Video: Ayaan Hirsi Ali schools Darrell Issa on dhimmitude

posted at 1:04 pm on February 25, 2007 by Allahpundit

What she says about targeting Saudi Arabia is silly, mainly because the west collectively lacks the bravery and commitment she has personally in such abundance. The Saudis have us over a, er, barrel, not only with the oil weapon, not only with the religious demagoguery that would be unleashed if the “land of the two holy mosques” was threatened, but with the fact that whatever regime would succeed the royals would almost certainly be worse than they are. (Which, incidentally, is also the problem in Pakistan and pretty much everywhere else except Iran.) She’s willing to bear any burden to fight this fight. Most of the rest of the world isn’t. So we’re stuck trying to play dominoes with Afghanistan and Iraq.

Her response to Issa is pure gold, though. Rarely will see you a career politician handled this deftly. And give Maher this much credit: there aren’t many shows on American television that would be comfortable letting Hirsi Ali riff.

Comments

I grudgingly give Maher credit, even with his idoicy regarding Christianity. Ali is a true shining light of reason and truth. All three men were obviously mesmerized by her. Each and every time I hear her speak, so am I. It will be people like her, intelligent, calm, and reasoned, who might actually break through to those who have not listened in the past. I pray for her every day. She is in danger.

Glynn on February 25, 2007 at 1:23 PM

I watched this when it broad casted and I thought she put the verbal B-slap on that guy. Brilliant!

x95b10 on February 25, 2007 at 1:23 PM

Judi Dench is a Persian shoe!

csdeven on February 25, 2007 at 1:29 PM

Wow! Maher damn near charmed the executive skirt off Hirsi Ali. Damn near charmed my skirt off, too. He’s a pretty funny guy when I agree with him. Huh. This must be what a liberal feels like when they watch… eh… pretty much anything.

Savage on February 25, 2007 at 1:33 PM

I have read the Old Testament and Maher is giving an accurate description. And, I am no Maher fan.

JayHaw Phrenzie on February 25, 2007 at 1:54 PM

You know, with her speaking skills, and her views, she could have a future as a member of Congress in the not too distant future.

President? No. That whole native born citizen thing.

Senator? Sure.

V.P.? Intrigueing…

EFG on February 25, 2007 at 1:55 PM

I can’t stand Maher, but it was worth watching the clip first for Ayan Hirsi Ali, then for the al-Jazeera rip-off at the end. Hilarious!

flipflop on February 25, 2007 at 2:09 PM

JayHaw Phrenzie on February 25, 2007 at 1:54 PM

He wasn’t just addressing that and the fact that he holds it all is just disdain was my point. It’s just a big mythical book to him.

Glynn on February 25, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Bill Maher should NEVER talk about religion. He is clueless. “Far be it from me to paint people with a broad brush”

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You paint AMERICANS with a broad brush, and forget about any Christians.

For me to even WATCH this clip shows I respect HER and want to hear HER more than I dislike and revile Maher. And my loathing for him is pretty deep.

CrimsonFisted on February 25, 2007 at 2:11 PM

I used to watch Maher’s old show Policitically Incorrect a lot, and the guy is pretty funny. I hate that he’s become such an angry leftist, or maybe more accurately, that he now seems to focus all of his efforts on getting “clappy” moments from a lefty audience. It’s nice to see he does seem to recognize the menace that islamofacists pose, because that’s an important starting place. The “Al-Jazeera Ebert and Roepert” bit was hilarious at the end.

And good God, how clueless can that Issa guy be? Did he actually say there’s no evidence of radical Islam in the Palestinian Territories?

Dudley Smith on February 25, 2007 at 2:14 PM

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You paint AMERICANS with a broad brush, and forget about any Christians.

CrimsonFisted on February 25, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Exactly.

Glynn on February 25, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Finally – someone who’s not afraid to tell it like it is, or call it what it is. Ayaan Hirsi Ali’s message is exactly what one helluva lot of misguided people across several nations (including but not at all limited to the U.S.) need to listen to and think about. If she were running, Ayaan Hirsi Ali would get my vote in a second – and that’s regardless whomever her opponent might be.

SpartRan on February 25, 2007 at 2:21 PM

That is the first time in years that I’ve heard Maher not say George Bush is sort of “Patient 0″ in the plagues of the world – that was surprising.

It also seems that Issa attended the same briefing on religious differences that “I-don’t-need-to-know-anything-about-Iran” Murtha and “I…er…uh…maybe” Reyes went to.

eeyore on February 25, 2007 at 2:27 PM

And that “broad brush” comment? Maher does sometimes ironicalize.

eeyore on February 25, 2007 at 2:29 PM

I’m no Maher fan either, but that was pretty good.
I liked the voice-over bit at the end too.

“Goobers, it looks like a goat turd, but isn’t

Iblis on February 25, 2007 at 2:30 PM

Bill Maher deserves a lot of credit for this. And Ayaan Hirsi Ali backhanded Issa like I’ve never seen before. His family is from Lebanon and he’s claiming Christians and Muslims can live together peacefully? Then why is his family over here? Isn’t it because of Hezbollah kicking most of the Christians out of southern Lebanon (the ones they didn’t just kill)?

PRCalDude on February 25, 2007 at 2:31 PM

I would like to add that Maher’s understand of Old Testament history is abysmal at best. Noah was a Jew? The term “Jew” didn’t come about until the Israelites’ exile in Persia. There weren’t even Israelites until, well, Israel (Jacob).

PRCalDude on February 25, 2007 at 2:33 PM

PWNED!!!

One Angry Christian on February 25, 2007 at 2:36 PM

President? No. That whole native born citizen thing.

Senator? Sure.

V.P.? Intrigueing…

That’s not how it works… if she can’t be President than she can’t be Vice President either.

Watcher on February 25, 2007 at 2:47 PM

Welp … antireligious antennae can come in handy in recognizing which religion is actively beheading and the rest of the nine yards.

Slightly off topic, but good grief, she is, in addition to hella smart and brave and the rest of it, a beautiful woman who knows how to dress. She’s gorgeous.

Steven Webber, sitting there unable to grasp that moderate people can moderately adhere to a religion that teaches death and subservience for non-adherants–by simply ignoring the violent parts, as long as someone doesn’t “get to them.” Duh.

Anwyn on February 25, 2007 at 2:52 PM

What else do you expect from Darrell Issa a/k/a “Jihad Darrell,” who is Hezbollah’s (and Syria’s and HAMAS’) man in Congress, and who served as Yasser Arafat’s personal taste-tester.

As for Hirsi-Ali, she is wrong about one thing. In fact, there was a Muslim-perpetrated Holocaust against Jews in the Middle East during the years of the Berber Al-Mohad Muslim rule. Jews were forcibly converted to Islam but hundreds of thousands were murdered. This is well-documented. (And I’ve written about it, too–see above link.)

Debbie Schlussel on February 25, 2007 at 3:27 PM

what’s with the effeminate hand gestures?

Opinionnation on February 25, 2007 at 3:28 PM

AHA’s pimp hand is awful strong.

Kid from Brooklyn on February 25, 2007 at 3:28 PM

Watcher on February 25, 2007 at 2:47 PM

Are you sure? Does the constitution actually specifically say that only a native citizen can be VP?

Because there is NO such requirement to be a member of congress. And the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, is the third in line after the VP.

From what I understand, most consitutional scholars say that if someone who is in the line of sucession isn’t a native citizen, then they get skipped.

For instance, when Clinton was president, his secretary of state, Madelaine Albright (sp?) was not a native citizen. She was born in Czechoslavakia Yet as Sec of State, she was in the line of sucession.

So if every body above her was killed, she wouldn’t become president. The person below her in the line of sucession would become president.

I suppose the interesting question is what happens to her in this hypothetical scenario. Does she stay as Sec of State? Or does she advance up to the level of Vice President.

Anyway… when I made that comment about Ayaan Hirsan Ali, I was thinking of the way she backhanded Rep Isa, and it reminded me of Dick Cheney. Because if there ever was a Vice President who wasn’t boring, it is our very own Dick Cheney.

Basically, if you say something dumb arround Dick Cheney, he’s gonna make you regret it.

I figure she could do the same. Although a lot more graciously, and without a “F”-bomb when back-handing insolent congressmen.

EFG on February 25, 2007 at 3:36 PM

Seriously though. If she gets her citizenship, I am certain she could find a red district that would be more than happy to elect her.

Which would be….awesome.

EFG on February 25, 2007 at 3:38 PM

There is a constitutional requirement that in order to run as V.P. one has to also be eligible to be President themselves… but not sure if there might be some sort of loophole with regards to appointed replacements and such.

Watcher on February 25, 2007 at 3:52 PM

That she is. In fact, she shines.

Glynn on February 25, 2007 at 3:56 PM

If only AHA’s message could reach millions of muslim women, starting in the West and spreading to the M.E. maybe our grandchildren won’t hafta fight ‘em too.

Check out her book “Infidel” … it’s awesome. And I’d vote for her too, but she needs more time to get used to American style representitive democracy.

Intelligent women are so damn sexy! I hope she move to “Dela-Where?” and takes Joe Biden’s place in the Senate. Eye candy and brain candy all rolled up into one.

As to muslims and Christians living together in Lebanon, this Issa guy needs to read “Because They Hate” by Lebanese Christian Brigette Gabriel. But I doubt he ever will.

Tony737 on February 25, 2007 at 4:11 PM

What Issa, and unfortunately Ms. Ali forget is that the “slow holocaust” in the Middle East has been 1300 years long, and has extended from Spain to India, the Balkans to Malaysia, Jerusalem to Fez.

As the poet said in another context:

Where are the Christians of yesteryear? Say, in North Africa?

Which was once a center for the old Church, as St. Augustine’s life demonstrates.

And:

Where are the Buddhists of Afghanistan?

Where are the Hindus and Jains of ‘Pakistan’ (formerly known as India, proper)?

Where are the pagans of Arabia?

Where are the Christians of Constantinople?

Or Syria?

Or Jordan?

Or anywhere else on Earth where the imperialistic killing machine of Mohammad spread his triumphalistic, intolerant dogma by the sword?

The people of the Middle East and North Africa and the Caucasus and India and Southern Asia and the islands up to Bali were once all majority other-faiths-than-Islam.

Why are there only scraps and ruins and a few meagre remnants of once vibrant communities? Why is the Hagia Sofia, the greatest orthodox Church in all Eastern Christendom, now a crypto-Muslim ‘museum’? (When the Dome of the Rock, meanwhile, was ceded by the Jews back to their former Muslim overlords, in 1967, right in the center of the Hebrew faith, and on the site of their lost Temple?

All of this nonsense about how “tolerant” Islam was of other faiths is a complete, p.c. crock.

The Mohammedans ‘let’ the other monotheists exist in order to bleed them (with the infidel-only jizya “poll tax” / AKA “protection racket money” ) and bully them (with dhimmitude, or “serf status”) and sneer at them (forcing their “subject peoples” to wear special “kaffir” garments, while forbidding these second-class citizens to ride a horse or walk ahead of a Muslim, or dare construct new churches or temples, much less try to convert a Muslim away from Islam).

All of this “tolerance” was done until the Islamic imperialists could obliterate the infidels, either by slow, strangling intimidation or with the re-drawn sword (whenever a pretext could be found to be “insulted”).

Try taking a Bible into Saudi Arabia.

So much for “no compulsion to religion”.

You can have any color car you want, as long as its black, was henry Ford’s old Model-T joke.

Mohammadism is the model-T of religions.

You can practice any faith you want, as long as it bows ultimately to Islam.

Time to encourage the Muslims to return to Mecca and rethink things.

And not let them back in the West until they come to their human rights senses.

(And I think the meteor in the Ka’aba will be back in orbit before theat happens.)

profitsbeard on February 25, 2007 at 4:31 PM

Wow… Maher was actually tolerable in this clip.

spmat on February 25, 2007 at 4:34 PM

PRCalDude on February 25, 2007 at 2:31 PM

Exactly, and tony just beat me to another point…Let Issa try that no muslim conflict rhetoric on Brigitte Gabriel, she’s tear him a new one.
Even in light of honesty, he still tried to spin the religion of peace death chant. What a hypnotized loser.

Thanks for the xtra links, Debbie Schlussel!!

shooter on February 25, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Wow… Maher was actually tolerable in this clip.
spmat on February 25, 2007 at 4:34 PM

You have got to be kidding me! His hate for the Bible, Christians and Jews spills out like venom drenched rubbish.
He was tolerable once his mouth was shut, and I think he set a record for being quiet…I will give you that.

shooter on February 25, 2007 at 4:40 PM

I think Ali has more of a place in the House than the Senate. At least until she’s been here for far longer than she has.

Did anyone else think that Maher was hitting on her, or at least giving her the eye?

spmat on February 25, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Watcher on February 25, 2007 at 3:52 PM

You are right. It is the 12th amendment. My bad.

EFG on February 25, 2007 at 5:09 PM

shooter on February 25, 2007 at 4:40 PM

At least he was able to say that not all religions are the same. That’s quite a step up for most Westerners.

PRCalDude on February 25, 2007 at 5:13 PM

I didn’t like her comments about our prisoners. You can’t say the things she does and then try and act all high and mighty. If a few get caught up…I’m sorry.

tomas on February 25, 2007 at 5:20 PM

For people who have stuck around this long a little bit of history regarding AHA. She is a Somalia native that fled to Denmark to escape the brutal Islamic life. She was elected to their Parliment but just recently, because of the anger being directed at her from the Muslims and the death threats was forced to resign and she now lives in America. She collaborated with Van Gogh on his film that cost him his life.
She is an amazing women and she joins several other women who seem to be the wests’ best hope of confronting and beating Islamic fascism.
There are no Winston Churchills in todays’ world but there is growing and very vocal group of women all under threat of death leading this charge.
I encourage everybody to do some research into this womans life.

LakeRuins on February 25, 2007 at 5:21 PM

Great point Lake!!
Are our next Winston Churchills going to be women? Brigitte Gabriel, Ayaan, Malkin?
Are the women now the ones with enough gumballz to say something out loud?
Or is it that the men listen more intently to the women?
Thank GOD for these women, I do know we would be far worse off without them.

Is MM’s new Fox TV show tonight?

shooter on February 25, 2007 at 5:50 PM

I scrolled down and immediately saw that LakeRuins had beaten me to the mention of Winston Churchill. According to my recollection of William Manchester’s biography of Churchill, he spent years in advance of Germany’s invasion of Poland and France, urging the British to stand up to Germany, in something of the same way that Ayaan Hirsi Ali and others are urging Westerners to stand up to Islam. I don’t think it’s silly to have begun already to try to persuade people to put up a fight. Nor do I think Allahpundit really thinks so, inasmuch as it doesn’t seem probable that he works so hard or with such evident enjoyment, just for the paycheck he could acquire elsewhere. It seems all of us understand that changing opinions and habits may take years, and we’re willing to put in the time required.

Kralizec on February 25, 2007 at 5:58 PM

In case any of you want more of this lady.

Timber Wolf on February 25, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Maher praises AHA and calls her his hero for saying the same things that a Robert Spencer or Daniel Pipes says but they are nuts.

Maher is a liberal and they are congenitally incapable of criticizing minorities. Maher hasn’t found religion.

If I was running against Issa I would use this against him. Totally pwned.

Bill C on February 25, 2007 at 6:48 PM

point 1) Ayaan is hot.
point 2) If liberals are waking up to the dangers of Islam then good. They’re finally starting to get it.
point 3) Bill said “God is a psychopath, and God is the rifleman.” His blasphemy is breathtaking, but the audience just laughed and treated it like it’s no big deal.

Earth to Bill: It’s a big deal. Don’t take God’s name in vain. God had to deal in the here-and-now with his people Israel to bring them up to the point of Messiah. That meant that He either directly or indirectly killed many.

Jesus was cruxified in 30 A.D. and Jerusalem was razed by the Romans in 70 A.D. forty years later. A biblical generation is 40 years long. Once the Christ had come, God no longer needed the sacraficial system of the temple so things have changed, and we receive our judgement in the next life instead of this one. Now God’s just being patient.

Mojave Mark on February 25, 2007 at 7:23 PM

Maher knows bupkes about the Bible (who, like all too many Christians, knows the “Old Testament” the way I would know cricket if I were watching it from 150th row looking through the wrong end of a telescope), but Issa knows even less about Palestinian Muslim/Christian relations. Bethelehem, for example, used to be a majority Christian city; now, there’s a slim minority holding on for dear life, and under serious intimidation, both from militias, and from the Muslim political leadership within Bethlehem. This change has taken place within the last twenty years. Time for Issa to update his information.

smellthecoffee on February 25, 2007 at 7:41 PM

Is she great or what?

We need about a thousand more just like her.

Bob's Kid on February 25, 2007 at 8:41 PM

She is great, and extremely hot.

Dash on February 25, 2007 at 9:00 PM

Wow…. Maher is down with the war on terror. He sits there pumping a fist and talks about people getting whacked. Maher has a seething hatred toward God, but thats his business. Fools rush in where wise men wouldn’t tread. Contempt prior to investigation is an element of ignorance. God is not one of his strong points if he has one. Maher should stick to his strong suit, that is ridiculing people. Sickening to think he gets paid for it.

sonnyspats1 on February 25, 2007 at 9:18 PM

EFG:

Amendment XII – “…But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.”

- The Cat

P.S. From what I’ve seen Maher has never been a fan of the Pallys.

MirCat on February 25, 2007 at 9:19 PM

MirCat on February 25, 2007 at 9:19 PM

Yeah, Watcher schooled me on that 12th amendment thing too. I was wrong.

EFG on February 25, 2007 at 9:48 PM

Ayaan fled to Holland/Netherlands, not Denmark.

VinceP1974 on February 25, 2007 at 10:11 PM

I figure she could do the same.

Isa just sat there … I expected him to try a retort, but she just handed him his head on a plate (to use a Biblical reference.) He was too stunned to speak. Can’t say I blame him. AHA is a stunning combination of brains, beauty, and courage (I was going for some alliteration, but couldn’t go with …, you know.)

As much as I detest Maher, that lame comment by Webber about religions being moderate at first and only later co-opted by extremists, almost made Maher sound educated when he said “the big lie is that all religions are basically alike, they all preach the same thing.”

What most (in the West) do not understand is that we (collectively) tend to interpret other religions through what we understand (to use the term loosely), meaning Christianity. No wonder they cannot grasp the idea of a violent religion from the get-go. Are there Muslims who do not want to kill or “dhimmitize” all non-muslims? Sure, but they are considered apostate by the true believers, no better than infidels, and they are not in line with the Koran (I’ve read the parts they must have skipped.)

IrishEyes on February 25, 2007 at 10:14 PM

Fools rush in where wise men wouldn’t tread. Contempt prior to investigation is an element of ignorance. . . Maher should stick to his strong suit, that is ridiculing people. Sickening to think he gets paid for it.

Words to live by, sonnyspats. Good post. I could never have associated the first sentence with Maher, because Elvis would have blocked the train of thought. In re your last sentence: it’s astonishing Maher gets paid for anything by anyone at all.

smellthecoffee on February 25, 2007 at 10:48 PM

I recommend a Bible study, if you think God was just killing all kind of people for no reason. God has a plan for everything he does. Including a plan for YOU. At the very least, YOU should be diligent in finding out the plan your CREATOR has for you. Time is getting very short!

And yes, I think this woman is very brave to speak out against Islam, but unfortunately that alone will not save her. Only Yeshua (Jesus the Christ), the Light, the Way can save you. Seek Him!

abinitioadinfinitum on February 25, 2007 at 10:53 PM

I would vote for Ayaan Hirsi Ali in a microsecond! We need this kind of clear thinking and rational thought for a change in our system! Go Ayaan Go!

President? No. That whole native born citizen thing.

Senator? Sure.

V.P.? Intrigueing…

EFG on February 25, 2007 at 1:55 PM

omegaram on February 25, 2007 at 11:03 PM

The lefties must hate this lady. But she’s black, she’s an empowered, intelligent woman. . . so . . .

smellthecoffee on February 26, 2007 at 12:33 AM

Same reason the left hates Condi.

Tony737 on February 26, 2007 at 1:45 AM

Anyone remember Oprah right after 9/11?

“Get me the most Westernized, modernized, liberated Muslim woman alive so I can show my audience what a real Muslim looks like.”

saint kansas on February 26, 2007 at 5:08 AM

I love the way she gracefully and quietly demands attention, and manages to get a word in edgewise. I pray that God keeps her safe.

jjjen on February 26, 2007 at 9:56 AM

It was weird to hear Bill Maher making sense.

budorob on February 26, 2007 at 10:28 AM

shooter on February 25, 2007 at 4:40 PM

I gotta go farther than that… he actually took on Steven Weber’s “all religions are the same” canard front and center, set up the bowling pins for Ayaan, then (yes!) shut up, sat back, & let her knock them down. And to be fair to Bill, that wasn’t accidental facilitation, it was deliberate. I really do think he’s on the same page on this point.

I also give Maher credit going back 5 years+, to the 9/11 aftermath (am I the only one around here who remembers?) for – if not exactly “getting it” in all its Spencerian aspects, then at least “getting” a large part of “it”.

I concede he’s got a heavy case of BDS – most of his shows are tough to watch because of it (and we’ve all said this before, so it’s nothing new) – but at least some of his animus toward Bush grew from the same source as our own frustration with Bush: even five years out, he still doesn’t name the real enemy in the War on Tactics (except the oblique reference once last summer).

And he won’t engage the enemy on any other battlefield except the military (and financial) one. What happened to our civilizational confidence, our belief that Western civilization *is* better than anything the Islamists have to offer? (Incidentally Maher points this out as much if not more than anyone on the right.) So why aren’t we thinking, working on ways to attack and demoralize the enemy, attack the intellectual and moral basis of their political doctrine?

Folks like Spencer & Fitzgerald consistently point out that we refuse these duties at our own peril. Yet the entire machinery of government continues to do little, allows illegal in/ex-filtration (“immigration”) to fester, while we hold our breath hoping the efforts of our fighting men & women alone will move the ball forward. That’s not a strategy, that’s desperation.

It’s Bush’s job to take the fight to the next level, and right now he’s not doing it. Sure it’s not P.C. to single out a “religion”, sure he’d get a lot of flak for it at the start, but who else is gonna do it?

RD on February 26, 2007 at 10:29 AM

You don’t need to be born here to run for most offices…but you do need to be a citizen…AHA is a citizen of the Netherlands (just barely).

jdpaz on February 26, 2007 at 11:04 AM

I keep seeing mention of her running for congress. You know, I love this lady WAAAAAAY too much to associate her with Congress. Only after those chambers have been cleared and disinfected, should this woman step foot.

They are not worthy of her.

“We’re not worthy, we’re not worthy…”

God bless, Ayaan!

tickleddragon on February 26, 2007 at 2:06 PM

I meant I keep seeing mention…in this thread…

tickleddragon on February 26, 2007 at 2:06 PM

Really cool clip. At least Maher seems to arrive at his conclusions independent of the ususal templates.

Kudos to him.

-T

The Therapist on February 26, 2007 at 3:12 PM

If you are going to be spanked (Issa) at least it is by this incredible woman.

right2bright on February 26, 2007 at 3:13 PM

Ok, am I missing something? Isn’t this what we’ve been saying, along with Jihad Watch, for a long time? I’m no Maher fan, but I give him credit.

amerpundit on February 26, 2007 at 6:59 PM

Issa is my representative from here in Southern Cali. He’s republican. Basically, a good guy, he’s done more for the Marines and their housing than any other.

Now, the Saudis, all of those hijackers were kicked out of SA and disowned. Especially Bin Laden. They had their own version of 9/11, too. The terrorists attacked us from Afghanistan. They had no country, except for the one the yand tyhe Taliban stole.

Mazztek on February 26, 2007 at 7:31 PM

make that last line read…
except for the one they and the Taliban stole.

I can tpye.

Mazztek on February 26, 2007 at 7:32 PM

This lady thinks we shouldn’t be in Afghanistan? Has she heard about 9/11? Is she a supporter of the Taliban?

She says we should instead be at war with Saudi Arabia and the gathered tards all start applauding her. I wonder if she realizes that the only reason the audience is applauding that idea is they think there are currently too many US allies in Saudi Arabia and the place should be much more hostile towards the US. Where precisely would she have us drop the bombs?

Perchant on February 27, 2007 at 2:15 AM

Hirsi Ali nailed it!!

When the Jews and Christains knew their place, all was fine with this cult of mohammed – the religion of the sword, Islam.

But, as soon as the wall of dhimmitude was breached, that is when all hell broke loose in the Mid East (approx. 1949) and spread like ripples in a pond all across this rock.

And the kingdom of Saud will not be the object of western military action because

1) the royals cooperate with the U.S. on security, military and economic matters.
2) it is ‘the land of two holy mosques’. Think back to ‘cartoons’ & then do the math.
C)The muslims surely must calm down because maher actually sounded almost rational and reasonable.

locomotivebreath1901 on February 27, 2007 at 8:38 AM

She’s right……We were attacked by Saudi Arabia & Islam, not Al Queda.

…..Glad to see someone “gets it”.

VonHelton on February 27, 2007 at 11:05 AM