Video: Edwards on his former bloggers

posted at 9:46 am on February 17, 2007 by Ian

All you need to know is this:

EDWARDS: I spoke to them directly and personally. They both assured me they had no intention of denigrating anyone’s faith. They apologized. They said they would not do it in the future while working for me. I took them at their word and I stood by them because of that.

Bwhahaha. Ha. Ha. Hahaha. Ha.

(via Little Green Footballs)

Comments

Does he have a cold?

He said, “Candidates can’t control what people say.”

Of course he’s right, but you can choose who you wish to associate with and who you choose to represent you.

asc85 on February 17, 2007 at 9:54 AM

They said they would not do it in the future while working for me.

Nice qualifier there. With fingers crossed behind their backs.

Dave Shay on February 17, 2007 at 9:58 AM

Uh, Mr. Edwards?

How do you spell bigot?

locomotivebreath1901 on February 17, 2007 at 9:59 AM

If he can’t even see through the smokescreen and insincerity of a couple of clumsy vagi-fascists, do we really want him dealing with the NORKs, Chinese or Mr. Member’s Only Jacket?

SailorDave on February 17, 2007 at 10:03 AM

Yes moron and people also have the right to criticize the moonbats for their inflammatory comments. And if you Breck Boy were honest, you’d admit it shows complete lack of judgement on your part for even selecting such incompetent idiots for your campaign.

I guess when you so low, both in life and in the polls, finding anybody to work for you is pretty tough!

Bob on February 17, 2007 at 10:06 AM

While I realize exposing the hypocrisy, bad ideas, and general bumbling of the lefty candidates is important, I confess having difficulty caring about any of them at this point. I want to know who is going to represent the conservative values I thought I was voting for last time around: strong borders, traditional values, and smaller government.

conservator on February 17, 2007 at 10:22 AM

Conservator… my advice to you is don’t hold your breath. I don’t see any of the significant Republican candidates so far (with the possible exception of Romney) bringing all of those values to the table in a single package.

Things can change though. I’m hoping for that. I think the true Reagan conservatives should adopt a theme for the run-up to this next election: Won’t Get Fooled Again.

SailorDave on February 17, 2007 at 10:32 AM

Every time Edwards talks about this this, he shows himself for the idiot and light-weight that he is. Well, every time he talks about anything he does that.

flipflop on February 17, 2007 at 10:35 AM

Considering that YOU used to claim yourself a clairvoyant, that dead little children could channel through in a court of law, how could you have not known?

Liberal lying fools.

NRA4Freedom on February 17, 2007 at 10:36 AM

OT, but in case you’re down about everyone bashing on the US and need something to cheer you up.

flipflop on February 17, 2007 at 10:41 AM

Somewhat off topic, I did a little trolling through the Huff Post — where Marcotte now qualifies as a player on the stength of her anti-Christian bona fides — and looked at her “bio”.

This is just another measure of the failure of the Edwards campaign, which should now be fully recognized as a farce that won’t be around long. Her bio says, in short: she lives in Austin, Texas and blogs. Her entire educational and experiential qualification to write for the Edwards campaign for President is that she a) is a leftist and 2) has a big mouth.

I am beginning to believe that the entire point of his campaign and of Obama’s is to make Hillary Clinton look like she’s qualified to run for President. And it doesn’t work; it only magnifies the fact that the Democrats are putting up three complete and total nothings for President of the United States. Breathtaking.

Jaibones on February 17, 2007 at 10:43 AM

They are beholden to these idiots. I say let them babble. It won’t take long before they realize that they are all hate and anti-Bush and don’t have the brains to actually discuss or promote any other issue.

Connie on February 17, 2007 at 10:50 AM

Jailbones, the Gorebot says he has no intention of running.Do you believe him?
We have not seen the last of his manbearpiggishness, there is a possibility that we could have the Clintons and Gores back in the WH, on a Gorebot/Hildebeast ticket. Then , well, let’s just say Gore would need double extra protection if that scenario would become reality.

bbz123 on February 17, 2007 at 10:50 AM

No intention of denigrating anyones faith? Just what was their intention then? Edwards is an idiot. There have been alot of democratic catholics up in arms about this, not just “far right wingers”.

ctmom on February 17, 2007 at 10:50 AM

No mention of her cats and her computer-recognized likeness to George Harrison? Honestly, I thought those were her two strongest points.

SailorDave on February 17, 2007 at 10:53 AM

Connie, their two issues are in order:

1. Hatred of George Bush and his all-powerful neo-con cabal.
2. Hatred of the war on terror/war in Iraq waged by George Bush and his all-powerful neo-con cabal.

Ask them about a plan for US prosperity and security after GWB is out of office and the Iraq situation is over (through a slow-bleed) and you’ll see something resembling a herd of deer mesmerized by the headlights of a semi.

SailorDave on February 17, 2007 at 11:02 AM

Sailor Dave, I like the comparison , however deer do have a survival instinct. I am beginning to believe that the Dems have turned theirs off, I’m thinking more of a lemmings thing.

bbz123 on February 17, 2007 at 11:05 AM

Listen to Jaibones….we may not like the man…but Slick Willy is one smart SOB. Edwards is a smoke screen. Obama is playing for VP. Bill is playing for keeps. Hail to the Chieftess.

Popcorn anyone?

Limerick on February 17, 2007 at 11:09 AM

Pretty Pony.

bloggless on February 17, 2007 at 11:13 AM

bbz123, I fully acknowledge your comparison is better. I really don’t believe that deer have a death wish or suicide pact. I used my analogy simply because venison is so darn tasty, even the road-kill variety. Anyone else from the South wanna back me up?

SailorDave on February 17, 2007 at 11:17 AM

It fits with the left viewpoint. Jummah Carter and his buddies the PLO did the same thing..”they said sorry, we’ll be nice now’ and many on the left seem to want to have just forgiven Sadamm lately (before his untimely death).
When they speak they want 24 to 48 hours for re-do’s, ya know what I mean here?
Do anything, say anything, be anything, as long as sometime someday you cover it up, you’re a good person. Hatred, bigitry, mass murderers, all okiedokie by the left.
How many Dems have had re-do’s on public remarks in the last few months alone?
I swear they’re losing grasp with reality.

shooter on February 17, 2007 at 11:24 AM

Hey Edwards – I heard at least three ambulances in the background – hurry up – chase John chase. You were a good scheister – thats all.

iam7545 on February 17, 2007 at 11:33 AM

Did you see Marcotte’s victim story on Salon? Gag me.

Why I had to quit the John Edwards campaign

Connie on February 17, 2007 at 11:44 AM

iam… a bit of satire that raises an interesting point. Personal injury attorneys contribute to Dems more than Republicans for the simple reason that they need to perpetuate the whole notion of a victim class (be that what it may). This whole Marcotte/what’s her name episode is a perfect example. Everyone was a dupe or an innocent crushed beneath the soul-less wheels of a conservative smear machine.

I had no idea I was blessed with such supernatural powers. I don’t know what to feel right now: evil, or just normal.

SailorDave on February 17, 2007 at 11:48 AM

bbz,

I suspect Gore knows to stay clear of the Rodman-Clinton cabal, and he’s doing the next best thing: get filthy rich playing populist environmental mental and never work again. Very cynical; you’ve got to admire that about him.

As for the venison, last spring I gorged myself on a venison summer sausage killed in northern Michigan, while on a golf weekend with the men of the clan. Most excellent.

Golf, bourbon, and venison. You could smell the testosterone.

Jaibones on February 17, 2007 at 12:10 PM

SailorDave, You could not be more on the money regarding the Dem issues. In fact, I think it can really be distilled down to one: hatred of George Bush and anything to do with George Bush. Venom born of declared Christianity and social conservative views?

conservator on February 17, 2007 at 12:13 PM

Hey, look on the bright side. Edwards is not spending his own money. Or yours. He’s spending democrat nutroot money. Of course, if he needs a loan I’d guess Jefferson has loads more in some freezer out there. Could you really think Jefferson settled for $90,000k when there were $millions$ involved?

Griz on February 17, 2007 at 1:35 PM

They said they would not do it in the future while working for me.

Ian,
I picked it up right away like you did. And a Bwhahahahahhahhahahahahahh Back Atcha’ One thing I have learned over the years thanks to Rush was to make sure I LISTEN to what these Libs are saying. The have really learned well over the years the big “BUT” statements and the Buzz Words like “Re-deploy” and “We support the troops”; “We want to keep them safe..” (so you a**holes ought to be over there as human sheilds. Right?) “We need a new direction”; “President Bush gets no blank checks for the war” (Murtha would however. He had good expierience with ABSCAM) and yada,yada,yada, al’infinitum.
B**tards.

auspatriotman on February 17, 2007 at 1:45 PM

What continues to amaze me is that Edwards didn’t read their blogs before he hired them. Any prospective employer always does their best to make sure that there is nothing in the possible employees’ backgrounds that could embarrass the company later. For a Presidential candidate not to do the same is just idiotic.
Of course if he did read their blogs and still hired them, then he deserves whatever may come of his decision.

bookwurm322 on February 17, 2007 at 1:52 PM

SailorDave on February 17, 2007 at 11:48 AM

Brilliantly stated!

Glynn on February 17, 2007 at 4:23 PM

Mr. Edwards.

To borrow from Ace of Spades: You, Hillary, and Osama/Obama can go suck on the barbed cock of Satan.

georgej on February 17, 2007 at 5:59 PM

Of course people have a right to express their opinions, but they also have to live with the consequences of expressing those opinions, i.e. being criticized for writing/saying insulting things, getting fired, being forced to resign, getting your CD’s burned and thrown away, etc. These things also fall under free speech.

rising21 on February 17, 2007 at 6:37 PM

I’m not going to waste my ink on this guy, he’s toast.

Maxx on February 17, 2007 at 7:20 PM

Edwards;”the blogesphere is a powerful tool, and its grassroots politics at it’s best”! WAY TO GO HA!!!

sonnyspats1 on February 17, 2007 at 8:13 PM

They said they would not do it in the future while working for me.

Which is why they no longer work for Edwards.

I see Wolf is covering Edward’s ass by calling the statements ‘critical comments of the Catholic Church” and refers to the reaction to those comments as “a little bit of an uproar.” Little bit of an uproar my ass! There was a huge negative reaction and Wolf knows this.

I wonder what would Wolf call the Watts riots in the 60′s, an out of control block party? A small, localized civil disturbance? Wolf, your bias is showing

RedinBlueCounty on February 17, 2007 at 9:21 PM

Poor Johnny Edwards! No chance for the Oval Office and now the Catholics hate him too. It’s just as well. We don’t need another president without a soul.

As for Amanda Marcotte, she’s one whacky weirdo. A feminazi kook with a shrillness unmatched in the blogosphere. Reading her is like listening to ice skates being dragged over a chalkboard. Not good. It’s like someone built a time machine and went back to the 1990s and brought her to the present from some college campus. The Melrose Place haircut, the incessant victim card playing, the constant dropping of the f-bombs…Marcotte, if she isn’t careful, will soon turn into a cartoon.

jaleach on February 17, 2007 at 11:19 PM

Spoiled little brat. Just like his blogger bimbos.

Texyank on February 17, 2007 at 11:36 PM

“They misled me! Just like President Bush! WAAAAAAAAAAAH!”

JimC on February 18, 2007 at 1:05 AM

So you learned a lesson from this?????

Idiot…….. “Canidates can not contro what people say….”

I guess you never heard of the “Clintons”….

Where do I go to collect all the good money that is being thrown at a bad canidate??????

PinkyBigglesworth on February 18, 2007 at 4:09 AM

They apologized.

We’re So Sorry – Mister Edwards
We’re So Sorry If We Caused You Any Pain
We’re So Sorry – Mister Edwards
But There’s No One Left At Home And I Believe I’m Gonna Rain

We’re So Sorry But We Haven’t Said A Thing All Day
We’re So Sorry – Mister Edwards
But If Anything Should Happen We’ll Be Sure To Give A Ring

We’re So Sorry – Mister Edwards,
But We Haven’t Done A Bloody Thing All Day
We’re So Sorry – Mister Edwards
But The Kettle’s On The Boil And We’re So Easily Called Away

Hand across the Blogsphere (Blogsphere)
Keep your God out of my V
Hand across the Blogsphere (Blogsphere)
Keep your God out of my V

RedinBlueCounty on February 18, 2007 at 11:48 AM

“there was a little bit of an uproar recently when you hired two bloggers…”

-Wolf Blitzer

wow… just wow. No spin there we swear.

One Angry Christian on February 18, 2007 at 11:55 AM

I can’t believe that he is STILL saying that the two bloggers did not intend to insult anyone’s faith, etc.

Voters are just stupid enough to vote for this person who obviously has not backbone and does not draw the line between right and wrong!

The two bloggers definitely, with intention, and with malice of forethought attacked people’s faith with full intention of insulting them.

John Edwards for rattlesnake catcher in Arizona, right alongside John F. Kerry.

William