Deep thoughts, Diggbat style: Is LGF anti-semitic?

posted at 5:46 pm on February 27, 2007 by Allahpundit

I’m going to say “no,” although I admit to wondering occasionally whether dKos isn’t just an elaborate false flag operation designed to discredit the left. Maybe this young moron was trying out some parallel logic on CJ. Not very successfully, but give him points for creativity.

Actually, the reason I’m linking is because Charles requested help with one of his online stalkers. Please click and follow his directions. And speaking of unhinged leftists, Rick Ellensburg’s latest transmission from Puppetland would have us believe that the raft of assassination boosterism in nutroots comment sections today tells us nothing about their audience. Who knows? Maybe it’s just one guy leaving Cheney death-wish comments on different sites under dozens of different identities.

But then, how likely is that?

Comments

Join the Lizardoid Army!!!

omnipotent on February 27, 2007 at 6:00 PM

georgej on February 27, 2007 at 6:03 PM

No, LGF is NOT anti-Semitic.

Yes to joinging the Lizardoid Army.

My bad….

georgej on February 27, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Actually, LGF is anti-semitic according to lefty logic.

Here’s a post from DU today employing the usual argument –

Clark2008 (1000+ posts) Tue Feb-27-07 03:57 PM
Response to Original message
10. Note on semantics here.
If Jumblatt is Arabic (and it sounds as though he is) then he’s also Semitic.

It’s sad that the term “anti-Semitic” has come to mean “anti-Jewish” because Arabs and some Egyptians and some others throughout the Middle East are also Semitic, but not Jewish.

So by the standards of the Realty-based Community, LGF is anti-semitic, in addition to being pro-Zionist, islamophobic and a right wing hate site.

rw on February 27, 2007 at 6:12 PM

No, of course not.

Yes, I am a proud Lizardoid.

That webpage (and this one, and others) opened my eyes.

Mortis on February 27, 2007 at 6:16 PM

I’m an anti-semetic Jewish Semite

Defector01 on February 27, 2007 at 6:30 PM

The LGF stalker site is also trying to get Hot Air buried at Digg.

forged rite on February 27, 2007 at 6:31 PM

Done, flagged. Hope it helps.

Can’t join LGF tho, reg is closed.

shooter on February 27, 2007 at 7:36 PM

I thought it had died down a bit, but right now there is a ‘bury’ war going on over there at digg.com. Even news articles from respected news sites are being buried, such as editorials from WSJ on opinionjournal.com.

This is a hoot!

rockhauler on February 27, 2007 at 7:38 PM

I am anti-semantic.

James on February 27, 2007 at 7:42 PM

Ant-semantically speaking, anti-semite could mean anything in the mind of a proto-leftist. Thus I re-iterate my anti-semantic stances in favor of the semantics being changed to reflect the neuro-psychotic-leftists desire to change the semantics of any given situation to suit their needs.

Cause semantically speaking, I am full of poop and I got to go hit the pot (metaphorically speaking).

Allegorically I might say otherwise but temporally I don’t have the time.

James on February 27, 2007 at 7:48 PM

Before you so quickly dismiss charges of anti-Semitism, have any of you ever see Charles Johnson have sex with a Jew?

frankj on February 27, 2007 at 8:09 PM

Only dumb people are anti-semantic.

right2bright on February 27, 2007 at 8:18 PM

Done and done. Hope it does some good. I’m healthily skeptical, though. I was looking through the Techorati Top 100, and am intrigued by the mix that I see there. The Huffington Post, Daily Kos, Michelle Malkin, Crooks & Liars, Instapundit, and Hot Air are (in that order) in the top 30. Seems that blog wise, there are powerhouse blogs on each side. Social networking sites? Not so much. Is it a different demographic entirely? Or does the tendency to marginalize viewpoints and news items that you’d rather not deal with come from the popularity-contest/infotainment mentality of the social networkers? Like I said, interesting if nothing else.

Deas on February 27, 2007 at 8:19 PM

Searching the last 7 days over at digg.com, just to see if any of the leftist blogs were getting stories promoted, and discovered that,
dailykos
democraticunderground
huffingtonpost
salon.com
slate.com
thinkprogress
don’t fair so well either. In fact, worse than HotAir, and LGF. So perhaps it is just that diggers don’t care for politics? Looking at what’s popular, one would have to agree, eh?

rockhauler on February 27, 2007 at 9:14 PM

Flagged, hope it helps……..

PinkyBigglesworth on February 27, 2007 at 9:37 PM

I added my flag for Charles at LGFwatch. A lot of these nutroots remind me of an old Calvin and Hobbes comic strip. Last frame Calvin says: “If I can’t win with logic, I go for volume.” Or in the nutroots realm, I will try to bury the post so no one can see it.
I go by the theory, in an argument or debate, as soon as your opponent descends to name calling, I have won. I end at that point because there is no further use to continue.

still468 on February 27, 2007 at 10:24 PM

actually that calvin and hobbes quote can go for most libs in any on air argument. As soon as a point is made against them, they start shouting, and won’t stop.

still468 on February 27, 2007 at 10:25 PM

And it’s sad that some lesbians have become so into the butch thing, like, “misogynistic,” that they’ll only date guys.

smellthecoffee on February 27, 2007 at 11:58 PM

In the Diggbat mindset; people like Rush who speak out against liberals are doing so because they are actually liberals and hate conservatives so they want the liberals to look bad in order to make people hate conservatives. I guess that makes honora a conservative which is proven by all the numerous attacks on Bush and other conservatives honora has made in the past.

And that also means that all the bills and non-binding resolutions being suggested in Congress to bring the troops home is being done by conservatives that actually support Bush in this war and they are trying to make the conservatives look bad so liberals will suffer in the next election, or something like that.

RedinBlueCounty on February 28, 2007 at 11:18 AM

Recent trends may not be telling – I know that some on LGF have engaged in a “bury war” with the regulars at Digg to try to make the point that the digg/bury “system” is broken and allows easy abuse.

Merovign on February 28, 2007 at 5:49 PM