Video: Mark Steyn on jihad in London, jihadist apologists

posted at 9:30 pm on January 30, 2007 by Ian

As expected, Alan Colmes took the side of the jihadists and tried to blame their anger on Tony Blair and the Iraq war. He even compared the jihadists, who say it’s okay to marry nine-year-old girls and abuse them, to so-called religious extremists in this country.

Hannity and Steyn discussed the hypocrisy of liberals to apologize for the jihadists rather than rail against their anti-woman culture.

Comments

Sounds like Alan is taking his sound-bytes direct from Jimmah Cahtah these days. The evil Christians are to blame! Oh, and Bush too!

thedecider on January 30, 2007 at 9:37 PM

I’ve read a lot of books since 9/11. None better than America Alone. How he manages to frame the conflict and make you laugh at the same time is a surprise. Almost as if Dennis Miller were a pundit first, and comedian second. Pretty grim future nonetheless.

Buck Turgidson on January 30, 2007 at 9:50 PM

I’m reading America Alone right now as well…

Does anyone know what Mark Steyn’s religion is? I read one place he’s jewish and another that he was jew and converted to being Christian or something? just curious….

Alan is against the Fairness Doctrine, I about fell out of my chair watching that tonight.

jp on January 30, 2007 at 9:55 PM

The jihadists are somewhat similiar to some of our so called “religious extremists” in the US. We hunt ours down and lock them up as criminals when they marry 9 year old girls or blow things / people up. I too wonder why the left is so opposed to doing the same thing to islamofascists. Are they protecting their al qaeda base.

Buzzy on January 30, 2007 at 10:17 PM

He’s a Christian something. He is not Jewish. There is a Jew somewhere in a ancestry but not close enough for him to be considered Jewish.

VinceP1974 on January 30, 2007 at 10:17 PM

I know it’s too much to ask libs to read the Bible, but how about they read the Koran? Maybe then they’d get it. The reason why Muslims want to kill Jews and Christians is because it’s IN THE KORAN! These jihadists are not radicals from a Muslim point of view. Why can’t we get that?

Mojave Mark on January 30, 2007 at 10:24 PM

I read the Colmes lines and his contempt for the evangelicals makes me think of someone…but, who? I am probably jumping the shark here, but I wonder what keeps our guy from coming right out and saying what he seems to be thinking?

Jaibones on January 30, 2007 at 10:34 PM

jp on January 30, 2007 at 9:55 PM

He’s Christian. He’s written(very humorously, of course) about the criticism he has gotten for having a Jewish-sounding name, but he was born and raised Christian.

billy on January 30, 2007 at 10:40 PM

Excellent book by Mr. Steyn. Maybe if enough Tommies read it, then he could write an update called: “America and Britian Alone”.

Oh yeah, and don’t count out the Aussies or Canucks. Australia has always been a great ally and Canada has recently come back over to our team. Croc hunters and hockey players are the kind of guys you want on your side during a war.

Tony737 on January 30, 2007 at 10:50 PM

Gotta love this guy Steyn, keep it up sir.

Colmes has now officially left the building sane universe, for good. He’s nothing but a withering walking empty apologist.

shooter on January 30, 2007 at 11:06 PM

When does taking the opposite point of a conservative point of view just for taking the opposite point of a conservative point of veiw end?

Allen, don’t you know that there is tape of this??? There will be a documented history of your comments???

Never mind…… keep on talking.

Steyn, Spot On… as always…

PinkyBigglesworth on January 30, 2007 at 11:14 PM

I’d wager before it’s over, before it’s too late… many, many innocent people will die needlessly. Of course we’ll get a good many of the bad guys as well. And the innocents lost on our side will have only the liberals and terrorists to blame. But I’d also take odds on massive amounts of blame wrongly planted squarely on the shoulders of those who tried in vain to contain an enemy.

Griz on January 30, 2007 at 11:36 PM

I am going to give myself a Jewish-sounding name: Tonya Greipenwein. Then I am going to bash all my Jewishlite homeys in leftapaloozaland and have fun.

Jewel on January 30, 2007 at 11:50 PM

“There are too many Christians with Jewish sounding names on TV” says Jimmy Carter.

right2bright on January 31, 2007 at 12:25 AM

Colmes: “Very quickly Mark, what percentage of Islam are you talking about?”

Steyn: “Well, according to polls, for example, some thirty percent of young Muslims in Britian want to live under Islamic law in the United Kingdom, that’s quite a significant proportion.”

Colmes: “Alright we, uh, coming up next…”

Yeah. No need to comment, Colmes, just keep rehashing your tired old “it’s something America and/or the UK either did or didn’t do” shtick. It’s okay if that’s what they want, since it’s our fault they want it.

Citizen Duck on January 31, 2007 at 12:37 AM

Colmes is legally insane..
anyone that extreme to the left is..

retired on January 31, 2007 at 12:57 AM

I guess what I want to know, is this transition to Sharia law going to be a plan to let everyone else to eventually die off or does the final solution start when the first crate of Kalashnikov’s arrives?

Speakup on January 31, 2007 at 1:07 AM

Colmes is legally insane..
anyone that extreme to the left is..

retired on January 31, 2007 at 12:57 AM”

What I think is truly startling is that Colmes really in his heart believes what he says, like some millions of others.
Bleating sheep that they are is exactly why Sharia has expanded as it has.
Those who are not willing to bleed for freedom, don’t earn or deserve it.

Speakup on January 31, 2007 at 1:15 AM

The more exposure Steyn, and Spencer, and Pipes, and others like Walid Shoebat and Brigitte Gabriel get on Fox and other alternative media, the more people will be exposed to the truth about Islam. Colmes’ inability to handle Steyn’s most basic argument is indicative of the impotence of the Left in opposing the truth. Therefore, their only effective option is to suppress it.

infidel4life on January 31, 2007 at 1:37 AM

I love how Colmes pulled that statistical question out of his ass at the end of the segment and Steyn just crams it down his throat!

liquidflorian on January 31, 2007 at 2:20 AM

Mark Steyn on Fox! Alright! Perhaps recognition of the Islamic Assault is gaining ground.

Mark Steyn is so right on. He is pointing out that the Muslims are not “moderate”, that they teach conquest of the countries they immigrate to, and that the Muslim is using immigration and reproduction as methods of conquest.

When, when, when will the majority in the United States, UK, and Europe see the Muslim for what they are? When will the Muslim be recognized for the enemies they are?

omegaram on January 31, 2007 at 2:45 AM

I’ve said it before and I will keep responding…

Allen… {to the terrorists}…Welcome to to our show, I know you want to broadcast your message……..

“but, wait….., wait,… I was on your side,…. no need for the props, guys……. Sean? {questioning} He said he went to get a gun…. I don’t know where he is …….. Wait, I’ll tell you where he is…”

“I said their is no need for the props…… put the sword down…” {questioning} “yes, no, yes, no… wait,…. Jewish??? American???……. Nooooo… NOOOOOOOOO, aaaccchkkkkkk, ackkgksdfkljalsdjf……..” {cough with blood}, {last human moan before the head comes off}……”

Closing with “Allah Allah Ahk-bahr”,”Allah Allah Ahk-bahr””Allah Allah Ahk-bahr””Allah Allah Ahk-bahr””Allah Allah Ahk-bahr””Allah Allah Ahk-bahr””Allah Allah Ahk-bahr”

Next………

PinkyBigglesworth on January 31, 2007 at 2:55 AM

Sleep tight………

PinkyBigglesworth on January 31, 2007 at 2:57 AM

Colmes’ views are getting as repulsive and ugly as he is

Janos Hunyadi on January 31, 2007 at 4:33 AM

Griz on January 30, 2007 at 11:36 PM

EXACTLY right on the spot.
This is our future unless the left somehow crawls up out of their swamp of Boosh/Republican hatred. and begins working with us to stop this madness. This is not just some false republican created fear machine. This is our very survival on the chopping block.

hoosierken on January 31, 2007 at 6:10 AM

Colmes is an asshat, how Sean sits there night after night without pummeling him is beyond me..

Viper1 on January 31, 2007 at 7:20 AM

“The reason why Muslims want to kill Jews and Christians is because it’s IN THE KORAN! These jihadists are not radicals from a Muslim point of view. Why can’t we get that?”

Citation? Maybe? It would help when making claims like this… Just so we know you are not making it up / deluded / paranoid / mentally ill. (Circle where appropriate).

eminuu on January 31, 2007 at 8:53 AM

I can’t quote the verse, but I was watching Armanpour interviewing a high profile muslim cleric on Sunday on CNN and he quoted the verse for her where it says it’s ok to kill innocents for the higher good of Islam.

Now many moderate Muslims may interpret it differently, but it sounded pretty clear to me. Even Armanpour was shocked.

I asked in an earlier thread if anyone saw that special on CNN? They showed how the radical Muslims are brainwashing the young Muslims in England and showed a video diary of a suicide bomber that was chilling. He calmly explained how one would go to heaven by killing the “infidels.” I was shocked that CNN seemed to finally be getting it.

Rightwingsparkle on January 31, 2007 at 9:13 AM

On behalf of the Mojave Mark 2008 movement, I submit the tip of the iceburg for eminuu’s edification.

Qur’an:47:4 o, when you clash with the unbelieving Infidels in battle (fighting Jihad in Allah’s Cause), smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them. At length, when you have thoroughly subdued them, bind them firmly, making (them) captives. Thereafter either generosity or ransom (them based upon what benefits Islam) until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are you commanded by Allah to continue carrying out Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam.”

Qur’an 5:35 elievers, fear Allah and seek the way to approach Him, striving hard, fighting Jihad with all your might in His Cause that you may be successful. As for the disbelievers [previously defined as Christians], if they had everything on earth, two times over, to give as ransom for the penalty of the Day of Doom, it would never be accepted from them. Theirs will be a painful torment. They will desire to get out of the fire, but they shall not be released from it. They shall have an everlasting torture.”

Bukhari:V5B59N727 hen Allah’s Apostle became seriously sick, he started covering his face with a woolen sheet. When he felt short of breath, he removed it, and said, ‘That is so! Allah’s curse be on Jews and Christians.’”

Bukhari:V4B52N196 llah’s Apostle said, ‘I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say,”None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.”‘”

The Religion of Peace has some ‘splainin to do.

Alden Pyle on January 31, 2007 at 9:15 AM

Love Steyn. Amazing how he can be so charming, humorous, and witty while predicting the downfall of European western culture.

aero on January 31, 2007 at 9:27 AM

I’ll add a few more – just so eminuu understands that it’s not just a few isolated quotes:

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. – 2:191

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. – 2:216

Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah’s religion reigns supreme – 8:39

It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he has made slaughter in the land. – 8:67
Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers. – 9:2-3
O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey’s end. – 9:73
Allah has purchased of their faithful lives and worldly goods, and in return has promised them the Garden. They will fight for His cause, kill and be killed. – 9:111
Fight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123
Allah has cursed the unbelievers and proposed for them a blazing hell. – 33:60
Unbelievers are enemies of Allah and they will roast in hell. – 41:14
Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal sternly with them. Hell shall be their home, evil their fate. – 66:9

Want more? Try reading this.
Now go away.

lan astaslem on January 31, 2007 at 9:29 AM

Back in 2002, when Israel under a deluge of suicide bombers, launched a limited offensive in the West Bank, the odious Colmes took the side of Arafat/Hamas over Sharon/Israel.

Hilts on January 31, 2007 at 10:35 AM

Anyone remember Starship Troopers? The more I hear what the lefties are saying/thinking/doing, the less I can help wondering if Robert Heinlen was onto something with his “military service for citizenship” idea.

They aren’t willing to fight to protect themselves or their families, what business have they passing judgement on those of us who do?

Lancer on January 31, 2007 at 1:32 PM

I think that Alan Colmes is paid to be the equivalent of the Washington Generals.

He has to take the opposing side of everything or there is no show.

I’m guessing that if you took him drinking that he would be much more reasonable.

jtdavies on January 31, 2007 at 1:51 PM

I thank you Alden and Ian for doing your part to educate our fellow infidel. Slowly but surely the metaphysical cat is being let out of the bag as we in the West study more about Islam.

Sun Tzu (The Art of War) says that to achieve victory you must know yourself AND you must know your enemy. While liberal heads stay firmly ensconsed in the sand (and that’s putting it in a blog friendly way) we conservatives must be on the vanguard to warn of what’s coming.

In the end, love will win out over hatred and though we must strongly defend ourselves against evil men, we can strive to love our fellow travelers here on planet earth. To me Islam stands for I Sincerely Love All Muslims. Everyone is able to be redeemed if they so choose it.

So… no, eminuu, I’m not deluded. I’ve got my mind open to the truth, even when it’s not a convenient one.

Mojave Mark on January 31, 2007 at 8:07 PM