PM

I am usually one to defend Ms. Coulter because she does say what some of us think but are afraid to say out loud, but on this one I have to take a pass. It was an unfortunate attempt at a bad joke. We should leave the faggot references to Fred Phelps and his twisted hate of all humans and toast(obscure reference , I hope some remember).

There are so many other references that could have been used to describe Edwards such as: A vile, corpse juicing, trial lawyer that achieved a such level of wealth by bottom feeding on the legal system to actually discover poverty.

How was that? Any feigning of outrage by the left would have been taken with a grain of salt.

Another thing I have to say is that the right does take Ms. Coulter to task for the misguided comments she does sometimes make. The lefties, however, tend to defend their wicked by crying free speech. I wonder if Alan Colmes will defend Ms. Coulter by using his usual free speech mantra.

This is way to long and colons and semi-colons confuse me. I have to go potty.

Sammy316 on March 3, 2007 at 2:55 PM

jefferson101 on March 3, 2007 at 2:50 PM

I’ve got to agree with jefferson on this. we worry way to much about PC. we’re turning into a bunch of PC Pussies. Can I say pussy and not have to say I’m sorry?

R D on March 3, 2007 at 3:02 PM

Can I say pussy and not have to say I’m sorry?
R D

Check with Andy Levy’s colorist.

Stephen M on March 3, 2007 at 3:22 PM

Is “Nancy boy” acceptable?

EnochCain on March 3, 2007 at 3:38 PM

Is “Nancy boy” acceptable?

EnochCain on March 3, 2007 at 3:38 PM

It would have been funnier.

Sammy316 on March 3, 2007 at 3:43 PM

If you don’t like the word faggot…well thats too bad. A Rose by any other name is still as rose…is still a faggot. There are lots of things in life that offend people. Time to grow up and get serious about serious matters.

Wade on March 3, 2007 at 3:46 PM

R D on March 3, 2007 at 3:02 PM

OH, I am so offended. I am so shocked. I heard that word on the Sopranos. I can not watch that show any more. Golly gee, words can really hurt….LOL

Wade on March 3, 2007 at 3:50 PM

You can insult Christians, Conservatives, Republicans, White people, and often even Asians-Orientals, and you never have to go to Rehab!

You cannot say anything about homosexuals, lesbians, blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, and a host of others, otherwise you DO have to go to rehab, and bow down on your knees and kiss behind, and apologize on every television show and every politically correct, preferred group’s leadership ad nauseum!

Double standard!

William

William2006 on March 3, 2007 at 3:54 PM

The 1st Amendment according to PC

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech (Except the words deemed offensive to someone i.e. faggot and nigger), or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Wade on March 3, 2007 at 3:56 PM

First and foremost, all these talking heads have to play to the audience whether they be on radio or tv. The audience is their bread & butter. Coulter or Maher, Beck or Olbermann, etc ad nauseum, it makes no difference who they are.

They all have their base, and their @work persona is tuned to entertain and tickle their base so they can stay on the air and stay employed.

They’re ALL simply court jesters and not one iota more.

SilverStar830 on March 3, 2007 at 4:16 PM

Which show are you watching?

Jim Treacher on March 3, 2007 at 2:54 PM

I don’t follow?

RightWinged on March 3, 2007 at 4:40 PM

Of course, but what’s funny or entertaining about the demise of our politicians sufficient for Maher (or anyone) to justify it as being in the best interest of others? Nothing. The risk is that some like-minded whackjob acts on Bill Maher’s p.o.v., after which it’s obvious that this court jester’s “joke” went too far. Which is why we don’t joke about it – or talk about it.

SpartRan on March 3, 2007 at 5:07 PM

I don’t follow?

Nope!

Jim Treacher on March 3, 2007 at 5:08 PM

There is nothing appropiate by anyone’s outrage because if they are they MISSED THE POINT! The only reaction that is appropiate is the rolling of the eyes of those who actually got it.

The point was that Ann was going to say something about Edwards that people would demand that she go into rehab for. The “faggot” reference was to put it into the context of a recent ridiculous exercise in PC’ness.

Edwards is not gay and everyone should realize that if Ann were to call him gay, people would point out the fact that he is married. She knows that! This was not a mistake on Ann’s part. Those types of mistakes are for goons like amanda marquette.

This has exposed the weak candidates and supporters on the right because conservatives are supposed to be the rational ones who reject knee-jerk emotional reactions, not the ones who start eating their own when the PC beast arises from the depths of ignorance and fear.

And no, the left will attack Ann’s adam apple for the same reason I call Rosie a fat pig. Because Ann has, and Rosie is.

csdeven on March 3, 2007 at 5:41 PM

Jim Treacher on March 3, 2007 at 2:17 PM

True, but these guys have a way of digging a deep hole, then digging deeper. It would be entertaining to watch him try and crawl out of it.

wccawa on March 3, 2007 at 5:42 PM

I still think she should have used “Silky Pony”….

Can you imagine the press…….. “What the he*l is a “Silky Pony”….. and when they researched, it would have brought them straight to Hot Air and MM, and stuck to Edwards like Glue!

Oh, the missed opportunities………

PinkyBigglesworth on March 3, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Nope!

Jim Treacher on March 3, 2007 at 5:08 PM

All I said (March 3, 2007 at 1:58 PM) is that I want to know if Levy is as outraged at the use of retard as a pejorative on Red Eye, as he is about Coulter’s use of the word “faggot” in a joke, that was at least 50% intended to mock what I’m going to call (though I’m probably not first) the “culture of rehab”, where celebrities and politicians go to rehab when they say something stupid. Again I’m not offended by it, but taking in to account that we know for a FACT that retarded people are born that way, can’t help it, and can’t defend themselves when mocked. Coulter was actually mocking Edwards, and even if one were to say it is a slam against gays you have to acknowledge that there isn’t a shred of evidence (whether one believes it or not, really doesn’t matter) proving that people are born gay.. even if they are, we KNOW that retarded people are born that way. I’m just waiting to hear someone explain this to me, preferably Levy.

Unless of course some how Levy’s comments on Coulter were some extreme form of sarcasm I didn’t undertand, and he doesn’t believe that all because of Coulter (who is rather insigificant) we deserve to lose every election for eternity. If he wasn’t really meaning that, then please tell me.. but I didn’t taste any sarcasm.

Given that I don’t think it was sarcastic, I’m curious if the Democrats deserve to lose every election for “eternity”, considering the left is full of evil, vile, hate filled people who attack Christians, soldiers, black Republicans, etc. with regularity. And it’s not just one skinny blond lady who likes to go over the top… there’s an army of these people on the left and some of them hold elected office, some are on TV, some are on news shows, some are DNC chairmen… and it’s a constant flow of hate from these people, day in and day out. I’m not justifying Coulter… What I’m asking is – If Coulter is enough for Levy to say the GOP deserves to lose every election for eternity, what say he about the Democrats? Infinity times infinity?

RightWinged on March 3, 2007 at 6:13 PM

I’ve listened to AC’s “joke” at least 6 times now and have yet to hear her refer to Edwards as gay or homosexual. I have heard her refer to his feminine ways and gross lack of masculinity. Is this what everyone’s in a huff over. Good grief, I’m almost embarassed for “our side” with these responses.

rayvet on March 3, 2007 at 6:50 PM

ZzzzzzzzzzHUH? What did I miss?

Jim Treacher on March 3, 2007 at 7:29 PM

Maher should stick to bad-mouthing the pedophile “prophet” of Islam, Mohammad’s, psychopathic excuse for a “religion”, and not worry so much about the guys like Cheney who are keeping its terrorist jihadists from getting to our shores, again, and killing people like Maher (as they did his late, liberal Dutch collleague, Theo Van Gogh).

The aim of these purblind pismires is continuously astonishing in their acute asininity.

profitsbeard on March 3, 2007 at 9:19 PM

just to set the record straight (pun partially intended), i’m not a republican or a conservative – i’m a libertarian.

maybe this is why i can put coulter in the same box as michael moore, bill maher, huffpo commenters who are upset cheney didn’t get killed, etc.

if it’s wrong on one side, it’s wrong on all sides. and saying “they started it” or “they do it too” strikes me as somewhat childish.

and y’know what? if i WERE a republican i’d be even MORE pissed off at coulter, from a purely political standpoint. because the fact is, even if some commenters at conservative blogs don’t think what she said is offensive, a large number of americans probably do, and it ain’t good for the party to be associated with it – having your candidates have to spend a day distancing themselves from a remark ain’t good.

there’s a huge difference between someone like michelle malkin and coulter – malkin is “controversial” only because she’s a conservative in a game sadly dominated by liberals. i don’t always agree with her, but i can’t think of a time when i found something she said or wrote offensive.

oh, and to comment briefly on the whole ‘retarded’ thing: both times that word was used on red eye i actually made a point of pointing it out in my “halftime report.”

and to rightwinged’s question about my saying that repubs deserve to lose every election “from here to eternity,” i actually said that if they don’t repudiate coulter they deserve that. and, no, it wasn’t sarcasm or marcottian satire, but it WAS hyperbole. clearly i don’t mean to imply that the next generation of republicans should be held accountable for the sins of the last.

anyway, it’s pretty much a dead issue anyway, since they seem to be doing the right thing.

Levy on March 3, 2007 at 9:42 PM

I’ve heard the term “retard” used in a derogatory way at least twice on Red Eye

Jim Treacher on March 3, 2007 at 2:07 PM

So are you saying the really are retarded? Because they don’t seem retarded to me… I’M OFFENDED!!!

Gianni on March 3, 2007 at 11:21 PM

Personally I don’t care what people say period. I care about what they do. Actions speak louder than words and all that.

- The Cat

MirCat on March 3, 2007 at 11:40 PM

P.S. Case in point, even though I agree with what Barney Frank said about a forum admin having the right to police their forum, the bum still needs to be out of Congress.

- The Cat

MirCat on March 3, 2007 at 11:46 PM

“He’s the libertarian libertine version of Coulter”

When Maher is driven off the air BY LIBERALS, then, and only then, will I join in condemning Coulter, if condemnation is truly necessary.

When LIBERALS and Democrats cease blood libeling Bush (as “Hitler”), conservatives (“nazis”) and worse, then, and only then, do they have the right to complain about Coulter.

11th Commandment. Start following it. Stop doing the work of the Democrats.

georgej on March 3, 2007 at 11:46 PM

So very glad to see so many are getting use of the video I downloaded, edited, and uploded, yet I’m getting no credit anywhere except for Newsbusters via Noel Shepherd. Thanks, Noel…

MsUnderestimated on March 3, 2007 at 11:50 PM

No one told me you uploaded it. Stan sent it to me to let me know it was online. I’m removing it right now. But I do appreciate you coming here and making a stink in the comments instead of e-mailing me, MsU.

Don’t you worry about us posting any more of your stuff. I absolutely promise it won’t happen again.

Allahpundit on March 3, 2007 at 11:52 PM

seriously? someone who violates copyright laws is allowed to be snippy about this??

Levy on March 4, 2007 at 1:11 AM

maher has always been an idiot. Although I’m suprised he is a self hating person who is a liberal and does know that jihadists want to behead him. That last bit I give him credit for.

Highrise on March 4, 2007 at 2:49 AM

The clinical term is “high-functioning.”

Jim Treacher on March 4, 2007 at 4:07 AM

georgej: You post cut and paste the same comments over and over.

“He’s the libertarian libertine version of Coulter”

When LIBERALS and Democrats cease blood libeling Bush (as “Hitler”), conservatives (”nazis”) and worse, then, and only then, do they have the right to complain about Coulter.

11th Commandment. Start following it. Stop doing the work of the Democrats.

Look don’t be a hypocrite. I don’t totally disagree, but the Republicans get on the HOUSE FLOOR and compare democrats to Nazi sympathisers or some other BULL. Get real. At least Maher is funny. I agree, he says some distasteful and offensive things, especially death jokes. Unlike Coulter whose outrageous “jokes” are hateful and not funny. You can get a way with it when its funny. For some reason Conservatives don’t have a funny bone in their body, Dennis Miller the exception. With that said Freedom of speech, God Bless America.

gmcjetpilot on March 4, 2007 at 6:13 AM

For some reason Conservatives don’t have a funny bone in their body

What about the humerus? THAT OL’ GAG

Jim Treacher on March 4, 2007 at 12:29 PM

Jim Treacher on March 4, 2007 at 12:29 PM

So you ever going to apologize for calling the people on Red Eye retarded? Are the others here ever going to condemn you for doing so? It offends me man.

Gianni on March 4, 2007 at 1:56 PM

gmcjetpilot on March 4, 2007 at 6:13 AM

“gmcjetpilot,”

I disagree with your assessment of Bill Maher.

That is a matter of perception, world view, and personal taste.

1) I perceive Maher as hateful in his venomous, vindictive, arrogant, mean spirited comments. I don’t find many of his comments to be funny, just patently hateful and offensive.

2) Coulter has come up with many funny, humorous comments and some quite humorous imagery.

With that said, I prefer Michelle Malkin to Ann Coulter.

Of course, I also prefer Thomas Sowell, Larry Elder, Don Adams, Walter Williams, David Horowitz, Robert Spencer, and a host of others to Ann Coulter regarding informative writing and speaking.

Michelle Malkin strikes me as being much more informative, appears to be every bit as intelligent, and even more so, and is well informed in comparison to Ann Coulter. Michelle is often much more prepared to back up what she says that Coulter, who, I notice, runs out of steam and is often unable to answer often specious claims by leftists-liberals.

I won’t look to Maher or Coulter for comedy. I’ll look to Maher for hate speech, condescension, and verbal diarrhea.

Bill Maher, along with Rosie O’Donnel, Cindy Sheehan, and a few others, are clear examples that obnoxious, mean, nasty people can rise to the level of fame and fortune in this world.

William

William2006 on March 4, 2007 at 2:18 PM

So you ever going to apologize for calling the people on Red Eye retarded?

I’ve already apologized for apologizing for calling the people on Red Eye retarded, and then apologized for that. Also Gutfeld beat me with a phone book.

Jim Treacher on March 4, 2007 at 2:23 PM

I’ve always enjoyed Bill Mahers early work, when he was a member of the Monkees

Jen the Neocon on March 4, 2007 at 2:33 PM

Jim Treacher on March 4, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Imagine that, you once again fail to get the point.

Gianni on March 4, 2007 at 2:38 PM

Levy on March 3, 2007 at 9:42 PM

I don’t recall your comments at halftime on the “retard” thing, though you seem like an honest cat so I’ll take your word for it. And I appreciate the clarification on your hyperbole. I feel like I could give a bunch of other examples where people could claim to be offended when certain terms were used, but this is kind of an old story now. As I’ve said in other threads about this whole Coulter comment obsession, she’s really a nobody if you think about it. Okay she writes some books, says a few crazy things, gets physically assaulted by whacked out liberals at college speaking events, but really… who does she get elected? She’s a nobody, and while Bryan is right that she just gives the media and left a reason to hammer us… I say what about that is different than if she hadn’t made the comments? If it weren’t for her, the media would have come up with some other “scandal” to go after Bush or other Republicans on. Maybe Bush is spying on your phone calls with a new twists (they’ve always got a few of those stories in their holster to dishonestly hype and recycle), or maybe he’s sanctioning torture (they’ve always got a few of those too, even though usually they are based on absolutely nothing other than some “human rights” group who hasn’t been to Gitmo pitching a fit and getting free press from the AP).

I just don’t see why everyone needs to waste their time distancing themselves from Coulter… were any of them ever close with her to begin with?

RightWinged on March 4, 2007 at 5:23 PM

That’s what we call magnanimity!

Jim Treacher on March 4, 2007 at 5:24 PM

Imagine that, you once again fail to get the point.

I’m retarded.

Jim Treacher on March 4, 2007 at 5:28 PM

The point is the word retard is very offensive to some people, yet you have no problem using it to refer to people and joking about it, yet one person uses the word faggot and you get your panties in a bind… Why the hypocrisy?

Gianni on March 4, 2007 at 7:15 PM

Why not?

Jim Treacher on March 4, 2007 at 7:28 PM

As I said, I’m over the original point, even though there is more there to be hashed out, almost everyone is moved on… so I will as well.

That said, am I the only one who’s ever wondered… “what if I am retarded?” A lot of people who are don’t realize it, right? So what if I am retarded and all of my “world” isn’t how I see it. I don’t live on my own and take care of myself, etc. It’s all just put together to make me feel good, but in reality I’m completely retarded.

(There’s a movie in there somewhere, and if something ever gets made using this premise, I’m due royalties… that’s my way of copyrighting this and calling it a legally binding document)

RightWinged on March 4, 2007 at 8:38 PM

And with that Jim became a troll

MirCat on March 4, 2007 at 8:38 PM

Fine, guess I’ll make a note to never ever take anything you say seriously, even the things Allah quotes… It’s obvious you don’t.

Gianni on March 4, 2007 at 9:10 PM

Allahpundit on March 3, 2007 at 11:52 PM

Never was worried about you “posting” my vids, Allah…You might have done it once or twice in the past, but the only one of your crew that HAS done it and given me credit was Ian. I’ve been friends with Ian for a long time, and he and I have always gotten along (and always will, unless you forbid that of him). No sleep lost here if you don’t use my vids, but Ian is always welcome to, and I’ve told him so. I get more traffic from Newsbusters and Noel Sheppard anyway. Indeed it was Noel Sheppard’s piece today that was promoted on Drudge that has my server crashed. I could be worse off. But hey, that’s just me….

MsU

MsUnderestimated on March 4, 2007 at 10:03 PM

And with that Jim became a troll

“Became”?

Jim Treacher on March 4, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Fine, guess I’ll make a note to never ever take anything you say seriously

Oh well!

Jim Treacher on March 4, 2007 at 11:35 PM

Oh quit whining, you moral relativist. My goodness, she’s funny as hell, better educated and smarter than any of the lowflifes she abuses (like Maher and Edwards).

Some of you pansies help explain how Graham, Voinovich and Snowe get elected as Republicans.

Jaibones on June 26, 2007 at 4:59 PM