Quote of the day

posted at 11:20 pm on February 26, 2007 by Allahpundit

“The movie was so well crafted and emotion manipulating that I felt myself thinking poorly of some aspects of Islam.”

More (Bryan): Related:

BANGKOK, Thailand — The defense minister warned Thursday that Muslim insurgents in southern Thailand could extend their attacks to Bangkok after the rebels demonstrated their strength this week with a string of high-profile attacks.

Gen. Boonrawd Somtat, who said the insurgents include 1,000 armed fighters and 10,000 second-line hard-core sympathizers, said the rebels were infiltrating universities in the capital, which could be used as launching pads for assaults.

Acknowledging a security failure, he said the government’s “control measures are not working 100 percent perfectly.”

“We will have to tighten security,” he told reporters.

The Special Branch police division said earlier it was closely monitoring southern Muslim student groups in Bangkok.

The separatist insurgency, which has led to about 2,000 deaths in the past three years, has been largely confined to Muslim-dominated provinces in southernmost Thailand bordering Malaysia.

Recent attacks include 29 coordinated bombings and 20 other arson and shooting attacks Sunday; a fire set to a large rubber warehouse Wednesday; and an ambush of the motorcade of a confidante of the Thai queen, also on Wednesday.

I blame Bush. Just because.

Comments

How horrible.

Just horrible.

The Ugly American on February 26, 2007 at 11:24 PM

Islam has bad aspects? Dear God! I thought only Jooos had an evil religion

Defector01 on February 26, 2007 at 11:26 PM

At the end of the review there is a rabbi still looking to foster dialogue and understanding.
When you have a group that says ” We do not fight for you to give us things, We fight to kill you” where exactly do you go for that happy medium of compromise?

bbz123 on February 26, 2007 at 11:29 PM

How dare they attack the religion of peace! Don’t they know how peaceful muslims are? I’m appalled.

On a non-sarcastic note, it’s incredible how they consider this film “incendiary”. And exactly why is it incendiary? Is it as incendiary as, say,…the World Trade Center towers on 9/11? The Khobar towers? The attack on the USS Cole? Are any of these things INCENDIARY?

The number of complete idiots in the world will never cease to confound me.

thedecider on February 26, 2007 at 11:36 PM

I’m still in shock.

I mean……just horrible.

The Ugly American on February 26, 2007 at 11:46 PM

Wow. And that was a Muslim who said that. What an interesting quote.

Thanks for that AP.

nailinmyeye on February 26, 2007 at 11:48 PM

I notice that NYT article mentions a fmailiar incident:

At San Francisco State University, for example, College Republicans stomped on copies of the Hamas and Hezbollah flags last October at an “antiterrorism” rally.

That’s a rather condensed version of events.

see-dubya on February 26, 2007 at 11:51 PM

I blame the Jews.

spmat on February 26, 2007 at 11:54 PM

I am so f*ing pissed off at the hypocrisy of the liberal run hate camps. ‘Its ok to piss off anyone who has any sense of decency, just don’t piss off the muslim’s, the gays, the nutroots, etc.’
What are wrong with these people? Serious mental issues. Creating their own reality in order to not deal with reality.
HA!
Saw some great examples of that disorder last night….OOohhhhh, Goreacle!

lsutiger on February 26, 2007 at 11:59 PM

Also from the NYT:

“The question about radical Islam and how do we fight it is unproductive,” said Yehuda Sarna, the New York University rabbi on the panel. “The question is how to break down the stereotypes facing the two religions.”

Well, Rabbi, that’s the difference between the left and right in a nutshell, isn’t it? I find the first question much more productive.

see-dubya on February 27, 2007 at 12:01 AM

*faints*

Now that’s the quote of the decade…

Y’all are right…blame Bush, and the Jews…quick, before the “Religion of Peace” gets any more tarnishon their image…

JetBoy on February 27, 2007 at 12:02 AM

OT: Mary Katharine Ham is in a news babe contest: Vlog Hot: Newsbabes Heat 1 and Allah doesn’t link it.

Bad, Allah.

Get over there and vote. MKH is in second place to Amanda Congdon by only seven votes. The Hot Air crowd could bring this home for her.

mesablue on February 27, 2007 at 12:03 AM

mesablue on February 27, 2007 at 12:03 AM

It’s a dead heat now.

CyberCipher on February 27, 2007 at 12:24 AM

Its critics call it incendiary. Norah Sarsour, a Palestinian-American student at U.C.L.A., said it was disheartening to see “a film like this that takes the people who have hijacked the religion and focuses on them.”

What a strange comment. If the subjects of the film are merely hijackers of a religion, as she claims, then she should want the film to focus on them specifically rather than Muslims in general.

I guess she doesn’t like it that someone went and focused on terrorists.

Perchant on February 27, 2007 at 12:25 AM

Truth sucks.

Since 9/11….5 years, 5 months +, and it is the same old flim flam…..How many more times is someone going to tell me it is the religion of peace? How many more times is someone going to tell me it is a small fringe group causing all the trouble? How many more years and months is it going to take for this supposedly VAST MAJORITY of moderate peace loving Muslim people to take down this ‘fringe’ and destroy it.

If I have a dog that kills the chickens no matter how much I try to teach him not to THEN I HAVE A DOG BELT.

I don’t buy any of these ‘moderate’ Muslim arguments.

Amazing how the universities, where ‘ideas’ are supposed to flourish, run and hide in the closet and pretend the boogy man isn’t outside the door.

More beer please.

Limerick on February 27, 2007 at 12:30 AM

mesablue on February 27, 2007 at 12:03 AM

As of my vote, she’s now in the lead. Let’s keep her there!

thedecider on February 27, 2007 at 12:35 AM

I suppose the Saudi Highway Apartheid sign at LGF is another example of how the religion of peace was hijacked.

infidel4life on February 27, 2007 at 12:39 AM

Limerick on February 27, 2007 at 12:30 AM

Sadly, Limerick, they are no longer schools of thought. They are now institutions of liberal group think. We have somehow managed to raise a generation of young people who cannot think outside the box – or, for themselves. They have little chance of developing a better America due to their ignorance of a history which – for the most part – is no longer taught. They have no respect for the tremendous cost that brought them the freedoms they take for granted. What kind of Earth (or America) will their children inherit?

thedecider on February 27, 2007 at 12:41 AM

Other hosts’ additions to Allahpundit’s posts are coming often to seem intrusive. The posts have a style and point of their own and seem to deserve to stand on their own.

Setting Thailand aside and returning to Islam’s war with America, I’ll mention that I’ve already commented on the American conduct of that war in the thread linked below.

Kralizec

Kralizec on February 27, 2007 at 12:48 AM

We need to sit down with them and talk – need to understand what this is all about, and see what we can do to fix the problem. There is no need for us to continue the violence – we are above that. Israel is not as innocent as they are portrayed.

SARCASM

Rick on February 27, 2007 at 1:02 AM

MKH now with a comfortable lead…

mikeyboss on February 27, 2007 at 1:16 AM

I posted the link at Ace’s and he front paged it. I didn’t even link whore this time — so no huge stats for me ;-)

Now, if only Allah will step up. I thought he had a big crush on MKH. Maybe, not so much anymore.

mesablue on February 27, 2007 at 1:22 AM

mesablue on February 27, 2007 at 1:22 AM

Haven’t you noticed? AP has been talking to KP again.

Rick on February 27, 2007 at 1:25 AM

Adam Osman…..where have you been living for the past 5 years or so? Under a rock?! Just goes to show that going to college does not guarantee you’ll get educated.

csdeven on February 27, 2007 at 6:03 AM

“How can something so anti-Christian have an ugly side?” wonders the NYT.

cmay on February 27, 2007 at 6:40 AM

Kralizec on February 27, 2007 at 12:48 AM

I read your link and everyone can color me blind, but from history’s perspective, you’re right. That isn’t the view when fighting a war. When fighting a war we should be doing whatever is needed to WIN the frapping war!!

BTW, we killed more Japanese in incendiary bombings in one night than we did from either atomic bomb.

We could never get away with dropping the “bomb” now, but if we did, the psychological effect would be devestating and I’d dare say we’d put em on their knees.

csdeven on February 27, 2007 at 6:55 AM

So clueless he might shortly end up headless.

The Ritz on February 27, 2007 at 7:14 AM

Another moronic rabbi:

Rabbi Chaim Seidler-Feller, director of U.C.L.A. Hillel, called the documentary propaganda and said it was “a way to transfer the Middle East conflict to the campus, to promote hostility.”

The conflict is already here, in case you hadn’t noticed.

By the way, I agree with Limerick. (“Truth sucks.”) Simple eloquence.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on February 27, 2007 at 7:45 AM

csdeven, My belief is that if we do get pushed to unleash on the ME, we will also have to simultaneously be prepared to take on the ammo dumps/mosques that are in practically every American city. The enemy is here and just waiting for their opening.

bbz123 on February 27, 2007 at 7:54 AM

Coming soon to a city near you….

roninacreage on February 27, 2007 at 8:30 AM

I blame the continued consumption of pork.

/sarcasm mode off

Well, with these people’s heads collectively buried in the sand I suggest they drop trou so that the they can save the islamofacists a little time before they get “it.”

TwinkietheKid on February 27, 2007 at 8:32 AM

i go to one of the schools mentioned in that article (SUNY S. Brook). I wanted to strangle someone when I found out the MSA (muslim student association), a pressure group on campus pressured the Jewish group to cancel the showcase. really freaking enraging. the freaking muslims here on campus want to have it both ways. Israel, oh Israel!!! you murderous pigs!!! you hurt the palestinians

then someone tries to expose radical islam for what it is, and the muslims on my campus paint it a hate movie, even though in the first minutes of the movie the director explicitly says not all muslims are terrorists, blah blah.

f em

blatantblue on February 27, 2007 at 8:58 AM

Also from the NYT:

see-dubya on February 27, 2007 at 12:01 AM

To which I’ll add only that the more folks like the Rabbi try to “break down the stereotypes facing the two religions,” the more the extremists from the “religion of peace” and their supporters build ‘em right back up again. He’ll never have to worry about being out of work.

SpartRan on February 27, 2007 at 9:49 AM

These rabbis need to grow a moral compass.

PRCalDude on February 27, 2007 at 12:41 PM

When I was at UCLA, I saw plenty of the ‘middle east conflict’, even before this movie. He needs to open his eyes, before his head is on the chopping block.

PRCalDude on February 27, 2007 at 12:42 PM

Also from the NYT:

see-dubya on February 27, 2007 at 12:01 AM

Late to the dance again……….. I wonder how “unproductive” it is when your child is blown to bits and is sprayed all over you by an Islamic Homicide Bomber wanting to serve Allah?

PinkyBigglesworth on February 27, 2007 at 1:31 PM