Video: Imus calls O’Reilly a “son of a bitch”

posted at 10:42 pm on January 30, 2007 by Ian

Imus called Bill O’Reilly a “son of a bitch” on the Tuesday morning broadcast of his show because the FOX host has a promotion where he will send a free copy of his most recent book, “Culture Warrior” to a troop when one is purchased from his website.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

O’Reilly pulls on a known, workable sales technique, that also happens to be a charitable move, and HE’s an SOB?

As accomodating as always, that Don I.

Freelancer on January 30, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Living in Fort Worth…..if this guy walked into the stock show dressed like that he would be a steer in about 3 seconds.

Limerick on January 30, 2007 at 10:50 PM

What am I missing here? What is Imus’s complaint?

RightWinged on January 30, 2007 at 10:53 PM

That is why I stopped listening to his radio show in the morning…

…what a complete moron.

Jared_MA on January 30, 2007 at 10:53 PM

What am I missing here? What is Imus’s complaint?

RightWinged on January 30, 2007 at 10:53 PM

Imus would prefer that they send a bag of poo instead, possibly?

lorien1973 on January 30, 2007 at 10:54 PM

I stopped watching that scum after he called Amy Rorbach (sp?) a slut on the air.

faraway on January 30, 2007 at 10:57 PM

Who ?

VinceP1974 on January 30, 2007 at 10:58 PM

Well, Gawddamn! That Irish boy is giving books to our troops? Can’t have that happening now can we, cowboy?

Don’t worry Don, you’ll feel good as long as the antibuse lasts. Once it wears off, give some thought to what you have done to support our troops. I’ll give you a hint…so far, not much more than smarmy, smartass comments from the safety of the “ranch”.

BacaDog on January 30, 2007 at 10:59 PM

Hey honora, is he your twin here?

The troops wouldn’t want, let alone read, a leftist book “supporting the troops but not the war”. That dog wont fly no more.
O’Reilly at least tries to write the truth and if someone differs, it’s in writing, prove it/him wrong.

Another choice would be to do something for our troops yourselves, Imus. Something they’ll respect and accept.

shooter on January 30, 2007 at 10:59 PM

Another senile washed up liberal.

zerodamage on January 30, 2007 at 11:05 PM

Vince,

Amy Robach, MSNBC anchor. See her profile here

faraway on January 30, 2007 at 11:06 PM

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Lawrence on January 30, 2007 at 11:10 PM

I pity the the fool. Who’s Imus: Remnants of the true American west patriots or bitch in a hat?

Ouabam on January 30, 2007 at 11:16 PM

I can’t stop. This guy is for the most part a hermit, isolated at the “Ranch” and is somehow a credible voice? Jeez, if I’d only known that all it took to be successful was to stay drunk for 20 years, buy an extra large Stetson and develop a dry wit and trivialize serious issues, I could’ve saved myself alot of effort getting that masters degree.

Ok that’s it./

BacaDog on January 30, 2007 at 11:16 PM

NBC is making a concerted effort to attack all things FOX. Imus is just one stooge among many.

Scot on January 30, 2007 at 11:16 PM

I guess drinking before going on morning shows is now the norm for the MSM???????

PinkyBigglesworth on January 30, 2007 at 11:18 PM

Did somebody hide Imus’ meds again?

I was wondering what an asshat looks like.

Now I know.

hillbillyjim on January 30, 2007 at 11:23 PM

“Let it go”

Savage on January 30, 2007 at 11:25 PM

Don’t know ’bout the rest of you all, but I start every morning with a good Imus. Sometimes, if it’s here, I read the paper while I “Imus in the morning”.

Cowboy hat optional.

Talon on January 30, 2007 at 11:31 PM

Imus is too easy of a target. That Corduroy face and scotch voice. And what’s up with the hat, pardner? Yeah, yeah, we get that you help kids or something. Still, what’s up with the hat? You look like a f*ckin’ douche wearin’ that thing everyday while you croak and cackle your way through your “funny” radio show. Who listens to this idiot? He’s gotta be coasting on fumes at this point. I can’t imagine he’s drawing in new listeners.

jaleach on January 30, 2007 at 11:32 PM

NBC v Fox News war is up and running, it is going to get worse…

d1carter on January 30, 2007 at 11:33 PM

After he’s done sniffing and snorting in disgust, I still don’t know what his objection is. If this is the standard, I should have gone for a career in radio.

dostrick on January 30, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Yeah, I sound like I gargle with whiskey and gravel and say stupid shit all the time, I could make it in radio.

Savage on January 30, 2007 at 11:40 PM

Is he mad that Al Franken didn’t think of this first?
Like the troops would even use his pages to wipe the dung from their boots.
I have never listened to this clown, but it seems he is a compatriot of the Olbermutant, o so sad.

bbz123 on January 30, 2007 at 11:40 PM

Read his bio at Wiki…..even the libs can’t fix that.
As ‘Onslow’ would say….’Ohhhh nice!’

Limerick on January 30, 2007 at 11:47 PM

NBC v Fox News war is up and running, it is going to get worse…

d1carter on January 30, 2007 at 11:33 PM

Yeah, but Fox is kicking MSNBC’s a$$ without even trying. MeSsNBC is trying their best to insult Fox.

Rick on January 30, 2007 at 11:51 PM

Yep all week. Everything FOX is poop.

Limerick on January 30, 2007 at 11:53 PM

I saw this on Imus this morning (by sheer accident), and for the life of me, I cannot figure out his “disgust” for O’Reilly’s book-for-troops program. Another thing that was in the video before this, is that Imus slammed Fox news for not being there at the Intrepid Warrior hospital, and he said the only reason they weren’t there is because Imus was there. Yeah, like Fox is afraid of Imus. Uh-huh.

I know someone who lives in the same enclave where Imus lives, and everybody there hates his dumbass. Why is he even a figure on MSNBC anymore? He, like Olbermann, lives to bash Fox and everybody associated with Fox and/or the Bush administration. He hates Dick Cheney more than Joy Behar, and that’s saying something. What a prick he is.

Oh, it was a fun note to hear him call David Gregory a “pu**y.” So yes it is true… the left do eat their own.

MsUnderestimated on January 30, 2007 at 11:56 PM

Is this a troll-eyed view? O’R cuts his profits in half by sending a copy to a troop. I can see the Imus outrage, inarticulate as it is. O’R has a huge mic to sell his stuff, and if I was a troop in Iraq, I wouldn’t have time to read it.

laelaps on January 30, 2007 at 11:57 PM

I used to love Imus…it came on at 3am PST (only reason I’d watch MSNBC) he was great up until about 2002, then he started inviting about 75% lefty nutballs on, like Matthews and David Gregory…Andrea Mitchell, Kerry was on all the time too. I would tape it and watch it when I was up feeding the kids, and then eventually I would check the schedule to see who was on, and then I just stopped caring altogether. He really went downhill. You could expect him to be a commen-sense sort of guy on most issues, but now he sounds like an old loonie.

Spassvogel on January 31, 2007 at 12:02 AM

Imus Anus wrote broke back mountain. It was a bigraphy!

sonnyspats1 on January 31, 2007 at 12:14 AM

I really don’t get it. He’s ticked off because Mr O will send a free book to a soldier every time one is purchased, yet offers no debate and no point as to why he’s so angry. He just doesn’t “know where to start”. His parrot side-kick – obviously also confused as to what the point is – has nothing more to add than “I guess you just have to let it go”. Well, there’s three minutes of thought-provoking dialogue. Hey Imus! It’s early so why not have a warm cup of STFU!

thedecider on January 31, 2007 at 12:15 AM

Imus used to have a great show full of yuks. Now he is just a crotchety old man and his show sux.

Wade on January 31, 2007 at 12:16 AM

I don’t know if he ever explained what his problem with it was, but could it be that he wants his moonbat listeners to make something up in their own minds? When I heard it, I waited for his explanation and when it didn’t come forthwith, I started trying to figure it out. I am sure a reason came to mind for those whom suffer from BDS, but I don’t have an axe to grind, so I came up with nothing rational.

csdeven on January 31, 2007 at 12:25 AM

I could never understand the popularity of this old crochety
jack a**…He is a BORE!!!

Mellen on January 31, 2007 at 12:27 AM

csdeven on January 31, 2007 at 12:25 AM

He could just be putting on a show to evoke anger from his listeners. They seem to be addicted to it.

sonnyspats1 on January 31, 2007 at 12:45 AM

BacaDog on January 30, 2007 at 10:59 PM

No self-respecting cowboy would be caught looking anything like the fool in the picture.

91Veteran on January 31, 2007 at 12:56 AM

Hasn’t Bill been sending books to our troops for some time now since the release of “Culture Warrior”? Now MSNBC (s/b MSNBS ) is getting wind of this?

Hmm, methinks it must a desperate and juvenile attempt at fighting back with whatever measly means at their disposal.

kevcad on January 31, 2007 at 1:15 AM

How do you respond to that?

Imus,

I respond by purchasing a copy of O’Reilly’s book.

How do you respond?

I am waiting your reply.

F15Mech on January 31, 2007 at 1:19 AM

O’Reily and SOB? You never know maybe by accident of birth but Imus, well, he’s a self made man.

Speakup on January 31, 2007 at 1:20 AM

Anus is a dinosaur that hasn’t found his way to the nearest tar pit.

F-that jerk-a$$!

x95b10 on January 31, 2007 at 1:31 AM

One can only feel pity for the old guy. Some people will do anything in their lame attempt to get ratings. He reminds me of Rosie in that respect.

Maybe he had just heard that Rosie will soon be replacing him?

DannoJyd on January 31, 2007 at 1:48 AM

As ‘Onslow’ would say….’Ohhhh nice!’

Limerick on January 30, 2007 at 11:47 PM

In this case Anslow would say “I’m completely surrounded by no meds”.

That dude trying to console him came across about as ‘bright’ as Imus was in this scenario. Sometimes I like his dorky way. Here he was out of it.

Entelechy on January 31, 2007 at 1:57 AM

I could never figure out how 2(?) hours of watch a guy talk into a radio mic makes for good TV.

Gwillie on January 31, 2007 at 2:19 AM

…all it took to be successful was to stay drunk for 20 years, buy an extra large Stetson and develop a dry wit and trivialize serious issues…

In that case my blog should be shooting past Instapundit any day now…hm. Maybe my Stetson isn’t big enough.

see-dubya on January 31, 2007 at 2:44 AM

I’m not that familiar with Imus, so maybe somebody can help me out here. So he used to be the cowboy in the Village People?

ReubenJCogburn on January 31, 2007 at 3:00 AM

But seriously, folks, O’Reilly’s been doing this for a while now. (I’d bet money it’s been a year or two at least, but I could be wrong.) Apparently the moonbats just got the memo, though, and have decided to manufacture some outrage over it for some unknown reason. For all of Bill’s other flaws, he does support the troops, and they know that–at about the time Jon Carry was eating alone in Iraq, soldiers and Marines were lining up all the way around tents, waiting for an hour to shake hands and get an autograph from guys like Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity. Our servicemembers know who their friends are, and aren’t fooled when liberals try to fake “support”.

The really stupid part about Cowboy Curtis freaking out is that none of us would give a sh*t if some moonbat author did the same thing Bill’s doing with his books. Hell, I bet the troops would be glad to have some of, say, Al Franken’s books over there. Because sometimes you run low on toilet paper in the field.

ReubenJCogburn on January 31, 2007 at 3:22 AM

Allah,

You mispelled the word “mature” in “Real mature”. It should be “Real manure”.

Please continue……..

Kokonut on January 31, 2007 at 3:54 AM

So what. A charitable contribution is a charitable contribution. What does Imus do for the troops, send them a bag of leftover crap from his tax scam ranch? I haven’t listened to Imus ever since the first time. He is what he is, a nothing.

The troops line up around the block to see Sean and O’Rielly. Perhaps that is the real problem with the moonbats.

tarpon on January 31, 2007 at 4:03 AM

For a person who makes his living speaking, he sure isn’t very well spoken, is he? And I’m still trying to figure out just what his problem with O’reily’s book offer is. Perhaps he thinks those ‘poor uneducated slobs who are in Iraq becuase they didn’t study hard enough’ won’t know what to do with the books?

wolfva on January 31, 2007 at 4:11 AM

Limerick, I love “Keeping Up Apperances” myself. Perhaps our Onslow could talk about black holes & such when referring to Imus? Maybe Hyacinth can sing a little song about Imus’ utter lack of an audience?
Reuben, O’Reilly did this late last year as well & a lot of books got sent overseas. I think the book has only been out about 5 or 6 months. You’re right, the service members did line up to see him & Hannity. Unfortunately my husband didn’t get to see either but he was in last weekend for Madame Pelosi’s visit. He decided to be “busy” and did something else. There were a lot of “busy” people for that one as well. However, some were “chosen” to not be busy and thankfully he wasn’t one of them.

Catie96706 on January 31, 2007 at 4:47 AM

Did somebody hide Imus’ meds again?

I was wondering what an asshat looks like.

Now I know.

hillbillyjim on January 30, 2007 at 11:23 PM

Heh

I want him as a network anchor: Imus, the new face of NBC…….

Janos Hunyadi on January 31, 2007 at 4:56 AM

Falafel?

I’d like to think he was feigning indignation if I heard it on the radio, but… I think the Cameras clear that ambiguity up..

Reaps on January 31, 2007 at 6:14 AM

Dear Mr. Imus.

I bought two copies.

Bite me.

Love,

Mortis

Mortis on January 31, 2007 at 6:20 AM

I don’t get it. What IMUS thinks the troops can’t read?

Oh well, Bill’s book is #8 on the NYT Bestseller list.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 31, 2007 at 6:42 AM

On the subject of articulate (in context to Michelle being one of the most articulate commenter’s on Cable TV), Mr. Imus is at the OPPOSITE end of the spectrum. Wow. That clip was painful to watch.

Zorro on January 31, 2007 at 6:46 AM

Imus is a moron, the proceeds from Bills book go to charity, as well as supporting the troops.. Wheres the bad in that? Don go back to your frakkin ranch and stfu.

Viper1 on January 31, 2007 at 7:13 AM

No Viper1 . . . Imus makes a moron look like a Rhodes Scholar. This been nowhere, done nothing, repulsive jerk can stick it in his ear or the orifice of his choice.

rplat on January 31, 2007 at 7:30 AM

The funny thing is why call O’Reilly an SOB over this issue? It isn’t like O’Reilly doesn’t provide enough ammo on many other issues/occasions to call him an SOB–I mean, honestly, OR isn’t really known for soft touch on things is he? There are times when I listen to OR and think “He’s right!” and sometimes I think “Wow, what a prick!” If I look or listen to Imus about the only comment I have is “Who is this?”

But this issue is just a non-starter to get pissed about. Just makes NBC look like they are grasping at straws.

Then again, maybe Imus thinks Bill is mocking the troops!? That must be it because we all know the troops are too stupid to know how to read or else they wouldn’t have ended up in Iraq…right? Isn’t that the official position?

Faith1 on January 31, 2007 at 7:54 AM

I stopped listening to Imus years ago. If it is wrong to support the troops in the field than I am a sob also…and I intend to stay that way.

robo on January 31, 2007 at 7:55 AM

91Veteran on January 31, 2007 at 12:56 AM

No, but a rodeo clown would.

James on January 31, 2007 at 8:03 AM

Let me guess… IMUS hasn’t even read the book, right? If that be true, he criticizes a book he has not read, then castigates the author. Perhaps IMUS is the one who should be cast… you figure it out.

BNCurtis on January 31, 2007 at 8:06 AM

Scot on January 30, 2007 at 11:16 PM

I’d consider giving my left nut just to see Mr. Murdoch greenlight a nightly network newscast to compete with the likes of Brian, Charlie, Katie, et al. Brit Hume would mop the floor with those other newscasts.

Kid from Brooklyn on January 31, 2007 at 8:12 AM

I still don’t get it. Imus is upset because O’R is sending a free book to our soldiers? It is sent to someone requesting one, not a name drawn out of a hat. What is Imus upset about? Did the face lift not take? They are begining to obsess over O’R, just like Rush. He gets paid millions for this?

right2bright on January 31, 2007 at 8:12 AM

Well today he says O’Reilly is ok but otherwise slammed FOX and all its people. Abraham’s probably asked him to since FOX is calling NBC to the carpet for their bias reporting.

flyboy777 on January 31, 2007 at 8:21 AM

Who the F*** watches this idiot long enough to find something to be disturbed about?

MikeG on January 31, 2007 at 8:29 AM

I just don’t get his problem with it. I just don’t. So what?

CrimsonFisted on January 31, 2007 at 8:59 AM

what’s his beef with that?

pullingmyhairout on January 31, 2007 at 9:10 AM

He’s just pissed that they’re buying O’Reilly’s book instead of Imus Salsa, Imus coffee, Imus glass cleaner, Imus Religion of Peace paper, Imus toe nail clipper, or making donations to his winter resort Sick Little Children’s Rehab Ranch.

Alden Pyle on January 31, 2007 at 9:23 AM

I don’t like these pissing contests between networks. The others started attacking FNC personalities because the other nets are behind and want to pick fights with the leader. I’m disappointed that Fox is acknowledging the sniping and lowering themselves to return it in kind (i.e. openly naming and mocking Anderson Cooper, Olbermann, etc.). I hope O’Reilly just ignores Imus’s stupidity and lets it speak for itself. Imus is no threat to O’Reilly.

aero on January 31, 2007 at 9:36 AM

You know, setting aside all other debates and arguments over the merits (or lack thereof) of Fox News, I find myself loving it more with every passing day for just one reason:

It drives liberals insane. (Corection: more insane.)

The second quickest way to make a moonbat howl (the first obviously being mentioning President Bush) is to say anything nice about Fox News. Their reflexive, hysterical, blindly hypocritical outrage makes me laugh so hard I just about Imus in my pants.

It’s not even worth pointing out the massive left wing bias in the rest of the media (duh!) or arguing that if liberals actually believed in free speech, they’d just debate the issues rather than attack the messenger (double duh!).

Nope. No point in that discussion. It’s way more fun to just sit back and watch the moonbats yelp and bark. Fox News is worth its weight in gold just for making that happen.

But it gets even funner, of course – because I’m not sure Fox News would be so dominant if it weren’t for all the moonbat howling. There are literally millions of people out there who probably never would have watched Bill O’Reilly … if it weren’t for some moonbat damning him publicly.

Fox News gets so much free publicity from all the unthinking liberals – and you just know that the non-political folks out there go check out Fox to see what’s up with that … and you just know that at least some of them decide to stick around afterwards.

So thank you, Imus the Anus. Thank you, Rosie. And Kieth Olberman. And Jon Stewart. And Chrissy Matthews. And Michael Moore. And Sean Penn. And Jane Fonda. And the Dixie Chicks. And all the rest.

You helped re-elect President Bush, and you helped Fox News dominate the air waves, and now you’re doing your best to make Bill O’Reilly richer than he already is.

Good for you!

Who says liberals aren’t useful now and then?

P.S. Hey – how’d that Air America thing turn out for you? Oh. My bad. No wonder you attack the messenger and hate actual freedom of speech. Looks like in an actual free marketplace of ideas …. yours don’t do so well. Oh, well. Continue the outrage. It’s wonderfully entertaining.

Professor Blather on January 31, 2007 at 9:45 AM

A: O’Reilly is not that conservative.
B: Charity is a good thing.
C: Supporting our troops is a good thing.
D: The grunts would rather read O’Reilly than you Imus.

Mojave Mark on January 31, 2007 at 9:45 AM

So what else in new? Imus Calls everyone a son of a bitch, its all he has ’cause its all he is.

Booo on January 31, 2007 at 9:51 AM

Good one, hillbillyjim….a$$hole in an a$$hat.

thebookkeeper on January 31, 2007 at 9:57 AM

What? You guys don’t understand how O’Reilly is disrespecting the troops by this act?

Don’t you remember? Troops can’t read!

Imus was just protecting the troops. That mean ole O’Reilly. He has just absolutely no compassionate. Putting a book in front of a man (or woman) that can’t read! The nerve of that guy.

armyvet on January 31, 2007 at 10:03 AM

Imus is pissed because NBC or any of the other networks acknowledged that he was at the grand opening of the rehab center in Texas. After all, in case you didn’t know, he gave $250K to help build the center. How could you not know – he has told us every morning since he gave it.
That is why he lashed out out everybody yesterday. He’s always bitching that NBC doesn’t promote his program enough. The guy is a total pr*ck.
I think what he was trying to suggest about the O’R book is that O’R is trying to get more people to buy his book by sending one to the troops for each one sold. In other words – O’R is using the service people to sell more books so he can pocket more money. From what I understand O’R donates all the money from booksales and items he sells on his web page to charity.
How much more of Imus’s crap is NBC and WFAN going to take before they send him back to the trailer park? My guess is not much.

OBX Pete on January 31, 2007 at 10:05 AM

To answer the “What has Imus done” question, Sgt Hook explains. He has also been behind an effort to provide phone cards for wounded troops, as noted by someone you might recognize.

That said, he’s still a cranky old fool (as often noted by his crew)and anyone who takes him too seriously isn’t playing with a full deck themselves.

Pablo on January 31, 2007 at 10:25 AM

Not very articulate, is he?

About the promotion, he says he doesn’t know “where to start”, but I wish he had at least given it a try. The problem may be self evident to him, but I don’t actually see what is wrong with this. Maybe I would understand better if I had a couple of shots of tequila (I mean, he didn’t seem all that…I dunno…sober)but it’s a bit early in the morning for that.

O’Reilly can be egotistical, overbearing, smug and essentially shallow in his analysis but, if he wants to give away copies of his book…so what?????

Blaise on January 31, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Imus made better sense when he was drunk.

JackM on January 31, 2007 at 10:29 AM

Sounds like a case of pure, greedy jealousy jacked up with that peculiar BDS corollary case of O’RDS (O’Reilly Derangement Syndrome).

naliaka on January 31, 2007 at 10:45 AM

Everything about that idiot is “faux”. FAUX-COWBOY, FAUX-RADIO ANNOUNCER, FAUX-REPORTER, FAUX-COWBOY HAT. As I said “faux” everything, then hides behind his charity works and his ranch in New Mexico. There is something to investigate very closely. Its been checked before but Gov. Richardson covers for him.

oldelpasoan on January 31, 2007 at 10:53 AM

Imus made better sense when he was drunk.

Man, you’ve got to be drunk to wear a hat like that. In public. Or..ever.

austinnelly on January 31, 2007 at 10:58 AM

Methinks his hat is too small and cut off his brain waves. Too bad it doesn’t cut off the flow of blood to his brain. Also sounds like bad grapes cause he doesn’t have a book and could use the same tactic to distribute it, although I don’t know of any military that would read his crap.

ic1redeye on January 31, 2007 at 10:58 AM

I wish O’Really would give out Mark Steyn’s book. It’s what this war is all about.

As for Imus, anyone screwed up enough to wear a gun while on the air, in his own house, is a certifiable nut job!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on January 31, 2007 at 11:05 AM

1) O’Reilley has been doing that since he published his book. What has imus done?

2) People still listen to Imus? Oh, no they don’t, actually. Methinks he’s just tring to get his own don/rosie feud going.

Mazztek on January 31, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Imus In The Mourning – about MSNBC’s ratings and relevance.

Teddy on January 31, 2007 at 11:45 AM

BacaDog on January 30, 2007 at 10:59 PM

Imus donated $250,000 to the privately funded Intrepid rehab facility that just opened and raised another $10,000,000. He is a old grouch, no kidding. But I love a man who puts his money where his mouth is.

The thing about O’Reilly that is so revolting: of all the things you could supply to our troops–like armor or mattresses or rehab (things that our gov’t oddly doesn’t supply but that’s another story) the best you can do is a copy of your own vapid (and enormously self-promoting) book? The self aggrandizemant is astonishing.

honora on January 31, 2007 at 11:52 AM

Mazztek on January 31, 2007 at 11:41 AM

This link is to a consumer rating site–where anyone can go in and “rate” a program; nothing to do with actual number of listeners or trends. (The little smiley faces should have given you a hint!)

honora on January 31, 2007 at 12:04 PM

honora on January 31, 2007 at 11:52 AM

What they do need that they don’t get enough of is a healthy dose of why they are fighting and knowing that we all appreciate them. We buy the book so they can get the book.

I don’t listen to that puke Imus. Does he support or oppose the war in Iraq? Does he want us out now or only when the job is done?

csdeven on January 31, 2007 at 12:22 PM

And you don’t see that O’Reilly positioning his book as filling that need as somewhat…egotistical? Golly Ned!

csdeven on January 31, 2007 at 12:22 PM

He opposes it and has from the get go I believe though I could be mistaken on that. Know he backed Kerry. He now believes that the current surge is a dog and pony show; that the admin is doing this so they can say they did all they could and that in the end it’s all the Iraqis’ fault.

Not a pretty accusation. We’ll see.

honora on January 31, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Honora — Eh, I just did a quick search for “morning drive time radio ratings”. That data is close to what’s going on… Last I heard, Imus was 27th in the ratings with a .6 share 18-49.

Mazztek on January 31, 2007 at 12:50 PM

Dat…d.d.d.d.d.d.d. Goin’….. Sun bitch…. *hick*…. Goin’ give a *hick* boooook…. On a dat *hick* book for one….. A soldier gets a booook *hick*…. I had a *hick* chaa…. cha…. chcharity for kids *hick*…. a a rararanch…. arrg…. in a field *hick*…. and that sun bitch in a UFO *hick* stole my damn hat…. and I could…. could not pay taxes…. So I *blurp* said…. ‘take this you sun bitch’ *hick*…. and the IR… IRSsss came and *hick* said my hat…. I lost my famn damly *hick* rrranchhh…. *blurp*….

Fargus on January 31, 2007 at 1:13 PM

honora on January 31, 2007 at 11:52 AM

Books were more than welcomed the last time I deployed…they were practically devoured. And I would have preferred nearly anyone’s self-aggrandizing book to the heaps of Harlequin romance novels we sometimes received from well-intentioned yet misguided donors.

You don’t often go too far off the deep end, honora, but this is one time when you’re just plain bat-poop crazed, calling O’Reilly ‘revolting’ for daring to give something that was actually requested. O’RDS…that sounds about right.

James on January 31, 2007 at 1:18 PM

Mazztek on January 31, 2007 at 12:50 PM

Really? Was this national or a specific market?

honora on January 31, 2007 at 2:01 PM

James on January 31, 2007 at 1:18 PM

Hmmmm. Well maybe you’re right…I believe the real reason Imus was so pissed at O’R was because of FoxNew’s lack of coverage of the Intrepid center and the whole issue of the lack of coverage of returning vets with serious physical problems. Which is not limited to FoxNews IMO.

Give the devil his due, Imus talks about the needs of returning troops a lot and usually not in a Bush-bashing context.

honora on January 31, 2007 at 2:05 PM

I’m so confused. Who is this guy? Does he have a show, or was he just on a show? If it is his show, how did he get it, since he seems unable to form a complete sentence, or expound upon the issues he brings up?

tikvah on January 31, 2007 at 2:29 PM

My brother was involved with that rehab center and here’s what he said about it:

“I was invited, but had competing priorities, so I couldn’t attend….

From what I understand the CFI opening was a really great event. I do know that Imus helped bring in the last 40% or so of the funding through fundraising from his radio show. There WAS an anonymous $22 million dollar donation though…”

armyvet on January 31, 2007 at 3:03 PM