AmSpec: Are you ready … for President Jeb?

posted at 7:49 pm on February 27, 2007 by Allahpundit

Hillyer’s a smart guy so the only possible explanation for this is that he was crashing on deadline and desperate for a topic. Jeb himself is under no illusions about America’s Bush fatigue. The only question is whether that weariness is confined to their family or whether it extends to dynastic presidencies in general.

Meanwhile, frustrated far-left war opponent Gary Kamiya types with one hand the groveling Iraq apology he’s desperate to have Hillary deliver. This is a big issue for Kamiya, the nutroots, and, um, pretty much no one else:

The Post-ABC News poll found that 52 percent of Democrats said her vote was the right thing to do at the time, while 47 percent said it was a mistake. Of those who called it a mistake, however, just 31 percent said she should apologize. Taken together, more than eight in 10 Democrats believe either that her vote was correct at the time or that she should not have to apologize for it now.

I can’t believe I’m writing about this crap in February 2007. It occurred to me Sunday night that Gore could semi-plausibly announce his candidacy at next year’s Oscars. I’m burned out on it … with 20 months to go.

I need a Democratic scandal to get me motivated again. But who’s stupid and corrupt enough to stumble into one?

murtha.jpg

Comments

Every friggin time I see that picture it makes me giggle like a moron.

JackStraw on February 27, 2007 at 7:53 PM

I like the other one from the other day where he’s leaning over a table and it looks like he’s reaching out and bustin’ a cap on somebody. All someone needs to do is to photoshop a Glock in his hand.

see-dubya on February 27, 2007 at 7:57 PM

I need a Democratic scandal to get me motivated again

It won’t be long…..not long at all.

Limerick on February 27, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Imagine if we got a Republican elected who actually was strong on border security, terrorism, militantly pro-life, and Hellbent on cutting government programs to lower taxes even further. BDS^10

Savage on February 27, 2007 at 7:59 PM

I’m willing to say no more Bush’s for a generation if the democrats are willing to go no more Clinton’s for a generation

Defector01 on February 27, 2007 at 8:04 PM

I dunno….a match up between Jenna and Chelsea might be kinda refreshing.

Limerick on February 27, 2007 at 8:06 PM

I’m burned out on it … with 20 months to go

Fatigue – Maybe that’s why Anna Nichole grabbed so many headlines: The media was already on about the 10th straw poll – with only 634 days left until the election.

eeyore on February 27, 2007 at 8:06 PM

Seen the NC local headlines recently? Re: Democrat party scandals?

SouthernGent on February 27, 2007 at 8:07 PM

why does tancredo creep me out when i look at him?

lorien1973 on February 27, 2007 at 8:15 PM

Oh, there are plenty of Dem scandals, they just get swept under the rug.
Hillary not filing for her charities.
Harry’s land deals
Obama’s land deals
Murtha,well,because he’s Murtha.
Pelosi’s migrant workers.
Nifong
Dem’s with big-ass houses telling us to take a bicylce to work
et al ad nauseum.

bbz123 on February 27, 2007 at 8:21 PM

Savage on February 27, 2007 at 7:59 PM

Indeed. That would be pretty cool.

Lawrence on February 27, 2007 at 8:23 PM

That would be awesome, Savage, but I’d be fine if we got a prez that just pointed at the Dems and laughed out loud.

bbz123 on February 27, 2007 at 8:29 PM

I need a Democratic scandal to get me motivated again

It won’t be long…..not long at all.

Limerick on February 27, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Indeed. Not when the modern Democratic Party is a perfect storm of treason, corruption, and hypocrisy.

ReubenJCogburn on February 27, 2007 at 8:32 PM

Many scandals are coming from the Dhems, but I can hear shillery now. It’s all part of the Vast, Right, Wing, Conspiracy.

R D on February 27, 2007 at 8:41 PM

Savage

Only problem is i keep waking up when i imagine that

Defector01 on February 27, 2007 at 8:44 PM

R D on February 27, 2007 at 8:41 PM

I’m so gonna steal your Dhems spelling. Nicely done RD. Madam Hillary’s other problem is the Vast, Left, Wing, Conspiracy.Maybe I should say her “other” other problem.

Mojave Mark on February 27, 2007 at 8:46 PM

it seems to me that if they nominate Hillary, then this should be a constant talking point leading up the election. The bush/clinton/bush/clinton……assuming Jeb doesn’t get in and nominated or they nominate him as VP.

anyway, I think that could be an effective talking point to use against Hillary after they nominate her.

jp on February 27, 2007 at 8:47 PM

Hillyer’s a smart guy…

Read this fast and thought “Hillary, a smart guy? whaaat?” O.k. I’m composed again.

I’m sick of Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton…and sick of all the hype. It’s a year longer than usual and the former usual was way too long already.

On the scandal issue, though…heard on the John and Ken show today – guest was one of the men from the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, the folks who ‘undressed’ papa ‘Climate Change’:

- this gent sat watching the Oscars, befuddled at all that glory
- got the idea to check this out
- called the utility company the next day, got the high/low/average consumption numbers
- the rest was all checked out by the local and other media, as a result of this initial effort
- there are gas lamps leading the driveway to this Gore house
- there’s an all-year heated swimming pool at the compound
- the Gores claim that they work from the house and thus the bill is so high – to which the guest said “they must be running his movie in a continuous loop”
- the ‘credits’ have only been bought in the last 3 months
- the credits and the ‘scheme’ might work some day but can’t be proven today. He compared them to the rich having bought off fighters in the civil war, to go fight for them “I, rich Gore, buy credits for consumption because someone else is poor and can’t/shouldn’t use as many as I am”
- why the need for 3 homes, especially if you work in this one
- why the need for so much energy, if you travel so much to make more money and to promote yourself
- that guy who lives the low-energy-consumption life, on the home channel show s/b the real eco-god (sorry his name escapes me)
- Mr. Gore’s response still doesn’t negate anything – they accepted all the figures, as is. He’s still a big hypocrit
- called Mr. Gore’s “carbon footprint” a carbon canyon

Above is a summation from memory. For exact details, KFM 640 Burbank.

This is cute “Penguin Politics” – some comments are interesting too…

Entelechy on February 27, 2007 at 8:49 PM

You know what we need to fight the creeping sense of burnout?

Photoshop contest.

Slublog on February 27, 2007 at 8:50 PM

Entelechy on February 27, 2007 at 8:49 PM

I agree we’re all sick of these presidential dynasties. I understand Jeb is a great politician but it’s much too soon for another Bush. This country needs some fresh leadership. The kind that doesn’t have the burden of history.

thedecider on February 27, 2007 at 8:57 PM

Couric Fears Goracle Backlash

She might want to reconsider this blog thing of hers.

JammieWearingFool on February 27, 2007 at 8:58 PM

Seen the NC local headlines recently? Re: Democrat party scandals?

SouthernGent on February 27, 2007 at 8:07 PM

I think you and I are in the same area. Yep, Jim Black is a meaty story.

SouthernDem on February 27, 2007 at 8:58 PM

Dave Barry for Prez.

spmat on February 27, 2007 at 9:00 PM

thedecider, fully agree – we’re not and should never become a monarchy. I stand by this on principle, which means for all parties. Very few even understand/realize that we are a republic.

This article is very, very interesting - why so many righties fall for Rudi…

Entelechy on February 27, 2007 at 9:06 PM

why does tancredo creep me out when i look at him?

lorien1973 on February 27, 2007 at 8:15 PM

Same here. I’m not even gonna go there in this thread though, because you aren’t allowed to bash Tancredo on any blogs on our side (well, except mine) without starting a riot. Dude creeps me out every time I see/hear/read him, period.

Am I the only one around here whose heart aches because Jeb won’t run? I still hold out hope that by some miracle, he’ll actually run and win. (What can I say, I’m a hopeless optimist. I still hope for George Allen, too.)

You know what we need to fight the creeping sense of burnout?

Photoshop contest.

Slublog on February 27, 2007 at 8:50 PM

AMEN to that, Slublog! I’m always looking for a way to combat burnout (blogging sucks) and PS contests are just the ticket!

bamapachyderm on February 27, 2007 at 9:17 PM

You’re allowed to here. ALLAH HAS SPOKEN.

Allahpundit on February 27, 2007 at 9:19 PM

I like Jeb. Nerves of steel, Heart of Gold. A good man.

Zorro on February 27, 2007 at 9:19 PM

I agree we’re all sick of these presidential dynasties.

I’m not. :-D Not with the Bush family, anyway. Go ahead, laugh. I know there aren’t many of us left who’d be ecstatic seeing Jeb in the White House. (Although lotsa Floridians would.)

bamapachyderm on February 27, 2007 at 9:20 PM

You’re allowed to here. ALLAH HAS SPOKEN.

Well, I figured it’d be ok with you, Allah. ;-) I’m just not in the mood to fight with everyone else here. I’ve already spent the majority of the day fighting diggtards!

bamapachyderm on February 27, 2007 at 9:22 PM

(But Tancredo is the barking moonbat of the right.)

/running away

bamapachyderm on February 27, 2007 at 9:23 PM

Okay, all this Bush fatigue is an MSM creation, as is all conventional wisdom these days. Let’s try a pretend poll:
If it came down to these two choices for president in 2008:
Which one would you vote for? (Think – as if this was real.)

Jeb Bush (R)
or
Hillary Clinton(D)

I think the Clinton Dems are putting this out because if it came to that, Jeb would wipe Hillary off the map, “fatigue” or no “fatigue.”
It’s politics!

naliaka on February 27, 2007 at 9:34 PM

Look who’s on H&C right now…Michael Steele. Maybe another “knight” for 2008?

bamapachyderm on February 27, 2007 at 9:37 PM

I’d vote for Jeb regardless of who they put on their ticket. Other than Newt & Rudy he’s the best we could put up there. By far.

Griz on February 27, 2007 at 9:41 PM

Twenty years is enough, no more Bushes, no more Clintons. Stop the two family rule.

DoubleU on February 27, 2007 at 9:44 PM

I’d vote for Jeb regardless of who they put on their ticket.

Me too. He IS my first choice, and he’s way over Rudy and Newt, as far as I’m concerned. Rudy’s more liberal than I like (although I won’t hesitate to vote for him), and Newt is…Newt. He’s our Bill Clinton, as far as personal ethics go (although at least he’s not inclined to preside via pollsters). No thanks.

bamapachyderm on February 27, 2007 at 9:52 PM

naliaka on February 27, 2007 at 9:34 PM

Well, yes – it’s politics, but then it’s also a desire to have a candidate on your side who can bring a fresh pair of eyes to the office of POTUS. Another Bush (or another Clinton) will only bring more of the same. The world has evolved – so have politics and political alliances. As great a governor as Jeb was, we deserve someone new.

On a similar topic, Entelechy linked a very interesting article. It’s worth a read:

Entelechy on February 27, 2007 at 9:06 PM

thedecider on February 27, 2007 at 10:04 PM

I’m burned out on it … with 20 months to go.

Yeah, me too, but I know the left won’t let me down.

And as far as you Tancredo hayters…… I wouldn’t count out his presence and value just yet, along with Duncan Hunter.

Those of us that live on/near the Southern Border with Mexico, and have seen the damage done by illegal immigration, along with the change in demographics, effect in our schools, hospitals, infrastructure, social services, taxes, as well as seeing our votes erased by the votes of illegals……..

………… and all the time, our elected officials pander to the illegals and groups like La Raza, makes a very pissed off electorate.

Even if Tancredo and Hunter (did I just wright the new ticket?) don’t win, their messages during the next twenty months will creep into the sound bites………. SECURE THE DARN BORDER!

In my opinion, the canidate who promises this, regardless of the name calling, will win………… (is that Newt I see in the background?)

PinkyBigglesworth on February 27, 2007 at 10:04 PM

But the Easter Bunny doesn’t exist!

Oh. Wrong thread.

Or is it?

The Monster on February 27, 2007 at 10:20 PM

Entelechy on February 27, 2007 at 8:49 PM

I remember seeing Gore at the podium after the Oscars saying “Hollywood and Oscar Night provide a great platform to get the message out to the people about global warming”

And while Vice President for eight years he didn’t have a platform? Oh, that’s right, BJ sucked up all the oxygen in the room Oval Office White House Washington DC country.

fogw on February 27, 2007 at 10:25 PM

bamapachyderm on February 27, 2007 at 9:20 PM

I know you addressed this to thedecider – I wish to assure you that I agree with you bamapachyderm on the liking of Jeb Bush, his leadership, communication skills, his character, convictions et all. I find him way more attractive as a candidate than the current president. It just so happens that it’s not the right time and he knows this and will not run. Maybe in a few cycles…and still, I’d hate to have this wonderous country run by the: Kennedys, Bushes and Clintons, almost exclusively. Our founding fathers (gosh, how I love to be able to say that, even not being born here – it’s that ‘our’ which makes me silly crazy with joy) would not approve.

As a consequence we must all focus on who will defeat the other side.

naliaka, in the abstract, of course I’d vote for Jeb Bush if he’d be the one opposite of Mrs. Clinton. This Mr. Bush wasn’t my first choice either, in 2000. Yet, I didn’t vote for Mr. Exciting-Gore. In 2004 there was no opposition and I gladly chose him versus Mr. Narcissist.

No regrets, even though I’m in physical and emotional pain every time he tries to express something substantive and have had numerous differences with him over the years, not all from the far right either (Libertarian voice speaking).

Entelechy on February 27, 2007 at 10:33 PM

Pinky, I’m not gonna even touch the Tancredo discussion, but Duncan Hunter? Hey, I think he’s great too. But I’ll bet you $100 right now that he won’t even get close to the ticket. It’s not gonna happen, not in ’08–regardless of how strong he is on the issues. Even Newt’s got a better shot, and he’s still playing coy about it all (as he and EVERYONE ELSE should be at this early stage). I still think Newt’s got about a 2% chance of winning a general election, though–and 2% is being generous.

There’s gonna have to be a LOT of conservatives in ’08 sucking it up and voting for Rudy. Might as well start finding the things you like about him, if you haven’t already.

(For the record, I’m every bit as conservative as anyone else here is, but I’ll take Rudy any day over ANY Democrat, Lieberman included.)

bamapachyderm on February 27, 2007 at 10:35 PM

thedecider on February 27, 2007 at 10:04 PM

In politics, it usually comes down to two choices you many not have wanted to even start in the first place. The bottom line is: if that’s what you had, would you vote for Hillary over Jeb?
If it’s like that, Hillary can’t beat Jeb, that’s a fact. He’s the only Repub apart from Giuliani who has executive experience, and that at the state level – and at a tough state level, to boot. The fatigue thing is media fog. That is not the reason to dismiss anyone from the running. This dynasty hand-wringing talk is rich from the Dems who’ve been busy trying for decades to build one one with the Kennedys, but keep getting stymied by Kennedy family fatal flaws. The Bush family has never worked on a dynasty concept. They probably think it’s absurd. But Democrats – they live and breathe the fantasy – they are the ones who pant after royalty. Dynasty – let’s yell instead at the Clintons – husband – wife presidencies? Third World politics in action.

naliaka on February 27, 2007 at 10:43 PM

Entelechy, I agree with you about his not running; I can’t imagine Jeb would run this time, if ever (although it’s fun to talk about it, especially knowing how it makes moonbat heads explode).

BTW, who was your first choice in 2000?
Mine was Bush, but I’m a huge fan of the Bush family in general, and very strongly relate to W’s management style. He’s exactly what I always said a President should be like, and still is. Call it blasphemy, but I still like him even better than Reagan, despite his being somewhat less than a “great communicator.” ;-)

I can hardly remember who ran in 2000 other than McCain and Elizabeth Dole!

bamapachyderm on February 27, 2007 at 10:44 PM

They probably think it’s absurd.

After all I’ve read about them, that’s probably exactly the truth. I think even more so, they’re embarrassed by the idea. Hell, just look at how embarrassed GHWB was having to “sell” himself on the campaign trail (unfortunately). They’re not uppity people at all. UNLIKE the Clintoons and Chappaq–er, Kennedys.

bamapachyderm on February 27, 2007 at 10:48 PM

bamapachyderm on February 27, 2007 at 10:35 PM

I plead ignorance – I try to read about as many bloggers who link here as I can but I haven’t checked out your site enough – though, been always curious about your handle – please explain, only if you feel like it :)

Thanks for your statement above. Call me totally crazy but I sense that our man in 2008 will be Rudi Giuliani, AP’s Italian kin :) – just one reason to support him. See my link from 9:06 – it’s really encouraging for the righties who are in doubt about him.

In 2000, not knowing what I know about him today, I supported Mr. McCain. I think that his time was then and now is no longer, not only because of some of his votes and current convictions, but also because he appears tired and not so much into it any more. One really, really has to have his/her All into it. Also, he’s lost a great deal of moxie, is no longer the media darling (now Obama – they can only handle one at a time :) and I just don’t see him making it.

Nice chatting with you. Regards,

Entelechy on February 27, 2007 at 10:57 PM

That does not look like the original picture I saw several years ago. Am I right? Jeb looks too goofy (he was just funny) and the President doesn’t look right either.

jatfla on February 27, 2007 at 10:58 PM

naliaka on February 27, 2007 at 10:43 PM

Sure I get your point and I wouldn’t vote for Hillary if she were running against Ronald McDonald – just on principal alone. However, I agree with Entelechy’s point that this country was not meant to be ran by strings of families whether you want to call them dynasties or whatever. Jeb is a fine man; has been a great governor. I still don’t want to see him running in ’08. I also support term limits and believe the founding fathers understood the concept as well. I want someone with a different last name. It’s another principal of mine.

thedecider on February 27, 2007 at 11:02 PM

s/b Rudy, of course, not Rudi.

fogw, how are you? To be sure, I read you all the time and smile a lot. Thanks for all and best always.

Thanks AP for that Murtha picture. In the HA repertoire there are a few which still throw me off the chair, every time: that Hillary/laurel one, this Murtha/wrong finger one, the Castro/leadership utensil one, oh well, there are more than I thought :) All great!

see-dubya is right – more fauxtography too – some of you here are experts. Show/entertain us.

Entelechy on February 27, 2007 at 11:08 PM

Why the hell would Jeb want to be President? Think of the money he is going to make with ‘Growing Up With George’.

Limerick on February 27, 2007 at 11:30 PM

Am I the only one around here whose heart aches because Jeb won’t run?

Bush fatigue man (yes, I voted for him). We have Clinton fatigue too. We need some new faces on the left to ridicule. On the right we need an old face.

Newt ’08

Mojave Mark on February 27, 2007 at 11:36 PM

Mojave Mark on February 27, 2007 at 8:46 PM

My pleasure. I think you’re right about the VLWC thing too. She’s screwed. Nowhere to look for an excuse now. Who will she blame next?

R D on February 27, 2007 at 11:38 PM

It is simple…..Tammy Wynette: D-I-V-O-R-C-E. It will be her marching music down Pennsylvania Ave. The lefties will have a group grope over it.

Limerick on February 27, 2007 at 11:41 PM

Yep Limerick, she can only blame bill now, but I doubt Tammy will let her use any of her music though. (stand by your man comment)

R D on February 27, 2007 at 11:46 PM

So odds are what on:

Ending up with Ellen DeGeneres or Brittany Spears?

(geeez I hate when I drink Monopolovwa vodka instead of beer)

Limerick on February 27, 2007 at 11:56 PM

Limerick on February 27, 2007 at 11:56 PM

Find a good wine. I tend to keep my mental stamina longer – unless I’m just pissed by some liberal troll. As to your odds – I’d bet on Brit. She’s back in rehab you know? Renting out an entire wing – privacy reasons *cough*

thedecider on February 28, 2007 at 12:00 AM

Yeah like ‘privacy’ is a concern!…ROTF….

Gotta run….South Park reruns…..
Ya’ll enjoy your evening now.

Limerick on February 28, 2007 at 12:02 AM

Pinky, I’m not gonna even touch the Tancredo discussion, but Duncan Hunter? Hey, I think he’s great too. But I’ll bet you $100 right now that he won’t even get close to the ticket. It’s not gonna happen, not in ‘08–regardless of how strong he is on the issues. Even Newt’s got a better shot, and he’s still playing coy about it all (as he and EVERYONE ELSE should be at this early stage). I still think Newt’s got about a 2% chance of winning a general election, though–and 2% is being generous.

There’s gonna have to be a LOT of conservatives in ‘08 sucking it up and voting for Rudy. Might as well start finding the things you like about him, if you haven’t already.

bamapachyderm on February 27, 2007 at 10:35 PM

Agreed, but, bamapachyderm, with respect, Mr. Hunter was untill recently, the Chairman of the House Appropriations Commitee……. (if I am not mistaken) with a lot of “friends”.

He has my support, he may not win, BUT, his “message” will be heard. And he may be back in the majority in the next election, or the “threat of”. It’ all “politics”, remember?

You want to counter the extreme “left”, how about pissed off “Americans”? Not the “pandered La Raza…… another free lunch, service, check……. and you send you money “home” (a.k.a. Mexico)….. WE ARE PISSED!

As I stated, 20 months to go…….. keep your powder dry…

Bet on, that he has in impact, that “Secure the Borders” will be a main point in the election, and who is going to do it sooner than the next “Pant Suit”, not win the ticket, that’s the bet, ……….. still want to give it a go?

I made a killing with my “Vomit Buckets” after ALGORE won the Oscar for his propoganda, and if you think like I do, “A fool and his money are easily departed”, take the next move…… this should be fun. Again, with all respect and humor. Maybe we can invite others to join in the fun……. heck, we only have 20 months to go.

Instead of money, maybe we should have to provide 100 fauxphotography images, using photoshop, of course….

Let me know…….

I enjoy your entries…..

Again, with Respect,

PinkyBigglesworth on February 28, 2007 at 1:20 AM

Nope, I’m suffering from Bush fatigue. Even if Jeb is the best of the entire clan, I wouldn’t vote for him in 2008. Maybe 2012 if I’m still around that long, but definitely not now.

I’d really like to find someone at least as good on the war on terror as 43, but one that want’s to do some major work on stopping ILLEGAL immigration as well. (I don’t think Jeb is the guy for that). Oh, and cut domestic spending and the government bureaucracy that is growing exponentialy.

Hunter is the only one running I really like right now. Tancredo a close second.

LegendHasIt on February 28, 2007 at 1:35 AM

I doubt Tammy will let her use any of her music though.

RD, Tammy died in 1998. Her estate might let her use that song after all. If they know what’s good for them.

see-dubya on February 28, 2007 at 1:42 AM

Newt ‘08

Mojave Mark on February 27, 2007 at 11:36 PM

Does anyone really think Newt Gingrich is a viable candidate?

Kralizec on February 28, 2007 at 8:08 AM

What was that story about the two brothers–the evil one becomes king, the good one is imprisoned–Man in the Iron Mask? That doesn’t sound right…

I would vote for Jeb Bush, really liked him as a governor when I lived in Florida. Of all sad words of tongue and pen….

honora on February 28, 2007 at 10:40 AM

The only Bushes I want to see from now on will be in front of the White House!!

Mellen on February 28, 2007 at 9:07 PM