UK prison’s toilets reoriented to face away from Mecca

posted at 2:07 pm on January 30, 2007 by Allahpundit

If we don’t respect our prisoners’ defecatory preferences then the terrorists have already won. Your building-contempt-for-your-own-society quote of the day:

But a Brixton jail officer said: “If they didn’t get locked up for committing crime they would not have this problem. Yet we have to sort out their loos. If we weren’t paying for it as taxpayers I’d laugh my socks off.”

Comments

Holy crap. No pun intended.

OK, maybe a small one.

robblefarian on January 30, 2007 at 2:13 PM

I, for one, reserve the right to face east when growing a tail. Lan Astaslem, you north/south crapping animals!!!!

Kid from Brooklyn on January 30, 2007 at 2:13 PM

WTF!

Viper1 on January 30, 2007 at 2:19 PM

Now, what a min….
that means they are basically aiming their shots toward Mecca then?

Kokonut on January 30, 2007 at 2:20 PM

Kid from Brooklyn on January 30, 2007 at 2:13 PM

You got a problem with the WEST?? Drop your tail somewhere else.

Rick on January 30, 2007 at 2:20 PM

Ummm… so… if I’m a Militant anti Islamic CHRISTIAN CRUSADER who believes we should be defecating in the direction of Mecca… as prescribed by Saint Silliness the Patron Saint of Outhouse Construction Engineers.. they are going to reorient the toilet the way I want?

Equality of Religion and all… ya know?

Romeo13 on January 30, 2007 at 2:20 PM

It’s worse in Australia (second item).

see-dubya on January 30, 2007 at 2:24 PM

HOLY SH*T,
kinda.

This is absolutely the most ridiculous item of the year…we HAVE to remember this come December countdown time.

Question of the day – WHAT NEXT??

shooter on January 30, 2007 at 2:30 PM

Christian graves must face east also…grrrrrr.

shooter on January 30, 2007 at 2:35 PM

Any new prisons built should have the toilets facing directly toward Mecca.

aunursa on January 30, 2007 at 2:36 PM

Seattle spends $700k/year for five high tech toilets that only seem to be used by drug addicts and prostitutes. Not sure what direction they face, but I’m sure the city council would re-orient them if needed.

rw on January 30, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Idiots.

NRA4Freedom on January 30, 2007 at 2:43 PM

Ahh, PC what can’t it do? Oh yeah, tolerate Christians.

Iblis on January 30, 2007 at 2:45 PM

Why should we give a shiz about where the toilets face?

I thought we get to crap on your rights when you go to prison. Guess not.

freakagriep on January 30, 2007 at 2:45 PM

Nothing like potty humor!

Kini on January 30, 2007 at 2:53 PM

I also had all mine adjusted so the Koran went down smoother.

JammieWearingFool on January 30, 2007 at 2:54 PM

What about spinning toilets?

Ropera on January 30, 2007 at 2:57 PM

Do Muslim dogs lift their legs on trees only facing away from Mecca? If a Muslim is aboard a plane flying toward Mecca, does he hold it? If a woman has her period, does her pad face EAST-WEST or NORTH-SOUTH? So many questions…

IntheNet on January 30, 2007 at 2:57 PM

The fact that this commode thread faces North of the Kerry ‘bunny suit’ thread is priceless!

Entelechy on January 30, 2007 at 2:58 PM

I sure am glad I’m not a Muslim, way too complicated….

honora on January 30, 2007 at 3:00 PM

I just want to know how they know which way they’re facing every time. Do they carry a compass, or are they just good at things like that?

I can see the freeway from my window, and if someone told me to go east or north on it, I’d get lost.

Esthier on January 30, 2007 at 3:02 PM

Give em a hole in the ground, then they can shit toward where they belong….in HELL….

soulsirkus on January 30, 2007 at 3:13 PM

Kokonut on January 30, 2007 at 2:20 PM

Exactly, if they are not facing it then they are aiming at it, and if they are facing mecca they are being offensive.

Soulsirkus has a good answer, give them a round hole and let them decide. But then they would say they are deficating on the departed souls buried in earth.

I think the problem is, they are too full of sh*t.

right2bright on January 30, 2007 at 3:38 PM

That’s something you don’t see everyday.

iNeXuS on January 30, 2007 at 3:47 PM

That’s it. Game over. Everybody out of the pool.

It’s all finished, folks. The good guys lost. The lunatics are running the asylum.

Burn the flag, piss on Christ, but spend taxpayer money so that Muslim toilets don’t dare face the wrong direction.

Tell you what – the only consolation I’m going to have when the liberals and the lunatics (yes, redundant redundancy, isn’t it?) finally let the crazies nuke a city or something equally predicatable …. is that when it happens, THIS crazy crap will finally end.

Not much of a consolation to the thousands or millions dead, but, hey … silver lining and all that, right?

‘Til then, I give up. Time to start drinking heavily and see if I can get Jessica Alba to start returning my calls.

Professor Blather on January 30, 2007 at 3:59 PM

Now WAIT a minute…..

If the toilet is facing away from Mecca, then that means that the “buisiness” end of the person using the toilet is aimed directly AT the holy target!

peski on January 30, 2007 at 3:59 PM

Which way do I face when growing a tail on the Koran?

Kid from Brooklyn on January 30, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Holy Shi’te!

DANEgerus on January 30, 2007 at 4:44 PM

The Earth is round. No matter what direction you aim your poo hole you are facing Mecca.
And I am going to celebrate that fact tomorrow morning after I have bacon for breakfast.

shermacman on January 30, 2007 at 4:50 PM

shermacman on January 30, 2007 at 4:50 PM

hahahaha Exactly what I was thinking!

csdeven on January 30, 2007 at 5:07 PM

I’m so confused. Time to ask the local imam.

CliffHanger on January 30, 2007 at 5:37 PM

how about filling it with gasoline and lighting it when the seat feels pressure, butt give it a 30 seconds countdown, just to make sure it hits target..

retired on January 30, 2007 at 6:31 PM

Give them a koran to wipe their hairy assets.

SouthernGent on January 30, 2007 at 6:51 PM

Where do they keep coming up with these whacky rules? I can picture a roomful of giggling Imams saying, “Ha, they faced the friggin toilets West! What should we have them do next?”

Alden Pyle on January 30, 2007 at 6:52 PM

LOL! Best part is now they schit in the direction of Mecca. I always wondered why our outhouse faced west.

Timber Wolf on January 30, 2007 at 7:24 PM

This is an indication the facist basturds are focused on the prison population. The new recruiting drive to infultrate western minds. Can you imagine, in there with a group of those basturds. This power move (no pun) garners serious attention among the potiential recruits inside. Soon the English people will be giving up more than that. Exit question; What nationality was the blond insurgent who took part in the recent kiddnapping of US soldiers, from the compound in Iraq? Russian,English or was his hair died?

sonnyspats1 on January 30, 2007 at 9:08 PM

Iblis,

“Ahh, PC what can’t it do? Oh yeah, tolerate Christians.”

Perfectly stated.

NRA4Freedom on January 30, 2007 at 11:11 PM

Toilets? Where you come from they crap in a hole in the floor and you’re complaining about freakin’ TOILETS? I wonder if Nick Berg had a chance to complain about HIS living conditions?

Tony737 on January 30, 2007 at 11:30 PM

THE ONION announced today that they will go out of business because real life has become more ridiculous than satire…Film at eleven…X rated!!!

Mellen on January 31, 2007 at 12:32 AM

You know what we should do at Gitmo? We should redesign the toilets so that they look like Mecca. You all see where I’m going with this, right?

Wolfman on January 31, 2007 at 4:32 PM