Audio flashback: Giuliani rants about ferrets; Update: Rudy the Reaganite?

posted at 4:47 pm on February 26, 2007 by Allahpundit

The link to this was buried in some lefty lament that got picked up on Free Republic this weekend. You’ve got to jump through hoops to find it, but it’s worth the trouble. You’re going here, scrolling down to “Urban Nature” (Episode 146), clicking on the speaker symbol, then fast-forwarding to 22:00. A Google search reveals that some of the brighter lights in the important-action-alert community have written some pretty vicious rants on the subject, so look out for Ferretgate to bust wide open.

He’ll be at CPAC this weekend. Will Mike Stark show up and shove his way past security to confront America’s mayor on this key issue? If not him, who?

The new Gallup poll is out and, man, is Giuliani looking good just 90 short weeks before Election Day. But watch the trend:

gallup11.png

It’s easy to guess what’s happening. Imagine what it’ll look like when they find out about the ferrets.

Also interesting:

gallup4.png

Can it really be that Republicans despise the Goracle more than Hillary? (N.B.: They each have a net favorability rating of +10 among independents.) No wonder he’s telling his friends he’s not running. And how can Obama still lag that far behind Hillary among Democrats in net favorability? The numbers for her are +87/-10/3 and for him +62/-14/24. Obviously he’s going to close the gap, but how can he have a higher unfavorability rating on the left than the Glacier does, especially given her Catch-22 on the Iraq vote?

Exit question: Er, who’s Condi going to endorse?

Update: Giuliani was at the Hoover Institution today slathering on praise for the Gipper. But his remarks about foreign policy were the most interesting:

Meanwhile, in the Q&A session, Giuliani was first asked about his foreign policy experience, to which he quipped to laughter: “What makes you think that the mayor of New York City doesn’t need a foreign policy?” Admitting that the presidency is “primarily a foreign policy role,” Giuliani called foreign policy “an area of great interest to me,” and one that he has developed through 91 or 92 trips abroad, as well as through international work with his firm. Giuliani: “It’s something I know as well as anyone who’s running. … I know the world.”

When speaking about the war on terror — or rather, as he has renamed it, “the war of the terrorists against us” — Giuliani argued that we should be comparing the war not to America’s struggle in World War II, but to the Cold War. In the Q&A session, Giuliani also took the opportunity to condemn the congressional non-binding resolutions as “a way to be safe. It was a way to not make a tough choice.”

Comments

WTF

CharlestonCritic on February 26, 2007 at 5:03 PM

So I’m not sure why I, a Giuliani supporter, should care about Weaselgate.

We he lose the cruicial ferret lovers voting block?

Vincenzo on February 26, 2007 at 5:10 PM

Hmmm…both anti-gun and anti-ferret? I don’t know if I can get behind Rudy for President.

flipflop on February 26, 2007 at 5:10 PM

Ferretgate ought to win him about 100,000 votes. His producer probably still has the scar from where Rudys mike hit him.

Glad to see Newt is speaking at CPAC. Hope he runs. He at least will force the issues back to the right if he does. That couldn’t hurt. As for Gore….I don’t think he is electable but I would sure like him to run. It would really throw the Dems into cat fight.

Limerick on February 26, 2007 at 5:12 PM

Rudy needs to get back to what he was doing on dec 8-10 2006.

That poll pobably has a +- 3% margin of error, so that puts Clinton and Gore almost dead even in republican gag-reflex.

csdeven on February 26, 2007 at 5:15 PM

As for Gore….I don’t think he is electable but I would sure like him to run.

Oh, you ain’t kidding. I think if he runs, he gets the nomination then gets pummeled in November.

flipflop on February 26, 2007 at 5:19 PM

Rudy needs to get back to what he was doing on dec 8-10 2006.

That Clinton/Gore poll graph probably has a +- 3% margin of error, so that puts Clinton and Gore almost dead even in republican gag-reflex.

I agree with Rudy about Ferrets. They stink. BAD!

csdeven on February 26, 2007 at 5:21 PM

Meh… a President won’t have the power to micromanage people’s personal lives like the mayor of NYC does.

Is anyone else getting the feeling that Rudy had been confronted by this guy more times than the clip might indicate? If the guy stalked him, essentially, then it puts the clip in a different light.

DaveS on February 26, 2007 at 5:23 PM

So I’m not sure why I, a Giuliani supporter, should care about Weaselgate.

We he lose the cruicial ferret lovers voting block?

Vincenzo on February 26, 2007 at 5:10 PM

Ferrets do not belong in cities. Period. They need to live in….well, wherever the hell it is they live. Revolting things altogether.

honora on February 26, 2007 at 5:29 PM

Rudy’s favorable rating is stable. His unfavorable rating is going up, but no more than McCain, or Obama. The undecided are making a decision. Rudy is still looking good.

Theworldisnotenough on February 26, 2007 at 5:29 PM

honora on February 26, 2007 at 5:29 PM

honora and I agree! My friend had two ferrets and not only were they stinky and gross (pooping in corners, etc.) they would also actively pursue any visible toes for biting.

NTWR on February 26, 2007 at 5:43 PM

Exit question: Er, who’s Condi going to endorse?

She likes Obama? Why not? What do we know about her that makes us think she’s all that conservative? Didn’t she say she’s “moderately pro-choice?” All we know about her is that she is close with Bush, and he obviously has no particular allegiance to conservatism.

Also, am I reading that right–Obama has a net 10 among Republicans? Jeeez.

Alex K on February 26, 2007 at 5:46 PM

Oh my. I was going to vote for Rudy, but now seeing his stance on ferrets, the war on terror and all that, doesn’t matter anymore.

/sarcasm

amerpundit on February 26, 2007 at 6:53 PM

Cold War? Huh? No angle there. It is not as if commenters have been talking about a coming Cold War…

Theworldisnotenough on February 26, 2007 at 7:18 PM

Amen.

Sweet mother of Buddha, I hate ferrets. Rudy has just won my unconditional loyalty.

Slublog on February 26, 2007 at 8:39 PM

I love this. Go get em Rudy! Take down the ferret fondlers!

alflauren on February 26, 2007 at 8:42 PM

alflauren on February 26, 2007 at 8:42 PM

…but spare the monkey spankers.

Kid from Brooklyn on February 26, 2007 at 8:50 PM

…but spare the monkey spankers.

How do we feel about cat spankers?

B Moe on February 26, 2007 at 10:00 PM

Content warning: Contains lascivious cat spanking.

En fuego.

B Moe, you really didn’t just post that link…… my cats are looking at me now.

PinkyBigglesworth on February 26, 2007 at 10:13 PM

AP,

On a scale of 1 to 10 this post is a 2. I don’t come here to have to search for obscure links. We expect you to do that. And what’s with the graph that look like it came off a Mac circa 1989.

Come on!

Bill C on February 26, 2007 at 11:17 PM

“the war of the terrorists against us”. It’s about dang time someone put it in perspective.

I would put it more succinctly…

“The terrorists war on democracy”.

csdeven on February 27, 2007 at 7:16 AM

What a preview of how great Presidential Press Conferences could be. Just substitute David the Ferrett guy for David Gregory.

Dudley Smith on February 27, 2007 at 11:13 AM

So ferrets stink, and Rudy can’t call a jihadist a jihadist?
It’s the most important issue we face, and we better find a caddidate with the spine to call a spade a spade.

paulsur on February 27, 2007 at 12:33 PM

In all honesty, if I was a ferret, I would not vote for Rudy.

bloggless on March 22, 2007 at 11:52 AM

Quicker link to the ferret thang. (click on full episode, go to 22:00)

I’d missed that before. Now I wanna hear him talk to a Truther…

MamaAJ on May 1, 2007 at 1:21 PM