Video: Hillary says, start the pullout in 90 days — or else

posted at 1:11 pm on February 18, 2007 by Allahpundit

She can’t/won’t apologize to the left for her Iraq vote so she’s going to make it up to them on the back end. Obama wants the pullout done by March ’08; here she one-ups him by demanding that it start by June. No particular reason why, except as a demonstration of her supposed urgency. And if Bush doesn’t comply? She’ll call on Congress to revoke the Authorization to Use Military Force, which I think would be constitutional and Captain Ed doesn’t, although we both agree it doesn’t have a hope in hell of passing with the two-thirds majority needed to override the inevitable veto (and maybe not even the 60 votes needed to invoke cloture). Which, in fact, might explain why she’s willing to push it: if the left managed to force a pullout before the surge had a fair chance to work, the GOP would accuse them of having cheated us out of victory when it was within reach. If they let it play out but push hard for doomed-to-fail withdrawal measures, they eliminate that charge while also proving their anti-war bona fides to their base. It’s an empty threat, in other words, and Hillary knows it, but it gives her what she needs at the moment.

Plenty of stale crap here too about the surge being the “same flawed plan” we’ve tried before (it isn’t) and the all-important “international conference” at which Assad and Ahmadinejad are magically going to emerge as team players. Not mentioned, because it never ever is: what she expects Iraq will look like a year from now if her plan is adopted.

Comments

Have I mentioned my contempt for the Democratic Party? It sounds like I’m joking when I say they’re pure evil… sadly I’m not.

RightWinged on February 18, 2007 at 1:17 PM

“Troop Protection and Reduction Act”. Yup…uh-huh.

flipflop on February 18, 2007 at 1:20 PM

Hmmm… Aid and Comfort to our enemies…

Romeo13 on February 18, 2007 at 1:22 PM

I’m not a big fan of Kristol, but he said it best:

Politicians often say foolish things. Members of both parties criticize cavalierly and thunder thoughtlessly. They advance irresponsible suggestions and embrace mistaken policies. But most of our politicians, most of the time, stop short of knowingly hurting the country.

lorien1973 on February 18, 2007 at 1:25 PM

lorien–you left off the best part of that paragraph:

Watching developments in Congress this past week, though, one has to ask: Can that be said any longer about the leadership of the Democratic party?

flipflop on February 18, 2007 at 1:28 PM

Keep it up Hillary. Your just showing more of your incompetence to be Commander In Chief.

johnnyU on February 18, 2007 at 1:33 PM

oh also, Hillary who’s your makeup person? The didn’t get enough packing over that one jowel thats still showing.

johnnyU on February 18, 2007 at 1:34 PM

The think is, if the Surrender Monkeys paid attention, and were actually honest, they would understand, through a simple check of Defend America, that there is a plan, it is new, and it is working.

They, including Cankles, wants America to lose. Sad, simply sad. And, traitorous.

William Teach on February 18, 2007 at 1:40 PM

Relax! Get something to eat…

Ropera on February 18, 2007 at 1:43 PM

lorien–you left off the best part of that paragraph:

Because I didn’t think it was a question that needed to be asked. We already knew before the elections what the democrats stood for. It’s not what has happened to the leadership, its why are they elected, when we already know what they stand for.

lorien1973 on February 18, 2007 at 1:45 PM

Relax! Get something to eat…

Ropera on February 18, 2007 at 1:43 PM

While that’s funny. I have to say this:

Welcome to 15 years ago.

lorien1973 on February 18, 2007 at 1:46 PM

Hillary can blow it out of her ear or the orifice of her choice.

rplat on February 18, 2007 at 1:50 PM

hillary flip flops so damn much she can’t seem to remember what she was for in the first place

Defector01 on February 18, 2007 at 2:15 PM

“International conference” used to mean trying to bring Europe into the conflict, by “fairly” distributing post-reconstruction contracts.

Now, it means dividing up Iraq into zones subject to domination from neighbors, vouchsafing Iran’s nuclear program, and a foreswearing of US use of force anywhere in the world without “a global check”.

Anil Petra on February 18, 2007 at 2:30 PM

Hillary–the gift that keeps on giving. Every day is Christmas for conservatives with Hillary on the campaign trail. It’d all be so hysterically funny if our very lives didn’t depend on the outcome.

The fact that this corrupt sack of you know what can even run for president in my country chills me to the very morrow of my existence. She’s corrupt to the core! Doesn’t everyone remember the non-stop scandals from the 1990s? Anyone? Bueller? C’mon folks! Stop the insanity already!

jaleach on February 18, 2007 at 2:37 PM

I’ve seen fresh caught trout that didn’t flip-floop around as much as she does !

DoctorDentons on February 18, 2007 at 2:42 PM

Should have been ‘flop’ but I like ‘floop’ just as well.

DoctorDentons on February 18, 2007 at 2:43 PM

I just don’t need to hear her anymore. I already know what she is about and no longer need reminders.

She’ll keep running that mouth of hers and the nation will have to decide if they want her in charge. I will say this, she has yet to face a national campaign about HER.

I am not worried.

Talon on February 18, 2007 at 2:43 PM

Somebody dig up the video where she announces her listening tour. Is this part of that video? It looks like the same trees, and house. Was this done at the same time for release now? What about her outfit she is wearing?

LakeRuins on February 18, 2007 at 2:45 PM

Doesn’t the Shrillflipper know Limo Pelosi is the new Commander in Chief. Perhaps she forgot the mid term presidential election.

ronsfi on February 18, 2007 at 2:50 PM

Iraq is obviously a civil war.

That’s why Iran is our best ally in our support for the Shia-dominated Iraqi government.

That’s why, when Saudi Arabia and the other Sunni-ruled nations banded together to boycott oil sales to the U.S., in solidarity with their oppressed Sunni brothers, Iran stepped in to supply the oil gap.

Is this the alternative reality of the nutroots?

Anil Petra on February 18, 2007 at 2:59 PM

The Pantsuit is delusional. She’ll say anything to anyone. Zero core principles. A truly vile human being.

JammieWearingFool on February 18, 2007 at 3:00 PM

You know, rewatching Hillary’s video above convinces me of one thing: if I had millions of dollars, I’d buy airtime on all of the major networks and air this very ad, but in split screen with footage of the twin towers coming down.

jaleach on February 18, 2007 at 3:05 PM

So there you have it, Hillary’s guarantee that America will loose the war in Iraq if she is elected.

Maxx on February 18, 2007 at 3:09 PM

Is there a way to reply to her? She keeps talking about keeping the conversation going, but I only hear her talking, how does she hear us? If you have a link, please post it so I can reply to add to that conversation. I didn’t find it on her website where you watch her vid’s.

JustTruth101 on February 18, 2007 at 3:18 PM

“Troop Protection and Reduction Act” …. why don’t they be honest ? It should be called the “Enemy Protection and Troop Betrayal Act”.

Maxx on February 18, 2007 at 3:22 PM

“The Hillary Election and Hind Protection Act”

ronsfi on February 18, 2007 at 3:33 PM

Hillary has had a lot of experience at yelling, pull out now.

I wonder if Bill would have been elected if it were she who had a habit of adultery?

Where is Bill these days?

Speakup on February 18, 2007 at 3:40 PM

My God, she is just a female(?) Murthafocker.

1sttofight on February 18, 2007 at 3:47 PM

And if Bush doesn’t comply? She’ll call on Congress to revoke the Authorization to Use Military Force, which I think would be constitutional and Captain Ed doesn’t ….

on February 18, 2007 by Allahpundit

It is Constitutional for Hillary to “call on congress” to do nearly anything. If congress were to pass such a bill with enough votes to override the veto, then it would give congress some political cover to pull funding for the war (power of the purse). But Congress does not command the military, the Commander-In-Chief does. The only way congress could stop the President from commanding the troops is if they were successful to impeach him and remove him from office.

Maxx on February 18, 2007 at 4:06 PM

Hillary’s all over the place on this and looks ridiculous.

Oh yeah … she’d make a great president.

darwin on February 18, 2007 at 4:10 PM

“She’ll call on Congress to revoke the Authorization to Use Military Force, which I think would be constitutional and Captain Ed doesn’t,….”

Sorry, AP, but I think you are wrong.

I have carefully read Article 1 of the Constitution as well as Bas v. Tingy, 4 U.S. (4 Dall.) 37 (1800), and 50 USC 1544 (part of the War Powers Act). The Constitution clearly gives Congress the power to declare war. In Bas, the Supreme Court ruled that an authorization to use military force carries the exact same force of law as a formal declaration of war. Section 1544 limits the ability of Congress to force and end to the use of the military in combat TO THOSE INSTANCES WHERE IT HAS NOT AUThORIZED FORCE in the first place. Neither the Constitution, nor Bas, nor 1544 GIVES CONGRESS THE POWER TO “UNDECLARE” WAR!

The reason is blindly obvious: The Founders gave the power to fight wars, to deploy and use troops and to establish both the strategy and tactics to achieve victory. The Founders did NOT give the power to determine strategy and tactics, much less micromanage war fighting, to Congress. Consequently, it is an inherent power of the President to determine when war is over. The Senate, of course, has to power to ratify peace treaties after they are made.

In the past, Congress did symbolically revoke the Gulf of Tonkin resolution. But it changed nothing. It had NO FORCE OF LAW. It did NOT force Nixon to cease fighting Vietnam.

Here’s some more fodder.

Even if Congress defunds the war in Iraq, section 1544 and the war powers inherent in Article 2 of the Constitution GIVE THE PRESIDENT THE POWER TO CONTINUE TO FIGHT THE WAR AS LONG AS THE UNITED STATES IS UNDER THREAT OR AS LONG AS CONDITIONS PREVENT SAFE REMOVAL OF US TROOPS FROM COMBAT.

That means, the Commander-in-Chief *CAN* utilize *any* funding that Congress has appropriated under ANY progrm to continue to fund the war.

Capt. Ed is right, also. The Democrats would be unable to override Bush’s veto if they tried.

georgej on February 18, 2007 at 4:23 PM

Kristol’s flat wrong on this one. For starters, when the head guy wasn’t “busy” getting it from Monica, he pulled restrictions off of selling classified U.S. military technology to China (read: Loral Space and missiles) and WALKED. That was then – this is now: Not only is the she-male of the Clinton family now running for the same position of power while claiming that she knows how to deal with “evil men,” but the Dhimmicrats have just appointed William Jefferson (who couldn’t find a way to safeguard a ton of illicit money in his freezer) to Homeland Security (funny, but my local paper seems to have missed the story). What do you think?

lorien–you left off the best part of that paragraph:

lorien1973 on February 18, 2007 at 1:45 PM

They were elected because 1) the Republicans didn’t govern effectively (and everyone knew it), and 2) enough GOP supporters didn’t, preferring to sit this one out on Election Day.

SpartRan on February 18, 2007 at 4:59 PM

Allah,
This line really speaks to me.

We can say this about the liberals\leftists\progressives. The behavior born of Vietnam has never changed. Shameful.

Glynn on February 18, 2007 at 5:05 PM

I think I think more than you think, I think. This shows where Slick Willy got his lying skills from. Just because she did a fly-by of Iraq, she’s now a field general. Again with the lies of armor, as if she truly has the soldiers best interest in mind. This is nothing more than a one-up of Obama, that she knows isn’t going anywhere, so she has nothing to worry about. It’s only a show.

oakpack on February 18, 2007 at 5:10 PM

Is it just me or does this video look as though it was filmed with cheese cloth over the lense or something.

silenced majority on February 18, 2007 at 5:43 PM

Hillary comes across like Jane’s high society mother in George of the Jungle, informing the guiless George that her daughter was too good for him, and he should stop fooling himself that he had any worth whatsoever, and should go home to the jungle. She started all polite and polish and poise, then evicerated his ego and wound up the lecture by threatening to rip his balls off, just in case he didn’t quite “get it.”

naliaka on February 18, 2007 at 5:55 PM

Madam President Clinton. {shudder}

Lawrence on February 18, 2007 at 6:08 PM

Best CGI, EVER!

thegreatbeast on February 18, 2007 at 6:25 PM

Hillary says, start the pullout in 90 days — or else

Hmmmmmmm…..for a moment there I thought she was talking about Bill.

GT on February 18, 2007 at 6:45 PM

He’s fighting to escalate the war, not end it”

HEELLOOOOOOOO…..What happened to the 3rd option of WINNING the war!!!!

I hate that she’s in New York here with me!!!

HarryStar on February 18, 2007 at 7:50 PM

As long as I have breath in my body, I’ll do everything I can to make sure this vile, evil Marxist witch never gets into the White House again..as God is my witness!
(P.S. I’m sure our troops love her as much as she professes to care about them, too.)

Jen the Neocon on February 18, 2007 at 8:26 PM

Treason plain and simple. Know your enemy by what they say. The plan now is DEFUND the war. If they can make a miserable wreck out of Iraq by causing us to fail then they can hang that around the neck of Republicans in hope for power over the next 20 years – just like after Nam. Good luck witch. I sense a backfire coming …

warriorlawyer on February 18, 2007 at 8:31 PM

Suffer the children while the talking heads grapple and jockey for position simply for elections sake.

Pitiful wastes of space -America’s politicians!

SilverStar830 on February 18, 2007 at 8:50 PM

She Hillary run!

Run Hillary, run!

Pitiful wastes of space -America’s politicians!

SilverStar830 on February 18, 2007 at 8:50 PM

Wastes of skin, not space. Skin.

TwinkietheKid on February 18, 2007 at 9:38 PM

Don’t forget that kindergarten teacher pin you to the wall look:
“… and you know it,too.” STARE.

Not that easily mesmerized. I happen to believe that the invasion of Iraq was indeed necessary because Iraq is the keystone to the Middle East, so it made perfect military sense to go there. Imagine how poor our military position would be today with a hot-to-nuclear-trot Iran, plus a breathing fire and brimstone Iraq, with American troops twiddling their fingers in, say New Jersey.

naliaka on February 18, 2007 at 9:59 PM

My comments that probably will not get okayed :)

“1. Try not to move and talk like one of those Japanese Robot chicks

Actually on second thought, the robot girl has more personality, maybe you should learn from her.

2. I think, you think, we all think of CHANGE UP YOUR PHRASES!!

3. Lighten up on the lens filters. Do you have a problem with your wrinkles? Sheesh, if you’re going to be a real feminist, be an example to women instead of pandering to society’s idea of a beauty; instead of this colored by Turner looking clip you have going on here.”

posted in three parts due to character limits

- The Cat

MirCat on February 18, 2007 at 10:50 PM

“Troop Protection and Reduction Act”

I was an Infantryman and later an artillery officer in Clinton’s army. He had a troop protection plan too; NEVER DEPLOY. The farthest out of the country I ever went was Idaho when my unit transitioned to the M1A1 tank. People don’t join the military to be protected, they join to protect! Clinton’s “protection” of the military and intelligence agencies cost us 3,000 Americans on 9/11. Can you imagine Headmistress Hillary as the CINC! She and her fellow surrender monkies need to take a reality pill or something.

Mojave Mark on February 18, 2007 at 11:32 PM

Video: Hillary says, start the pullout in 90 days — or else

Didn’t she also say this to Bill during the Monica thing? Or was it the Jennifer Flowers thing?

thedecider on February 19, 2007 at 12:01 AM

Oh God! It’s her first “chat”… I had to stop the video to rinse my mouth out after I threw up in it a little bit…

Babs on February 19, 2007 at 12:26 AM

Hillary is the bomb! For Iraq, that is. LOL!!

Catroast on February 19, 2007 at 1:58 AM

Mz. Clinton said, ” …….. a road map “out of Iraq”… “we have to end this war in a smart way”, ……. “if George Bush dose not end this war by the time I’m President, I will……………….”

uhhhhhhh, Mrs. “Paint Suit” and husband to the “Stainer of Dresses”……… one question…

What happens if we win, dispite your efforts to try to make us loose?

PinkyBigglesworth on February 19, 2007 at 3:05 AM

Something smells.. like rotten eggs..

Viper1 on February 19, 2007 at 4:35 AM

Hillary says, start the pullout in 90 days — or else

Isn’nt that what she told Bill a few years ago?

bloggless on February 19, 2007 at 9:13 AM

Hey decider, you beat me to it!!!! And I got my quote thing all mixed up!!!!!

bloggless on February 19, 2007 at 9:14 AM

“Quick! Surrender before we win!”

CrazyFool on February 19, 2007 at 2:02 PM

She wants to hear from us…

Ok, does anyone have her email address?

I want to ask her about the 2 MILLION Cambodians and Million Vietnamese innocent civilians who were slaughtered after the last time we ‘pulled out’ and defunded support…..

CrazyFool on February 19, 2007 at 2:05 PM