Audio: Levin crushes Olbermann Update: Audio of my Mark Levin call

posted at 11:23 am on February 6, 2007 by Ian

If you know Mark Levin, you know what you’re in for. If not, consider this your mild content warning.

Johnny Dollar has audio at Olbermann Watch and writes this about Levin’s “scathing” response to Olbermann:

The entire first hour was a blistering response to Krazy Keith, almost certainly the most scathing, devastating denunciation of the discredited sports guy that has ever aired. And we have the audio for your listening pleasure.

There is just one tiny correction I would offer to The Great One: he’s not the first to return fire to Olbermann, Michelle did it In November and boy did she return fire.

More analysis from our friend Noel Sheppard at Newsbusters.

Update: Levin has debated liberals many times. Here’s one example. He also debated Bob Beckel, video I posted on my old site which at the moment is down.

Update: Keith sez he ain’t “politically biased.” Ha. Ha. Ha.

Update: Johnny Dollar posted audio of me calling in to the Mark Levin show about Michelle’s response to Olbermann’s attack on her last year.

Comments

Mark Levin is the funniest conservative talk show host on the air. He uses a “Jerky Boys” style dialogue when taking phone calls, and delivers powerful commentary on conservative issues.

He’s sharp as nails, and funny as hell.

My favorite line, straight from Jerky Boys, “GET OFF THE PHONE!” when he tires of a caller.

Vincenzo on February 6, 2007 at 11:29 AM

Down goes Olberman! Down goes Olberman!

Defector01 on February 6, 2007 at 11:32 AM

I love Levin because he’s harsh and accurate. Olbermann is an easy target… Buffoonery is easy to mock but I love it.

x95b10 on February 6, 2007 at 11:32 AM

Down goes Olberman! Down goes Olberman!

Defector01 on February 6, 2007 at 11:32 AM

Is that you, Howard (Cosell)?

Serioulsy, Levin vs. Olberman is like a peak George Foreman vs. a journyman featherweight – no contest whatsoever.

thirteen28 on February 6, 2007 at 11:48 AM

Hey Olby – good night and good luck, moron.

CP on February 6, 2007 at 11:52 AM

Keith Overbite … that’s funny.

Professor Blather on February 6, 2007 at 12:14 PM

It’s the little schadenfreudes that make life worthwhile.

locomotivebreath1901 on February 6, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Michelle’s Vent in November is perfect commentary then, and today. She accurately describes the Liberal and MSM’s methods to those that do not follow their poltical agenda.

I believe Olberman is receiving the kind of attention he deserves. Perhaps, however, we who do not agree with him should not fall to his level and respond with facts, rationale analysis, and objective critique but without sinking to personal attack. Olberman is crying for a “Hot Air Theatre” piece.

I have been guilty of lowering my standards when reference to the “Olberdouche”. That was a mistake. I should not let such a troll (a creature that is vile by nature and an accurate description)lead me to such response. We should not debase ourselves and sink to the level of such creatures.

A response to Olberman, presented with class and clear thinking such as a “Hot Air Theatre” would be an excellent method to respond to such as Olberman.

omegaram on February 6, 2007 at 12:39 PM

Levin crushes Olbermann

For one crazy minute there I thought this headline meant these two “pundits” actually went head to head. Alas, “crush” today means a one-sided diatribe. Call me when there is actual debate.

honora on February 6, 2007 at 1:35 PM

honora on February 6, 2007 at 1:35 PM

But I don’t know your number…

Keljeck on February 6, 2007 at 1:52 PM

Oh, please. AS IF…Olberman could really spit out a sentence in the face of the Great One!
(Not to mention the fact that how do you not look at anything but a guy’s crotch when you know he’s h*ng like a “thumbtack” and is “limp” and a boorish, lousy lover?! But then I’m a woman and I would say that…BWAHAHAHAHAHA)

Mark Levin is Da Bomb! Love him, love him, love him!

Jen the Neocon on February 6, 2007 at 2:23 PM

But I don’t know your number…

Keljeck on February 6, 2007 at 1:52 PM

You know how you see “For a good time, call…….” That’s me. BTW, doesn’t this guy have a striking resemblance to Billy Joel?

honora on February 6, 2007 at 2:40 PM

One could say that, with nominating Mark Levin as that day’s worst person of the world, Overbite won the coin toss and elected to receive. He fails to realize that he’s taking his mind, the equivalent of a little middle school squad, against the mind of Levin, more like the Colts. Receive, he has.

Methinks Overbite bit off a bit more than he could chew this time. He deserves all of what he received from The Great One, Michelle, and more. I wish I didn’t have to work tonight so I could tune into Mark Levin and hear how many emails he’s gotten!

flutejpl on February 6, 2007 at 2:48 PM

A bit lame. Overbite? MSLSD? “If you’ve had an unpleasant sexual experience, call us.” Bleh. Reminds me too much of Savage. Levin has done better with much less material.

spmat on February 6, 2007 at 2:49 PM

“Examoned him, threw-up, and sent him home”

I have to get a paper towel now to clean up the coffee I spit strait at my monitor. Now thats funny stuff.

Sammy316 on February 6, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Wow. That was freakin awesome.

I’ll have to find out if any of my local stations carry Mark Levin.

Jones Zemkophill on February 6, 2007 at 3:11 PM

“Examined”
sorry

Sammy316 on February 6, 2007 at 3:11 PM

Alas, “crush” today means a one-sided diatribe.

Do you really believe that Olbermann would appear on any show for a one on one debate? He would get his ass handed to him and he knows it.

RedinBlueCounty on February 6, 2007 at 3:39 PM

RedinBlueCounty on February 6, 2007 at 3:39 PM

When’s the last time this guy (Levin) appeared on “any show for a one on one debate?”

honora on February 6, 2007 at 3:44 PM

Total Access – Caller request how to provide employment verification.

He’s on Hannity and Colmes fairly regularly. He also blogs and is a contributor to NRO. Thats just a start.

ronsfi on February 6, 2007 at 4:21 PM

oops

ronsfi on February 6, 2007 at 4:22 PM

honora on February 6, 2007 at 3:44 PM

I think Levin asked either Thumbtack Keith or his spokesperson to be on his show and they didn’t reply.
And Mark isn’t running for President or any other office, so why should he debate anyone?
He’s got a terrific radio show and he’s written an awesome bestselling book, Men in Black.
I don’t want his wit and wisdom interrupted by anything, especially some Lib Dhim moron like Überdouche “debating” him!
Good grief! We have to listen to you Liberal Left *sshats and get your “point of view” on every TV channel, in every newspaper, in our movies and books and on some radio programs and now you want to cut down our little fragment of the media by making us “debate” the issues on our own fora (pl. of forum)?
Well, forget it!
As Mark would say, “Get off my phone, you big dope!”

Jen the Neocon on February 6, 2007 at 5:03 PM

Wow. That was freakin awesome.
I’ll have to find out if any of my local stations carry Mark Levin.

Jones Zemkophill on February 6, 2007 at 3:11 PM

TugboatPhil on February 6, 2007 at 7:27 PM

-spmat

I was thinking the same thing. I’m quite certain that Mark could have left out the adolescent banter and still made his point crystal clear.

Pilgrim on February 6, 2007 at 8:50 PM

Yeah, but that’s not his schtick. Anyone can play it boring/straight and hand Olbermann his hat. Levin has the sense to climb over that and go at his throat.

And Olberdouche doesn’t deserve any better, and certainly not reasoned argument from a constitutional lawyer. He’s a bad sports department news reader…all he deserves for his idiotic commentary is a verbal kick in the nuts.

Jaibones on February 6, 2007 at 10:58 PM

You can also listen online (for free) via the link above.

Ian on February 7, 2007 at 1:00 AM

honora on February 6, 2007 at 3:44 PM

Ask Alec Baldwin about that – poor Alec left because he couldn’t stand the heat.

Rick on February 7, 2007 at 1:21 AM

honora on February 6, 2007 at 3:44 PM

Better question – when was the last time Levin appeared in any debate?

MKR on February 7, 2007 at 2:35 AM

honora on February 6, 2007 at 3:44 PM

Mark Levin is the president of the Landmark Legal Foundation, and a constitutional attorney. He debates people quite regularly. His radio show is done for the same reason most radio shows are done, entertainment. He knows better than to speak as if he were in a formal debate or a courtroom while on the air, that wouldn’t draw well.

If all Dr. Levin had ever done in his life was his ongoing fight against bad law through LLF, then he’s served this country more and better than Clinton and Gore put together, in all their time in politics.

Better question – when was the last time Levin appeared in any debate?

Even better answer: Knowing that Dr. Levin loves to debate and to speak on issues, nobody from the left dares let him.

Freelancer on February 7, 2007 at 4:44 AM

Freelancer on February 7, 2007 at 4:44 AM

Thanks for the info. So he does debate people, just not people from the left, because they are all afraid of him?

PS, when did we start referring to a lawyer as “Doctor”?

honora on February 7, 2007 at 10:04 AM

Better question – when was the last time Levin appeared in any debate?

MKR on February 7, 2007 at 2:35 AM

Why don’t you or Honora call into his talk show and “debate” him?

Let us know what day you plan to call, so we can all listen at you humiliate yourself, and then we’ll all laugh at you and take turns reaming your stupid, lying, leftist butt the next day on Hot Air.

Do it for the Cheeeelllllddddrrrriiiiinnnneeee!

georgej on February 7, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Honora writes: “PS, when did we start referring to a lawyer as “Doctor”?”

He holds a J.D., Juris Doctor.

What is your level of educations?

georgej on February 7, 2007 at 10:19 AM

(1) Honora: He has a JD

(2) he is on Hannity & Colmes somewhat-often and has debated with Bob Beckel on at least two occasions.

(3) He allows libs on his show and then completely destroys them.

Ian on February 7, 2007 at 10:21 AM

Honora writes: “PS, when did we start referring to a lawyer as “Doctor”?”

He holds a J.D., Juris Doctor.

What is your level of educations?

georgej on February 7, 2007 at 10:19 AM

A JD is the first level law degree. Hillary Clinton holds the same degree–shall we start referring to her as Dr Clinton? This is nonsense. Even a JSD does not usually refer to himself as “Doctor”.

I have an MBA, and no, I don’t insist that people refer to me as “Master/Mistress” which would be the same thing.

honora on February 7, 2007 at 10:34 AM

Ah, this is RICH. Olberman has bought and paid for it – Now enjoy keithyboy! Hilarious!

warriorlawyer on February 7, 2007 at 10:35 AM

My you’re an angry, angry man. And so articulate!!

LOL

honora on February 7, 2007 at 11:26 AM

OMG, Levin incinerates Olberdouche. ROTFLMAO!

mcgilvra on February 7, 2007 at 12:19 PM

honora on February 6, 2007 at 3:44 PM

You didn’t answer the question so I’ll ask it again. Do you really believe that Olbermann would appear on any show for a one on one debate? Don’t try to deflect that question by bringing in a straw man.

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 1:10 PM

I also don’t think JD’s should use the honorific of Doctor, but since when do we refer holders of MBA’s as Master? Have you ever heard someone referred to as Master Johns for example? Maybe in a few English manorsor an S&M club, but I have never heard that honorific used in all of my 46 years.

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 1:22 PM

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 1:22 PM

We don’t refer to holders of MBAs or any master’s degree as “master”; the same as we don’t refer to a JD–the holder of jurist doctor degree as “doctor”. I believe we are saying the same thing.

honora on February 7, 2007 at 1:31 PM

Just to clarify, I believe the proper title of a JD should be Honorable as in The Honorable Mr. Levin or the The Honorable Mrs. Clinton, although the last may leave a bad taste in my mouth. :D

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 1:35 PM

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 1:10 PM

What straw man? Do you even know what that term means???

Secondly I did not respond to your question because the way you originally stated it:

I assumed it was a rhetorical question–what with you answering it as well as asking it.

My answer: I have no idea. I would guess not. He, like “Dr” Mark, enjoys hearing himself talk too much and has poor listening skills.

honora on February 7, 2007 at 1:35 PM

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 1:35 PM

I thought it was Esquire but I could be mistaken; what’s the feminine form of that? No idea.

honora on February 7, 2007 at 1:38 PM

I don’t think we are saying the same thing as someone may confuse a JD and a another type of Doctorate by using Doctor as a title for both, but no one will EVER use the title of Master as that title does not exist.

Yes, it’s all a matter of semantics, but there is a big different between the proper use of a know title and the supposed use of a title that doesn’t exist.

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 1:44 PM

Esquire works for me as well.

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 1:45 PM

What’s the feminine form of Doctor or Professor? There is none, just like Esquire. These title are used to depict a level of education and expertise and do not require any gender forms.That’s what Mr. Mrs. Miss. and Ms. are for.

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 1:49 PM

So you respond to a rhetorical question with one of your own?

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 1:49 PM

What straw man? Do you even know what that term means???

Oh let’s see, how about the straw man argument of your question concerning Levin and his debating on a show? You try to deflect the question of whether Olbermann would appear on a show for a debate by raising the question of whether some one else would debate on a show. I would call that a straw man argument. That may not be a proper definition of a straw man argument though, so you may define it as you wish.

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 2:08 PM

I’ll ask the question one more time, this time without any rhetorics: Do you really believe that Olbermann would appear on any show for a one on one debate?

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 2:09 PM

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 2:08 PM

Here’s another term for your consideration: tiresome. I have answered your question, for the love of God, let it go!

honora on February 7, 2007 at 2:10 PM

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Yo, heads up: my response is above, at 1:35PM. You may want to ruminate a bit on that “poor listening skills” notion. Lord.

honora on February 7, 2007 at 2:13 PM

So your answer is, you don’t know. Ok, thank you, I missed that. My apologizes.

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 2:21 PM

A JD is the first level law degree

Just for your information:
A JD in America is considered a First Professional Degree.

First-professional degrees AuD, DC, DCM, DDS, DMD, JD, MD (US), ND, OD, DO, PharmD, DP, PodD, DPM, MDiv, MHL, DVM

# First Professional degrees

First professional degrees are required for professional licensure or entrance to a specific career. These degrees require a bachelor’s degree for admission into the program, followed by three to four years of specialized study. Graduates often are called doctor and the degree program includes the word doctor.

So I guess anyone holding a JD could be called a doctor.

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 4:08 PM

So I guess anyone holding a JD could be called a doctor.

RedinBlueCounty on February 7, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Yes they could. The point is only really pompous asshole lawyers (JDs) would call themselves that. Does your attorney call himself “doctor”??? Does your pharmacist??

In our culture, “doctor” has come to mean primarily a physician, secondarily a PhD.

honora on February 7, 2007 at 4:51 PM