Video: Michelle tells O’Reilly, “Let a thousand Arkins bloom”

posted at 9:25 pm on February 5, 2007 by Allahpundit

Sunshine is, after all, the best disinfectant.

Congrats to the boss on managing to get a few words in edgewise tonight — a very, very few words — while the big O lectured her about the evils of NBC News. Charles tells me he’s uploading the clip of the intro segment, in which a Fox News producer confronted Arkin outside his home, as we speak; I’ll post a link to LGF once it’s available. You’ll also hear Bill refer late in the clip to a statement issued by NBC. FYI, it read in its entirety: “The comments in question were made by Mr. Arkin in his Washington Post column, and he does not speak on behalf of NBC News.”

Update: Here’s the intro at LGF.

Comments

Yeah…I caught MM on the Factor…And c’mon, Bill can and did kind of cut her off, then basically say what Michelle was saying anyway (or trying to say) about NBC moving left…

Good to see Michelle getting some air time on the Factor recently…representin’!

JetBoy on February 5, 2007 at 9:39 PM

Somebody at the Factor needs to dig out the Lawrence O’Donnell meltdown footage. O’Donnell is still employed by NBC.

rw on February 5, 2007 at 9:55 PM

I always enjoy seeing Michelle on The Factor, but it’s becoming more and more obvious that Bill conducts things as if he is her intellectual superior, when in reality he is not even her equal. He should just shut up and let the master do the analysis.

infidel4life on February 5, 2007 at 9:56 PM

“…radical left-wing loon”.

Understatement of the day.

SouthernGent on February 5, 2007 at 9:58 PM

Even Kirsten gets is.

Ya know. If this where 1942 instead of 2007, Arkin and his ilk would be cooling their heels locked behind iron bars awaiting trial. If not for his insane ramblings, then at least for the classified information leaked in his book.

Lawrence on February 5, 2007 at 10:09 PM

Wasn’t it wrong to be condemning NBC for something a Washington Post employee said? It seems like their response was entirely appropriate.

Kevin M on February 5, 2007 at 10:12 PM

Except when he is speaking on behalf of NBC……

You know….., I keep warning these fools, a great number of our troops are surviving, killing the enemy in ways we can not imagine, and will come home one day. The one’s I have communicated with are really pissed of at this endless harping and supplying the enemy with propaganda.

They may not get physical, but they are very intelligent, well trained, and professional, to the point that once retired, will get picked up by Fortune 500 companies or start their own, and may be in the Board Room one day when fecal matter like this walks in the room asking for something.

Want to see revenge????? ……….. Let the mind games begin….

PinkyBigglesworth on February 5, 2007 at 10:14 PM

It’s always good to see Michelle on national TV telling it like it is. Well done (as always).

As for that punk Arkin, well, let him talk, he’ll do more to get the timid republicans elected than they can do for themselves.

And lastly, infidel is correct. Mr O has a ways to go to catch up to Michelle. I’ve said it before, her insight is right on, and stated clearly enough for all to understand.

Zorro on February 5, 2007 at 10:25 PM

okay, thats twice O’Reilly talked down to her Im sending him a email-dont like it!

mimi on February 5, 2007 at 10:25 PM

Far left swamps latrines of the internet

and…

Let a 1000 Arkins bloom rats happily wallow in their latrine

Entelechy on February 5, 2007 at 10:26 PM

Yeah only “idiot losers” join the military. Like John Ashcroft’s son, John McCain’s son, JOE BIDEN’S SON, etc…

F**k Y*u William Arkin.

For McCain, push for troops in Iraq is personal
Senator’s son, now a Marine, could be deployed if Bush OKs ‘surge’ plan

By Elizabeth Williamson

Updated: 11:53 p.m. CT Dec 25, 2006
As the Iraq Study Group issued its long-awaited report on the war, declaring that the United States should not dispatch more troops, Sen. John McCain reacted with his long-held and contrary view: It will take more boots on the ground, or the nation faces “sooner or later, our defeat in Iraq.”

Then the Arizona Republican discreetly flew to San Diego, where the next day, Dec. 8, he sat under a hot sun to watch a skinny 18-year-old in military-issue glasses graduate from boot camp and become a Marine. His son Jimmy.

John McCain’s public certainty about Iraq masks a more private and potentially wrenching connection. If more troops go there, as McCain hopes they will, his youngest son could be one of them, taking his place in a line of family warriors that is one of the longest in U.S. history.

Sen.-elect James Webb (D-Va.) also has a son in the Marine Corps named Jimmy. On the campaign trail, Webb declined to talk about his son, who is in Iraq, but he wore Jimmy’s boots as he called for American forces to come home.

McCain has not drawn any attention to his son and declined to be interviewed for this article.
———————————————————————————

I find it amazing that the media does not give much coverage to the sacrifice made by a higher percentage of U.S. Politicians sons than the general U.S. population!!

Their sons are are actually serving in the U.S. Military and are serving or have served in the Iraq War or Afghanistan War!

Talk about a personal decision. Amazing young men, who could have done anything with lives, but have chosen to join the U.S. Military and William Arkin slanders them in such a way??????

*Senator Tim Johnson (D- South Dakota)
(son, Brooks, Served in Iraq and Afghanistan Wars and now works as an Army recruiter. )

*Former Senator & Attorney General John Ashcroft (R- MO)
His son, Andy, is in the Navy and has served in the GulF in support of the Afghanistan and Iraq Wars. This is a little known fact, because Ashcroft did not want to bring unwanted attention to his son and of course the left-leaning media never did a story on it, because that would hurt their agenda of hurting him.

*Senator Christopher Bond (R – Missouri)
(son, Sam, is in the U.S. Marines and is currently serving in IRAQ.)

*Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-California)
(son, Duane, is a U.S. Marine and Served in IRAQ)

Rep. Joe Wilson (R-South Carolina)
(Three sons in military:

Alan is a captain in the Army National Guard served in IRAQ,

Addison is serving in the Navy,

and Julian is in the Army National Guard)

Senator elect James Webb (D- WV)
Son is a U.S. Marine and serving in Iraq.

Senator John McCain (R- AZ)
Son is a U.S. Marine probably to be deployed to Iraq War.

Rep. John Kline, (R-Minn)
(son, Dan, is a Black Hawk Helicopter pilot in the 101st Airborne and serving in IRAQ)

*Senator Joseph Biden (D- Delaware)
( has a son who is a Lawyer and a First Lieutenant in the Delaware Army National Guard.)

Rep. Jim Saxton (D NJ)
nephew, a Marine rifleman, served in Iraq.

*Rep. Marilyn Musgrave (R-Colorado)
(son, John, serving in the Navy and sent to Iraq)

*Rep. Ike Skelton (R-Missouri)
(has a son serving in Army serving in Iraq)

*Rep. Todd Akin (R-Missouri)
(has a son, Perry, in the Marine Corps who is a combat engineer serving in Iraq.)

angryamerican on February 5, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Best point of the night: “Let a thousand Arkins bloom”. Indeed – shine the light on those cockroaches. It’s time a brilliant spotlight is shone on the media infestation of left-wing idiots like him.

thedecider on February 5, 2007 at 10:33 PM

The guy worked for Green Peace and he’s driving that big white Suburban? :roll:

I have some serious questions about the way the war has been handled on the Bush Administration’s level. But I’d put this guy in the same group as Dick Durbin.

John on February 5, 2007 at 10:33 PM

Michelle….it’s ok…if you want to reach through the tube and give O’ a uppercut we won’t mind.

Also I wonder what Green Peace thinks about him taking his ski gear from a station wagon and putting it into an SUV. Not very…well..good form is it?

Limerick on February 5, 2007 at 10:34 PM

ya beat me too it John

Limerick on February 5, 2007 at 10:34 PM

Can you imagine what Michelle could do to the Washington press corps when she becomes White House press Secretary? I pitty the foo.

Buck Turgidson on February 5, 2007 at 10:40 PM

I went and read this guy’s piece in the WaPo. What the hell is he talking about “obscene amenities” and “a decent wage”. I used to live near Ft. Stewart in Hinesville, GA which is a big military town. Those guys barely got paid anything. Entry level blue collar laborers have it better. I also heard they have Taco Bell and the internet in the green zone, but what does that prove?

John on February 5, 2007 at 10:48 PM

For some reason, he seemed particularly incensed this time, and he’s going a bit loony on NBC, saying they’re selling out their country for rating points. Sorry…that’s a bit too extreme for me.

I hope KP gets good money for this gig…there’s no way she’s EVER speaking for as long as MM in these segments.

asc85 on February 5, 2007 at 10:49 PM

I am wondering if O’Reilly is correct in that the news executives believe that the American population is moving to the left. If true, then can we expect to see more radical left reports like this in the future? Hard to believe that CBS, NBC, ABC, etc. can go further left. this just gives me more reasons to turn to Hotair and other internet sites for my news of the day.

dawgyear on February 5, 2007 at 11:03 PM

I should go have a chat with Jeff Immelt…he lives in my hometown. But I doubt I’ll get to the front door…

JetBoy on February 5, 2007 at 11:08 PM

I don’t think Bill is condescending…it’s just that he has a certain point/position that he wants to make in the segment…which is why I don’t see the reason for having either KP or MM on.asc85 on February 5, 2007 at 10:49 PM

They don’t call it the O’Reilly factor for nothing. No matter who the guest is, Mr O is the person whose point you’re going to hear. I like watching his show. He covers some really good topics and obviously has a great staff. However, I wish he would let other people finish their sentences.

thedecider on February 5, 2007 at 11:29 PM

I don’t think Bill is trying to talk down to the Boss (though it does seem to come across that way) but it’s his show and he often strikes me as being a bit too used to his own popularity and a bit too full of himself as a result which is why I don’t watch too often unless I know MM (and KP) are going to be guests.

Yakko77 on February 5, 2007 at 11:30 PM

Charles posted the other clip:

eagles5 on February 5, 2007 at 11:51 PM

Doesn’t NBC know that Arkin works for washingtonpost.com and not The Washington Post? Hermits! Bwahahahaha … ha

Dusty on February 6, 2007 at 12:00 AM

1) Arkin is typical of the hatefilled liberal branch that Hilary is currently pandering to. I give Arkin high marks for being honest while proving that he is nastier than crotch crud.

2) Michelle nailed it! O’Reilly misinterpreted one of her points yet he couldn’t argue against the facts she brought to the table.

3) Kirsten did not look too happy by the end of that segment. I don’t blame her as no one could be happy with trying to defend Arkin’s indefensible KOS as she did. Michelle really nailed her on the comment about 1000 leftists going to be making the same points. Bring it ON so that American can see what they really voted for.

DannoJyd on February 6, 2007 at 12:03 AM

I don’t think Kirsten disagreed with Michelle there. Michelle was emphasizing Kirsten’s point, not contradicting her.

Allahpundit on February 6, 2007 at 12:04 AM

A commentor at LGF suggested Arkin should ski into a tree. I have to agree. What a POS. At this point, he can’t even be called a journalist. His article has absolutely nothing to do with journalism, but rather his radical ideology. Spot on Mr O! NBC (Nothing But Crap) news and G.E. should feel some consequence for this.

thedecider on February 6, 2007 at 12:08 AM

I hope Arkin, the fokker, and his family get lost on the mountain. And when the Mercenaries of the US Army National Guard, in their Helos, go looking for him, I hope that they don’t find them. May the fokkers freeze.

georgej on February 6, 2007 at 12:49 AM

I am under the understanding that McCain has another son that is currently attending USNA. Actually, I have it on pretty good authority as my son supervised him at USNA last year… Why don’t we ever hear anything about this other USNA son?

Babs on February 6, 2007 at 1:08 AM

Michelle,

Great job on the O tonight! I was dissapointed that Bill missed your point in defense of NBC, but the upside is that it was obvious to EVERYONE that he did miss it.

And Michelle….the head snap and look of surprise on your face was priceless! Shades of Condi’s look of incredulity at Baba Boxer’s ridiculous comments. Then, when you took that deep breath and sighed, resigning yourself to the fact that Bill had some rhetoric he wanted to get out, and didn’t bother to really listen to what you said….OH MY GOSH!!! I almost fell off my chair! Bill, and I love Bill’s stuff, is gonna rue that segment once the emails start flowing in. I see an apology coming your way.

Anyway, great job! Keep up the good work and give the kitties a hug from me. haha

CS Deven

csdeven on February 6, 2007 at 1:20 AM

georgej on February 6, 2007 at 12:49 AM

I have no problem wishing ill on a guy who’s a f*cking traitor–maybe I should be better than that, but I’m not–but let’s leave his family out of this.

ReubenJCogburn on February 6, 2007 at 1:33 AM

Allah my good man, I never said that Michelle and Kirsten disagreed. I was commenting on how Michelle capitalized on Kirsten’s point.

At the end of that segment Kirsten did not look happy, and I believe the reason for that was due to Michelle jumping on that. If you were a liberal hoping to see the ‘progressive’ [insurance] party remain in power, wouldn’t you be unhappy with the idea of having 1000 Arkin’s running around and shooting their mouths off?

DannoJyd on February 6, 2007 at 1:36 AM

Jump, Kirsten. You’re the rare case of a liberal who’s activated her conscience. You have no choice now but, sooner or later, to change sides into the light.

Halley on February 6, 2007 at 2:56 AM

Halley on February 6, 2007 at 2:56 AM

We need Kirsten where she is. She’s one of the few anchor points in the Dem party keeping it from sliding into leftist oblivion. I say replace Howard Dean with KP.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on February 6, 2007 at 7:07 AM

“We need Kirsten where she is. She’s one of the few anchor points in the Dem party keeping it from sliding into leftist oblivion”.

Why wouldn’t we want them to slide into oblivion? Anyway, if she dares to continue to actually speak her mind and conscience, won’t be long before the left attempts to muzzle her and attacks her personally.

darwin on February 6, 2007 at 9:03 AM

Keep Arkin out in front.
He is the Democratic party. They will hide him for awhile, but he is part of the party and platform.
Hello liberals, this is who your party is. He defines your liberal party.

right2bright on February 6, 2007 at 9:11 AM

I love how these writers will attack, but when confronted they hide. They are such cockroaches, turn on the light and they scramble for cover.

right2bright on February 6, 2007 at 9:13 AM

MM: loved your passion on this subject. You have a wonderful ability to cut through the BS to get to the heart of an issue. Great segment!

As for Arkin himself and those like him? You’re right: letting these people speak is more damning to them than trying to stifle their rants.

Malpaso on February 6, 2007 at 9:26 AM

Why doesn’t some reporter ask Arkin if he has the onions to back his position or stand up for what he believes? This, instead of just asking for a statement.

BNCurtis on February 6, 2007 at 10:07 AM

“You’re Wrong” Bill O’Reilly

No Bill you are wrong! Let our Fearless Leader finish her sentence!

I don’t wish the guy ill will. I only hope he continues with his ignorant ways.

VikingGoneWild on February 6, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Eh, bugger the guy. I agree with the Boss: let ‘em yap. The more they spew, the more people will see what kind of idiots they are. Right now, the US military is the most trusted public institution in the nation, above all three branches of the government and WAAAAAAAY above the alphabet soup of agencies enacted under the “general welfare clause” of our much abused constitution. If he wants a fight, well, I think he’s found one, and I don’t think he’ll want to pick another for a while (non-apologies notwithstanding). Free speech is beautiful in that (at least for now) it can cut both ways.

Militant Bibliophile on February 6, 2007 at 9:12 PM

Oh, and georgej, kindly cease using the name of a dedicated aircraft designer as a pejorative. You insult his memory by aligning him with half-wits such as this fool Arkin. Use the *** like everyone else and leave my second favorite aeronautical engineer alone!

Militant Bibliophile on February 6, 2007 at 9:16 PM

Kirsten looked like she swallowed her own tongue when Michelle started her “Let a thousand Arkins Bloom” comment. LOL!!!

Joshua P. Allem on February 7, 2007 at 1:19 AM