Video: “Cavalry scout” dips his bullets in pork

posted at 5:27 pm on February 8, 2007 by Allahpundit

Well, actually, Spam. But close enough.

The “cavalry scout” bit is how it’s being advertised at LiveLeak. How they know he’s legit, I’ve no idea. Do most cavalry scouts wear big honkin’ gold rings and sound like Harland Williams trying to do a Brooklyn accent?

No matter. The mere possibility is probably enough to give St. Sully chest pains.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The M-16 family of small arms are jam-prone, even when new/clean. Why coat a round with a sand-magnet? Stupid is an understatement.

Crusader on February 9, 2007 at 12:15 PM

Its a good thing Muslims aren’t afraid of glue, then we really would be in a sticky situation. sarc/ There it goes, blasted thing has been stuck all day.

BohicaTwentyTwo on February 9, 2007 at 12:59 PM

Good for a laugh, and his hearts in the right place, but I’ve had a cook-off which blew my upper receiver to shreds because I thought I knew better than the Co armorer when it came to the cleaning (tide & gasoline)and lubing (10W-30) products which should be used on my weapon. I was a dumb cherry at the time, so, maybe this dope is too.

Alden Pyle on February 9, 2007 at 1:54 PM

After giving my eyes a good rest, I can see now that it IS a finger brace or something like that, not a piece of jewelery.

That still doesn’t mean that the video was done by a real Cavalry trooper in a real war zone though. (If it is, God help him if the brass are able to track him down.)

LegendHasIt on February 9, 2007 at 6:11 PM

Some of you might want to consider that it would only take a single fatwa saying that you don’t go to hell if an infidel shoots you with spam to defuse this issue. I enjoyed the video as much as anyone, but let’s not kid ourselves. The jihadis wouldn’t give us the deciding vote on their eternal destiny. Religious people are not necessarily idiots, even if they believe in a crazy religion.

JackOfClubs on February 9, 2007 at 9:59 PM

I might note here that I heard a story of something similar happening in the filippines during an Islamist insurrection in the early part of the 20th century.

Several rebels were caught by the U.S. forces, and the commander in charge lined them up in a firing squad. The soldiers dipped their bullets in pig fat and shot all the prisoners except one – who was allowed to escape.

End of insurrection.

Natrium on February 10, 2007 at 1:52 PM

Oh…and by the way, Jihadi, since Allah will cast you into hell, the virgins will be no consolation either because as homely as they are, the few they have left don’t dig on swine either. … If our guys need a morale boost from doing this, I might give a sewer rat’s @$$ when those scum put on a uniform and behave in accordance with the Geneva Convention. Until then… LET THEM EAT PORK!

seejanemom on February 9, 2007

I love you hunnybunny… :-)

RD on February 10, 2007 at 2:37 PM

FM 27-10 The Law of Land Warfare
Chapter 2 Section III

It is especially forbidden * * * to employ arms, projectiles, or material calculated to cause unnecessary suffering. (HR, art. 23, par. (e).)

BohicaTwentyTwo on February 9, 2007 at 10:04 AM

In the afterlife??

I didn’t realize these important documents were to be interpreted in such an existential manner.

Unless we’re concerned with the “what-ifs” of someone living but later dying (or suffering) from an infection or inflammation caused by pork fat, one of the more antiseptic and beneficial wound-healing compounds known to man.

RD on February 10, 2007 at 3:15 PM

…pork fat, one of the more antiseptic and beneficial wound-healing compounds…

Sorry, I meant to say “non-septic”. Though it isn’t a natural antiseptic like honey, when rendered properly it isn’t particularly septic or toxic, and was used in wound or burn dressings in the past (typically combined with other healing ingredients).

RD on February 10, 2007 at 6:47 PM