Video: The Boston pranksters’ surreal, moronic press conference

posted at 3:18 pm on February 1, 2007 by Allahpundit

They frightened thousands, brought a city to a halt, then redeemed themselves with a bit of absurdist tedium that instantly won the hearts of left-wing Internet nerds everywhere.

Pretty gratifying to see the press played for idiots, though.

Exit question: Did the marketing firm that hired tell them to keep quiet?

Update: E.M. can’t for the life of her figure out what these tools have done that’s illegal. Nothing, probably, but a little less dickishness at the presser after having inadvertently caused a terror scare would have been appreciated.

Update: Some of our commenters are objecting that these guys didn’t frighten anyone, the police did by overreacting. It’s more accurate to say they didn’t intend to frighten anyone (which, incidentally, is why they probably committed no crime), but they were the ones hanging little mystery packages hither and yon. You really want to jump ugly with Boston PD here for erring on the side of caution?

Update: Our webmaster, Mark Jaquith, claims that it’s unfair to call them “hoaxers” in the headline since, as I’ve acknowledged, they didn’t intend to hoax anyone. Fair enough; I used it only because it’s how most people coming to the site will recognize them. I changed it to “pranksters” even though that’s not quite accurate either. Anyone got a better term? “Stoners”? That could be inaccurate, I guess, but … come on.

Comments

Seriously. On 9/10/2001 worrying about my domestic flight being hi-jacked by Al Qaeda terrorists and flown in to buildings wasn’t a concern of mine.
RightWinged on February 2, 2007 at 12:00 AM

Mine either, and I’m a frequent flier. Even today, I don’t give it much thought although I occasionally find myself looking closely at Arabic people. Normal I guess. The point is, we are very fortunate to live where we do. Perspective is everything. Today I also don’t worry about IED’s blowing up in my neighborhood or the city where I live. Not saying it can’t happen, but we’re not there yet and I’m not ready to become one of those people who live their lives in daily fear and anxiety wondering when it will happen.

thedecider on February 2, 2007 at 12:07 AM

I can read the quotes cited in her post, as well as, her retort and draw my own conclusions; but thanks anyway for the warning.

kiakjones on February 2, 2007 at 12:07 AM

thedecider on February 2, 2007 at 12:07 AM

I don’t think anyone is suggesting such a thing thedecider. We’re just tired of people saying the police overreacted, when first of all, we don’t even know exactly what went down on the ground, and second of all, they were simply exercising caution. If they didn’t, and one of these had exploded, while the others were just a distraction, what would you all be saying then? Again, we’re just going in circles.

RightWinged on February 2, 2007 at 12:18 AM

RightWinged on February 2, 2007 at 12:18 AM

Oh absolutely! Of course the police did the right thing. They didn’t know this was a (poor) publicity stunt. No, my comments are about the original overreaction of naliaka to dorkafork’s comment. Then I found out naliaka is sensitive to these things from living overseas where this was a very real problem. I understand. Don’t ask me where kiakjones came in – guess he was lonely.

thedecider on February 2, 2007 at 12:25 AM

thedecider on February 2, 2007 at 12:07 AM

Who does? At least you acknowledge it “could” happen. Should we not prepare for, be vigilant for and try to combat the deadly consequences of stealth warfare as happens all over the a large part of the world?

Funny thing is that the admitted vow of the perpetrators of so many lethal acts in this world is to bring them to our shores; not third world sh*t holes but us.

They have already been quite successful in doing sever damage on every major State (and even the lesser states) on every contiguous continent they have access to; now what makes you think that their virulent ideology won’t be making a major debut in your neighborhood any time soon.

kiakjones on February 2, 2007 at 12:26 AM

I knew exactly what it was the second I saw it, so I find it extremely funny and very absurd that so much is being made of this little incident.

The BBC reported that they could get sent to jail for up to 5 years… I think 5 days is plenty, but preferably they just get fined.

Are we that anal of a county that we can’t just let certain things go? Do we have some sick need to prosecute every little upset that comes our way? For crying out loud, we’ve got judges sentencing child molesters to jail for less than 1/100th of the time these two guys are facing.

If these guys get sentenced to more than a few days (up to maybe a week) in jail, it will be the final sign to me that this country is going to hell in a hand basket.

Decoy256 on February 2, 2007 at 12:28 AM

kiakjones on February 2, 2007 at 12:26 AM

Okay – let’s not take things out of context.

Of course we should. Did I suggest we shouldn’t? Point me to my comment where I suggested our country should bury it’s collective head in the sand and do nothing about terrorism.

Yes indeed. They’ve been making that threat for decades. Vigilance is the price we pay. Thank God we’re not reduced to the conditions of Mumbai as naliaka was referring to earlier. Again – no IED’s blowing up in my neighborhood.

You already admitted that I suggested it “could happen” so this comment really makes no sense.

Square now?

thedecider on February 2, 2007 at 12:36 AM

It is quite funny seeing them wind up the world’s press. Shame about the terrorism angle.

uptight on February 2, 2007 at 12:51 AM

I think I know where this got off base; I wasn’t personally calling you a twit but agreed with the subsequent premise in the post, then you called me a twit (personally) and I took offense. May have jumped the gun but it is pretty damn late and I have been looking at some pretty outrageous stupidity on this thread.

For my lack of sober analysis I apologize and will retreat to bed…we square on your end?

kiakjones on February 2, 2007 at 12:51 AM

“how will you style your hair in jail?”

uptight on February 2, 2007 at 12:52 AM

I spent a long time working on a looonnng post full of technical details and personal experiences with things that go boom, but decided it would be a mistake to post it.

Why? Because I think I see what is happening here; Other than a few ‘moonbats’ and ‘ostriches’, a lot of us are a bit unsure of how to deal with this particular subject.

This topic really brings home to some of us something a lot of rational people have been worrying about since 9-11-2001:

Where do we draw the line between civil liberties and personal / societal safety? What is within the realm of probability and what is within the realm of of mere possibility.

Maybe we should all just ‘chill’ for a while??

LegendHasIt on February 2, 2007 at 1:01 AM

Maybe we should all just ‘chill’ for a while??
LegendHasIt on February 2, 2007 at 1:01 AM

I couldn’t have said it better and you captured my sentiments exactly. Beautifully stated! Thank you!

thedecider on February 2, 2007 at 1:11 AM

Maybe we should all just ‘chill’ for a while??

LegendHasIt on February 2, 2007 at 1:01 AM

Again, no one is saying that we should change our lives. I’m going to say what I said earlier:

That “you all” isn’t directed at YOU, but it was just part of my earlier quote. Plus there’s always the hindsight is 20/20. None of us were there.

RightWinged on February 2, 2007 at 1:19 AM

Decider; I don’t know what happened to my mea culpa post but I did send it.

In case it doesn’t show up; I was not calling you a “twit” personally and when you flamed me with the insult I took it a little personal; for that I apologize. from there physical and mental exhaustion took over from the stimulus of having suffered through the absolute stupidity of several commenter’s I’ve been interacting with in this thread.

I hope you can appreciate my conundrum and don’t think …well you get the picture..I need to get to bed, my eyes are literally crossing.

kiakjones on February 2, 2007 at 1:25 AM

Dang, I left out a phrase: I intended to type:

I’m not smart enough to say where that line really should be drawn, all I know is that I’m not going to change my life and lifestyle merely because I may have a somewhat better than average grasp of what is possible.

LegendHasIt on February 2, 2007 at 1:25 AM

LegendHasit

Thank you.

rockhauler on February 2, 2007 at 1:25 AM

Simple fix, just like they didn’t Capone on his murder, racketeering, ect, just arrest them for diturbing the peace and vandalism. And before the whole civil liberties debate happens in court, give them a drug test due to the suspisions by the way they are acting in jail then drop the initial charges and boom, problem solved and no Supreme Court involved.

– The Cat

P.S. I have to admit the whole thing (if it were not for the scare and the shut down) would have been funny. Thing is, flipping someone off is a sign of aggression. How many movies and such have you seen a dude flip an alien off before blowing them up?

MirCat on February 2, 2007 at 1:56 AM

“At some point they should have figured out nobody puts lights on a bomb except villians in Batman movies! -Opie & Anthony on XM this morning

JG2K6 on February 2, 2007 at 2:29 AM

I scrolled down 212 unread posts to answer this question

Shameless Hippies :)

Gwillie on February 2, 2007 at 2:38 AM

F-ing morons… Why waste the time on this tripe?

x95b10 on February 2, 2007 at 2:39 AM

“At some point they should have figured out nobody puts lights on a bomb except villians in Batman movies!“ -Opie & Anthony on XM this morning

JG2K6 on February 2, 2007 at 2:29 AM

This is what a lot of people have tried to say. Problem is, now what would be the best design for a terrorist bomb going forward?

RightWinged on February 2, 2007 at 2:47 AM

Pretty much anything, RW. This “err on the side of caution” line has degraded more into “err on the side of stupid.” If you’re going to freak out at a lite-brite of a cartoon character, what won’t you freak out at?

Savage on February 2, 2007 at 3:13 AM

RightWinged,
I do not want to start up our argument all over again;
LegendHasit nailed it, but American Thinker is one of my favorite sites, and I read it every day.

You are going to love this:

rockhauler on February 2, 2007 at 3:56 AM

Savage on February 2, 2007 at 3:13 AM

No on “freaked out” at a lite brite character. You’re just flat out dishonest… go back and read this entire thread, every argument you people keep trying to make has already been made.

And rockhauler, I agreed with LegendHasit too… The problem is, he and others (perhaps you, can’t remember) have been building these strawmen saying we shouldn’t panic and change our lives and live in fear, etc. etc. No one said any of that. We simply stated that the police didn’t screw up, and we’ve gone ’round in circles with you (because that’s what your type likes to do). It’s because your side has completely lost that you have to say we’re all in panic mode… why don’t you just say it… you know you want to… The Bush administrations “culture of fear”! Right? Just let it out, you know you want to.

RightWinged on February 2, 2007 at 5:27 AM

RightWinged

Dude
I’m gonna presume you were laughing when you wrote that last, ‘cuz I was laughing when I read it. That’s funny.

How about this, can we compromise? It could have been handled better?

rockhauler on February 2, 2007 at 6:01 AM

No, dude. Massachussetts’ culture of fear.

We also now know that a baby’s bottle can be a bomb. So, next time I go to the Mall, I’m calling Homeland Security and the ATF in.

Pablo on February 2, 2007 at 6:29 AM

This whole “back-and-forth” went on longer than did the whole incident in Boston. As Raymond’s father would say, “Holy crap!”.

Jeff on February 2, 2007 at 7:53 AM

RightWinged on February 2, 2007 at 2:47 AM

And why would that be? Because the panic-lemmings made a big deal out of it, that’s why. If the incident had simply remained shrouded in relative obscurity with a measured response from the BPD, there wouldn’t be this great new totally obvious terrorist method custom-made for someone to pick up and run with.

James on February 2, 2007 at 8:21 AM

If we’re going to shut down an entire city over every report of a suspicious item, the terrorists have won.

It seems to me that the proper response is to have a bomb squad guy take a look at one of the things before assuming it to be a bomb. I’m assuming that bomb squads have a capacity to detect explosives similar to that in luggage screening equipment, and that they also have an understanding of most types of bomb construction. The evidence of this being appropriate behavior is that they didn’t blow them up, they picked them up and said “Huh. A lite brite flipping the bird.” and took them down.

As ridiculous as these two guys may be, they’re not nearly as ridiculous as what they’ve been charged with: placing a hoax device. That’s going to be dropped, and I’d imagine that the disorderly conduct charge won’t stick either.

Pablo on February 2, 2007 at 9:01 AM

Why do these clowns think they can push their values on everyone. I don’t want my Grandchildren seeing some cartoon charactor flipping the bird. Kinda reflects on Turner himself. Ya know how *#$% rolls down hill. Those dredlocks will make nice reigns in prison.

oakpack on February 2, 2007 at 9:07 AM

I think they responded just as they should have. They did nothing wrong and the city completely overreacted. Was it that difficult for a bomb squad to determine what it was before they blew it up? Could they not have done a simple google search?

The city is embarrassed and now they’re trying to place the blame on these twats. I got a kick out of their press conference, and they did just what I probably would have done.

ballz2wallz on February 2, 2007 at 9:22 AM

Being someone who has lived here and overseas, I’m sure you are able to see some very stark contrasts between the two.

thedecider on February 1, 2007 at 11:46 PM

That’s pretty ironic. Yeh, I see stark contrasts all right, but not what you can imagine. If someone had tried THAT “marketing stunt” – affixing unidentified electronic bundles to sensitive strutures in say, India (which is a major terror target – like the US) and if they hadn’t been shot in the process of doing it by security guards watching for such a thing, and the city was shut down, the irate mob would have ripped those two men apart at the press conference for being grossly irresponsible, ignoring the fact that this could go wrong and put out a lot of people. I don’t mean figuratively ripped I mean literally torn limb from limb. In Africa, the police would have been hard-pressed to keep the mob from necklacing these two. You know, a lit gasoline soaked tire around the neck. People get stoned to death for less. A stolen sheet is enough to sign your death warrant by the mob. These two ought to be thankful they live in the USA where mobs aren’t allowed to dish it out unchecked by the police. These guys are sooo brilliant it never ONCE crossed their minds as they snuck thru the night that sticking those contraptions on the support beams of a bridge might be going a bit too far?
I have a different perspective and it includes the comprehension that it’s just a matter of time before this shows up on US streets. Stunts like this are not appropriate given the times we live in, and two adult males should have known that, but they didn’t.

naliaka on February 2, 2007 at 9:47 AM

Despite the havoc these two irresponsible FREAKS caused, there is something larger than what they did.

The Islamo-Nazis are ALWAYS paying attention to how we react to situations so that they can plan accordingly. These two ANTHROPOMORPHIC ENEMAS inadverntanly provided valuable information as to how the Boston PD (especially the Bomb Squad)would react, how city officials deal with crowd control, what roads and transit facitilities would be diverted and shut down. THANKS ALOT, GUYS!

And notice that not only did THEY have a good time at the press conference, it seems to me that so did their lawyer. He did not take this seriously either. He should have told them to shut the hell up and simply say “NO COMMENT.” In the court room, one of them actually waved to everybody. To them its a joke, nothing more. Their actions demonstrate this. JUDGE AND DISTRICT ATTORNEY TAKE NOTE!

The best lesson for those two is to lock them up in the worst Massachusetts prison, and give them each a 7Ft 500 lbs BAD MAN whose favorite movie is DELIVERENCE and who is looking for a date for his version of the senior prom…if you all know what I mean.

The False Dervish on February 2, 2007 at 10:00 AM

The False Dervish

If these guys weren’t so reality challenged, they would have considered that and hung the stupid things up in more benign locations in Boston so as to not create any doubts.
They would have also been more careful at the press conference and in court – but it’s all a big joke to them. They are enjoying the attention, and that’s all they care about. Our enemies are definitely taking notes.

The media is the one that went hysterical, and the rest followed. Toss ’em in, first.

naliaka on February 2, 2007 at 10:10 AM

kiakjones,

Sullivan Square IS in Boston, not “far outside of Boston, in fact in a whole other city”. It’s very close to Somverville, but is actually part of Boston.

dandellsun on February 2, 2007 at 10:48 AM

Could they not have done a simple google search?…
ballz2wallz on February 2, 2007 at 9:22 AM

I wasn’t going to respond, just enjoying all of the comments. Then this popped up. They could have done a google search? The Police department, everytime they see something out of sorts they do a google search?
Maybe the dumbest comment in this very early part of the year.
Yessir, I know you have a bag of money in your hand and the bank alarm is going off, but I we need to do a google search first. Yes, I have noticed the wires and timing device in the box, but we have to do a google search first. I am sorry your child is missing, we must do a google search first. Do not shoot back at the drug dealers, let them shoot…you must do a googles search first.

An added note, cut the crude words out…they are not needed on this site.

right2bright on February 2, 2007 at 11:26 AM

right2bright on February 2, 2007 at 11:26 AM

Yes, because everyone responding to this was in such a hurry that nobody had time to actually look at what they were blowing up.

They spent $750k on this and not one person was around a computer long enough to see what it was they were actually dealing with? Let’s be realistic; the police, CTU, or whoever else physically responds is a small percentage of the total force involved in these situations.

ballz2wallz on February 2, 2007 at 11:36 AM

The ‘google search’ comment was more of an exaggerated example to say how easy it would have been to figure this out. No need to get melodramatic about it.

ballz2wallz on February 2, 2007 at 11:39 AM

Which they will be, b2w. This is the most idiotic example of eating one’s own I’ve ever seen. We’ve got the “you’re a liberal spy!” post, the “you’re lying, you lying liar!” post, the “people like you are going to let the terrorists win!” post, and of course, the “I’m going to side with the police no matter what because they’re the authority and they’re never wrong” post. All of them repeated several times, but all of them by one man, too. I’m a Dennis Miller Republican, but everything that is stupid about being a Dennis Miller Republican is in this thread.

Savage on February 2, 2007 at 11:51 AM

No need to get melodramatic about it.
ballz2wallz on February 2, 2007 at 11:39 AM

Sorry, being melodramtic was offensive, I apologize. Your post was just plain stupid. You are right, no other comment was needed.

Except for calling you out for having a potty mouth, that stands also.

right2bright on February 2, 2007 at 12:19 PM

Supposed to be quotes not strike out.

right2bright on February 2, 2007 at 12:19 PM

Except for calling you out for having a potty mouth, that stands also.

not2bright on February 2, 2007 at 12:19 PM

You can’t be serious.

ballz2wallz on February 2, 2007 at 12:58 PM

dandellsun on February 2, 2007 at 10:48 AM

Some people consider Sullivan Square to be part of Somerville, and Charlestown (Boston).

kiakjones on February 2, 2007 at 1:04 PM

thedecider on February 2, 2007 at 12:07 AM

Sorry to be off-topic, but I can’t get over the hypocrisy of the fear of possible IEDs being considered “hysteria” while the fear of unproven, shaky “science” regarding “global warming” being a valid thing to be hysterical about.

Just sayin’.

NTWR on February 2, 2007 at 1:45 PM

NTWR on February 2, 2007 at 1:45 PM

I remember a child’s story with a very similar plot line. I think the story is called “Chicken Little”, or something like that.

Lawrence on February 2, 2007 at 2:43 PM

I’m a day late, but from mrherer.

If this isn’t proof terrorists are winning, I don’t know what is.
JaHerer22 on February 1, 2007 at 3:49 PM

And you still don’t want to do anything about it, here or the middle east, do ya?

shooter on February 2, 2007 at 2:54 PM

Pablo on February 2, 2007 at 6:29 AM

Dude, you’re proving me right again… you people just go in circles with the same repeated arguments. Sure a baby’s bottle could be a bomb, just as someone else mentioned a car, car stereo, etc. etc.

The difference? They aren’t foreign electronic devices placed on bridges, etc. where they don’t belong.

Pablo on February 2, 2007 at 9:01 AM

Well perhaps you should have actually followed the live coverage, instead of jumping on the police bashing bandwagon and seen that this is what happened. The bomb squad took the proper precaution and DID DETONATE the first package found. Once that was done, they moved more swiftly to pick the others up, while still being cautious. Again, what would you be saying if they hadn’t, and some of these had turned out to be real devices? What if some were a distraction? You’d be bashing the police for not being vigilant enough and you know it. (here’s where you actually try to tell me that you’d be on here saying “well, I can’t blame them for ignoring them. I mean, the first one turned out to be not a bomb. That means none of the others are.”)

The first device was found under Interstate 93, and the state police bomb squad was called and detonated the package in Sullivan Square just before 10 a.m. Officials said it contained an electronic circuit board with some components that were “consistent with an improvised explosive device,” but they said it had no explosives.

Several hours later, Boston police said the department received four calls, all at about 1 p.m., reporting the devices. Officials responded to at least nine locations, including the Boston University Bridge, the Longfellow Bridge, the McGrath O’Brien Highway in Somerville, a comic store on Harvard Avenue in Brighton, a location near the intersection of Stuart and Columbus streets, a location near Washington and Water streets and under the McCarthy Overpass in Somerville, according to Davis.

A device described by officials as a pipe bomb was found in the basement of the Tufts New England Medical Center at 185 Harrison Ave.

Anyone else wonder why the calls all came in at the same time, if these had supposedly been out there for weeks?

RightWinged on February 2, 2007 at 2:57 PM

The important questions here are:

What did HandBanana know and when did he know it?

Readymade on February 2, 2007 at 3:04 PM

RightWinged on February 2, 2007 at 2:57 PM

Good post. We have a family friend that on the police bomb squad they found a device, in a school, that was obviously a fake device. Wires hanging out, a flare instead of dynamite an obvious fake…except it blew up when they moved it with the remote and into the bomb suppression truck. He still remembers the men laughing as he was manuvering the robot picking it up. Actually he was relaxed about it because it was so obvious, but he followed procedure. Enough of an explosion to lose a leg or an arm or put a nice hole in the chest. Talk to a couple of bomb squad boys (or their widows) and tell them they are too jumpy about their job. And they will tell you about the men who have been severly injured or killed…while you can second guess them behind a computer the day after.

right2bright on February 2, 2007 at 3:51 PM

right2bright on February 2, 2007 at 3:51 PM

I know, all of this second guessing, monday morning quarterbacking, hindsight police bashing is really shocking and annoying. Just because the media hyped something, doesn’t mean the police didn’t follow proper procedure.

RightWinged on February 2, 2007 at 3:57 PM

Save Boston!

Jim Treacher on February 2, 2007 at 9:51 PM

No, they’re not flat panels with LED’s in the shape of a cartoon character flipping the bird.

BUT THEY COULD BE BOMBS!!!! And isn’t that what really matters?

I keep hearing “Wires! Batteries! CIRCUIT BOARDS!” What’s missing? Well, anything else. Anything at all.

OK, that being the case, and that one being at the Sullivan Square T station, and knowing that the thing was harmess, why shut down the freaking river, ferchrissakes?

What makes you say that? I tend to blame things on the people who did them, not those who failed to stop them from happening. I expect public officials to act reasonably, something not terribly common in the People’s Republic.

By no means am I saying they should have ignored the devices. (And how the hell are those things “packages”?) I’m saying there was no reason to shut the whole freaking Hub down other than a ridiculous overabundance of caution. And with that sort of caution, they ought to shut the whole Big Dig down and start over. But you’re not going to see that, because this is Massachusetts and that would be politically incorrect, and they’d have to start locking up the criminals responsible for that debacle.

Pablo on February 3, 2007 at 7:19 AM

Are you saying that if the police knew these were cartoon characters that they would have determined that they were not bombs?

csdeven on February 3, 2007 at 8:40 AM

pablo,

The bottom lines is that you are asleep at the switch, or at best you WANT all of us to be asleep at the switch.

You are (probably) not a terrorist (and obviously are not involved in protecting the lives of others), so you don’t educate yourself in the strategies involved in terrorism. You sit there convincing yourself that YOU have it all figured out and all you are really doing is showing everyone here just how oblivious you are to the reality of a post 9/11 world. So, do us all a favor….next time you want to criticize those whom are tasked with the responsibility of protecting us, preface your remarks with a statement explaining that you believe 9/11 was an anomalous event, and that everything is back to normal.

csdeven on February 3, 2007 at 8:59 AM

Pablo et al are like willing participants at a magic show. They want to be fooled by the mis-direction. They think it’s fun, and it is, AT a magic show! Unfortunately we don’t have the luxury of being willing spectators with terrorists. Terrorists understand the concept of mis-direction, and use the tactic ALL the time. Those who ACTUALLY care about others and their responsibilty to protect us make decisions based on what terrorists actually have done in the past. People like Pablo, well, it’s clear that they are totally, AND WILLINGLY ignorant to the tactics of terrorists.

csdeven on February 3, 2007 at 9:07 AM

Pablo on February 3, 2007 at 7:19 AM

Again, are you basing this on what actually happened… or the media hype? Who says they shut down the “whole freaking hub”? Sounds like they shut down specific areas to take proper precautions relating to specific calls.

As for packages… this is my problem, you don’t know. Maybe some of them were in packagas and hadn’t been hung yet. I’m not saying they were, but do you think just because you’ve seen a picture of one or two of the DOZENS of devices, you know exactly how they all appeared.

Again, all you people want do is go in circles. Every argument you make has been repeatedly trashed.

RightWinged on February 3, 2007 at 2:30 PM

As amusing as those clowns were, a very heavy fine for hoax is just what the doctor ordered. They are a hoax because they were clearly intended to look like packages attached to bridges. Case closed. The police didn’t over-react, because they didn’t know it was a hoax until later.

While a long prison sentence may not be justified, I for one am tired of all the pigeon poo under the bridges in the Boston area and I would like these two to clean it up.

pedestrian on February 3, 2007 at 5:16 PM

Every argument you make has been repeatedly trashed.

RightWinged on February 3, 2007 at 2:30 PM

No, every argument they made has you repeatedly insisting that it’s been trashed…but you haven’t actually trashed anything because you haven’t convinced anyone to change their mind about their position.

James on February 3, 2007 at 7:48 PM

they were clearly intended to look like packages attached to bridges.

pedestrian on February 3, 2007 at 5:16 PM

They were intended to look like a cartoon character from a television show attached to popular places (bridges, comic shops, etc.). They were mistaken for something else.

Nonfactor on February 4, 2007 at 3:56 PM