Video: Michelle, strategists on fmr. Edwards bloggers; talking points mixed up

posted at 10:19 pm on February 16, 2007 by Ian

Former Edwards blog mistresses Amanda Marcotte and Melissa McEwan were a topic of discussion on this evening’s Factor. Michelle, Republican strategist Kellyanne Conway and Dem strategist Julie Roginsky, three Jersey girls, had a fun time talking about this subject.

Glenn Reynolds points out the Democratic strategist had her talking points mixed up when she accused a McCain blogger of being “anti-Semitic”:

WATCHING MICHELLE MALKIN SUB for Bill O’Reilly, I noticed that her guest , Democratic consultant Julie Roginsky, appeared to have gotten her Media Matters talking points confused. When responding to a question about the Edwards blogger fiasco, she quickly parried with a blurted remark about McCain having “hired an anti-semitic blogger.”

Hmm. I’ve never heard anyone call Patrick Hynes an anti-semite, and it’s an absurd charge based on my knowledge of him. So I googled “Patrick Hynes anti-semite” and found this Media Matters press release calling Bill Donohue an anti-semite, while attacking Patrick Hynes on other grounds. Roginsky probably just confused the two. Call it talking-points crosstalk?

Michelle immediately pointed out Roginsky’s smear and the rest is history.

Comments

BOR better be careful who he gets to guest host. Michelle did a great job doing the factor. I know she had to bite her tongue some, just to get through the show. She did it very professionally.

d1carter on February 16, 2007 at 10:22 PM

Despite telling us on her web site that she would be hosting the O’Factor tonight, I completely overlooked it in her threads. However, tuning in I was pleasantly surprised to see Michelle in the no-spin seat. She did a great job! FOX should give her a show – as long as she doesn’t have to give up MM dot com or, of course, Hot Air. Anyway, the poor Democratic strategist got a lot of things wrong. It was kind of sweet to see Michelle and Kellyanne hammer her. I hope MM is a regular guest-host.

thedecider on February 16, 2007 at 10:24 PM

FOX, give Michelle her own show! Pronto!

Malpaso on February 16, 2007 at 10:24 PM

MICHELLE ROCKED!!! I cannot beleive she doesn’t have her own show on FOX yet.

John on February 16, 2007 at 10:36 PM

Roginsky probably just confused the two. Call it talking-points crosstalk?

He gives her way too much credit here. She’s a strategist, if she earns her money she knows what she’s doing. Working from the given that the Democrats have no real positions to offer, they have only lie, smear and attack, and she used all three at once. It doesn’t matter if it’s corrected, it still got said, and on national TV. The liberals watching can’t hear Michelle’s response, they are too busy cheering for Roginsky for “scoring” against a Republican.

Nothing new under the sun.

Freelancer on February 16, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Lol, that’s hilarious. Why are liberals so pathetic? Jane Fleming is constantly smacked around, especially by O’Reilly the other night, and now you’ve got this woman accusing McCain’s blogger of bein an anti-semite, simply because she skimmed her media matters talking points in a hurry before going on the air. What an idiot. Should she not be forced to issue a very public apology? Imagine if MM had mistakenly accused someone of bein anti-semetic… she wouldn’t even have to be forced to admit her mistake… I am willing to bet that this woman won’t apologize and there will be no pressure for her to.

RightWinged on February 16, 2007 at 10:53 PM

As I mentioned in another thread, Michelle was rockin’ tonight, in great form. I second, third, whatever, calls for her to have her own show.

mikeyboss on February 16, 2007 at 11:10 PM

MM is good but sometimes too nice to morons who don’t deserve it (Enrique Morones. UGH!!) I like when she’s tough and cuts them off after their 10 second monologue. Is Allahpundit ever going to be one of her guests?

I totally missed that she was going to be hosting. I am pleasantly surprised and watching right now.

PoliticallyIncorrectSandy on February 16, 2007 at 11:34 PM

FOX, give Michelle her own show! Pronto!

Malpaso on February 16, 2007 at 10:24 PM

MICHELLE ROCKED!!! I cannot beleive she doesn’t have her own show on FOX yet.

John on February 16, 2007 at 10:36 PM

I don’t know why Fox doesn’t at least simply air “Vent”? They’ll showcase Dennis Miller in small increments, why not give MM a similar shot?

kevcad on February 16, 2007 at 11:42 PM

Julie Roginsky needs to take a breath. Sheesh! Give MM a chance to talk! Is she (JR) high on coke or what?? Monotoned monologue…

Kellyanne was cool. (When she could get in a word edgewise…)

I wish MM had a cattle prod or stun gun to shut Julie up. LOL! SHE WOULDN’T SHUT UP!!!

PoliticallyIncorrectSandy on February 16, 2007 at 11:46 PM

Anyone know how to contact Julie Roginsky? I’d like to email her and demand an explanation.

RightWinged on February 16, 2007 at 11:51 PM

hahahaha! I love it… she referred to them as “nutroots” on national TV.

yeehaw!

SilverStar830 on February 16, 2007 at 11:51 PM

The FNC show that is begging to have a new host and format is Heartland w/ John Kacich. Reformat it to have fewer guests with longer segments and maybe even have a blogger version of Brit Hume’s “Fox News All-Stars.” FNC’s weekend schedule is awful.

So what would the reaction be to MM getting her own show, but on a different network?

rw on February 16, 2007 at 11:55 PM

rw on February 16, 2007 at 11:55 PM

I don’t think the network matters as much as Michelle getting her own show, and being able to run it as she see’s fit without being hobbled or scripted by execs. FOX has had her guest-host for so long though, it only seems natural they eventually give her a chair with her name on it.

SilverStar830 on February 17, 2007 at 12:01 AM

Pardon me, but after watching three Jersey girls duke it out in close proximity (INTENSE is the operative word here, me thinks), perhaps I should excuse myself, take a valium, and retreat to a nice little nap. I’m feeling the need for a little Rn’R after witnessing that exchange.

CyberCipher on February 17, 2007 at 12:04 AM

Mexico. World War II. Total troops who saw combat= 31.
When? 1945. Where? Phillipines. Why? Because by 1945 they saw who was winning. Who? Pilots flying P47s.

Oh…..did I mention a thank you? No? Guess not then.

Ok…yeah Lim is drunk again. I’ll go shut up now.

Limerick on February 17, 2007 at 12:07 AM

sorry this was supposed to be on the other thread with Morones……….beer does that to a fella.

Limerick on February 17, 2007 at 12:08 AM

CyberCipher on February 17, 2007 at 12:04 AM

Sure…. a “nap”…. riiiiiiight. Say hi to Rosy Palm and her 5 step-sisters for me.

RightWinged on February 17, 2007 at 12:13 AM

rw on February 16, 2007 at 11:55 PM

I agree. Anytime I see John Kasich I have to turn the channel. He’s too whiny or…something. I don’t know. He’s just uninteresting in a very annoying way.

thedecider on February 17, 2007 at 12:20 AM

There are times when I wish I had cable, and this is one of ‘em.

Bob's Kid on February 17, 2007 at 12:20 AM

FOX, give Michelle her own show! Pronto!

Malpaso on February 16, 2007 at 10:24 PM

I WANT MY “MM”TV.

This is the first time in a long time that I really enjoyed watching “The Factor”.

Lawrence on February 17, 2007 at 12:20 AM

they are too busy cheering for Roginsky for “scoring” against a two Republicans.

Nothing new under the sun.

Freelancer on February 16, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Entelechy on February 17, 2007 at 12:25 AM

Ian: Thanks for deleting the post with the phone number. I had second thoughts about that. Again, thanks!

thedecider on February 17, 2007 at 12:30 AM

FOX, give Michelle her own show!

Malpaso on February 16, 2007 at 10:24 PM

If Shelly was on head-to-head against O’Reilly every night, no one would watch Bill’s show. No one.

She’s smarter than he is, she’s better at interaction with guests, and she’s sooo very easy on my eyes.

Jaibones on February 17, 2007 at 12:35 AM

thedecider on February 17, 2007 at 12:30 AM

Did someone provide her phone number? I didn’t want that, I just want an email address to ask her to defend her comment about McCain hiring an anti-semite blogger.

RightWinged on February 17, 2007 at 12:38 AM

don’t ya hate it when you mix up your talking points and you end up condemning Global warming for bigotry and telling people to cut back on their gay rights to save the environment?

heh.

One Angry Christian on February 17, 2007 at 12:50 AM

Julie Roginsky apparently went to the Alen Colmes school of debate…… same tactic, throw out a “talking point”, then quickly move on, without proof, without facts, without debate, just smeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrr……. kinda reminds me of John Murtha going down on Nancy Pelosi {quickly moving on to next topic}….

PinkyBigglesworth on February 17, 2007 at 12:52 AM

FOX, give Michelle her own show! Pronto!

Malpaso on February 16, 2007 at 10:24 PM

+1000

/best Darth Vader voice:

“It is your destiny”

infidel4life on February 17, 2007 at 12:53 AM

RightWinged on February 17, 2007 at 12:38 AM

Her contact information is not hard to find but this isn’t the right forum in which to post it.

thedecider on February 17, 2007 at 1:22 AM

great

Fox News should give michelle her own news show.

Ouabam on February 17, 2007 at 1:28 AM

I’m angry. I really can’t bear BO too much so I don’t care if I miss the show, but now I find that I missed MM guest-hosting. Seriously, I’m pissed (in the American sense, and the English sense).

urbancenturion on February 17, 2007 at 1:32 AM

urbancenturion on February 17, 2007 at 1:32 AM

the final re-airing starts now

RightWinged on February 17, 2007 at 3:58 AM

Democrats = no conscience

Halley on February 17, 2007 at 4:05 AM

That Democrat was a ditz…..

Cute…

But a moron.

Mortis on February 17, 2007 at 7:57 AM

Julie Roginsky — cute but not too bright. Where do these people come from? How does one become a strategist for the Democrat party? Being a Jersey girl does not excuse the lack of brains on Julie’s part. Michelle was great and I think better/smarter then O’Reilly.

jimwesty on February 17, 2007 at 9:26 AM

RightWinged on February 17, 2007 at 12:13 AM

Sorry to disappoint you. Never been a “user” of illegal substances. Don’t really associate with people who do, either. I just get a little stressed when I witness an unrefereed fight in the television studio — that’s all.
I don’t watch hockey games either. Too violent.

CyberCipher on February 17, 2007 at 9:30 AM

It’s amazing to see 3 Jersey girls who aren’t in the mall.

budorob on February 17, 2007 at 9:43 AM

Her anti-semite remark was no accident. Jim Webb’s paid bloggers smeared his primary opponent, then Sen Allen with “Jew” remarks to great advantage. They were never called to task by the press and Webb chose to ignore it and say nothing, and of course, he was given a pass. Look for much more of this tactic by Dems in ’08.

TugboatPhil on February 17, 2007 at 10:00 AM

Julie Roginsky is a hater, not a debater. She knows how to say President Bush failed and the war is over very fast 3 times in a row. I saw her Saturday morning on Bulls & Bears and she was simply out of her league. They knew it and so did she.

Connie on February 17, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Not to get too carried away with this meme, but again on the topic of Michelle’s telegenic loveliness. No, stay with me here.

Look at the silly tarts the Dems put on O’Reilly to spew their talking points. Is there a growing “Dolly Gap” between the lovely, but fully engaged, smart, informed, and articulate MM and this endless stream of nitwit blonds the Dems trot out?

Jaibones on February 17, 2007 at 10:48 AM

CAT FIGHT!! Roginsky, cute, but a loon.

We wanted to defund the war before we funded the war to defund the war. If we could just vote against funding the war now, it would have been funded better sooner. Broken tanks and all, we should defund the war now so it could’ve had better tanks 2 years ago…

WHAT !?!?!?! And she said all that in about 6.2 seconds, twice.

shooter on February 17, 2007 at 10:54 AM

“I think they’re afraid to put up someone who knows what they’re talking about but maybe isn’t so … you know.”
Jaibones on February 17, 2007 at 10:48

They don’t HAVE anyone who knows what they’re talking about!

And I LOVE the “I want my MM TV” comment!

PoliticallyIncorrectSandy on February 17, 2007 at 11:24 AM

They knew it and so did she.

Connie on February 17, 2007 at 10:30 AM

It gets uncomfortable when one of the party is so obviously out of their league. Painful.

Jaibones on February 17, 2007 at 11:53 AM

Michelle was good, not quite what I expected, but I understand that being “a host” is completely different than being a guest. Poor Kellyanne couldn’t get a word in edgewise and Michelle couldn’t control the tinfoil hatted leftist loon, Julie Roginsky. But, Michelle has such great potential that I agree she should have her own show…how she’s going to do that with job, family, websites and guest appearances is beyond me.

However, Michelle needed to bring the Loon under control…the poor female talked so fast (a trait I’ve noticed on the Left) and had her points memorized that there really wasn’t any “discourse”. I would love to see a half hour show with just one guest and Michelle “discussing” one or two issues only. That way, we’ll get to see and hear the absurdity of the loons.

Keep up the great work Michelle!!

sharinlite on February 17, 2007 at 11:57 AM

I just hate it when the dem liars get their lies confused. It makes me not want to be around liars. I hate liars. I don’t want to play with liars. I don’t think liars should be in America or even the world.

Hardaway on February 17, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Griz on February 17, 2007 at 12:30 PM

RightWinged on February 17, 2007 at 12:13 AM
I don’t watch hockey games either. Too violent.

CyberCipher on February 17, 2007 at 9:30 AM

Hmmm, CC, I think Rightwinged’s comment went over your head…and under…and over…and under…and over and under…….

ScottG on February 17, 2007 at 12:50 PM

Michelle really does have the timing beats that a host needs, but she does need to get a few tips on bringing down the Hammer on guests. Julie Roginsky made sure that “Jersey Girls” exchange sounded primarily like “jhefh piidh!!!0xxj ouhw zzzjar!!!! raarj hkryha ihwwtnwyt!!…” to the audience. She must have learned her Guest tactics from Randi Rhodes and Larry O’Donnell.

eeyore on February 17, 2007 at 1:14 PM

It’s not a smear

No, it’s an attempt to draw attention away from Edwards by making controversial statements about another candidate. That’s called misdirection and the Democrats are very good at it. Of course she used a smear to do accomplish this, but smearing wasn’t her objective. Her objective was to start a controversy. It appears that she was partially successful. Remember, she’s a former campaign ‘strategist’ so she knows all the tricks.

Edwards will survive

It’s still early

Both are somewhat correct. Edwards will survive until the primaries when Hillary becomes the Democrat’s choice for candidate. After that, his presidential aspirations are history!

RedinBlueCounty on February 17, 2007 at 1:20 PM

RightWinged on February 17, 2007 at 12:13 AM

ScottG on February 17, 2007 at 12:50 PM

You’re right. Had to look this one up. Oh well. I don’t suppose it would be prudent to admit here on HotAir that I gave up masterbation a very long time ago (as well as sat-out the 1960s — on the side-lines). Not really surprising when ya’ get to be my age. Not everyone that frequents these sites are youngsters like the three Jersey girls (and the rest of ya’). Some of us are card carrying members of that liberal, pinko AARP outfit. Not because we WANT to be, ya’ understand, but because it seems to be mandatory once you reach a certain age. Us 1960s refugees have had to revise our slogan to “Never trust anyone over 100 (years of age).”

As for the allusion the some of you folks are sexually aroused by seeing the Jersey girls fight with each other, I think that I best leave that one alone. I don’t want the participants here at HotAir to start comparing me to our beloved AllahPundit. Just wouldn’t be prudent for me to stray into his territory.

CyberCipher on February 17, 2007 at 4:01 PM

Haha… CyberCipher, ScottG was right, it was just a joke you missed. Which probably makes you a better person than me for actually not getting it, lol. Obviously it wasn’t serious either, just funny (to me) how you watched the clip of the “intense” exchange you decided “perhaps I should excuse myself” to take a “nap”. My joke was basically a sarcastic “suuuuure, a “nap” huh?”. I suppose my “Rosy Palm and her 5 step-sisters” line might not be as common as I thought, as I apparently made you think I was accusing you of doing drugs. Lol. Other variations that “Rosy Palm” beat out – “Give it a tug” and “A little 5 against 1″

RightWinged on February 17, 2007 at 5:19 PM

Julie Roginsky is a hater, not a debater. …
Connie on February 17, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Jaibones on February 17, 2007 at 10:48 AM

I think you’ve put your finger on something here. The Dems notice that some of the best conservative spokespersons are attractive females and say, “A-ha! Let’s do that!” But MM and Coulter weren’t affirmative-action hires — they earned their shots because they’ve got chops. Silly liberals can’t compete …

Ali-Bubba on February 17, 2007 at 5:57 PM

BTW: Those saying “MM needs her own show” are repeating something I’ve said directly to Bryan Preston, who informs me that MM doesn’t want her own show.

Understand that, as is, MM can appear on 3 or 4 different Fox shows weekly, just run down to the studio in DC when they call and do her thing. And then she still has time for columns, blogging, “Vent,” books and speeches. Hosting a regular TV show — that would nail her down to a full-time schedule and require her to talk about things she doesn’t really care about. I think she values her independence.

Ali-Bubba on February 17, 2007 at 6:03 PM

I need to get away from the Tv for awhiile because Julie looked like Chloe from ’24′.

allie on February 17, 2007 at 7:06 PM

Roginsky has spouted this before on other shows, same charge. Newsbusters has clips of it. It’s a tape. It plays in her head. She opens her mouth and words come out. No thought involved. P.S. I don’t think she she’s that cute, but then I’m a woman. What do I know.

Glynn on February 17, 2007 at 11:31 PM

Roginsky cute? Maybe in New Jersey. . . by Virginia standards, not even.

smellthecoffee on February 18, 2007 at 1:41 AM

I went over to the Edwards site and posted a few dozen comments. It was really interesting confronting the nutroots about their bizarre support for Amanda Marcotte. The general defense was, “well, the right wing does the same thing, e.g., Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin, etc.” I argued that they shouldn’t excuse their bad behavior by pointing at others (whom, of course, aren’t nearly the potty-mouthed haters as Ms. Marcotte is), but that they should aim higher. I was quite proud of my post that they should measure themselves not by comparison to their enemies, but to their heroes. No one bit on that, because they would much rather say nasty things about Republicans than say good things about each other.

I did, however, post some seriously obscene material there. When one air head said that “JRE” (how they refer to Edwards) was brilliant and wonderful, I asked what he had said to be brilliant and wonderful. No response, other than, ‘listen to him.’ I said, ‘post some quotes.’ Nothing. I said, “here are some real quotes from a great President.” I then — horrors! — quoted Ronald Reagan.

No response. I then said, if you don’t like Republican presidents, let’s compare JRE to a Democrat. I then posted JFK quotes. The last JFK quote I posted was about how he said he was a candidate who happened to be Catholic, as opposed to a Catholic candidate.

I was, of course, ignored on that one. What was really odd was that when they felt threatened, they posted recipes. That was their way of saying that I was a troll, because they were posting recipes to feed the troll. In their world, anyone who disagrees with the Leftist view of the world is a troll.

Watergate on February 18, 2007 at 1:46 AM

Ha Ha watergate. I saw that exchange. I don’t know why Edwards thinks it’s a good idea to let liberals run his blog. Just about every article they post is along the “I hate America” ideology. It’s funny to read the comments from first time visitors who shun Edwards based on the liberal agenda being presented. It’s basicly the same group of people now. They lost half their base when Edwards canned the Potty girls. the recipes are stupid but the song lyrics they sometimes post as a response to a comment that they can’t refute is hilarious.

Guardian on February 18, 2007 at 3:32 PM