Outrage: Israelis attacking Palestinians from abandoned mosques

posted at 8:36 pm on February 27, 2007 by Allahpundit

Waging war on the enemy from the ruins of its own holy places? What black chapter in the annals of heart-ache does this dastardly tactic come from?

You know the punchline by now.

Follow the link for the killer logic deployed at the end of the piece. It’s worth it, I promise.

Comments

Follow the link for the killer logic deployed at the end of the piece.

Kosher red meat.

Kid from Brooklyn on February 27, 2007 at 8:37 PM

There’s a horror movie plot here somewhere… Now, if we could just make it so the mosque ruins were over the top of an Indian graveyard; now were talkin’ horror flick.

Mojave Mark on February 27, 2007 at 8:43 PM

I put the K on the meat myself

Jews don’t have holy places, just zionazi traning camps that produced people like me

Defector01 on February 27, 2007 at 8:43 PM

Isreal should go back to the practice of running a bulldozer over every building from which they are fired upon. Certainly they knew from their long, bloody history with the Palestinians, this would happen. Flatten the land. Build the wall. Finish the job. Restore the temple. You know you want to.

thedecider on February 27, 2007 at 8:54 PM

The sad thing is, there are millions of people in America and around the world who truly believe that. OT, but i saw a blurb of Scooter Libby at the link and was wondering if anybody else has noticed how MSNBC is covering the Libby trial? They never refer to it as the Scooter Libby trial, instead they always call it the trial of the former aide to Vice President Dick Cheney. They’re obviously still holding out hope that Fitzpatrick will go after Cheney.

forged rite on February 27, 2007 at 9:04 PM

Where’s Flip Wilson when you need him?

spmat on February 27, 2007 at 9:05 PM

The Palestinians don’t need a state of their own and they don’t need international funding.

They need a big fenced estate with a nice garden and bars on the windows of the buildings where they can mosey around in white jackets all day long. I’d suggest giving them crayons for quiet time, but even that would probably cause a hatefest … you know, seeing things that are sharper than they are.

Dusty on February 27, 2007 at 9:09 PM

Israel “left the synagogues behind so the world would see the Palestinians destroying them,” Mr. Abir said.

Mr. Abir, another “charm school” graduate.

Zorro on February 27, 2007 at 9:34 PM

“Now look what YOU made ME do!”

An old and stupid refrain.

mojo on February 27, 2007 at 9:55 PM

Wait, let’s see if I get this straight….

No one cares if Muslims use a holy place to kill from, but God forbid that we bomb a Mosque that is being used by terrorists to kill US soldiers?

For the life of me, I don’t understand why we don’t remove mosques from the safe house list….Then again, I don’t understand why we don’t kill anyone with ties to terrorists in Iraq. Example: You’re house has a cache of weapons, everyone over the age of 15 dies….

But hey, we are winning hearts and minds…. /sarcasm

Tim Burton on February 27, 2007 at 10:11 PM

Like the Muslim extremest need a reason, it’s never their fault……

PinkyBigglesworth on February 27, 2007 at 10:20 PM

Mr. Abir, another “charm school” graduate.

Zorro

It was a good idea, he just forgot that when its done to Jews, NO ONE GIVES A ****

Defector01 on February 27, 2007 at 10:37 PM

Yep. it was worth it.

What an idiot!

csdeven on February 27, 2007 at 10:42 PM

Wow. Talk about the soft bigotry of low expectations. There’s logic for you. Why not say, “She wore a mini-skirt so they could put me in jail for raping her,” or “They invented the car so they could put me in jail for stealing them.” “They invented toilet paper so they could . . . my brain,” you fill in the blank. Apparently the only agency these people have comes in a white SUV with UN painted on the side.

smellthecoffee on February 27, 2007 at 11:29 PM

Dang, the Jooooos are so clever it’s scary.

RW Wacko on February 28, 2007 at 12:52 AM

Of course, the Palestinians could try something different, like negotiating in good faith for peace with Israel…oh, sorry, I forgot: The Palestinians don’t want peace with Israel. “They only love death.” While I’m confident that the Israelis take no joy from it, they’ll nonetheless be happy to oblige (provided that Olmert doesn’t get in the way again), since that’s apparently how the Palestinians want it.

SpartRan on February 28, 2007 at 3:36 AM

I certainly do not condone the Palestinian’s behavior but I do wonder why the Israelis left the synagogues intact. I thought they tore down all the housing in Gaza before they left. Why not the synagogues? Surely they knew the Palestinians would do something horrible to them.

Babs on February 28, 2007 at 8:49 AM

Babs on February 28, 2007 at 8:49 AM

Some here may recall Arafat making claims that Jews who were “forced out of Palestine” prior to Israel’s War of Independence would be “welcome” to return to an independent Palestinian state. Flash forward: The Israelis clearly marked the synagogues, yet I witnessed post-evacuation video showing the Palestinians setting those buildings aflame – much as the Taliban destroying centuries-old Buddhist statues and scupltures in Afghanistan. Seems to me that’s all you need to know about the argument that there will be peaceful co-existence between radical Islamists and their pro-Marxist allies, and anyone who thinks differently.

SpartRan on February 28, 2007 at 10:09 AM

Mr. Abir blamed the Jewish state for the desecration of the Gaza synagogues by Palestinian Arabs, claiming the decision to leave the structures intact was part of an Israeli conspiracy.

So, it’s the Jews fault that the “Palestinian Arabs” are destroying synagogues? That leads to the question of: If it’s all a Jewish conspiracy, why are the Palestinians conspiring WITH the Jews by actually destroying the synagogues when the Arabs KNOW that this is what the Jews want? Wouldn’t that make it a Jewish-Palestinian conspiracy?

The truth is; it’s a Palestinian conspiracy to destroy the Jewish faith and anything related to that faith, including those the Jewish people themselves.

RedinBlueCounty on February 28, 2007 at 10:17 AM

I do wonder why the Israelis left the synagogues intact

I don’t think Jewish people would willingly destroy symbols of their faith, like a synagogue, nor would they destroy symbol of other people’s faith, like all the mosques that were located in Israel in 1948 when that nation was created. You didn’t see mobs of Jews burning the mosques, did you?

The Jewish people actually respects the faiths of others and destroying a symbol of anyones faith is something that is abhorrent to them. The same can not be said of the Palestinians.

RedinBlueCounty on February 28, 2007 at 10:25 AM

I believe that under the agreement, nothing was to be destroyed. I was surprised that the Palestinians didn’t convert the synagogues to mosques… I had rather thought that they would for propaganda purposes.

The synagogues had all religious symbols removed, and, for the most part, they were pretty nondescript buildings. Not stained glass and arches and huge wooden doors or anything.

heldmyw on February 28, 2007 at 1:47 PM

OK, so when you start executing 16 year old girls…? Where did you find that tactic – French Army in Algeria, c. 1950s?

major john on February 28, 2007 at 2:51 PM

Oh let’s start a list, here I’ll start:

-Romans in Gaul
-Alexander the Great’s policy for people who opposed him, he then forced them to accept his culture.
-The English and the Scots.
-The Muslim’s conquest of the ME, Iran and even Istanbul. (Convert, die or Dhimmi)
-The Soviets

I didn’t list the Nazis, but their roles were the opposite. They punished those villages who supported them when something bad happened, and turned them to the Russians. Had they embraced them better they would have kept them. This is different as compared to Islamic nations today who hate us, and we try to win their minds only to convince them that we are weak and they should continue to hate us.

Tim Burton on February 28, 2007 at 7:40 PM