Video: “Business Meeting”

posted at 12:03 pm on February 26, 2007 by Allahpundit

Ever feel like you’re reading the same stories you were reading a year ago? Dirty little secret: It’s even less fun writing about those than it is reading them.

Kindly accept this viral video from SNL instead. As bad as the show is now, the digital shorts are consistently pretty good (and occasionally great). Maybe it’s time for them to drop the “Live” part and play to their strengths.

Update: All right, maybe there’s something to be said for the live stuff.

Comments

Eh. Liked the sloth one better; this was too random. Haven’t watched SNL in a while so I really don’t what their average sketch quality is like (other than it apparently it’s not good enough to make me tivo SNL).

frankj on February 26, 2007 at 12:16 PM

Heh.

I never did understand the obsession with the whole “live” thing… the only benefit you really get from it is that every once in a while someone will blow their lines badly enough to transform a crappy sketch into something unintentionally funny.

Watcher on February 26, 2007 at 12:20 PM

Hmm. That one kinda sucked. If that is the best they can do, they should redeploy their writers and actors to other shows. Obviously they have lost, they should just accept it and move on instead of wasting money on a failed policy of attempted humor-making.

Neo on February 26, 2007 at 12:23 PM

That was odd, but I do enjoy Rainn Wilson.

Slublog on February 26, 2007 at 12:37 PM

I concur with the Neo opinion because the resources wasted with the attempted humor-making have an adverse effect on the econonmy.

Troy Rasmussen on February 26, 2007 at 12:39 PM

SNL has become a… (can I say it?) quagmire?

bofh on February 26, 2007 at 12:43 PM

The whole idea came from Second City, it is a farm system with a deadline, whoever can crank out a sketch that makes the cut gets to get on the air on Sat night.So the output has always been eneven by virtue of that very reason, just to play devil’s advocate, have you ever seen any of the “failed” sketches from the early years? No? That is because they get buried , the ‘Best of” collections make it look like they were always genius. I remember some real groaners from the likes of Buck Henry and even Belushi.
Plus, except for the journeymen like Darrel Hammond, anyone that has any talent usually hits the bricks pretty quickly.

bbz123 on February 26, 2007 at 12:48 PM

The first one wasn’t too bad. Didn’t make it through the second. This is why I don’t bother with SNL.

csdeven on February 26, 2007 at 12:50 PM

+10 for the Arcade Fire cameo.

RMSpuhler on February 26, 2007 at 1:38 PM

I wonder if Anna Nicole Smith will still be in the news this time next year.

Savage on February 26, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Re: The “live skit”: I want that 3 min 10 seconds of my life back….

georgej on February 26, 2007 at 3:20 PM