Ahmadinejad: Zionists are Satan incarnate, cause of all conflicts, etc etc etc

posted at 12:00 pm on March 1, 2007 by Allahpundit

Not only is he stealing other people’s material, what little original stuff there is is tiresome and predictable.

He’s like the Dane Cook of anti-semitism.

His latest, from the land of genocide:

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in Sudan late Wednesday that “Zionists are the true manifestation of Satan,” state-run IRNA news agency reported…

“Many Western governments that claim to be pioneers of democracy and standard bearers of human rights close their eyes over crimes committed by the Zionists and by remaining silent support the Zionists due to their hedonistic and materialistic tendencies,” the Iranian leader said.

We’re nearing the point where I can write the next week’s posts days in advance. “Ahmadinejad calls for Jew-stomp.” “Iranian nukes 10 years, or maybe six months, away.” “Righties think surge is working, lefties not so much.” “Dems seek way to stop war without anybody noticing.” “Rudy polls look good with 20 months to go.” “New HamNation.” And so on.

Exit question: Is it time to break this news funk wide open by taking the site tabloid? I’d still be able to write the posts a week in advance (“Lindsay — no panties!”), but at least it’d be something different. Let your voice be heard in the comments. The boss is listening.

Comments

Is it time to break this news funk wide open by taking the site tabloid?

Work’s for Ace’s site, right? We demand videos of “what what in your butt” Well, not really. But the video is still funny.

lorien1973 on March 1, 2007 at 12:03 PM

I’m the one who sent him that video. I send him stuff all the time that the powers that be will not stand for.

Allahpundit on March 1, 2007 at 12:05 PM

Exit question: Is it time to break this news funk wide open by taking the site tabloid? Paris Hilton wall to wall, baby. Let your voice be heard in the comments. The boss is listening.

Don’t nerf this blog, AP. Keep doing what got this blog popular: Photos of Beth from Realverse.

What about getting Treacher to do some blogging here. That dude is the Mr. Wolf from Pulp Fiction of the blogosphere.

Hoodlumman on March 1, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Keep doing what got this blog popular: Photos of Beth from Realverse.

Mwahahah. There’s an idea.

Allahpundit on March 1, 2007 at 12:07 PM

/tongue firmly planted in cheek…

You know…. I do have a very unpopular theory…

You do know that Satan was the FIRST AMERICAN???

Think about it, he rebelled against an autocratic, dictorial, theocracy!!! He was for Free Speech, Freedom of Religion, and CHOICE!!! (can’t choose to be good, if there is no evil). He was such a Rebel he went out and started his OWN country!

Yeppers… he’s for Nudey Bars, Beer, and Daisy Duke Shorts!!! Crap… bet he has a gun rack in his tricked out Satanmobile…

And he’s definatly got a good hold on Washington… can anyone else explain HILLARY CLINTON??? I mean come on.. gotta be proof of sellin yer soul there…

Yep… we in America need to EMBRACE our role as the Great Satan!!!

And show em what hell on earth could really be like!

Romeo13 on March 1, 2007 at 12:14 PM

I say no to the tabloid idea and this comes from someone who loves AOSHQ. Because let’s face it, the power(s) that be here will never let you be as crude as he is. So in the field of crude, tabloid internet journalism, you’ll always be “SI for Kids” to Ace’s “Sports Illustrated.” And what’s the point of that?

I second the call for more Bethany though. Was she abducted by people from out of space or something?

World B. Free on March 1, 2007 at 12:16 PM

I think you may be onto something AP. The internet is seriously underserved in the tabloid/snark department.

Oh, and cat videos.
Everyone loves cat videos.

billy on March 1, 2007 at 12:25 PM

When the Hitler of Iran is stuttering and repeating the same thing like that, he needs to fire his Iranian script writer and hire some nice Jewish ones :-p

Defector01 on March 1, 2007 at 12:26 PM

Is it time to break this news funk wide open by taking the site tabloid?

Only if you’ve got fresh pictures of Bat Boy.

flipflop on March 1, 2007 at 12:28 PM

Is it time to break this news funk wide open by taking the site tabloid? —- Allahpundit

That would make about as much sense as when Coca Cola decided to made “New Coke” that tasted like Pepsi. Very bad Idea !

Maxx on March 1, 2007 at 12:28 PM

If Ahmadinejad keeps this up, he’s going to run out of material. I mean it’s already getting boring. He needs to really hit with some new unheard of outrage. Maybe talk to the Nation of Islam to get a street wize edge to it.

- The Cat

P.S.

You just wanna get paid to surf Lindsey/Christina pics/vids.

MirCat on March 1, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Exit question: Is it time to break this news funk wide open by taking the site tabloid? I’d still be able to write the posts a week in advance (”Lindsay — no panties!”), but at least it’d be something different. Let your voice be heard in the comments. The boss is listening.

No. If it is slow get more intellectual not less. Give more context. A post on the political history of Islam. Another good article that addresses Kurdistan. The coming trade war with China and how developing Mexico benefits our economy. Colorado is experiencing an illegal alien shortage due to tougher immigration laws, etc…

Theworldisnotenough on March 1, 2007 at 12:42 PM

Ahmadinejad: Zionists are Satan incarnate, cause of all conflicts, etc etc etc

Well, now we have to talk to him! I mean, the left has clearly been right all along, we just need to talk to this guy and all will be well.

He’s like the Dane Cook of anti-semitism.

What’s wrong with Dane Cook?

Allahpundit on March 1, 2007 at 12:05 PM

So Ace is like HotAir’s gay art school son that the HotAir family hides from the public? Or he runs HotAir’s crawl space/dungeon?

RightWinged on March 1, 2007 at 12:47 PM

And then what?? Open up the gates to allow all the tabloid commenters?? You will be banning people left and right.

Rick on March 1, 2007 at 12:54 PM

Ace is AP’s dirty little girl.

Iblis on March 1, 2007 at 12:55 PM

I’d love for this site to somehow modify the YouTube clips so I can actually watch them! My server here blocks YouTube. Can’t you clip them in like the Vents?

But to the topic at hand, if you go tabloid, I move on elsewhere. I come here for a little higher class of browsing, not strippers on poles near truck stops.

Centurion68 on March 1, 2007 at 12:58 PM

I always thought short people were the cause of all wars.

JackM on March 1, 2007 at 1:00 PM

Oh by the way, I forgot to mention…. PLEASE don’t go tabloid. I hate tabloid stuff, and I think most people here do as well… Case and point – How often do you get people begging for Court TV, Greta, and Larry King clips?

At any rate, here’s something that is almost tabloid in it’s stupidity, though not actually tabloid material. Global warming? Crazy old Canadians? UFOs? It has it all!

RightWinged on March 1, 2007 at 1:04 PM

ALL THE VIEW, ALL THE TIME!!!!!

see-dubya on March 1, 2007 at 1:12 PM

Global warming? Crazy old Canadians? UFOs? It has it all!

Does anyone wonder why Canada, as a country, has accomplished absolutely nothing?

JackM on March 1, 2007 at 1:12 PM

Is this the perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black? Islam, the “religion” of Satan himself, has its preeminent madman calling God’s chosen people Satanists.

liberty on March 1, 2007 at 1:20 PM

JackM on March 1, 2007 at 1:12 PM

It’s called socialism.

Rick on March 1, 2007 at 1:34 PM

Sounds to me like you need a vacation. (Hear that, boss?) I get bored with my job at times, but I don’t suggest to Management that they change the company. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

RedWinged Blackbird on March 1, 2007 at 1:36 PM

JackM on March 1, 2007 at 1:12 PM

How dare you speak ill of America’s toupee!

RightWinged on March 1, 2007 at 1:43 PM

AP,

Your writing style is definitely much different than the old AP site. That was great satire and when you stopped writing it hit me as hard as losing Royko.

Maybe you can convince MM to let you go a little more wild or contribute to another blog when the biting sarcasm you have built up is stiffled by HotAir’s standards of decorum. I have noticed you are not writing the same style as before and I took it that maybe that time was a phase or it was difficult to come up with that really good satire all the time. Now that I know you are suppressing it I have to say PLEASE find a way to express that side of your personality. At the risk of sounding like a sycophant, you are a really good writer and the world is a worse place without your full skills being applied.

Bill C on March 1, 2007 at 1:54 PM

Is it time to break this news funk wide open by taking the site tabloid?

No. If I wanted to read about how Britney’s drapes now match the carpet, I’d go to Ace, or watch The Soup. This current mix works just fine. Those are my 2 cents, FWIW.

Kid from Brooklyn on March 1, 2007 at 1:55 PM

This headline will work sooner or later:
Mass Murdering Child Rapist Islamist Jihadi Cop Killer Given Full Professorship at Progressive University

stonemeister on March 1, 2007 at 1:58 PM

Theworldisnotenough on March 1, 2007 at 12:42 PM

I second that. I’ll skim Drudge each day, and that is enough of the tabloid crap for me!

lan astaslem on March 1, 2007 at 2:01 PM

Zionists are the true manifestation of Satan

I thought America was Satan? I wish this guy would make up his mind, He’s starting to sound like Kerry. “I voted FOR America as the Great Satan BEFORE I voted against it!”

RedinBlueCounty on March 1, 2007 at 2:02 PM

President Tom’s next speech:

“Yadda yadda yadda”

We know what he’s gonna say anyways. Why waste both of our time?

lorien1973 on March 1, 2007 at 2:05 PM

And be like every liberal politician’s website? I don’t think so!

RedinBlueCounty on March 1, 2007 at 2:07 PM

No tabloid stuff, AP. If it ain’t broke, don’t break it.

SAM 1X on March 1, 2007 at 2:25 PM

Is it time to break this news funk wide open by taking the site tabloid?

More Christina Aguilera!!!

J/K…yeah, go ahead…go tabloid. There will be another blog pop up in your place to serve us junkies. And this place can be the conservative version of huffpo where everyone can talk about KP and the boss’s butts whenever they make great political points.

csdeven on March 1, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Really, all kidding aside, it’s obvious that CA and LDS bashing have been the big topics lately. I’ve noticed a lot of the substantive posts are getting less comments.

Maybe some tabloid stuff, IN REASON, would break the monotony of always being right about how insanely clueless the lefties are.

I like original ideas, hypothetical discussion, etc. I also like insulting the real idiots. I like praising our troops. I like hearing from the troops in Iraq. Maybe a weekly spotlight on a trooper that MM met while she was in Iraq? That would be nice. He/she could share their experiences etc.

Just a few thoughts.

csdeven on March 1, 2007 at 2:52 PM

Go tabloid? I love Ace’s take on things, but the free-wheeling style there has his commenters turning the HQ into an online version of the American-pop-culture-turned-Caligula-orgy that was the William Shatner Roast from last year. Meh.

eeyore on March 1, 2007 at 3:03 PM

I vote ‘no’ on the whole going tabloid thing. I agree with the comment above by SAM 1X.

I would suggest just making the news up when you get in a rut, but that would be more Aw/tP than AP.

Readymade on March 1, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Dude…..

Swimsuit calendar!

but seriously…

No tabloid stuff, AP. If it ain’t broke, don’t break it.

SAM 1X on March 1, 2007 at 2:25 PM

save the crap-o-la for Perez Hilton….

liquidflorian on March 1, 2007 at 3:12 PM

AP, just realize that sooner or later the judge in the Libby case is going to take the jury’s bong away and they’ll actually reach some kind of verdict. Depending on the outcome, it may just give you the opportunity of posting a video in which Chris Matthews’ head explodes.

Shivv on March 1, 2007 at 3:12 PM

Maybe take on a couple more loquacious regulars. The best posts obviously have a lot of thought put into them, and a lot of time getting the links right. If there were more hands on board, there would be less pressure on any one person to keep the front page freshed-up when they were already thunk out for the day.

eeyore on March 1, 2007 at 3:29 PM

I think HotAirs format is great, I definitely would not change it to a Tabloid, because then you would be just… another one…. of many.

But you might consider making the “front page” larger (longer). Often times the debate is still raging on a post when it drops into the archive, and people just don’t follow a post into the archive for the purpose of debate. So why not make the home page two or three times longer so the post stay visible much longer? And maybe have three or four days worth of Michelle’s Vents…. today’s, yesterdays, day before yesterday … etc. It’s a shame that Michelle’s post drop off the front page so quickly, especially considering how well crafted they are and the amount of time it takes to produce them. I would also extend the number of “Top Picks” to perhaps eight or ten ….. why not?

If making the “front page” longer cannot be done for some reason, then perhaps a “Page 2” and a “Page 3” or whatever is practical.

There may be very good reasons why this would not work, I don’t know how to put a web page together…. but these are my “brain-storming” thoughts on it.

This is a great site, very well done and I consider it a great privilege to be able to post here. I hope you don’t change it to a tabloid, I think that would be the wrong way to go.

Maxx on March 1, 2007 at 8:56 PM

March 1, 2007 by Allahpundit

Exactly!

What you are seeing, now that the world media is lined up to get a “filty sanchez” from this idiot (Mymood Iminajihad), is the day to day “propoganda” that is in their media, their schools, their political speak, their policies, their religious teachings.

No facts, no fresh thinking, just the party line.

Over, and over, and over, and over again.

If you dare speak up against it, you are no longer seen on the streets.

I am sure we will hear more and more, the same old rants, when the oppressed people ask their leaders, “Why, why do you oppress us?”

The leaders always respond “Because of the devil!” (Not them, who are in charge).

The people then ask…”who is the devil?”

The leaders then point to the United States… (who just gave them billions in aide) “There, there is the devil, kill them!”

“Death to America!”, “Death to America!”, “Death to America!”

Haven’t we heard this somewhere before?

PinkyBigglesworth on March 1, 2007 at 11:13 PM

Personally the reason I come to read HotAir everyday is for political news and commentary–not random funny YouTube videos and tabloid news stories. So please, don’t move any more in this direction than you already have. In fact, more hard political news would be appreciated. For instance, updates on the surge?

Patriot33 on March 2, 2007 at 2:02 AM

I would have told those awful thugs to turn themselves in to the police for shooting that young man in the head.

Jim Treacher on March 7, 2007 at 3:02 AM