Video: “The Simpsons Movie” trailer

posted at 8:54 am on February 20, 2007 by Allahpundit

Looks like they’re thinking epic: I spotted a moon landing and a full nuclear launch in the trailer.

In spite of it all, in spite of it all, I’ll probably go.

Comments

I just want to know if Kang and Kodos make a cameo.

aunursa on February 20, 2007 at 9:12 AM

Ashamed to say it…

BUT I’M THERE!!

tickleddragon on February 20, 2007 at 9:38 AM

Worst trailer ever……just kidding.

Looks funny but the animation appears to be more “computerized” than the TV show. Maybe it’s just my old eyes.

omnipotent on February 20, 2007 at 9:43 AM

It looks so… PG rated… I’m scared.

Savage on February 20, 2007 at 9:45 AM

I MAY have to darken the doors of a theatre again.

Lonevoice on February 20, 2007 at 10:01 AM

Kodos: I am Clin-Ton. As overlord, all will kneel trembling before me and obey my brutal commands. End communication.

Marge: That’s Slick Willy for you, always with the smooth talk.

I’ve been a fan of the Simpsons since the old Tracy Ulman shorts…back in the day when FOX was a fledgling little network…

But the thing I always admired was, even with all the typical marketing around The Simpsons, they never did the movie thing. But alas, here it comes.

Of course, I agree with AP…I’ll be there plunking my money down to see it. On opening night no less.

JetBoy on February 20, 2007 at 10:03 AM

CAIR will find something in it to object to.

infidel4life on February 20, 2007 at 10:07 AM

CAIR will find something in it to object to.
God, I hope so.

harrison on February 20, 2007 at 10:45 AM

Simpsons isn’t even funny for 30 minutes on Fox anymore. 2 hours of not being funny? When’s the family guy movie coming?

lorien1973 on February 20, 2007 at 10:46 AM

The people writing the movie by and large aren’t the ones writing the show now. The movie is being made by the writers from seasons 3-10, which produced some of the best episodes of TV ever.

And Gabbo has a cameo! I’m there

Number 2 on February 20, 2007 at 10:49 AM

CAIR will find something in it to object to.

Are there any muslims in the Simpsons? There are Indians but I don’t think I ever saw a muslim. But then I’m don’t get a chance to watch it that often…..

CrazyFool on February 20, 2007 at 11:05 AM

After the episodes AP mentioned aired, I soured on the Simpsons, but they’ve been winning me back.

Lisa faked American Indian heritage and as she was close to being discovered she revealed to Homer that she ‘may not have fact-checked’ her story as well as she should have. Homer rubbed her head commenting ‘Oh, look, my little girl is pretending to be CBS news!’

CAIR will find something in it to object to.

They showed Homer kissing the pig on the stomach, that probably qualifies.

Are there any muslims in the Simpsons?

No. And you’ll notice how all the other races and religions get along great without them.

Canadian Infidel on February 20, 2007 at 11:20 AM

I was a huge Simpsons fan back in the day. I owned at Simpsons trivia games. But the absolute sucktitude of the show since the 90s ended it; its descent into snarky self-parody and the recurrent themes like the clips AP links to finished it off. I won’t be seeing it.

(OK, maybe later, but I won’t pay for it)

brak on February 20, 2007 at 11:28 AM

I’m so there.

One Angry Christian on February 20, 2007 at 12:38 PM

A while back ago they did a true hollywood stories type episode on the simpsons and they revealed that Springfield was in Kentucky. In the episode they said the Simpsons was a family from Kentucky.

InstantNemesis on February 20, 2007 at 1:05 PM

Simpson’s lost me when they described our National Anthem as a violent song. I might see it. Buy a ticket for another movie then pop in the correct theater.

Timber Wolf on February 20, 2007 at 1:36 PM

Yeah…there were several versions of “Behind the Laughter” and they named different states. I think which version you saw depended on what region you lived in. Not sure what they did / are going to do when that episode hits DVD.

Dunno if I’m going to see the movie. I’ve been soured on The Simpsons for a long time now, though I stuck with it a lot longer than a lot of longtime fans did. If it’s really writers from Seasons 3-10, it has a definite shot at being something worth catching.

Il Padrino on February 20, 2007 at 2:21 PM

When’s the family guy movie coming?

It came and went..

Reaps on February 20, 2007 at 6:50 PM

In spite of it all, in spite of it all, I’ll probably go.

Wish I could say the same.

Exit Question: Does anyone find it coincidental that the Dixie Chicks’ Natalie Maines chose to quote Nelson of the Simpsons at the Grammys?

RightWinged on February 20, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Haven’t been to the movies since Cheech n Chong’s Up in Smoke.

I’ll make an exception for this.

Ha Ha (Nelson reference)! Saw the clip of the Dizzy sits RW! A co-inky-dink? Maybe.

But more importantly, think about the cows! I’d like to take my carbon foot print and… well, at the risk of getting banned, I’ll stop here.

Kini on February 21, 2007 at 1:09 AM