Video: Bryan Preston talks YouTube on “Red Eye”

posted at 9:30 am on March 2, 2007 by Allahpundit

Our resident video wiz guested on Gut’s show last night to explain to night owls the double standard YouTube follows in punishing users who criticize Islam, regardless of how innocuous or well founded that criticism might be. Heart-ache was induced when Rachel Marsden and Lisa Bernhard responded with the old non sequitur about YT being a private actor that can do what it wants — a point no one disputes, and which conveniently ducks the more important questions of whether they should be condemned for it and whether economic pressure should be brought to bear. I doubt Marsden, in particular, would reply to evidence of Reuters or AP media bias with a glib, “Hey, it’s their business.” Why the exception for YouTube?

FYI, this wasn’t Bryan’s only appearance on Fox yesterday. He turned up as the first righty blogger quoted in this FoxNews.com article about blogs’ role in the 2008 election. Snarking on the nutroots, of course.

Update: Inanimate Carbon Rod is keeping tabs on white supremacist videos at YouTube. Hours after he flagged his latest discovery for hate speech, it’s still on there.

Comments

What a handsome chap.

Enrique on March 2, 2007 at 9:31 AM

So, the libtards can slam FOX news for being more “balanced” then the others, but right-wingers can’t slam YT?

Ok, I just want to clarify the rules.

Thanks.

armyvet on March 2, 2007 at 9:40 AM

The argument and comparison to Hooters is just plain ridiculous and distracts from the matter that was being discussed. Hiring flat chested waitresses hardly compares to the suppression of factual content in favor or Jihadi propaganda. I can’t believe on of the speakers actually said that was a good point.

Of course YouTube is a private enterprise and can do whatever it pleases. This doesn’t diminish the need to criticize them for their one sided practices.

MiB

ManInBlack on March 2, 2007 at 9:42 AM

Do you guys know who Rich Vos is?

Jim Treacher on March 2, 2007 at 9:54 AM

I like Levy’s disclaimer. “A note to our Muslim extremist viewrers…”

see-dubya on March 2, 2007 at 9:54 AM

Do you mean this guy Treach?

bbz123 on March 2, 2007 at 9:59 AM

Yeah, the guy married to Bonnie McFarlane?

csdeven on March 2, 2007 at 10:08 AM

Yep!

Jim Treacher on March 2, 2007 at 10:08 AM

Great clip…I’m glad they’re getting captured here on HA ’cause Red Eye is way past my bed time.

flipflop on March 2, 2007 at 10:09 AM

If I am correct in my scoring, we have now seen Michelle’s, Bryan’s, and Ian’s images on this site. AP, when are you going to reveal your handsome visage?

Mallard T. Drake on March 2, 2007 at 10:13 AM

Just to set the record straight. I have done some research in the this field, and feel it is my right to correct the statement concerning Hooters. Not all are well endowed, some are perky.
It is in the presentation, not the content.

right2bright on March 2, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Where is the pic of AP? I now have a face for Bryan and Ian, but no Allahpundit!!!!

Pam on March 2, 2007 at 10:27 AM

MallardT- Sorry, I didn’t see you had posted that!

Pam on March 2, 2007 at 10:28 AM

AP, when are you going to reveal your handsome visage?

When it actually becomes handsome. (Hint: never!)

Allahpundit on March 2, 2007 at 10:28 AM

That Red Eye Host (Gutfeld)looks like a mix between Rob Morrow (numb3rs) and PeeWee Herman. Bryan showed the difference between people who are in the politics business who really have meaning and others who are PC and talking heads trying to move up.

Drtuddle on March 2, 2007 at 10:30 AM

YT is a business and can operate as they see fit. The issues is that they represent themselves as applying an even hand to all content when in reality they do not.

Maybe someone should make video that slams YT and post it? I wonder how long it would take for them to protect the “religion of YouTube” and take it down?

csdeven on March 2, 2007 at 10:31 AM

With just a touch of Adolf Hitler.

Jim Treacher on March 2, 2007 at 10:41 AM

“You tube is this thing that young people go to look at videos?”

Good God. Hopefully that was an unscripted intro….

wryteacher on March 2, 2007 at 10:41 AM

Hubba Hubba Bryan!

But seriously, good job.

silenced majority on March 2, 2007 at 10:48 AM

When it actually becomes handsome. (Hint: never!)

Allahpundit on March 2, 2007 at 10:28 AM

Alla, you sound handsome.

Who’s with me on this?, I say we start a petition to have AP expose himself to us…Uhm, that didn’t come out right, I meant to say show us his mug…mmm, again, didn’t sound good. SHOW US A PICTURE OF YOURSELF!

silenced majority on March 2, 2007 at 10:58 AM

That was odd. Marsden is the resident rightwing extremist on that show and they constantly mock her sarcastically pre-blaming the liberals for everything before she does. Yet I’ve seen her bitch about pro-lifers (can’t remember the exact context, so don’t ask me to explain… I just remember being shocked) and this was just too weird. I think the short segment didn’t allow for Marsden to fully understand what was going on, because I don’t think she would be taking that position if she understood the situation.

RightWinged on March 2, 2007 at 11:21 AM

It is in the presentation, not the content.

right2bright on March 2, 2007 at 10:15 AM

That’s the way it should be too, who’s with me? Some people like the ladies to be hunched over with a couple cannon balls… I’d prefer a hot girl, with a toned caboose with a little shape, and smaller and perkier upstairs… That way she has the potential to stay pretty hot as she gets older… instead of having back problems and … .well… you know about gravity.

RightWinged on March 2, 2007 at 11:25 AM

Jim Treacher on March 2, 2007 at 10:08 AM

Nope. Bryan is way cuter than that Vos dude. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again….chicks dig the goatee.

KelliD on March 2, 2007 at 11:50 AM

Come on, Allah–how to you expect to enjoy the company of your blog groupies if you don’t reveal a little more of your personal life?

Just ask Jeff Goldstein. You meet all kinds of interesting people on the internet!

see-dubya on March 2, 2007 at 11:59 AM

Heh. I have no blog groupies. Michelle has blog groupies and I just try to keep them reasonably entertained and well informed.

Allahpundit on March 2, 2007 at 12:02 PM

He’s cute! Hey sailor!

budorob on March 2, 2007 at 12:02 PM

bryan isn’t fat, clearly, but goatees can be abused as what i like to call “the fat man’s comb-over”. that is, if you have a web of fat connecting the tip of your chin to your chest, a goatee is a common way of pretending you have some definition there.

jummy on March 2, 2007 at 12:10 PM

Heh. I have no blog groupies

yea you do. don’t be a putz.

jummy on March 2, 2007 at 12:12 PM

Ya’ll might as well forget about AP showing his true identity. There were several of us who tried to convince him months ago – to no avail. He remains and always will remain our mystery man!

pullingmyhairout on March 2, 2007 at 12:22 PM

I’m still kind of hanging on to my theory that AP is in fact an alter-ego of KP… Who’s with me?

RightWinged on March 2, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Has anyone called Hoenig this morning to see if he’s okay?

ScottMcC on March 2, 2007 at 12:50 PM

Everyone is afraid of being killed by jihadies

Yet everything else is fair game.

It’s sad cause it’s so true.

Kini on March 2, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Let’s compare the actions of U-Tube to big boobs. Who is that boob who can not stay on subject?

Just for that boobs information U-Tube is not the about tube tops.

Wade on March 2, 2007 at 12:57 PM

Enrique, you missed your chance. You could have written:

We love Bryan.

Entelechy on March 2, 2007 at 1:02 PM

Allahpundit on March 2, 2007 at 12:02 PM

…and we’re like wasps – instinctively drawn to your ‘sweetness’…

Seriously, though, please don’t “expose/reveal/whatever” yourself. Mystery man is fine. It’s now part of HA’s persona.

Entelechy on March 2, 2007 at 1:20 PM

Well, keep in mind that Vos is like 30 years older.

Jim Treacher on March 2, 2007 at 1:22 PM

That was worth watching,thx.

On the other hand, osiris01234567 IS STILL UP at Utube going strong and in all its vulgarities. I flagged it at 1:45 pm eastern, after it had ‘survived’ longer than a day already.

Was that Hoenig that told us how he ‘really felt’?
It’s the best I’ve ever heard from him.
MOSUCKS – new moniker perhaps? or truthiness?

shooter on March 2, 2007 at 1:54 PM

RightWinged on March 2, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Ooooooh, interesting…

I tried to stay up for this but even though I get the East Coast feed on the West Coast it was too late. Thanks for posting it.

NTWR on March 2, 2007 at 2:09 PM

AP, when are you going to reveal your handsome visage?

Mallard T. Drake on March 2, 2007 at 10:13 AM

My collie says:

Why should we settle for a mere mug-shot of AP? The people over at the PETA website routinely shed all of their clothes and post clips of themselves stark naked in order to draw attention to their cause. Perhaps someone should suggest to AP that he needs to borrow a page out of the PETA play book. After all, is he committed to the conservative cause, or isn’t he?

So how about it AP? Are you ready to make that kind of sacrifice for the HotAir team?

Hmmm. I can’t say as I agree with my collie. There’s nothing uglier than a naked human.

CyberCipher on March 2, 2007 at 3:04 PM

CyberCypher, my Sheltie says:

Sir, you are misreading the “Hot” in “HOTAiR”.

Entelechy on March 2, 2007 at 3:08 PM

AP, you have hijacked this thread. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Rick on March 2, 2007 at 3:22 PM

Bryan, you look like a debonair gentleman.

Entelechy on March 2, 2007 at 4:01 PM

Should have said “debonnaire”…

Entelechy on March 2, 2007 at 4:02 PM

Watching this off my DVR right now. You better be good, Bryan ::shakes fist::

frankj on March 2, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Bryan, there’s a video on YouTube and the guy has uncanny similarities to you, voice/facial features, check it out- Hondo67 “Tirades about a Renaissance Festival”. I don’t believe it’s you, just thought it was funny.

mimi on March 2, 2007 at 6:14 PM

Wow, I can’t believe Hoenig said that. The man’s got guts.

greggish on March 2, 2007 at 6:54 PM

Enrique, you missed your chance.

I don’t want to get too predictable. :)

By the way, Hoenig deserves massive props for calling out Mohammed like that. I would love to have the opportunity to express some killer blasphemy like that on cable, even at 2 AM.

Enrique on March 2, 2007 at 7:39 PM

Stop using that friggin’ freehand camera.

!#$%!#@%$!#@%

Reaps on March 2, 2007 at 7:45 PM

How cute is Bryan!!!

Rightwingsparkle on March 2, 2007 at 7:59 PM

I always thought Bryan had a little Mark Ruffalo going on.

Drtuddle on March 2, 2007 at 8:04 PM

Drtuddle on March 2, 2007 at 8:04 PM

for the record, AP has a standing invite to guest on red eye…

and i talked to j-ho this morning so he’s fine!

Levy on March 2, 2007 at 8:46 PM

Whew, that’s a relief. Thanks for the follow up with Hoenig, Mistah Levy. Those Saturday morning financial shows would totally suck if it was just Chartman and the guy from MASH.

ScottMcC on March 3, 2007 at 1:06 AM

All I can say is that YouTube is good for finding Polysics Videos

- The Cat

MirCat on March 3, 2007 at 1:38 AM

“No one wants to get killed by a *radical fundamentalist*”…
That’s their defense of EweToob?!?!?

Deep doo doo, I tell yas.

*round of applause* for the gutsy guy from Chicago.

Claire on March 3, 2007 at 1:23 PM

The two women sounded like a pair of excuse makers for YouTube.

William

William2006 on March 3, 2007 at 1:43 PM

AP, has the count of people asking to see a picture of you over 1 million yet?

Maybe then they’ll stop asking…

rightside on September 26, 2007 at 7:55 AM