246 congressman, 17 Republicans disapprove of sending 20,000 more troops to Iraq

posted at 4:55 pm on February 16, 2007 by Ian

The 17 turncoats:

1. Ron E. Paul (TX)
2. Thomas E. Petri (WI)
3. Bob Inglis (SC)
4. Jim Ramstad (MN)
5. Timothy V. Johnson (IL)
6. Walter Jones (NC)
7. Michael Castle (DE)
8. Ric Keller (FL)
9. Howard Coble (NC)
10. Mark S. Kirk (IL)
11. Steven C. LaTourette (OH)
12. Thomas M. Davis (VA)
13. Fred Upton (MI)
14. John J. Duncan (TN)
15. James T. Walsh (NY)
16. Philip S. English (PA)
17. Wayne Gilchrest (MD)

The Victory Caucus has contact information for all 17 Republicans who voted against the resolution.

I wish you all listened to WCBM (Baltimore) personality Tom Marr this morning. He railed against Rep. Gilchrest (R – MD) for a while.

Meanwhile, this should cheer you up:

Comments

The Dems might as well pass a non-binding resolution that says “Death to America.” Filth.

Enrique on February 16, 2007 at 5:01 PM

So, in other words. Bush is to blame for the war but the Dems will be to blame for defeat.

BobK on February 16, 2007 at 5:05 PM

I hear that the Jihadi websites are beside themselves with glee.I’ll have to take a look at them later.Of course, this won’t cause the Democrats lose any sleep.

tomk59 on February 16, 2007 at 5:09 PM

Great Vid. These people should be ashamed, aligning themselves with the yellow murthadog demoncats who have turned their backs on liberty and the soldiers in the field who fight for it. For what you ask? Of course, the answer is political expediency. Yes, in this day and age where the American public is largely made of american idol viewers haven’t the faintest idea of what the war on terror is about and the dangers future generations face, they sell the souls of our soldiers past and present, along with the future prosperity of the Iraqi people, and America’s continued safety at home to be liked, yes, “liked” by the likes of Sean Penn, Michael Moore and a host of other leftist subversives hiding in plain sight in the entertainment industry. History will remember their names.

RobertCSampson on February 16, 2007 at 5:13 PM

Well, hubby is again depressed by the Congress and their stupid “non-binding” gibberish. He heard from one of his friends who stayed on longer (he’s single & has his family’s blessings) that he felt betrayed. I think the Dems are pleased with themselves as well as the turncoats. I am ashamed of them all.

Catie96706 on February 16, 2007 at 5:14 PM

BobK – Correction, the Dems and 17 Republicans will be to blame for defeat.

Zetterson on February 16, 2007 at 5:15 PM

Ron Paul and Walter Jones are no surprise, they’ve always been a disgrace. It’s good to know who else among the Republican ranks feel comfortable stabbing American troops in the back, and i hope their constitueints send them packing next election.

forged rite on February 16, 2007 at 5:17 PM

“We dare not forget today that we are the heirs of that first revolution. Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans — born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace, proud of our ancient heritage, and unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights to which this nation has always been committed, and to which we are committed today at home and around the world.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

This much we pledge — and more.”

John F. Kennedy: Inaugural Address

darwin on February 16, 2007 at 5:18 PM

Dear Congress:

The Soldier’s Creed:
I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States and
live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.

Im sure the Marines, Bluejackets and Airdales have a similar creed. Too bad Congress doesn’t.

Limerick on February 16, 2007 at 5:19 PM

My letter to Ron Paul:

I am in disbelief that you would cast a vote opposing the troop surge. You obviously have no idea of the kind of weakness you are helping to project to our enemies. I’m glad I’m not in your district. Becuase you most assuredly do not represent me. Pitiful.

BirdEye on February 16, 2007 at 5:20 PM

See what 50 years will do.

Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.
1956 – Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack’s rifle, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.
2006 – School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.
++++++++++++++++++++++
Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.
1956 – Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.
2006 – Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Scenario: Jeffrey won’t be still in class, disrupts other students.
1956 – Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.
2006 – Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his father’s car and his Dad gives him a whipping.
1956 – Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.
2006 – Billy’s Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy’s sister is told by state psychologist that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy’s mom has affair with psychologist.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some headache medicine to school.
1956 – Mark shares headache medicine with Principal out on the smoking dock.
2006 – Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.
1956 : Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.
2006 : Pedro’s cause is taken up by state democratic party. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro’s English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can’t speak English.
+++++++++++++++++++++
Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed .
1956 – Ants die.
2006 – BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny’s Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.
+++++++++++++++++++++
Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary, hugs him to comfort him.
1956 – In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing.
2006 – Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Is something wrong here????

there it is on February 16, 2007 at 5:20 PM

Tools.

Mortis on February 16, 2007 at 5:22 PM

That video at once inspired and saddened me. Inspired by how great we can be and saddened that there may be fewer and fewer people left who understand the crossroads this country is at. I fear 9-11 has become something for the history books and these 246 idiots holding office are paving the way for future “catastrophic” attacks against this once great nation. I fear we have lost our way.

b4itsover on February 16, 2007 at 5:25 PM

Any Democrats voted against it?

BJ on February 16, 2007 at 5:27 PM

2……one in MS(TAYLOR), on in GA(MARSHALL)

Limerick on February 16, 2007 at 5:28 PM

Turncoats? Since when does loyalty to a political party trump representing one’s constituency? I don’t agree with their vote at all, but towing the party line should be the exception, not the rule.

NPP on February 16, 2007 at 5:31 PM

OK…. Crusader is a dirty word…

But it just struck me as I watched a preview of “The 300″…

Persia was where???

Will it take a new set of Spartans to stop the New Persian Empire?

Romeo13 on February 16, 2007 at 5:31 PM

Romeo 13 — yeah, their called the United States Marine Corps.

tomk59 on February 16, 2007 at 5:38 PM

To be fair to Ron Paul, he opposed the war on principle from the time it was being discussed back in 2002. He’s more a big-L Libertarian masquerading as a Repulican than an actual Republican.

I don’t know how any of the others voted on the original resolution.

Mark V. on February 16, 2007 at 5:38 PM

Everyone remember the name of the turncoat in their state. I myself am not in the district to vote against Ron Paul, but I can damn sure contribute money to whomever runs against him in ’08. WORSE than scum.

thebookkeeper on February 16, 2007 at 5:38 PM

Ron Paul is from the Galveston area. Looks like South Padre Island area won’t get any of my vacation bucks for awhile.

Limerick on February 16, 2007 at 5:42 PM

Sean Hannity around 4:15 or so, mentioned several Republicans who ought to be applauded for voting. These Republican were in states where they were narrowly elected. Sean said they had the courage to stand up. I know one was Chris Shays of CT another person from New Mexico etc. Sorry to not give credit where credit is due.

StuLongIsland on February 16, 2007 at 5:43 PM

I’m sure the terrorists appreciate the support of the 246 gutless cowards who voted in favor of stabbing our military in the back. Apparently they’ve forgotten that they were elected to serve the American people rather than Al-qaeda. But you can bet that al-Zawahiri’s next diatribe will include a personal “thank you” for being such good dhimmis.

ReubenJCogburn on February 16, 2007 at 5:45 PM

Sorry Padre…it is Matagorda that is in the 14th…my mistake.

Limerick on February 16, 2007 at 5:45 PM

NPP on February 16, 2007 at 5:31 PM

And how do you know how their specific constituency feels? Have you traveled to all 17 districts and talked to everyone? Do you have polls specific to their districts?

forged rite on February 16, 2007 at 5:45 PM

Wow, only seventeen. I thought for sure it would be more than that. In a weird way, it’s almost comforting to know that the Democrats are in power. These numbers tell me that the Republicans wouldn’t have hesitated for a moment to rubber stamp a trip to Iran. They just never learn. We may as well swear Hillary in now, because it’s over.

John on February 16, 2007 at 5:46 PM

God bless the Gipper. We need him now.

fulhamfc on February 16, 2007 at 5:47 PM

The list of people who will be in Republican Primarys Next time they run for office.

1. Ron E. Paul (TX)
2. Thomas E. Petri (WI)
3. Bob Inglis (SC)
4. Jim Ramstad (MN)
5. Timothy V. Johnson (IL)
6. Walter Jones (NC)
7. Michael Castle (DE)
8. Ric Keller (FL)
9. Howard Coble (NC)
10. Mark S. Kirk (IL)
11. Steven C. LaTourette (OH)
12. Thomas M. Davis (VA)
13. Fred Upton (MI)
14. John J. Duncan (TN)
15. James T. Walsh (NY)
16. Philip S. English (PA)
17. Wayne Gilchrest (MD)

StuLongIsland on February 16, 2007 at 5:49 PM

If this weren’t so serious it would be comical. Is there possibly a more sure-fire gameplan for defeat than to air our disagreements in the most public of ways, while our troops are still in harm’s way? Absolutely disgusting.

conservator on February 16, 2007 at 5:51 PM

turncoats?

first of all, sending 20,000 additional troops is the dumbest idea in a serious of abhorrently dumb ideas. the only way to win this war is to use extreme overwhelming force with hundreds of thousands of more troops. secondly, the “hearts and minds” strategy should have been abandoned after the first year. (thank God Rummy was finally fired. I was probably the first republican blogger to call for it.) third, this move is, unfortunately, a purely political one given that it has zero chance to succeed. Fourth, the military has yet to be properly armored, so until that happens I have no confidence in this president… at least not anymore.

20,000 = nothing.
If the president is serious about establishing a stable Iraq, he would stop giving tired speeches about good vs. evil and do something. DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

People are dying and this is what I have to hear about. some weak troop surge and a bunch of democrats wasting time with non-binding resolutions.

Where is the leader that I thought I voted for?!? Where are the real Republicans?????

Opinionnation on February 16, 2007 at 5:51 PM

Is that the great Ron Paul at the top of the list!?

amerpundit on February 16, 2007 at 5:51 PM

The libs and the Donks have been moaning for 3 1/2 years that Iraq is Vietnam. Ironically, it is their actions and lack of support for the troops and the mission that will ensure that the whole things turns into another Viet Nam. Can you say “ethnic cleansing”….

Mallard T. Drake on February 16, 2007 at 5:52 PM

It’s time to begin the campaign for the defeat of the disgusting 17. If these bums want to behave like liberal Democrats then let’s send them packing.

rplat on February 16, 2007 at 5:52 PM

Again, guys, try to filter out those who are actually remaining ideologically consistent from those who are just trying to cover their sorry asses now.

Mark V. on February 16, 2007 at 5:52 PM

I called Congressman LaTourettes’ office and asked how he can square his vote against his websites link on troop support.
The young lady who took my call said well the congresscritter (my words not hers) had may positions. When I asked what garnering demoncrat votes had to do with supporting the troops and his vote on surrender she wa at a loss other than to tell me she’d let the congresscritter know I called.

Jarhead on February 16, 2007 at 5:55 PM

Mark Kirk will be getting a note from me – as I am in IL. Not that he will care or respond. He really burns me up. No problem running around touting his Navy Reserve credentials when he felt it was popular up on the North Shore – now, this…

Unprincipled, I’d say.

major john on February 16, 2007 at 5:58 PM

There are 150,000 asses that need covering. I don’t care if these people came from Paisleyville or Nukemallville…all 246 are chickenslicks. If they don’t like the frakkin war I don’t CARE. Not one little bit. I’m tired of compromise, temporize, theorize. There are men and women out there who are counting on us at home. We just sent them vaseline. Makes me real proud it does.

Limerick on February 16, 2007 at 5:59 PM

Then there was the story of the guy who finally agreed to carry the rattlesanke across the stream after the snake assured him several times that he had no reason to bite him. Of course, after he was across the snake immediately bite him. The snakes response? “You KNEW I was a snake when you picked me up”.

This is one of those days in American history that will have to be lived down by us all. We didn’t do enough to stop these traitors.

csdeven on February 16, 2007 at 6:02 PM

1956 – In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

there it is on February 16, 2007 at 5:20 PM

You left out the ending …

Running is outlawed on school grounds during recess and eventually recess is outlawed all-together.

Gregor on February 16, 2007 at 6:03 PM

That is at least $2.6 million wasted to accomplish nothing.

Casey on February 16, 2007 at 6:07 PM

You can still be a conservative and oppose the “surge” as ill-advised.

Valiant on February 16, 2007 at 6:21 PM

My note to my rep, Emanuel Cleaver of Missouri’s Fifth Congressional District.

I’m writing to congratulate you on your cowardice and total contempt for the United States, the United States military, and the American people by voting for the worthless non-binding resolution titled “Disapproving of the decision of the President announced on January 10, 2007, to deploy more than 20,000 additional United States combat troops to Iraq.”

Mr. Cleaver, your behavior is reprehensible. You are siding with radical, anti-American Leftists who have no desire to see this country succeed in Iraq, as well as in the entire War on Terror.

That fact that Democrats didn’t actually do anything with this resolution is telling. Why didn’t they vote on a bill to strip funding from the U.S. military and the Iraq War? Wouldn’t that achieve their goal of getting the troops home now? I know how excited Cindy Sheehan and her ilk would be if that happened. They’d waste no time in rushing to the airports so they could spit on our troops as they arrive home.

The answer is simple. The Democrat party is full of cowards who always claim they are on the side of America and America’s military, but never miss a chance to denounce and demoralize both.

Shame on you, Mr. Cleaver.

pencilnub on February 16, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Copperheads is the proper name.

Too.
Mad.
To.
Continue.

Limerick on February 16, 2007 at 6:23 PM

You can still be a conservative and oppose the “surge” as ill-advised.

Valiant on February 16, 2007 at 6:21 PM

How?

What’s the alternative?
The only complaint I have is that “the surge” should have happened the first week of the war.

Gregor on February 16, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Excuse the mistype in my previous comment… I wrote a little too fast.

Opinionnation on February 16, 2007 at 6:24 PM

Opinionnation on February 16, 2007 at 5:51 PM

Tancredo and Gingrich. They’re about all that’s left.

Gregor on February 16, 2007 at 6:33 PM

Michelle has outed the RMSP in the past.

Most of those listed are current and longstanding members.

normsrevenge on February 16, 2007 at 6:34 PM

Let it be said, of those who voted for the resolution ….

They support our enemy’s troops.

fogw on February 16, 2007 at 6:40 PM

Limerick on February 16, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Amen.
Now all we need is another Lincoln. Cause he reounded up all the Copperheads, had them arrested, and deported them to the Confederacy!

mrfixit on February 16, 2007 at 6:43 PM

man, I cant type for sh@t today

sorry

mrfixit on February 16, 2007 at 6:43 PM

Our troops shouldn’t be there… but don’t bring them home. I’ll get blamed for that.

Instead, just don’t help the ones that are there. Maybe slowly cut off funding, or troops, or something. Eventually the ones left there will die, or desert, or get called home. In any case, we’ll eventually lose.

Then we’ll be out without me having to stand up and say how I actually feel.

And the only cost is our Troops, our Nations reputation, and our Military morale. Weigh that against my political ambition, and it’s no contest.

- valid quote of thoughts from any of the people voting for a retarded “non-binding” declaration and approving Murtha’s “slow bleed” policy.

gekkobear on February 16, 2007 at 6:47 PM

A link to give the turncoats a peice of your mind

abinitioadinfinitum on February 16, 2007 at 6:48 PM

There are no real men and women in Washington. Only sissies and narcissists.

Entelechy on February 16, 2007 at 7:06 PM

Like it or not, we are going to have to fight these terrorists, now or later. All the Dems are accomplishing is condemning our grandchildren to having to fight these despots once they have gotten even stronger, resulting in even more bloodshed.

Pelosi can bragg about her grandchildren at her ordination, but it will be ours fighting and dying, if freedom is ever to reign again.

To all the Republicans who stayed home in 2006 because you were ticked off at the party, thank you. You will have blood on your hands as well.

LewWaters on February 16, 2007 at 7:24 PM

Oh, I though that Bush DIDN’T send enough troops to Iraq, I thought that was a MAJOR argument against BUSH.

But now it ISN’T.

Oh, ok, I see how things work.

As usual, liberals are completely full of hundreds of gallons of bullshit.

benrand on February 16, 2007 at 7:37 PM

OK…. Crusader is a dirty word…

Says who?

I liked Virgil Goode’s rant. Go Goode!

Connie on February 16, 2007 at 7:38 PM

Rick Keller (R, Florida) was on a local conservative talk show yesterday during the afternoon drive time. He was talking to Bud Heddinger on 540 WFLA for anyone who cares.

Bud is a solid conservative and former local TV news anchor. He has been a big help to Rick in the past by having him as a frequent guest. Actually, Rick Keller has been a very popular guest on all the local talk radio shows. Until now, he had a solid reputation as a well-liked conservative. He is humorously referred to as “cheeseburger Rick” due to his sponsorship of a bill limiting class-action lawsuits against fast food companies (to protect them from the kind of lawsuits experienced by tobacco companies).

During the broadcast, Rick Keller said he was “voting his conscience.” The host was dismayed and expressed his disappointment numerous times. Callers were furious. Later on in the show, Bud announced that he had never seen so much e-mail in such a short time — and running 20-to-1 against Rick.

This was also the subject of quite a bit of talk at my workplace today. Rick is the sole Florida Republican to sign up to this disgraceful resolution.

He can kiss his seat goodbye the next time he runs. I will vote for a Democrat before I vote for him, and I have heard many comments to that effect both at work and on talk radio. A Democrat will have the virtue of not lying to us in the campaign about supporting the troops. I can take an honest bleeding liberal over Turncoat Rick any day.

Yup, the nickname has already started. It’s no longer “cheeseburger Rick,” but “Turncoat Rick.”

Anton on February 16, 2007 at 7:41 PM

246 turds in the punch bowl does not sell punch.

Wade on February 16, 2007 at 7:51 PM

Too angry to comment.
don’t want to get banned…

-Wasteland Man

WastelandMan on February 16, 2007 at 7:52 PM

My Congressman is one of the turncoats (Keller-FL8). He promised to term-limit himself to four terms, and this is supposed to be the last one. With this vote, he just ensured that this is his final term. Primarymania!

Kid from Brooklyn on February 16, 2007 at 7:56 PM

Steady as she goes ladies and gentlemen. Now is not the time to let the steam escape your ears, but to reflect on how to ditch the RINOs and turn this to our advantage. Being in Ohio, and having contributed some resources to the Party in the past, I have already started the ball rolling on Steve LaTourette never seeing ANOTHER DAMNED DIME OF MY HARD-EARNED MONEY!!

Ahem.

Relax, be vigilant, and above all….be vengeful….

Leftist bastards…..

HerrMorgenholz on February 16, 2007 at 8:06 PM

Good lord… All you people need to lighten up. 1. This is (beleive it or not) not the ends of the world, and 2. The surge is still going to happen anyway. And yes, it is entirely possible to not support the surge and still be a conservative. There are so many other issues to take into consideration besides Iraq. And honestly, I’m tired of hearing about the troops this and the troops that. Because when most people say “troops” what they really mean is “Bush”. And Bush has turned his back on every true conservative that was ever dumb enough to vote for him, myself included. Not supporting every little aspect of Bush’s war doesn’t mean you want soldiers to die. In fact, it’s more the opposite.

John on February 16, 2007 at 8:30 PM

OK, so how do we charge two hundred and some-odd CongressCreeps with treason?

United States Constitution, Article III, Section 3, paragraph 1:

Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

Rusty Bill on February 16, 2007 at 8:37 PM

Wow! What a great video! The need for unity and agressive confrontation of the agressor is so well said!

The words from FDR and Regan are so true then as much as today. What a spectacular video.

omegaram on February 16, 2007 at 9:13 PM

Glad to see my Rep is not on the list of RINO traitors (and I live in CA!)

infidel4life on February 16, 2007 at 9:16 PM

I am in walter jones district in NC. I am ashamed to be represented by him. He has changed in recent years. He has lost my support forever with this disgraceful episode. What makes this even more disgusting, is the fact that MCAS Cherry Point is in his district. He has betrayed every Marine on the base, and the ones currently deployed. I will be contacting the local GOP office and find out who will be running against him. Time to get to work is NOW!!!!

still468 on February 16, 2007 at 9:17 PM

when most people say “troops” what they really mean is “Bush”.

John on February 16, 2007 at 8:30 PM

Not at all my friend, not at all. Thinking people do know the difference.

infidel4life on February 16, 2007 at 9:20 PM

How?

What’s the alternative?

The alternatives are to send in a real surge of much more than 20,000 troops or defund the occupation and bring them home. Washington does not have the gonads for either option.

Valiant on February 16, 2007 at 10:00 PM

Every one of these miserable whiners who voted in favor of this non-binding stunt should listen to FDR’s speech about “negotiated peace” – then either come up with an alternative plan for victory or get the **** out of my country.

SpartRan on February 16, 2007 at 10:02 PM

So a bunch of treasonous democrats disagree with Bush.

Anything else new?

JackM on February 16, 2007 at 10:04 PM

Venezuela is going down the road that leads to hyper-inflation which will probably mean violence on a continental scale.
Then there is Iraq, Iran, and North Korea, and don’t ignore China, and a reinvograted Russia. Europe has forgotten their history. History is no longer taught in the United States, apparently. Economics certainly isn’t.

Meanwhile, Saturday, John Connyers is speaking at an anti-war rally. Comments on The Detroit Free Press forum, for and against, are vicious. The democrats are raising troops for civil war which will be avoided only if the conservatives throw up their hands and surrender.

Have a nice day.

rockhauler on February 16, 2007 at 10:09 PM

If I was a congressman, I’d want assurances from Bush that he will fight tooth and nail at home the same way he expects our troops to fight on the battlefield in Iraq before I would agree to a surge.

That means executing traitors. I don’t think Bush is up to it and I think that ultimately means a bad outcome.

Perchant on February 16, 2007 at 10:09 PM

I think I’m more pissed that they spent all week on this useless, non-binding resolution on the taxpayers dime.

Way to go! How many illegals slipped waltzed across the broder while The House was busy raising the morale of terrorist scum?

reaganaut on February 16, 2007 at 10:17 PM

I’m against the surge too if it means playing pattycake with Al-Qaeda and associated goons. If we can send them over there to kick butt, I’m all for it. But the lousy ROE won’t let us do the job.

jaleach on February 16, 2007 at 10:39 PM

My old congresman-Jerry Weller(R-IL) wasn’t one of the turncoats…however since June I’ve lived in Russ *spit* Carnahan’s district in the St. Louis ‘burbs.
I thought by moving to MO we’d finally get to live in a red state-sadly I’ve found that St. Louis County is more like Chicago lite.
too pissed(sorry for sounding unlady-like) to say more.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 16, 2007 at 10:43 PM

Is something wrong here????

there it is on February 16, 2007 at 5:20 PM

That was great, and I’m old enough to know how true it is.

Connie on February 17, 2007 at 12:35 AM

“You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.” -Trotsky

Limerick on February 17, 2007 at 12:59 AM

Apparently some D.C. veterinarian put something really binding around the testicular region of 246 Dems and 17 Repubs.

(I forget what you call it for gelding rams but in Congress I think they call it a ‘moral victory.)

profitsbeard on February 17, 2007 at 1:15 AM

Valiant on February 16, 2007 at 10:00 PM

I can agree with that first part. I do think this surge is still far too little.

Gregor on February 17, 2007 at 1:51 AM

A new civil war is now almost inevitable. Red vs Blue. And unlike our previous Civil War, it won’t be fought over “states rights” or “union,” but *WHO* controls America: Liberals (Democrat and Republican traitors) or conservatives. Believe it or not, WE (the “red counties”) OUTNUMBER THEM.

WE control the food supply.

Almost all of America’s military bases ARE IN OUR COUNTIES.

The food distribution network (i.e., the railroads and interstate highways) run though RED counties, not blue.

The nation’s electrical power generation facilities are almost all sited in RED counties, not blue.

By an overwhelming majority, the members of the military are “red” not “blue.”

Most “blue” states have a preponderance of “Red” counties, but are only blue because of the size of their blue cities.

We could, if we wanted to, cut off and isolate the blue cities

It is only a matter of time before our side revolts against the Democratic Party controlled Congress. Hopefully, at the ballot box in 2008. I do sense an impending backlash. The Democrats crossed the line with this. America did NOT elect them to cause defeat in Iraq.

georgej on February 17, 2007 at 2:57 AM

My eyes are too tired. Has anyone cross checked this list of RiNOs to see which ones are up for re-election in ’08? I’d be willing to be it’s all of them.

As for Ron Paul, I haven’t ever counted him as a Republican. As someone pointed out very early, he is very much a Libertarian. You can’t win on that ticket in this part of TX though.

SailorDave on February 17, 2007 at 9:56 AM

My eyes are too tired. Has anyone cross checked this list of RiNOs to see which ones are up for re-election in ‘08? I’d be willing to be it’s all of them.

SailorDave on February 17, 2007 at 9:56 AM

Well the good news is you are right, they are all up for re-election. The bad news is all representatives have to run every 2 years, a fact apparently new to you?

Add to the list of people who disagree with the surge Generals Pace, Casey and Abizaid. Traitors all I guess.

honora on February 17, 2007 at 10:03 AM

WE control the food supply.

Almost all of America’s military bases ARE IN OUR COUNTIES.

By an overwhelming majority, the members of the military are “red” not “blue.”

We could, if we wanted to, cut off and isolate the blue cities

georgej on February 17, 2007 at 2:57 AM

First, you have lost your mind.

Second, I don’t think you want to go down the path of comparing the relative merits of blue and red states.

Guess which states are net contributors to the federal treasury? Guess which are net recepients?

Yes red states have more highways and military bases and farms: a whole lotta space. However if you have an interest in other things, consider a blue state:

Education: all Ivy League schools and 7 sisters; USNews university rankings: 9 of 10. (Duke being the exception) Top states of % with college degree: 8 of 10, blue.

Income: 7 of 10; (bottom 10: 9 are red states) top Fortune 10: 7 or 10 are hq’d in blue states

Health: Life expectancy? 8 of top 10 are blue states (8 of bottom 10 are red). Top hospitals: 8 of 10 are in blue states, and that’s putting the Cleveland Clinic in a red state.

Quality of life: most dangerous place to live (personal crime victim %) 7 of top 10 are red. Culture? top 10 orchestras in the US, 8 of 10 in blue states (again counting the Clvd Orchestra as a red state).

More to the point, if you combine the Dems and those you refer to as “RINOs” how in the world do you get anywhere near a majority?

honora on February 17, 2007 at 11:01 AM

honora on February 17, 2007 at 11:01 AM

Clarification: how do you (as a conservative) get anywhere near a majority for conservatives. Sorry.

honora on February 17, 2007 at 12:35 PM

I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States and
live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I am an American Soldier.

Hoo-ah.

Can you imagine this type of democrat during WWII? They’re traitors.

The biggest problem they have will be when Iraq stabilizes and we put it in the win column. Oh, yah, then they’ll just take credit for the victory. How silly of me.

Mojave Mark on February 17, 2007 at 12:54 PM

Quote to good to pass up: Victor Davis Hanson, “The Democratic Party reminds me of the Republicans circa 1965 or so—impotent, shrill, no ideas, conspiratorial, reactive, out-of-touch with most Americans, isolationist, and full of embarrassing spokesmen.”

Timber Wolf on February 17, 2007 at 5:08 PM

Honora:

First you are full of crap, as usual.

Second you display the typical hatred and elitism of liberals for conservatives.

Third, you have NO IDEA how much your fellow citizens who live in “fly over” country resent your feelings toward them — with complete justification, by the way.

Let’s address some of your vapid points….

As for the “blue state” universities and the “Ivy League,” they are NOTHING but overpriced leftwing cauldrons of HATRED for America and middle class values.

This is where politically correct was born.

This is where they cheered and applauded the strike on New York City and the Pentagon on 9/11/01.

This is where tuition costs — to keep the pampered princes of leftwing academia in their perfumed delight — are the highest in the country; where the annual increases in tuition are TRIPLE that of inflation.

This is where they give FULL RIDE SCHOLARSHIPS to former members of the Taliban, while American kids go begging (or go deeply and massively in debt).

This is where the INTOLERANCE of people with opposing views are celebrated; where they PHYSICALLY ASSAULT conservatives and Republicans when they come to speak to the students. This is where “free speech” is only free to LEFTWING speakers, and never to the right.

As for crime, when expressed as the rate per 100,000, Red States have consistently lower crime rates than blue states, according to FBI’s Uniform Crime Report and the analysis by John Lott and Gary Kleck . Stop lying using Handgun Control, Inc (oops, they now call themselves the Brady Organization) faux numbers.

Higher blue state income is countered by HIGHER BLUE STATE TAXES and HIGHER BLUE STATE GOVERNMENTAL CORRUPTION. NO surprise here — every big city in the country is run by corrupt, tax and spend, DEMOCRATS. In addition, to being the highest TAXING states, the highest HOUSING COSTS, the HIGHEST FOOD COSTS, the HIGHEST COST OF LIVING occurs ONLY in the Blue states. The lowest cost of living occurs in red states.

Further, it is the BLUE STATES reps in Congress that tell the farmer and the rancher how to run their businesses and live their lives with their very stupid, BLUE STATE ORIGINATED environmental laws. It is the BLUE STATES in Congress that have told the farmer and rancher that if their roads wash out, they cannot be rebuilt because it might offend some little known so-called “endangered” species. It is the BLUE STATES in Congress that told the people of Klamath Valley that their water rights were null and void, despite the drought and the bogus “endangered” salmon claims.

But don’t ask two certain BLUE STATE SENATORS and a certain blue-balled (er, blue state) resident former CBS newscaster to allow floating windmills off the coast of Martha’s Vineyard — why it just might ruin their view.

And and while I’m on the subject, let’s not forget the AIR POLLUTION calls the Blue states: “Home.”

Finally….

Try looking at the election results by COUNTY. Almost every rural and most suburban counties in America VOTE RED, not blue, even in the “blue” states. The crime ridden, tax consuming, lousy public schooled, highly taxed, big-budgeted corruptly governed, welfare collecting citizens in the BIG CITIES are the only reasons why WI, MN, IL and others are “blue” and not “red.” Because in the big cities, the DEAD always vote DEMOCRATIC.

You liberals have no idea how much you are resented and how much the rest of middle America hates what you have done to this country. This bitter divide between us WAS CAUSED BY LIBERALS AND DEMOCRATS. It was caused by court decisions from “activist” judges. It was caused by openly biased, hate-driven screeds from the “MSM.” It was caused by continual coarsening of our culture and our values — by LIBERALS in the entertainment industry.

And it is continued by the continuing disrepect of liberals towards their rural-living cousins — who are conservatives.

The name calling STARTED with you people. The defamation, the blood libel started with your side in 1994. The use of the word “Nazi” and “goosestepper” originated with your side against my side. Your side repeatedly screamed that Republicans were going to murder the poor and the elderly by reforming welfare. Your side always plays the race card. Your side plays the class warfare card, too.

But here is the best part, from my perspective: We outnumber you. And your side knows it. People like me who live in “blue” states are moving to red states, and we’re taking our congressional seats with us. So, your side is going to have to start your putsch pretty soon because the inevitability of history is on mine.

As I said, the next civil war is almost inevitable. The divide between us is too bitter. Your side will almost certainly start it, probably after the 2008 eelection. Your side has already overreached itself, and you’ve only been in power a month and a half.

And when your liberal pals feel the reins of power slipping away, they’ll do what they always do — take to the streets. Scream that the vote was fixed (like it was fixed in 2006, right?).

The media will be there, too, going balls to the wall, stiring up hatred of conservatives and Republicans as they usually do. Let’s face it, civility is NOT liberalism’s strong point.

Whether I want a civil war (I don’t) is unimportant. It’s going to happen. Your side will start it. Your side will lose. Your side will want to eat and have electricity. My side will be controlling them.

georgej on February 18, 2007 at 4:52 AM